PDA

View Full Version : Bankers and Anchors - Round 19

Eastdog
03-08-2015, 02:36 PM
This is the round 19 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against Port Adelaide is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys that you we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

bulldogtragic
08-08-2015, 04:28 PM
Bank em. Anch em.

bulldogtragic
08-08-2015, 05:53 PM
B:

22 player performance. No passengers anywhere.
Grants set shot goal
Jack in the last

A:

Score review turnover. Disgraceful decision.
Umpires. Average at best.
Giving them a 3 goal start.

bornadog
08-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Bankers

1. The forwards taking turn to kick goals - Stringer and Dickson, then Crameri then Redpath
2. The midfield today, smashed them
3. Matty Boyd, just keeps raking them up.

Anchors

1. Umpiring and confusion
2. Score review - joke of the year
3. Not one of our players.

always right
08-08-2015, 06:58 PM
B
Campbell.....that could be a career launching match. He was huge today.
Wallis.....what a year he's having
Redpath.....great to see the big fella get some reward
Darley and Jong.....slotted in seamlessly.

A
Zero
None
Zilch

Bulldog4life
08-08-2015, 07:08 PM
B
Our overall backline irrespective of who plays in it
Big Jack kicking a career high of 4 goals
Young Hunter getting over 30 touches for the third week in a row
Wally you are officially now a gun

A
Umpires score review system

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
08-08-2015, 07:35 PM
Bankers
Pressure and tackling was awesome
Big Reds last qtr
Our supporters it was party time at the Footscray end today

Anchors
Umpiring was appalling they were too scared to wear their numbers
I've got nothing

LostDoggy
08-08-2015, 07:36 PM
BANKERS
1. Midfield
2. Defenders
3. Forwards

ANCHORS
1. Slow starts
2. Bizarre GRS

Remi Moses
08-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Bankers - team effort. Coaches president , and even the boot stiudder

Anchors- Holding the ball interpretation . Went from non existance , to the ridiculous .! Clearly Umps got a quarter time memo

Eastdog
08-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Bankers:

Whole Team effort

Hunter - really noticed him more today myself than I have. Gee he moves well and is in great form.

Dickson - great game up forward

Crameri - Continuing a good run of form

More mentions to Bonts, Stringer, Wallis, Redpath

Anchors

Umpiring decisions at times - just not consistent enough

F'scary
08-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Bankers: Darley, Talia and Redpath for stepping up today.

Anchors: the size of the crowd - would have hoped for a few thousand more Doggies supporters today. GRS - what a joke, not just Stringer's goal but also the hoo-haa over whether a Port player marked it on the behind line or whether it was a behind to us - waste of time, you couldn't tell from the replay in both instances.

G-Mo77
08-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Bankers:
Backline. Works so well together. New faces stepped in and played great.
Wallis. Already a leader and just keeps getting better
Got to give Redpath one. Slow start but put together his best game. Really happy for him today

Anchors.
Umpiring from ground to the idiots behind the screen with a "better view"
Dickson ruining his streak of goals.
Stringer spoiled part of my day by going of injured. I watched the bench continuously rather than the game. Don't scare me like that!

Go_Dogs
08-08-2015, 09:18 PM
Bankers:
Wallis - fast becoming one of our most reliable, who will win the crucial moment and lift his team when required.
Redpath - got some reward today and kicked straight. Faith being rewarded and another great rags to riches story (one of many) for 2015.
Biggs - a few disposal errors but is going to be a good player for our club and will make the massive losses of Murph and Boyd more palatable when they call it a day.

Anchors:
Stringer being kept on when he seemed hampered.
The above, and his late goal, costing me a bundle on a Redpath most goals bet (placed because he was due).

bulldogtragic
08-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Last two weeks combined against Essendon and Port:

A: Slow first quarter starts
B: 35 goals over the remaining 3 quarters

Go_Dogs
08-08-2015, 09:56 PM
Last two weeks combined against Essendon and Port:

A: Slow first quarter starts
B: 35 goals over the remaining 3 quarters

We can score heavily, and quickly. Man, we're good.

