PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Aker - hall of fame.

Ghost Dog
06-06-2015, 12:15 AM
Brad Johnson heals old wounds and sends Aker a congratulatory text on his induction to the AFL hall of fame.
Well done Aker. Let bygones be bygones and enjoy your highlights reel, fast forward the lowlights!

jeemak
06-06-2015, 01:03 AM
Brad Johnson heals old wounds and sends Aker a congratulatory text on his induction to the AFL hall of fame.
Well done Aker. Let bygones be bygones and enjoy your highlights reel, fast forward the lowlights!

Yawn.

Getting into the Hall of Fame doesn't mean he wasn't a wanker when he played for us and when he left, and it doesn't mean he isn't a wanker.

He's a wanker.

I haven't written the word wanker so frenetically.

P.S. No disrespect to you GD.

Greystache
06-06-2015, 01:16 AM
Meh. A player who did so much who was forgotten so quickly. Says a lot really.

bornadog
06-06-2015, 01:46 AM
Despite his personality a brilliant footballer when he was at his best. Deserves to be inducted.

jeemak
06-06-2015, 02:42 AM
Despite his personality a brilliant footballer when he was at his best. Deserves to be inducted.

Out and out gun, no doubt. Quick, clean and tough at his peak.

Remi Moses
06-06-2015, 04:19 AM
Great footballer
Shit bloke

Ghost Dog
06-06-2015, 07:52 AM
Yawn.

Getting into the Hall of Fame doesn't mean he wasn't a wanker when he played for us and when he left, and it doesn't mean he isn't a wanker.

He's a wanker.

I haven't written the word wanker so frenetically.

P.S. No disrespect to you GD.

Haha, Non taken. Knew what the response would be here. More than 'wankeristic' mannerisms, disappointed we were denied service because he was capable of kicking that clutch goal, even as an old bugger. Always his problem. An individual bigger than the club he served.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2015, 08:43 AM
I'm happy for him, he deserves to be in there as a footballer. No coincidence that a change of AFL leadership has allowed a thawing of the angst between him and the AFL.

I really liked Pluggers acceptance speech. I wish he'd talk publicly more.

Jeanette54
06-06-2015, 10:16 AM
I really liked Pluggers acceptance speech.

I totally agree BT. I think it showed the benefit of a few years of maturity. Sounding a bit like an elder statesman, and genuinely appreciative of the honour he has been given. Well done Plugger.

ratsmac
06-06-2015, 11:14 AM
Congratulations Aker. Great footballer with so much skill. I didn't see his acceptance speech but I bet he wasn't humble!

G-Mo77
06-06-2015, 11:16 AM
Great footballer
Shit bloke

This

Johnson is a bigger man than I. If I had a douchebag dragging my name through mud for years I wouldn't be texting him and wishing him congratulations.

mjp
06-06-2015, 09:18 PM
Great player. Well deserved.

AndrewP6
06-06-2015, 09:31 PM
Great player, well deserved.

hujsh
07-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Great player...well deserved.