PDA

View Full Version : 2015: The Most Unproductive Year Ever

comrade
18-08-2015, 07:44 PM
Is anyone else in the same boat?

Checking WOOF through out the day...

Watching the replay multiple times during the week...

Spending your nights online trying to satisfy your appetite for all things Bulldogs...

I can't get a bloody thing done this season. Honestly, the part of me that actually enjoys achieving things will be happy when its all over.

How can I get through the rest of the season and still have a job/family?

Scraggers
18-08-2015, 07:56 PM
After the season has finished I might take the time to get to know my family a bit better ... they seem like nice people.

Doc26
18-08-2015, 08:04 PM

Spending your nights online trying to satisfy your appetite for all things Bulldogs...

I can't get a bloody thing done this season. Honestly, the part of me that actually enjoys achieving things will be happy when its all over.

You're spot on Comrade.

It's bordering on the ridiculous how many times I'm finding myself refreshing the afl sports pages this season or watching/recording every afl show with the off chance we get a decent run.

Problem is that it won't stop with the season ending as all focus just shifts to the trade period and national draft where listening to constant reruns of Trade Radio takes over.

josie
18-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Yep - on Woof, Official Dogs and Big Footy Dogs websites every night.

I've also loved watching the VFL side play at WO so there's another half a day of every second weekend gone. What a great move by the club to have out own VFL side - no doubt one of the reasons, apart from Bevo, Murph & Gordon, for our rise this year.

Dear Moderators - not sure where to post this link so if you think it belongs somewhere else please alter. This is amazing analysis of our rise in difficult circumstances (plastic team poaching best talent when we were struggling etc.).

So, fellow Woofers, enjoy wasting another 5 mins on the Dogs as you too read this article !!

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/against-the-odds-greatest-list-build-in-afl-history.1108097/

bulldogtragic
18-08-2015, 08:11 PM
Jobs come and go. To paraphrase Bob Hawke, if they don't cut you some slack they're a bum - and therefore not worthy of your labour.

How good is this problem? Last year the Mrs might say 'so you're watching the game later today?' . I needed a millisecond to consider the alternatives: Weeding, mowing, visiting Guantanamo bay or a North Korean prison camp or watching the Macca era Bulldogs...

This year I'm averaging 4 or 5 relays each week, plus some games like Sydney. But because the Ashes has been a non event it's bearable with getting sleep. If we keep this momentum going I think sleep won't happen easily due to pure excitement. Thank god for WOOF!!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-08-2015, 08:19 PM
My wife is due to give birth in late-ish September and I'm whilst I'm looking forward to the arrival of our baby girl, I'd be lying if I said I was hoping her birth does not coincide with a Bulldogs final!

ReLoad
18-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Jeez we need somebody to do the heavy lifting.......

comrade
18-08-2015, 08:21 PM
My wife is due to give birth in late-ish September and I'm whilst I'm looking forward to the arrival of our baby girl, I'd be lying if I said I was hoping her birth does not coincide with a Bulldogs final!

Is it your first child?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-08-2015, 08:23 PM
Is it your first child?
No, our second.............and last!

F'scary
18-08-2015, 08:40 PM
Shocktober did something to me. It turned me from being a solid enough supporter into something of an addict bordering on a fanatic.

azabob
18-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Not been so much unproductive but I'm finding I am following pretty much the same routine on game day.

On the way into the game on the train I listen to Ryan Adams latest record - lazily titled Ryan Adams.

On the way out of the ground after a win I keep the same album playing but only play track one - titled Gimme Something Good on repeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Cc34KVQUM

And here is an acoustic rendition of the same song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvDMQWIw7YM

Come on dogs keep giving me something good.

Twodogs
18-08-2015, 09:09 PM
I found out that I can watch Als videos on my phone today. I don't know whether to be happy or annoyed.

Ghost Dog
18-08-2015, 09:13 PM
I find myself day dreaming about certain plays, replaying them in my head. Am I mad?

Sedat
18-08-2015, 09:24 PM

Reckon 2008 and 2009 has this year covered. I can remember doing detailed match previews akin to what Kingy does on the lab on Fox Footy....and not getting paid for them :D

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
18-08-2015, 09:38 PM
It's amazing how interesting all of the footy has been this year. Some years I hide out with a pillow over my head until October.

comrade
18-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Reckon 2008 and 2009 has this year covered. I can remember doing detailed match previews akin to what Kingy does on the lab on Fox Footy....and not getting paid for them :D

Haha...too true.

Willy 2s, Willy seniors - each weekend without fail back then. And then I'd come home and do a player by player review for you fellow addicts! Always with a positive slant on Jarrad Boumann's game :)

Those were the days. How am I still with the same woman?

bornadog
18-08-2015, 10:23 PM
Me too Comrade. I have a small business and run it from home and find each day, week, I am doing less and less. I need new clients but I am not putting enough effort into marketing. I better do something this week or I won't be eating soon.

Hang on I will just check the Club website and get back with more. :D

Twodogs
18-08-2015, 10:23 PM
Haha...too true.

