Sat, Jun 13 Gold Coast vs Fremantle Metricon Stadium 1.40pm 1.40pm Foxtel

Sat, Jun 13 West Coast vs Essendon Domain Stadium 2.35pm 4.35pm Foxtel

Sat, Jun 13 North Melbourne vs Sydney Etihad Stadium 7.20pm 7.20pm Seven

Sun, Jun 14 Collingwood vs GWS Giants MCG 1.10pm 1.10pm Foxtel

Sun, Jun 14 St Kilda vs Melbourne Etihad Stadium 4.40pm 4.40pm Foxtel

Byes: Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton , Hawthorn, Richmond, Western Bulldogs

comrade
12-06-2015, 10:06 PM
Surely I'm not the only one who can't stand Stevie J now?

Lost a yard, so he's reduced to annoying little tricks along with flopping all over the place to win frees and getting in the face of the opposition.

Seems like a bit of a flog.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-06-2015, 10:15 PM
Never liked Stevie J.

I know it's a close game and Port could well win this by 6 goals, but they really don't look like a side capable of challenging. Not sure what's changed since last season, but I can't see them beating the top 2-3 in finals - if they even get there.

boydogs
12-06-2015, 10:43 PM
Some decent games this round. Freo should win but the others could all go either way

Ghost Dog
12-06-2015, 11:17 PM
Surely I'm not the only one who can't stand Stevie J now?

Lost a yard, so he's reduced to annoying little tricks along with flopping all over the place to win frees and getting in the face of the opposition.

Seems like a bit of a flog.

I don't understand how he gets away with slapping players open handed in the face.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-06-2015, 11:35 PM
Port look terrible.

Eastdog
12-06-2015, 11:40 PM
Gee wish we had of won last week against Port but I have to tell myself we are a young team that is exciting but will have both ups and downs.

Remi Moses
12-06-2015, 11:41 PM
Port have gone backwards ( although they have a losing record from mid last year)
Geelong's back 6 had a field day here, with port bombing forward aimlessly .
Port are another forward short, and their second tier isn't great either.
They're an example of needing to take your chance like they got in last years finals series.
Keep drafting

Remi Moses
12-06-2015, 11:44 PM
Gee wish we had of won last week against Port but I have to tell myself we are a young team that is exciting but will have both ups and downs.

Their stars all fired last week ( bar Schulz ) this week bar Wingard they were average .
Their second tier can't hold up, and players are a shadow of themselves ( westoff)

comrade
12-06-2015, 11:51 PM
Complete turn around compared to our game last week.

Port's back line got chopped up with ease, yet our forwards couldn't keep it in.

Eastdog
12-06-2015, 11:55 PM
Complete turn around compared to our game last week.

Port's back line got chopped up with ease, yet our forwards couldn't keep it in.

Last week we struggled to hit up forward targets.

comrade
12-06-2015, 11:55 PM
I don't understand how he gets away with slapping players open handed in the face.

Complete grub.

lemmon
12-06-2015, 11:57 PM
I think Chris Scott deserves a heap of credit for that performance. Managed to turn a first quarter shootout into a stoppage slugfest and the extra man in defense marked everything. Nice spread of goal kickers with Hawkins held and Clark out

Remi Moses
13-06-2015, 12:22 AM
Clubs have stymied ports transition as well. They no longer own the corridor

Remi Moses
13-06-2015, 12:23 AM
Last week we struggled to hit up forward targets.

Give it 12 months and we win those games

Happy Days
13-06-2015, 12:37 AM
I think Chris Scott deserves a heap of credit for that performance. Managed to turn a first quarter shootout into a stoppage slugfest and the extra man in defense marked everything. Nice spread of goal kickers with Hawkins held and Clark out

Yep.

The way he uses Blicavs is genius. Totally stymied Wines tonight as well as putting up good numbers himself.

I used to think that Corey Enright only used to make the AA team because they forgot to rub his name off the whiteboard from the year before, but his form so late in his career is remarkable.

Eastdog
13-06-2015, 12:38 AM

Agree RM we can certainly match it with the best we just need to capitalise and beat those 'struggling teams'. Hopefully we can capitalise over the next few weeks.