SonofScray
08-08-2015, 10:14 PM
B:

Wallis - in ice hockey goalie parlance he has a a hot hand at the moment. Killing it in the middle.
Bonti - 26 touches, hard work, class, a monolith.
The Path - cashed in. Turned his game around and had an influence.

A:
Umpiring - confusing
Goal Review - disappointing
No Mexican Wrestling demonstration sponsored by Mission at half time for Multicultural Round.

LostDoggy
08-08-2015, 10:18 PM
B:

Wallis - in ice hockey goalie parlance he has a a hot hand at the moment. Killing it in the middle.
Bonti - 26 touches, hard work, class, a monolith.
The Path - cashed in. Turned his game around and had an influence.

A:
Umpiring - confusing
Goal Review - disappointing
No Mexican Wrestling demonstration sponsored by Mission at half time for Multicultural Round.

That would so help get the crowds up. I can just see Libba Snr as Rei Mysterio.

Eastdog
08-08-2015, 10:27 PM
I'd put Macrae as a banker. Liked his contribution today.

ratsmac
08-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Bankers

Campbell - he was determined to play well today and he did. Would still like him to hit the scoreboard though. Solid game.

Biggs - he was always busy in the backline. He was setting up everything. He did make a few skill errors but he has only played a handful of games. He never panics.

Hunter - he is playing some exciting football at the moment. Three 30+ disposal games in a row.

Team defence - our last line has copped it's fair share of injuries yet we have been rock solid. It's the way the whole team is working together as a unit that is working.

Anchors

Score review system - wtf?

Stringers injury scare - hopefully it's just that, a scare.

Happy Days
09-08-2015, 12:07 AM
Bankers

Biggs - I said he couldn't play after the Melbourne game. This is yet another piece of what is becoming a damning amount of evidence that suggests I know nothing about football, which is seriously bad because pretty much all I ever do is talk about football. Sorry Shane, you're good as and you have fantastic hair.

Wallis - His last few weeks have been frankly dominant. I'd love to go to the Mercat with Libba but I'd prefer to go into the trenches with Mitch.

Our ability to hit the scoreboard - we have this (what can only be referred to as a) superpower to kick 5 goals in 5 minutes that just kills teams dead. It's footy in its purest and best form and is going to win us many, many games

Also TC. Smashed Lobbe and sent him into hiding. Good shit Tom.

Anchors

Redpath for the near DOUBLE HOMICIDE on that poor boundary umpire and, perhaps worse, Jake Stringer.

I dunno, Dale? Did nothing for three quarters.

Jay Schulz for using up all of the baby oil and leaving none for anyone else.

boydogs
09-08-2015, 01:43 AM
Bankers

Men of mayhem - taking the game on even when under pressure in the backline to run the ball out and get it to the forwards in space
4 players kicking 3+ goals, all looked dangerous at times
Bontempelli's kicking inside 50

Anchors

Slow start, Port were good but starting 3 goals down can put you on the back foot all day
Keeping Stringer on after he hurt himself, he was clearly reluctant to compete and appeared to make it worse when he kicked his 4th
Umpiring in the first quarter was terrible

strebla
09-08-2015, 01:47 AM
Banker
Team football
Anchor
Hunter twice hitting the hotspot and no forward getting to the space in the third qtr

Mantis
09-08-2015, 07:52 AM
Bankers -

Easton Wood - Not much said of his game, but his start to the 2nd quarter was exceptional and he helped swing the momentum our way.

Bont - Just an exceptional talent who works super hard, his smother in front of the Doggies faithful shows just what a competitor he is.

Mitch Wallis - his improvement is off the charts, just gets it done.

Anchors -

Our first 10 min - We were like Browns cows, set-ups all wrong, showed maturity to steady, but we don't want to be giving head starts against the very best.

Umpiring - Did we have the work experience kids out there? FMD!

Hunter - Not potting him as he played well, but some of his ball use by hand and foot wasn't great.. Just keep it simple.

LostDoggy
09-08-2015, 09:53 AM
Bankers - team effort. Coaches president , and even the boot stiudder

Anchors- Holding the ball interpretation . Went from non existance , to the ridiculous .! Clearly Umps got a quarter time memo
The boot studder always gets the glory.