Willy 2s, Willy seniors - each weekend without fail back then. And then I'd come home and do a player by player review for you fellow addicts! Always with a positive slant on Jarrad Boumann's game :)

Those were the days. How am I still with the same woman?

I'm not! :p

comrade
18-08-2015, 10:42 PM
Me too Comrade. I have a small business and run it from home and find each day, week, I am doing less and less. I need new clients but I am not putting enough effort into marketing. I better do something this week or I won't be eating soon.

Hang on I will just check the Club website and get back with more. :D

With 22,000+ posts and counting, I thought posting here WAS your job!

:p

bornadog
18-08-2015, 10:46 PM
With 22,000+ posts and counting, I thought posting here WAS your job!

:p

Ha ha.

That is 22,000 over 10 years or 36500 days which means about 6 per day. :D

LostDoggy
18-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Maybe this is everyone's most productive year ever. Just depends on your definition of productivity.

SonofScray
18-08-2015, 11:12 PM
I feel funny about this year. I've managed to break it down into a week by week prospect, because I never expected us to be where we are in a lot of respects. I was happy to savour the small steps. But about 4 games in I realised we were going to win the flag and I haven't been able to invest as much into each week as I need to save my energy for Grand Final day.

LostDoggy
19-08-2015, 07:54 AM

May little Jake Bontempelli be the apple of her dad's eye.

Go_Dogs
19-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Good thread.

I'd like to think I've remained fairly productive...but it definitely helps the morning and evening PT rides and means a lot of post dinner time is spent on the laptop. It's pretty unrelenting though. The draft comes next and I'm equally obsessed with that. Really, there's now only a few months of the year where football isn't all consuming.

I've got to say I'm enjoying this year the most, given I'm Melbourne based now and it's the first good year we've had since I've been here.

Ozza
19-08-2015, 12:55 PM
Can certainly relate Comrade.

I've found that Audioboom, and Al's Highlight video's (whoever Al is - he is a legend) - is getting me a good condensed 'hit' of bulldogs each and every day for the walk & train rides to and from work. Definitely maximising my downtime with all things bulldogs.

Twodogs
19-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Can certainly relate Comrade.

I've found that Audioboom, and Al's Highlight video's (whoever Al is - he is a legend) - is getting me a good condensed 'hit' of bulldogs each and every day for the walk & train rides to and from work. Definitely maximising my downtime with all things bulldogs.

I've never met Al but Al is my favourite person in the world.

Ozza
19-08-2015, 01:03 PM
I've never met Al but Al is my favourite person in the world.

Its good to know that if & when you miss the snippets of bulldog segments on any of the array of footy shows - that AL is looking after you!

The club app is terrific also.

craigsahibee
19-08-2015, 01:32 PM
I'm not! :p

Same here. But found a new one in late March which coincided with the start of the 2015 season. Pleased to say that both of my relationships are just magnificent :D. Who says 2015 has been unproductive

Twodogs
19-08-2015, 01:40 PM
Same here. But found a new one in late March which coincided with the start of the 2015 season. Pleased to say that both of my relationships are just magnificent :D. Who says 2015 has been unproductive

I'm not that fussed ATM. I have two kids to look after, they get all the love I have to give. Them and the footy club that is.

1eyedog
19-08-2015, 01:49 PM
There's no question my year has taken a downward spiral in terms of work productivity. I work on the computer and most days now my wife takes our mobile broadband in her bag when she goes out, that's how bad I am getting. Did anyone else watch the Biggs goal 15 times straight and get excited for him each time?

One thing of benefit, aside from our performances, is that I've been able to develop a football bond with my 7 year old son, which is nice because my Dad grew one with me and I remember it fondly. My son has high functioning autism, has a quirky personality and didn't really like footy before this year so this was the first year I've bought him a reserved seat and he has come along to most home matches. The only way to get him there at first was the promise of those horrible chicken strips at the ground followed by the chocololate of his choice. He'd watch about a quarter and a half and that was it. Now he has a flag, asks when the next home game is and watches pretty much the entire game. My son at times can be a challenge to connect to unless he is interested in whatever we are doing so the Bulldogs have definitely provided a conduit which has drawn us even closer.

Templeton31
19-08-2015, 02:08 PM
I can relate Comrade. I actually found myself thinking yesterday that it wouldn't be too bad if we lost to West Coast coz at least next week I'd get some things done and talk to my wife!!!!!

craigsahibee
19-08-2015, 02:35 PM
There's no question my year has taken a downward spiral in terms of work productivity. I work on the computer and most days now my wife takes our mobile broadband in her bag when she goes out, that's how bad I am getting. Did anyone else watch the Biggs goal 15 times straight and get excited for him each time?

