PDA

View Full Version : Three Things I've Learned - Round 17 Edition

Eastdog
25-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Once the Round 17 match against Collingwood is completed, let us know the three things you learned after watching the match.

Be constructive but be honest.

GVGjr
26-07-2015, 03:14 PM
Bump.

bulldogtragic
26-07-2015, 04:45 PM
1. When Hunter plays a role in the team and not like a millionaire, he looks good. Well done.
2. Biggs can play well too.
3. Daniel & Dale are tiny in height and or weight, but they show signs of very good players.

whythelongface
26-07-2015, 04:48 PM
1. Lachy Hunter can play
2. Shane Biggs can play
3. when we are challenged we are able to lift a gear and stave of the challenge. For such a young team this is a wonderful trait.

Bulldog4life
26-07-2015, 05:25 PM
Hunter can be a very good player for years to come

Bevo although he has doubters with his selections is proved right again

Loved Biggs game in backline

Go_Dogs
26-07-2015, 05:35 PM
1. Many will be reconsidering the trade potential of Hunter, it clicked today - great to see.
2. Even with a big injury list effecting our inside ability and key defensive stocks (which would see most teams crucified) we are holding up well with team defence which is now our trademark.
3. Crameri is super important for us and we need him playing like that every week. I had forgotten how much he could influence a game.

hujsh
26-07-2015, 06:18 PM
1.Morris is still a legend

2.Morris is still a gun

3.Morris shouldn't retire just yet

PedroArvy
26-07-2015, 08:05 PM
1. When we move the ball fast we look extremely dangerous.

2. We don't fold and can play out games even when the tide seems to have turned against us.

3. When coaches get sacked you hear the cliche "the players are at fault not the coach". I don't believe it. Clearly Bevo has instilled a team belief that Macartney couldn't bring to this level.

Greystache
26-07-2015, 08:54 PM
1. Hunter may have just played his break out game after an excellent quarter last week.

2. Talia is miles off AFL level.

3. Macrae's inside game has improved dramatically in the second half of the season.

1eyedog
26-07-2015, 09:17 PM
1. We have the ability to play lock down and frenetic-paced football, we out freneticed the Pies today.

2. Biggs, looks like Jane plays like Tarzan.

3. Collingwood supporter are really horrible. Trying to start a fight at the Footscray end around a heap of kids. Deplorable.

comrade
26-07-2015, 09:21 PM
1. Dale Morris has a few more years left embarrassing opposition forwards. What a marvel.

2. In Biggs, we may have found someone who can at least be serviceable in replacing Bobby off the half back line. His foot skills today were off the chart.

3. We need our big defenders back so Easton Wood can go back to beast mode.

Bulldog4life
26-07-2015, 09:29 PM
1. We have the ability to play lock down and frenetic-paced football, we out freneticed the Pies today.

2. Biggs, looks like Jane plays like Tarzan.

3. Collingwood supporter are really horrible. Trying to start a fight at the Footscray end around a heap of kids. Deplorable.

About the fourth time I have read about this sort of thing from Collingwood supporters this year

C'mon Eddie do something about it

kruder
26-07-2015, 10:31 PM
1. Dale Morris has a few more years left embarrassing opposition forwards. What a marvel.

2. In Biggs, we may have found someone who can at least be serviceable in replacing Bobby off the half back line. His foot skills today were off the chart.

3. We need our big defenders back so Easton Wood can go back to beast mode.

Biggs was good. I still have massive concerns over his decision making though he also lacks a little size.

merantau
26-07-2015, 10:34 PM
1. Crameri on song is a handful for ANY defence
2. Biggs was very assured with ball in hand and competed very well over 4 quarters.
3. Hunter was exceptional. Played out of his skin so can take a lot of confidence from that performance
4. Campbell has a big tank which surprised me a little.
5. Dahlhaus can be too team oriented at times.
6. Bontempelli is not afraid to get down and dirty. Did a lot of heavy work today.
7. Our old hands - Murph, Morris, Boyd and Picken all had great games and our very young blokes all put in.
8. After a win like that, my smile is such that my head is in danger of splitting in two.

1eyedog
26-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Biggs was good. I still have massive concerns over his decision making though he also lacks a little size.

So did / does Bob.

Smads57
26-07-2015, 10:54 PM
1. Campbell likely to play first ruck for the rest of the year (also off the back of Minson's game in the magoos yesterday)
2. Each week someone different in the team puts on a performance I didn't expect (a la Hunts today)
3. We have some good depth in our team

Twodogs
26-07-2015, 11:03 PM
1 Deadeye Dickson is the best shot at goal I've seen, better than Paul Hudson.
2 this is fast becoming my favourite season ever. What the players and coaches have done so far is pretty epic.
3 it was bloody cold!

LostDoggy
26-07-2015, 11:10 PM
1 - Morris must play on next year

2 - Boyd must play on next year

3 - Murphy must play on until 2020.

bulldogtragic
26-07-2015, 11:28 PM
1 - Morris must play on next year

2 - Boyd must play on next year

3 - Murphy must play on until 2020.

Are you Brad Scott? Stranding Murphy on 420 games. Give him another season. :D

Sedat
27-07-2015, 12:17 AM
1. Some of the talk around Prudden and Biggs "not being up to it" was perhaps a tad premature - granted one swallow doesn't make a summer, but both were very impressive and assured
2. We play at our best when we risk losing the football to move it quickly through the corridor to create scoring opportunities
3. We absolutely smashed a good team on the spread - haven't said that for a number of years