PDA

View Full Version : Collingwood Away Members Reserve

Cyberdoggie
27-07-2015, 11:44 AM
Ok venting my anger on here which detracted from a wonderful game of footy.

I turned up to 'OUR HOME GAME' yesterday and found that the entire dock side wing level 3 as well as the front dozen or so rows behind both goals had been designated for Collingwood away members reserve!.

Since when does an away team dictate having their own designated area, which mind you was barely half full.

The remaining area was jam packed with bulldogs and Collingwood supporters who weren't away game reserve member designated. Basically we were second class citizens in our own home game.

I'm not sure who's bright idea this was, I'm assuming it was our club trying to cash in by doing a deal with Collingwood.
I can guarantee you we don't get privileged seating for away games, what a joke.

I tried to bring someone along to the game but we were told there were no general admission tickets left. They had to purchase a standing room only ticket (For the same price as a general admin ticket!!!, how does that make sense!).

Adding to this there was absolutely no notice of this seating arrangement: see below

Member Match Day Access

Reserved Seat members can take their season seat for this match.

General Admission members will be able to scan in and access any available seat on Level 3.

Should a General Admission member wish to upgrade to a reserved seat for the match, they can do so via Ticketmaster and only pay the discounted members upgrade fee. To upgrade to a reserved seat, click here.

With high attendance expected for Sunday’s match, we recommend upgrading to a reserved seat. Western Bulldogs access members can upgrade to a Level 1 goals reserved seat for the discounted member price of $15.

General Admission Access will be located on Level 3. We recommend for the best Bulldogs experience, enter via Gate 7 which on game day transforms into the Footscray End.

bornadog
27-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Absolute disgrace and this needs to be taken up by the club.

I suggest you send an email to the acting CEO.

azabob
27-07-2015, 12:36 PM
This isn't a new problem or complaint. It happens each time we play a home game against Collingwood.

Cyberdoggie
27-07-2015, 12:39 PM
This isn't a new problem or complaint. It happens each time we play a home game against Collingwood.

I've seen the first few rows reserved before but never the entire wing plus behind goals.

SlimPickens
27-07-2015, 12:49 PM

And Essendon and Carlton and Richmond.

The Pie Man
27-07-2015, 12:57 PM
I was wondering what was going on there - we got there at 12:30 so had little problem finding a seat (row Q Aisle 4 behind the goals) behind all the reserved rows, but it filled up pretty quickly...and I would've much preferred to sit on the wing.

If there was significant coin involved given their huge membership base and reserved seat for away games options, well...I'm torn.

(I've only got a GA membership and usually stand, but I had my brother's membership spare this week so took my father in law whose a Collingwood fan - given his age, a Level 3 seat was in order - was surprised how much was reserved up there)

craigsahibee
27-07-2015, 01:21 PM
It shows the inequity in the (Fixed)-ture that we have to do these deals and appease the big clubs just to get a Prime Time (1:10pm Sunday) home game against the so-called big clubs. I yearn for the days when a "home" game was on our patch of dirt, and the opposition and their supporters were made to feel uncomfortable and hated going.

Ozza
27-07-2015, 05:59 PM
It shows the inequity in the (Fixed)-ture that we have to do these deals and appease the big clubs just to get a Prime Time (1:10pm Sunday) home game against the so-called big clubs. I yearn for the days when a "home" game was on our patch of dirt, and the opposition and their supporters were made to feel uncomfortable and hated going.

I'd rather 40,000+ people turn up.

bornadog
27-07-2015, 06:02 PM

me too, but our supporters should get the best viewing spots for home games.

GVGjr
27-07-2015, 07:05 PM
me too, but our supporters should get the best viewing spots for home games.

It's a fine line, I'm guessing here but perhaps 17,000 or 18,000 of the 40,000 were Bulldogs fans so it's hard to justify reserving the better seats for our supporters when we don't know how many are likely to show up. Even after a number of losses, the Pies fans still come along to the games even away games.
For a club that so often struggles to draw a crowd at 1.10pm on a Sunday it goes against the grain to turn any supporter (theirs or ours) away. I guess the question is now about how do we better cater for our members next year?

To me, it's hard to reserve seats for fans that don't normally come to Sunday games at that time. I wouldn't want to turn 2,000 Pies supporters away from the game either.

Back to the issue Cyberdoggie raised, I would contact the membership department for some clarification.

boydogs
27-07-2015, 10:12 PM
General Admission is getting smaller and smaller

http://puu.sh/jeC0m/a7d80a5baf.jpg

craigsahibee
28-07-2015, 02:11 PM

And if we keep improving that 40,000+ will be in Red White and Blue and then we can dictate where our fans can sit without having to accommodate away club members.

Cyberdoggie
28-07-2015, 02:16 PM

So bottom line for this week is if your not early don't bother.

The Pie Man
28-07-2015, 02:31 PM

General Admin is bottom level on the wing? That can't be right

Twodogs
28-07-2015, 05:00 PM

Must be the boundary line. It's just in the same marking.

SlimPickens
28-07-2015, 05:22 PM
So bottom line for this week is if your not early don't bother.

Essendon home games are fully ticketed, meaning GA still will be an allocated seat (ie one you have to get at the ticket box).

Axe Man
28-07-2015, 06:06 PM
Essendon home games are fully ticketed, meaning GA still will be an allocated seat (ie one you have to get at the ticket box).

That's correct. I don't believe there is any general admission area as such (other than standing room). This map is a little better:

http://s4.postimg.org/py2olx7n1/Etihad_AFL_Seating_Plan.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

bornadog
28-07-2015, 06:24 PM

Is it ticketed this week, as there is no mention of it?

Cyberdoggie
28-07-2015, 06:30 PM

The dogs website just says l3 general admission.

BulldogBelle
28-07-2015, 06:42 PM

l don't think to many Essendon fans are turning up these days!

boydogs
28-07-2015, 10:57 PM

Ticketmaster has General Admission outside the stadium

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/essendon-v-western-bulldogs-reservedgeneral-docklands-victoria-02-08-2015/event/25004E6CF3742BDD?artistid=1055647&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=711&tm_link=venue_msg-0_25004E6CF3742BDD

http://puu.sh/jfVr3/4478f59e5e.png

LostDoggy
28-07-2015, 11:32 PM
That means you could watch it on the big screen in the wind and rain!!!