PDA

View Full Version : Three Things I've Learned - Round 20 Edition

Eastdog
15-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Once the Round 20 match against Melbourne is completed, let us know the three things you learned after watching the match.

Be constructive but be honest.

bulldogtragic
16-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Bump.

bulldogtragic
16-08-2015, 07:10 PM
1. This is the first time in our history we've ever won 3 in a row by over 60 points! Record.
2. When Tom Boyd gets to a good level, we will score even more and we are already scoring a shite load!
3. I'm so excited for the now. But Smith, Stevens, Hrovat, Honey, Webb, Magic, JJ, Roughy, Libba, a first rounder or big trade, a good free agent. Maybe I should bet the farm on a big result next year while the odds are good??!

Remi Moses
16-08-2015, 07:41 PM
3) the work rate was just outstanding for 3 terms( need to learn to go from 5th to 2nd)
2) Roos is an overpaid Teflon man
1) great to get an even goal spread

PedroArvy
16-08-2015, 08:03 PM
1. Although visually impressive, I'd expect this for a top 4 team against Melbourne at this stage of the year. They have little left to play for.
2. The 3rd quarter is a concern and would destroy us against the real contenders.
3. Next week is the real test.

Ghost Dog
16-08-2015, 08:45 PM
1. Watched the Eagles today.They will challenge us and have few passengers. Except Josh Hill! loves to kick easy goals.
2. Melbourne are worse than I thought.
3. Most genuine top four teams would have had the same result as us against Melbourne. Great we pummeled them.

westbulldog
16-08-2015, 08:51 PM
1. If we repeat today's first half intensity and skill we can challenge anyone.
2. If we play as we did in the third quarter next week we will lose by 10 goals.
3. Darley competes well but lacks foot skills.

Mantis
16-08-2015, 08:53 PM
2. The 3rd quarter is a concern and would destroy us against the real contenders.

The other 3 quarters don't count?

To expect any team to play perfect footy for 120 minutes is bordering on crazy.. We played poorly for 15min, but the rest was of a very high standard.

ReLoad
16-08-2015, 08:55 PM
1. I want to have Jake Stringers baby.
2. We are fearless, these finals are a free hit and that makes us dangerous, expectations are nil.
3. In 18 months our footy team will resemble a 2008 Geelong. Holy batshit we will be massive.

westdog54
16-08-2015, 09:05 PM
1. Boyd can jump. Boy oh boy can he jump.
2. Jack Viney and Jesse Hogan are bloody good young footballers.
3. We'll be even better when JJ returns.

SlimPickens
16-08-2015, 09:19 PM
1. Tom Campbell is our number one ruckman
2. The impact our players can have with few possessions is outstanding (Bont, Dickson, Stringer etc)
3. Dahl is elite.

comrade
16-08-2015, 10:14 PM
3. In 18 months our footy team will resemble a 1998 Geelong. Holy batshit we will be massive.

Is that good?

ReLoad
16-08-2015, 10:41 PM
Is that good?
Yeah 2008, too much booze after the footy :) yeeeeaaaaaah :)

LostDoggy
16-08-2015, 10:54 PM
1. Talia struggles one on one and needs another summer in the gym. Which gym is the question.
2. You know you're a Bulldog fan when you are 10 goals up and nervous.
3. Jongy in a forward 50 stoppage is the man to watch.

LostDoggy
16-08-2015, 11:15 PM
1. After the last couple, we have put the slow start blues behind us.
2. I'd forgotten how enjoyable it is to be supporting a Top 4 team late in the season, and you get a few tired, beat up opponents in a row.
3. The rapid improvement we have shown in the last month is real and sustainable. We are so ready for a serious challenge now - next week tells us whether this has been just a great development year, or something much more.

The Bulldogs Bite
16-08-2015, 11:53 PM
1. Much is made of our attacking weapons, but our defense is terrific albeit undermanned. Going to be difficult to juggle the likes of Roughy and Roberts - can both play? Tough for the MC.

2. Tom Campbell is improving weekly and reaffirmed to me today that we don't necessarily need Martin. Should focus on bolstering other areas IMO.

3. Biggs has become an important player, particularly as we've been without Murph/JJ for the last couple of weeks. He's developing very well, looks really comfortable and his defensive game is quite good - much better than I thought.

Ozza
17-08-2015, 03:19 PM
The other 3 quarters don't count?

To expect any team to play perfect footy for 120 minutes is bordering on crazy.. We played poorly for 15min, but the rest was of a very high standard.

This isn't directed at anyone on here whatsoever, but,

it drives me absolutely batty when we've been scintillating for the rest of the game, and as soon as the game wasn't on our terms, everyone around me (Bulldogs supporters) are screaming about us overusing the ball, playing on, sometimes going backwards or sideways etc etc - which everyone was perfectly happy with in the first two quarters.

I nearly had to remove myself from the area. I swear that people would rather go to the footy and bag players and the way we are playing - than enjoy being 10 goals in front. I guess all supporters are more or less the same - but we certainly have a huge contingent that would prefer to focus on the negatives. I'm not sure what one gets out of sitting at the footy screaming "just kick it", "Go forward" etc.

Mofra
17-08-2015, 03:25 PM
1. A young team with 6 rookies and a bunch of later picks can still flog a team with many first rounders
2. We have a core group that can deliver us long term success. No need to downgrade picks, a couple more A graders and we're set
3. Not convinced by Darley; completely convinced by Biggs

Smads57
17-08-2015, 04:43 PM
1. I think I have identified someone who may be delisted at year's end (Darley - not good enough under pressure)
2. I don't think Dahlhaus can work any harder around a contest than what he did on Sunday
3. Campbell improving a little bit each week in terms of his total contribution (needs to hit the scoreboard next)

merantau
17-08-2015, 05:37 PM
1. We are playing total team defence.
2. Our ball handling against Melbourne was as good as I've seen from a Bulldog team.
3. J. Grant is re-paying the faith shown in him.