PDA

View Full Version : North Melbourne: Brent Harvey staging should be reported

bornadog
09-06-2015, 10:13 AM
story here (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/north-melbourne-brent-harvey-staging-should-be-reported-20150608-ghizs4.html)

Really does push the limit, but this one was cheating.

soupman
09-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Should come under that rule which never gets enforced where they get fined for acting.

bulldogtragic
09-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Clear case of cheating. If the AFL doesn't make a stand against this conduct then expect others to do it every week until they do.

Ozza
09-06-2015, 10:33 AM
In the words of our Bob, very rascal-ish behaviour.

Its up to the umpires to adjudicate, not Brent Harvey.

It wasn't in the spirit of 'fairness'...but it was certainly in the spirit of trying to win at all costs.

westdog54
09-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Yep, Bob called it best. He's a rascal in this instance, not a cheat.

There's no way the umpire could have seen Priddis' throw. The 50 shouldn't have been paid.

comrade
09-06-2015, 11:11 AM
No problem with it. Happens a fair bit where players try to get one over the umpires.

This time, the umpire guessed and guessed wrong. Not Harvey's fault.

1eyedog
09-06-2015, 11:20 AM
No problem with it. Happens a fair bit where players try to get one over the umpires.

This time, the umpire guessed and guessed wrong. Not Harvey's fault.

Tend to agree. No more cheating than repeatedly grabbing a handful of Tom Boyd's jumper while contesting a mark and not being pinged. The full back knows he is breaking the rules every time he grabs him.

Would have loved Harvey at the dogs, gives his all and is loyal.

Greystache
09-06-2015, 12:35 PM
If he's booed next week because of this will there be a public outcry? Or will it be reasonable based on his previous actions?

Ozza
09-06-2015, 12:49 PM
If he's booed next week because of this will there be a public outcry? Or will it be reasonable based on his previous actions?

Has been booed his whole career and nobody (including Boomer himself) has worried too much about it have they!

Boomer is in the same fold as Hird, Buckley, Carey and a number of other champions that opposition supporters don't like - and so they boo. Brad Johnson was booed at many an away match.

A large portion of AFL followers are morons, and they boo at the footy. Champions have always been booed.

Greystache
09-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Has been booed his whole career and nobody (including Boomer himself) has worried too much about it have they!

Boomer is in the same fold as Hird, Buckley, Carey and a number of other champions that opposition supporters don't like - and so they boo. Brad Johnson was booed at many an away match.

A large portion of AFL followers are morons, and they boo at the footy. Champions have always been booed.

He gets booed because he's a diving sook, something most sports lovers hate and react to, regardless of how good a player they are. It's just never been a public focus, I'm wondering if it will be next week.

Ozza
09-06-2015, 12:58 PM
He gets booed because he's a diving sook, something most sports lovers hate and react to, regardless of how good a player they are. It's just never been a public focus, I'm wondering if it will be next week.

I think we are mostly agreeing - I may have not gotten that across adequately in my post.

Twodogs
11-06-2015, 02:47 PM
You certainly seem to be in furious agreement about something.

Libba used to get booed a lot. He said he loved it because the crowd only booed him when he had the ball.

LostDoggy
11-06-2015, 08:16 PM
You certainly seem to be in furious agreement about something.

Libba used to get booed a lot. He said he loved it because the crowd only booed him when he had the (eye)ball.

Edited