PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Shame

Remi Moses
05-06-2015, 05:50 PM
Well another year passes and once again a glaring oversight goes unreported .
How in blazes isn't Kelvin Templeton not in the AFL's Hall of Fame?
Is it political ? An oversight?
An ABSOLUTE DISGRACE

KT31
05-06-2015, 06:03 PM
Well another year passes and once again a glaring oversight goes unreported .
How in blazes isn't Kelvin Templeton not in the AFL's Hall of Fame?
Is it political ? An oversight?
An ABSOLUTE DISGRACE

Well put Remi, if he had of played for one of the bigger clubs he would be more revered than their so called champions.

Twodogs
05-06-2015, 06:11 PM
First player to win the Coleman and the Brownlow. Century goal kicker, All Australian, Club Best and Fairest.

Who does Kelvin have to root to get a gig?

1eyedog
05-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Peter Bell was a fair player but before KT, c'mon!

Remi Moses
05-06-2015, 06:24 PM
Mate sent me an E-mail saying he's been waiting 25 years for KT's Hall of fame speech.
No disrespect to some, but KT plays them on a break, surely!!

bornadog
14-06-2022, 11:13 PM
Still no Kelvin Templeton - a disgrace

mjp
15-06-2022, 10:25 AM
Why doesn't the club DO something?

I would think that aside from KT there are 3-5 players who fit the HoF criteria...Start pushing it. Bevo talks about getting KT into the Hall at his weekly presser...momentum does build on this stuff if you REALLY want it too.

Axe Man
15-06-2022, 10:40 AM
At least Bulldogs champion Nicky Winmar got a gig. ;)

bornadog
15-06-2022, 11:45 AM
At least Bulldogs champion Nicky Winmar got a gig. ;)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FVQBxnuaUAAdL1U?format=jpg&name=large

Bulldog4life
18-06-2022, 12:44 PM
Neil Cordy
@neilcordy
I’m late to the party on this one but Kelvin Templeton remains a glaring omission from #AFLHOF. He’s one of only 4 player’s have done the Brownlow Coleman career double. 3 are in, Lockett, Blight (Legends) Quinlan.

Flamethrower
18-06-2022, 03:19 PM
Essendon and Brisbane really pushing the case for Roger Merritt. He certainly left his mark on the game considering the number of concussions and potential CTE cases he caused with his thug acts. Could cost the AFL millions in compensation.

KT easily has that thug covered.

Grantysghost
18-06-2022, 04:35 PM
Essendon and Brisbane really pushing the case for Roger Merritt. He certainly left his mark on the game considering the number of concussions and potential CTE cases he caused with his thug acts. Could cost the AFL millions in compensation.

Absolute thug.

I have a vivid memory of him and Rick Kennedy trading blows on the fence in front of me as a kid, Roger landed a couple poor old Rick was covered in blood.

bornadog
18-06-2022, 04:38 PM
Absolute thug.

I have a vivid memory of him and Rick Kennedy trading blows on the fence in front of me as a kid, Roger landed a couple poor old Rick was covered in blood.

Lots of thugs those days who thought they were tough, but yeah Roger was a dirty so and so

jeemak
18-06-2022, 04:43 PM
If you're able to land a few and bloody up Rick Kennedy then you're probably pretty dangerous toe to toe.

My dad always said Merrett was a complete thug though.

Bulldog4life
18-06-2022, 05:33 PM

Was standing between the races at Whitten Oval watching Dogs v Bummers. Cannot remember what year but Merrett was rucking at a boundary throw in right in front of me. Suddenly a doggy supporter yells out in a booming voice "Jesus you're ugly Merrett". The crowd around me roared including Bummer supporters. It was hilarious.

Don Scott inferred he was a hitman supported by Hinch who confirmed it. Resulted in court action instigated by Merrett.

Grantysghost
18-06-2022, 05:39 PM
If you're able to land a few and bloody up Rick Kennedy then you're probably pretty dangerous toe to toe.

My dad always said Merrett was a complete thug though.

He was tall, had the reach over Rick.

