PDA

View Full Version : Foxtel and the game tomorrow

The bulldog tragician
10-07-2015, 08:33 PM
I'm a bit of a Luddite and am bamboozled about how to access the game tomorrow as I'm out of town. I have Foxtel go app on my iPad but it seems that you can't access the footy channels that way?? Can anyone enlighten me?

Maddog37
10-07-2015, 08:34 PM
I'm a bit of a Luddite and am bamboozled about how to access the game tomorrow as I'm out of town. I have Foxtel go app on my iPad but it seems that you can't access the footy channels that way?? Can anyone enlighten me?

It might only show up when games are actually on. Try tonight when tigers are playing.

bulldogtragic
10-07-2015, 08:35 PM

Yep, Foxtel don't have IPad app rights. I think you can on a smart phone or computer, but GO won't help. Is there a pub nearby?

bulldogtragic
10-07-2015, 08:37 PM
You can search the forum too, I think we talked about it 12-18 months ago.

Bulldog4life
10-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Might help

http://www.foxsports.com.au/foxsportsvenues/venue-finder#fox-sports/at/

Hotdog60
10-07-2015, 09:24 PM
No footy on the fox app, I think its due to Telstra and the AFL live app.
Sux as I found out last year.

The bulldog tragician
10-07-2015, 09:29 PM
Thanks all. I can view tonight's Carlton v Richmond game through the Foxtel go app. And according to Foxtel's own site, some games are blocked due to the internet rights issue, but our match is not listed as one of them. I have to say the way their site is set up is incomprehensible and seems designed to confuse!

I'm still not sure whether I'll be able to view it. Has anyone ever used the AFL live pass? Why is everything so hard????

wb_age
10-07-2015, 10:00 PM
I've watched almost every game of ours live on the foxtel go app on my iPad.

They have a fox footy play channel x 2 so our game is always on one or the other.

F'scary
10-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Thanks all. I can view tonight's Carlton v Richmond game through the Foxtel go app. And according to Foxtel's own site, some games are blocked due to the internet rights issue, but our match is not listed as one of them. I have to say the way their site is set up is incomprehensible and seems designed to confuse!

I'm still not sure whether I'll be able to view it. Has anyone ever used the AFL live pass? Why is everything so hard????

Things go harder for a Bulldog Tragician...

hujsh
10-07-2015, 11:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czY9kWNXDDI

Throughandthrough
10-07-2015, 11:25 PM
As it says above , can definitely see it on the Foxtel app on iPad. But have you actually logged into the app?

Remi Moses
10-07-2015, 11:38 PM
I've watched it on my Foxtel go on my phone.
I found they blocked half time fox coverage ( not sure why)

bornadog
10-07-2015, 11:40 PM
pretty sure it works on Foxtel Go for IPAD and IPhone but not on the PC version.

jeemak
11-07-2015, 12:04 AM
Telstra live pass is fine, particularly if you buy it early in the season!

You get all games live as well, so if you're bored there's often footy to watch.

1eyedog
11-07-2015, 12:42 AM
Thanks all. I can view tonight's Carlton v Richmond game throuigh the Foxtel go app. And according to Foxtel's own site, some games are blocked due to the internet rights issue, but our match is not listed as one of them. I have to say the way their site is set up is incomprehensible and seems designed to confuse!

I use the AFL live pass . I buy a week's use for $4.99 when the Dogs are interstate. I just downloaded the AFL live pass app from iTunes and then you can either pay per week via credit card or through your Telstra account if you have one. I find it pretty straight forward.

The bulldog tragician
11-07-2015, 12:49 AM
As it says above , can definitely see it on the Foxtel app on iPad. But have you actually logged into the app?

I logged in and could see tonight's game. I was confused though as there was contradictory info about block out games and as some have mentioned, which devices you can view it on, and the difference between Fox Footy and Footy Play. Sounds like I'll Be able to tune in though, on Foxtel Go iPad. phew ! ��