Twodogs
13-06-2015, 03:53 PM

A lack of composure at crucial times has really cost us a few times this season.

1eyedog
13-06-2015, 04:11 PM

Good observations. The Cats really shut down that movement out of the stoppages as you say. They gained many metres against us over the back of boundary throw ins but Scott obviously watched our game closely and worked it out.

whythelongface
13-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Yep.

The way he uses Blicavs is genius. Totally stymied Wines tonight as well as putting up good numbers himself.

I used to think that Corey Enright only used to make the AA team because they forgot to rub his name off the whiteboard from the year before, but his form so late in his career is remarkable.

Always rated Enright very highly. A model of consistency throughout his career.

Dancin' Douggy
13-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Gee I love watching messendon lose

boydogs
13-06-2015, 08:10 PM
Our round 1 performance is looking better and better

Twodogs
13-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Yep.

I think our coach is going through our list looking for a player who can do at least some of what Blicavs can do. Every club will want the next Blicavs. His type of player will become an obsession with recruiters and the media.

bulldogtragic
13-06-2015, 09:10 PM
I'd love Gary Rohan in the tri colours.

azabob
13-06-2015, 09:12 PM

Ah but BT isn't our Rohan, one J.Grant?

1eyedog
13-06-2015, 09:42 PM

Yeah I said this after the Sydney match. Just what we need.

macca
13-06-2015, 09:55 PM
Blicavs is a freak.olympic contested runner with a good footy nous. Scott once said he could run all day. He topped the cats time trial in one of his first preseaons. He is the stynes of the current modern era of mobile ruckman. He topped the tackling count last night for the cats!

Remi Moses
13-06-2015, 11:03 PM
Caught Carlisle staring at Nic Nat with an exhhasabated look on half time .
Sydney's outside run beat North tonight, as well as Cutting off their forward entries.
North look off top 4 pace, and the pressures on with their recruiting .

Remi Moses
13-06-2015, 11:06 PM
Gee I love watching messendon lose

No doubt we'll get his press secretary Mark Slobbo Robinson going in to defend him again.
Apparently we're all " Hird Haters " if you critique his coaching
Sounds like the offering of a teenage pop star

Bulldog Joe
14-06-2015, 12:03 PM
Blicavs is a freak.olympic contested runner with a good footy nous. Scott once said he could run all day. He topped the cats time trial in one of his first preseaons. He is the stynes of the current modern era of mobile ruckman. He topped the tackling count last night for the cats!

Hardly remarkable that a middle distance runner just off Olympic Qualifying Standard would win the time trial.

He has been remarkable in the way he competes in the air and on the ground.

comrade
14-06-2015, 01:06 PM
Hardly remarkable that a middle distance runner just off Olympic Qualifying Standard would win the time trial.

He has been remarkable in the way he competes in the air and on the ground.

Ed Barlow was 5 years before his time.

hujsh
14-06-2015, 02:58 PM
Bring back the Cheese!

bulldogtragic
14-06-2015, 08:18 PM
There I was thinking Roosy is a god, but now I'm thinking the players aren't learning and living in the past... Then Roosy was going to get them the win, but now that Melbourne players are again stuck in the past...

Great finish, waiting to hear who Roos blames for the loss.

Greystache
14-06-2015, 09:31 PM
There I was thinking Roosy is a god, but now I'm thinking the players aren't learning and living in the past... Then Roosy was going to get them the win, but now that Melbourne players are again stuck in the past...

Isn't the formula

Small loss= Umpires
Big loss= Previous coaches

I'm assuming he blamed the umpires?

comrade
14-06-2015, 09:46 PM
If anyone was unsure, we were watching two very young, developing teams out there today. Just ask the commentary team.

Especially liked the games of the 2 highest rated players from the Saints, young guns Montagna and Riewoldt. Their defence was also held up by young stars Fisher, Gilbert and Dempster.

Melbourne's rookies Jones, Vince and Cross were also super impressive.

bulldogtragic
14-06-2015, 09:47 PM
Isn't the formula

Small loss= Umpires

Oh, I like science. So his Ego for taking credit for only good performances is represented as 'E'. And Melbounre Coaches 'MC' beyond two years ago (2) previous are shite, so that's represented as 'MC2'. So the formula for credit or blame is E = MC2.