Probably had Kevin Walsh or Van Der Haar holding him too.

bornadog
18-06-2022, 05:50 PM
He was tall, had the reach over Rick.

Probably had Kevin Walsh or Van Der Haar holding him too.

One on one Rick would demolish him. Rick was one of the toughest those days

Grantysghost
18-06-2022, 05:56 PM
One on one Rick would demolish him. Rick was one of the toughest those days

Remember that lump he had near the top of his thigh?

Like a herniated muscle or something. Gross!

bornadog
18-06-2022, 06:04 PM
Remember that lump he had near the top of his thigh?

Like a herniated muscle or something. Gross!

Off field he was and still is, a gentleman. When he ran on the ground, white line fever.

Twodogs
19-06-2022, 12:18 AM
Was standing between the races at Whitten Oval watching Dogs v Bummers. Cannot remember what year but Merrett was rucking at a boundary throw in right in front of me. Suddenly a doggy supporter yells out in a booming voice "Jesus you're ugly Merrett". The crowd around me roared including Bummer supporters. It was hilarious. .

You left out the best bit. That bloke had been getting into Merrett all day about how ugly he was and you could see that it was effecting Merrett. Halfway through the last quarter Merrett got a Joe the goose goal at the Geelong Rd end and after he kicked it he stood in the goalsquare looking for him when the bloke yelled out "I don't care how many *!*!*!*!ing goals you kick Merrett, you're not getting any better looking!" I've never heard so many people laughing in my life.

Don Scott inferred he was a hitman supported by Hinch who confirmed it. Resulted in court action instigated by Merrett.

I think that Scott got away with it because he cleverly didn't name the player he was talking about. He merely said something like "there is a player playing in the final tomorrow (I think it was a semi final weekend) who is little more than a thug"

angelopetraglia
19-06-2022, 12:28 AM
What is keeping KT out? Longevity? Didn't play 200 games? However the resume is solid. Two Colemans. A Brownlow. Two B&Fs. Six time leading club goal kicker.

Bulldog4life
19-06-2022, 12:37 AM
You left out the best bit. That bloke had been getting into Merrett all day about how ugly he was and you could see that it was effecting Merrett. Halfway through the last quarter Merrett got a Joe the goose goal at the Geelong Rd end and after he kicked it he stood in the goalsquare looking for him when the bloke yelled out "I don't care how many *!*!*!*!ing goals you kick Merrett, you're not getting any better looking!" I've never heard so many people laughing in my life.

I think that Scott got away with it because he cleverly didn't name the player he was talking about. He merely said something like "there is a player playing in the final tomorrow (I think it was a semi final weekend) who is little more than a thug"

We must ave had 2 doggy supporters telling Merrett he was ugly. Mine happened on the wing.

Bulldog4life
19-06-2022, 12:40 AM
What is keeping KT out? Longevity? Didn't play 200 games? However the resume is solid. Two Colemans. A Brownlow. Two B&Fs. Six time leading club goal kicker.

Was also the CEO of Sydney after he retired.

Twodogs
19-06-2022, 12:49 AM
We must ave had 2 doggy supporters telling Merrett he was ugly. Mine happened on the wing.

I know mine was at the Geelong Rd end because I was a bluecoat and was watching Merrett get angrier and angrier from a prime position on the other side of the fence.

jeemak
19-06-2022, 01:01 AM
If I was to guess, it would be that KT didn't dance like a monkey for the AFL administration within his role as CEO of the Swans when asked and it's sealed his fate.

Bulldog4life
19-06-2022, 12:42 PM
If I was to guess, it would be that KT didn't dance like a monkey for the AFL administration within his role as CEO of the Swans when asked and it's sealed his fate.

I have thought that too Jee. If it was just on his playing ability he would have been in by now.

Bulldog4life
19-06-2022, 01:56 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lch2Qwn81c0

Maybe this is the real reason. :D

jeemak
19-06-2022, 02:17 PM
Good grief, it has to be!

Grantysghost
19-06-2022, 05:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lch2Qwn81c0

Maybe this is the real reason. :D

I’m sorry now Kelvin…me.

w/songsthatputyouinabadmood