PDA

View Full Version : Three Things I've Learned - Round 18 Edition

Eastdog
31-07-2015, 04:42 PM
Once the Round 18 match against Essendon is completed, let us know the three things you learned after watching the match.

Be constructive but be honest.

bulldogtragic
02-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Three. 3.

bulldogtragic
02-08-2015, 07:04 PM
1. This could be our best ever draft year. And that's might good.
2. When we add Tom Boyd, Libba, Roughy, Smith and many others near the 22. I'm going to explode.
3. 5th spot on the ladder. Wow.

westbulldog
02-08-2015, 09:49 PM
1. These young men are bonding as a very fine team, their game today was clinical. One wishes that the finals were played at Etihad.
2. Jack Redpath and Caleb Daniel add to the growing list of selection successes.
3. Lachie Hunter played his best game, very team oriented today.

comrade
02-08-2015, 10:56 PM
1. Our team defence is very good and was once again on show albeit against a team of pea hearted witches hats.
2. Tommy Campbell is doing enough to keep the #1 ruck spot but not sure what we do when Roughy is fit.
3. We have Hrovat/Webb/Jong/Honeychuch/Toyd/Minson/Roughy/Cordy/Hamling/Roberts all on outside pushing for an opportunity. Have we ever had such depth?

westdog54
02-08-2015, 10:56 PM
1. Our forward line is capable of wreaking havoc in September.
2. Lachie Hunter is growing up.
3. Over to Kevin Garnett:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcz_kDCBTBk

GVGjr
02-08-2015, 11:03 PM
3. Over to Kevin Garnett:

I just got the same message content from Twodogs ;)

GVGjr
02-08-2015, 11:09 PM
- Delivering a pants down spanking to the Bombers is a great tonic on a Sunday.
- Our club and captain exhibited class today and truly believe in the 'Be Loud, Be Fair' campaign. It's not just words
- The experience our youngsters are gaining now will be invaluable in the longer term.

azabob
02-08-2015, 11:40 PM
1. Each week I am amazed at how rounded of a player Mitch Wallis is. Does everything right.

2. Crameri is an accurate shot for goal, he just needs to think about it or not think about it.

3. Hunter is capable of team footy and putting his body on the line.

Eastdog
02-08-2015, 11:45 PM
1. That we have a good forward line and when it functions well the results a huge
2. Crameri is getting form back which is great to see finally putting WADA behind him
3. That when we play like we did in the first quarter we don't do so well.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-08-2015, 11:47 PM
1. Biggs has a great left foot.

2. Bontempelli is a majestic field kick.

3.I needn't have feared for Mitch Wallis' lack of ability to make it; his strengths are mental and enormous. He makes things happen when they need to.

bornadog
03-08-2015, 12:00 AM
1. I learnt that Biggs and Prudden are potential replacements for the HB positions

2. That Grant has more pace tan I thought he had, just needs to use it more often to his advantage

3. When Crameri is left in the forward line, he is really dangerous

LostDoggy
03-08-2015, 12:10 AM
1. Biggs has a great left foot.

2. Bontempelli is a majestic field kick.

3.I needn't have feared for Mitch Wallis' lack of ability to make it; his strengths are mental and enormous. He makes things happen when they need to.

Great observation and one of the ultimate compliments for an AFL player. He is increasingly shaping as a future captain to my mind, which would be a great story given his father.

craigsahibee
03-08-2015, 12:16 PM
1. Not so much as learned, but more confirmation. After watching the VFL prior to the AFL game, our depth is as good as it has ever been.

2. JJ. Super good season. His run and carry of the footy is refreshing and has the ability to cut zones apart.

3. The last 2 weeks have shown that Lachie Hunter does have the desire to be an A grader.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-08-2015, 12:59 PM
1. Hunter can make it. I really had written him off a few weeks ago and was sick of his selfish soft footy. The last two weeks he has literally done a 360 and looks an entirely different player. Racking up the possessions and working really hard to get into space, but he's also applying pressure, putting his head over it, and bringing others into the game. Complete performances the last two weeks.

2. Biggs is a neat player. I was concerned after his first couple of games, but his last two have been very assured. A few mistakes aside, his disposal has been excellent on both feet - quite impressive - and I like his composure and willingness to run and create. He's really helped take pressure off Murph.

3. I love Bevo more than I thought I did.

LostDoggy
03-08-2015, 01:07 PM
1. Having a very short player in your team that has a real dip makes others lift. Loving Caleb Daniel. Makes me nostalgic for Libba leaving the ground with a massive swollen eye and a bigger beaming smile.

2. Our young team is maturing nicely. Plenty went wrong in the first quarter, but there was no panic just worked harder and smarter.

3. Our forward structures are going to do opposition heads in. When your key forward is held goalless despite playing ok, and you still kick 19 goals, that's hard to plan a defence against.