So the math supports your contention of credit for performance but blaming others for losing especially after a narrow loss when leading 20 seconds out.

Twodogs
14-06-2015, 11:00 PM
Isn't the formula

Small loss= Umpires

Maybe he noticed Bmac taking the blame for everything happening at the bulldogs last year and that's why he appointed him an assistant this year at Melbourne? He deflects all the blame for anything that goes wrong to Bmac.

Remi Moses
14-06-2015, 11:33 PM
If anyone was unsure, we were watching two very young, developing teams out there today. Just ask the commentary team.

Especially liked the games of the 2 highest rated players from the Saints, young guns Montagna and Riewoldt. Their defence was also held up by young stars Fisher, Gilbert and Dempster.

Melbourne's rookies Jones, Vince and Cross were also super impressive.

I was going to post a thread titled " myth busting " with Stkilda' alleged " young team" my first post
Thought young Ray was solid, and they missed young Schneider .
Also young Geary was solid

Remi Moses
14-06-2015, 11:36 PM
The buck stops with Roos . Simple
You've hit the front with 40 seconds left, surely the players know how long there is, and to push back!
Did Alan Joyce coach that last minute?

Go_Dogs
15-06-2015, 08:59 AM
Didn't catch any of the game, but sounded like Toumpas put in a very good performance for Melbourne.

westdog54
15-06-2015, 09:23 AM

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-14/communication-breakdown-cost-dees-in-final-seconds

Roos, who last week said the Demons suffered from an “inability to listen”, blamed the Demons' failure to put sufficient numbers behind the ball for the loss.

"We couldn't get it done by putting a number behind the ball or two numbers or three numbers," Roos said post-match.

"Normally, in those situations, that's what would happen.

"As a coach, you take responsibility. If you can't get it done, you can't get it done.”

Vince said he was unclear as to how much time was left after Howe's goal.

"You never know how long to go but there was only 24, 25 minutes gone. Personally, I thought there was at least ... 4-5 minutes to go and our runner was stuck on the field too, giving a message, so there's probably a number of things that went wrong in that last bit," he told ABC radio after the game.

"Ideally, we would have had someone or maybe even two guys go back. That didn't happen and it probably cost us."

Didn't get the message out, and it was a short quarter. Players probably should have been more aware but at the end of the day the coach has *!*!*!*!ed up.

Mantis
15-06-2015, 10:20 AM
Didn't catch any of the game, but sounded like Toumpas put in a very good performance for Melbourne.

He played well (from the bits I saw), but pretty sure he was supposed to be tracking Montagna at the end, but got caught ball watching.

G-Mo77
15-06-2015, 10:34 AM
He played well (from the bits I saw), but pretty sure he was supposed to be tracking Montagna at the end, but got caught ball watching.

Yep. Massive error on his behalf. Still there was 44 seconds to go you'd think Roos would have put more players behind the ball.

westdog54
15-06-2015, 10:45 AM
Yep. Massive error on his behalf. Still there was 44 seconds to go you'd think Roos would have put more players behind the ball.

Apparently the runner was already on the ground when Melbourne's goal was kicked and the message didn't get out. Poor awareness all round.

Greystache
15-06-2015, 05:08 PM
Funny the Essendon supporters I know who were boasting how they stole a superstar from the AFL's minnows are the same Essendon supporters who now blame me for offloading an aging list clogger in Cooney. The wheel has certainly turned quickly.

I told them at the time they picked him up that we didn't want him, despite the media calling it a Hird coup, and I continue to tell them we still don't want him :D

Twodogs
15-06-2015, 05:46 PM
Funny the Essendon supporters I know who were boasting how they stole a superstar from the AFL's minnows are the same Essendon supporters who now blame me for offloading an aging list clogger in Cooney. The wheel has certainly turned quickly.

I told them at the time they picked him up that we didn't want him, despite the media calling it a Hird coup, and I continue to tell them we still don't want him :D

They will rue the day they decided on that soft, comfy floor!

Ghost Dog
15-06-2015, 05:58 PM

I thought he hadn't played too badly for a few games this season. Surprised me. How much are they paying him?