Bont - Just an exceptional talent who works super hard, his smother in front of the Doggies faithful shows just what a competitor he is.

Received a standing ovation from the crowd for that one. Brilliant.

Bankers:

1. Caleb: 170cm of pure unadulterated mongrel. (Giving him a few extra cms as a reward).
2. Wallis. Both for his game and his new haircut.
3. My daughter for her first game where she's watched it from start to finish and screamed her little guts out. Got some chants going and was just instrumental in that win. ;-)

Anchors:

None. Not today.

SonofScray
09-08-2015, 10:02 AM
Received a standing ovation from the crowd for that one. Brilliant.

Bankers:

1. Caleb: 170cm of pure unadulterated mongrel. (Giving him a few extra cms as a reward).
2. Wallis. Both for his game and his new haircut.
3. My daughter for her first game where she's watched it from start to finish and screamed her little guts out. Got some chants going and was just instrumental in that win. ;-)

Anchors:

None. Not today.

The standing ovation for The Bont was immense. A great reaction from the Faithful which shouldn't be underestimated. Operant conditioning suggests that'll reinforce the behaviour! More diving smothers from our superstar then has a flow on effect through the list, no one is above the hard stuff. Then we'll get more cheers and ovations from the crowd and its a TSUNAMI OF SMOTHERS!

ratsmac
09-08-2015, 11:29 AM
Bankers

Men of mayhem - taking the game on even when under pressure in the backline to run the ball out and get it to the forwards in space
4 players kicking 3+ goals, all looked dangerous at times
Bontempelli's kicking inside 50

Anchors

Slow start, Port were good but starting 3 goals down can put you on the back foot all day
Keeping Stringer on after he hurt himself, he was clearly reluctant to compete and appeared to make it worse when he kicked his 4th
Umpiring in the first quarter was terrible

I'm glad Stringer came back on because I wouldn't have been able to sleep thinking that he might have broken his arm or something like that.

merantau
09-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Just back after 4 months in Lombok so:
Bankers
1. All at the Club for the best Welcome Home present ever!
2. Team effort
3. Scintillating football
Anchors
1. Bizarre Goal Review decision cost Stringggger the seldom achieved feat of kicking 3 goals in five minutes.
2 Crowd was down
3. The weather - bloody cold!!!!!

EasternWest
09-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Just back after 4 months in Lombok so:
Bankers
1. All at the Club for the best Welcome Home present ever!
2. Team effort
3. Scintillating football
Anchors
1. Bizarre Goal Review decision cost Stringggger the seldom achieved feat of kicking 3 goals in five minutes.
2 Crowd was down
3. The weather - bloody cold!!!!!

Welcome home dude.

LostDoggy
09-08-2015, 02:50 PM
the standing ovation for the bont was immense. A great reaction from the faithful which shouldn't be underestimated. Operant conditioning suggests that'll reinforce the behaviour! More diving smothers from our superstar then has a flow on effect through the list, no one is above the hard stuff. Then we'll get more cheers and ovations from the crowd and its a tsunami of smothers!

a tornado of ovations!!

SonofScray
09-08-2015, 03:05 PM
a tornado of ovations!!

A hurricane of huzzahs!

LostDoggy
09-08-2015, 06:51 PM
An earthquake of emotions!

boydogs
09-08-2015, 08:25 PM
I'm glad Stringer came back on because I wouldn't have been able to sleep thinking that he might have broken his arm or something like that.

Yeah I was relieved too :) but he might have actually done it after they brought him back on

Not sure what was wrong or how bad but he was definitely standing off the contest after that

LostDoggy
11-08-2015, 10:52 PM
The standing ovation for The Bont was immense. A great reaction from the Faithful which shouldn't be underestimated. Operant conditioning suggests that'll reinforce the behaviour! More diving smothers from our superstar then has a flow on effect through the list, no one is above the hard stuff. Then we'll get more cheers and ovations from the crowd and its a TSUNAMI OF SMOTHERS!

http://woof-images.s3.amazonaws.com/tsunami-of-smothers.jpg