LostDoggy
03-08-2015, 01:12 PM
1. Easton Wood feels a great responsibility for his role. He started the game poorly but took responsibility for lifting himself and getting back into the game. Normally when a player starts the game like that they finish that way.
2. Essendon's defensive effort in their forward 50 has already been banned by WADA and nobody caught the press release.
3. Crameri carries some pretty deep scars from his time at Essendon and it was fantastic to see him purge as he fed on their bloody carcasses.

I have to add a fourth, sorry:

4. I relearnt not to write players off. Sorry Hunter. Still not 100% convinced but certainly wrong of me to write you off like I did post-Gold Coast.

Happy Days
03-08-2015, 01:20 PM
1. Stringer played a pretty okay game and still kicked 4 which easily could have been 6-7. He will kick 15 one day and it will be glorious.

2. Mitch Wallis' clearance work has the capacity to take over games.

3. Essendon are DONE, regardless of any WADA outcome. The good players don't look interested and the other players are SO bad. KPDs had 11 kicked on them, Ambrose playing stretches in the ruck (Ambrose playing full stop), James Hird permanently looking like the girl he asked to the formal said no, etc. They are a rabble and it's so good.

LostDoggy
03-08-2015, 06:21 PM
1. Stringer played a pretty okay game and still kicked 4 which easily could have been 6-7. He will kick 15 one day and it will be glorious.

2. Mitch Wallis' clearance work has the capacity to take over games.

3. Essendon are DONE, regardless of any WADA outcome. The good players don't look interested and the other players are SO bad. KPDs had 11 kicked on them, Ambrose playing stretches in the ruck (Ambrose playing full stop), James Hird permanently looking like the girl he asked to the formal said no, etc. They are a rabble and it's so good.

She said yes, but years later looks like a Toorak Leather Boot. I'd be glum too.

bulldogtragic
03-08-2015, 06:37 PM
After the fact and the day after. I've learned the Essendon board are gutless beyond my past view. Look at Hird in the box yesterday and his players ineptness and the captain on the ashes tour. If ever a coached was due to be sacked this was the 24 hour window. Clearly they're happy to go down withe the ship.

ratsmac
03-08-2015, 08:26 PM
1. Essendon are a shadow of their former selves. I am glad this has happened to that filthy cheating club.

2. I really feel sorry for Cooney for choosing Essendon to be traded to. What was he thinking! He doesn't deserve to end his career under such a badly coached and run club.

3. Our boys have a killer instinct. What a great sign for such a young team.

EasternWest
03-08-2015, 09:14 PM
1. Essendon are a shadow of their former selves. I am glad this has happened to that filthy cheating club.

2. I really feel sorry for Cooney for choosing Essendon to be traded to. What was he thinking! He doesn't deserve to end his career under such a badly coached and run club.

3. Our boys have a killer instinct. What a great sign for such a young team.

I honestly don't think he cares. He was running around for us for the last few years not giving a shit. Now he's running around not giving a shit for them, but he's getting paid more money.

always right
03-08-2015, 09:16 PM
1. It was sad to see Cooney playing for the bombers. I got no pleasure in seeing him struggle....a shadow of his glory days.
2. I learned.....no.....confirmed, that Goddard is a do as I say, not do as I do sort of player.
3. I can't believe how much pleasure I gained from seeing bomber supporters without arrogance.....or hope.

LostDoggy
04-08-2015, 03:57 PM
After the fact and the day after. I've learned the Essendon board are gutless beyond my past view. Look at Hird in the box yesterday and his players ineptness and the captain on the ashes tour. If ever a coached was due to be sacked this was the 24 hour window. Clearly they're happy to go down withe the ship.

Full support of the board.

LostDoggy
04-08-2015, 07:01 PM
1. It was great to see in the back half, when the ball was coming in, that we often cleaned up the spillage with a moving player behind the contest. Too often in the past we have had no-one.

2. We are getting more confident touch players into the team. Little legs scurrying and picks up at pace from Daniel and Biggs to name but 2.

3. Daniel seems to cover a lot of ground up forward cutting angles, narrowing space available, manning the mark which also enables our other forwards to get up the ground more quickly to defend.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-08-2015, 08:20 PM
1. It was sad to see Cooney playing for the bombers. I got no pleasure in seeing him struggle....a shadow of his glory days.

Fallen right off the pace now hasn't he? Wonder how he felt playing us.

No hard feelings for Coons, wish him well post footy. Gave us a lot of highlights.

F'scary
04-08-2015, 08:42 PM
1. I learnt that Biggs and Prudden are potential replacements for the HB positions

2. That Grant has more pace tan I thought he had, just needs to use it more often to his advantage

3. When Crameri is left in the forward line, he is really dangerous

He is coming along, doesn't look out of place now he has a few games under his belt.

JohnGentStand
04-08-2015, 08:51 PM
1. We judge too quickly.Give a guy a few weeks to find his feet and we learn a lot. Prudden, Hunter, Biggs
2. Bont does a lot more inside work than I realised. Those little touches and deflections in close are often the difference in which way a clearance goes.
3. Big Red. Finding out he can be handy up the ground. That strength and aggression could be vital for our pups in October.