One thing of benefit, aside from our performances, is that I've been able to develop a football bond with my 7 year old son, which is nice because my Dad grew one with me and I remember it fondly. My son has high functioning autism, has a quirky personality and didn't really like footy before this year so this was the first year I've bought him a reserved seat and he has come along to most home matches. The only way to get him there at first was the promise of those horrible chicken strips at the ground followed by the chocololate of his choice. He'd watch about a quarter and a half and that was it. Now he has a flag, asks when the next home game is and watches pretty much the entire game. My son at times can be a challenge to connect to unless he is interested in whatever we are doing so the Bulldogs have definitely provided a conduit which has drawn us even closer.

That's fantastic. My 13 year old son has autism and has never really shown any interest in sport other than motor sport. This year however he has requested that the foxtel box be on "sport" whenever he comes over to my place. I managed to get him along to the Carlton game this year, as the option of going to the footy was better than staying home and have Nanna look after him. "I don't want to see Nanna" were his exact words. I half expected to be back in the car half way into the 2nd quarter that night, but we did manage to make it through to the 15 minute mark of the last before he had enough. As we were leaving I asked him if he had fun. He replied "yes". I then asked him if he wanted to go again and he said "No. I don't want to go to the footy again". I'll keep working on him for next year.

1eyedog
19-08-2015, 02:41 PM
That's fantastic. My 13 year old son has autism and has never really shown any interest in sport other than motor sport. This year however he has requested that the foxtel box be on "sport" whenever he comes over to my place. I managed to get him along to the Carlton game this year, as the option of going to the footy was better than staying home and have Nanna look after him. "I don't want to see Nanna" were his exact words. I half expected to be back in the car half way into the 2nd quarter that night, but we did manage to make it through to the 15 minute mark of the last before he had enough. As we were leaving I asked him if he had fun. He replied "yes". I then asked him if he wanted to go again and he said "No. I don't want to go to the footy again". I'll keep working on him for next year.

Yeah I think the issue early on at our end was the wide open space of the stadium and of course the noise. It's a challenging environement for kids who have different sensory requirements. It's just something my son can now do which is great for both of us (and my wife who gets a break!).

Twodogs
19-08-2015, 04:02 PM

That's brilliant, I was having a shit of a day today but reading that has cheered me up no end.

Twodogs
19-08-2015, 04:10 PM

Fantastic. Not long after my ex and I split my kids came over to stay the weekend when I had access every second weekend (they live with me full time now) me and my dad went to the footy and much to our suprise my daughter put her hand up to come as well. When we had sat down I said to her "I didn't know that you liked football, I'm really glad you came" she said "I hate footy, I love spending time with you though" I don't think I went to the football for 12 months after that.;) Spent a lot of time doing girly stuff!

The Pie Man
19-08-2015, 04:38 PM
The last 6 weeks of 09 (rounds 20-22 & finals) has this covered for how obsessive I got - actually believed leading into the QF on the Saturday, and still saw a potential fairytale even after that.

This year has been way more fun though - similar to 06, except of course we'll likely make the 8 this time.

bornadog
19-08-2015, 05:20 PM
I don't think I went to the football for 12 months after that.;) Spent a lot of time doing girly stuff!

Is that why you grew your hair. :D

Twodogs
19-08-2015, 05:37 PM
Is that why you grew your hair. :D

Nope. It was when I died it pink.

Mantis
19-08-2015, 05:53 PM
The last 6 weeks of 09 (rounds 20-22 & finals) has this covered for how obsessive I got - actually believed leading into the QF on the Saturday, and still saw a potential fairytale even after that.

This year has been way more fun though - similar to 06, except of course we'll likely make the 8 this time.

Yep 09 had me hooked in, it still shits me how we lost that PF to St.Kilda.. I was also into 2010 too until we got smacked around the head by Geelong late that year ( the OP should remember that one well)

It's been a great ride this year, where it stops is the million dollar question, but it's good to be wanting to go and watch your team play and talk about them.. Which hasn't been the case over the past 3 or 4 years.

Smads57
19-08-2015, 06:01 PM
I like this thread.

I was beginning to think I had come down with some obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Reading thru everyone else's comments, I am pleased to report I am simply a success starved Bulldog's supporter who is 'daring to dream'.

Twodogs
19-08-2015, 06:30 PM
It's cool Smads. You're as normal as the rest of us.;)

Eastdog
19-08-2015, 06:34 PM
The record number of posters online on woof will be broken when we win the PF and GF.

1eyedog
19-08-2015, 06:41 PM
I like this thread.

I was beginning to think I had come down with some obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Reading thru everyone else's comments, I am pleased to report I am simply a success starved Bulldog's supporter who is 'daring to dream'.

Can you imagine how this board will rock on Grand Final week if we're playing?

KT31
19-08-2015, 07:34 PM

It would go into meltdown, hopefully the IT department have got the system upgraded enough to handle it.:)

Twodogs
19-08-2015, 07:46 PM
IT department? We have an IT department?

Hopefully it's a funny one like in the IT Crowd. :)

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
19-08-2015, 09:20 PM
You've broken the Internet

1eyedog
19-08-2015, 09:37 PM

We smacked the Pies in the 06 EF.

Ozza
19-08-2015, 09:57 PM

Due respect to WOOF....but if we made the GF, I wouldn't be logged in between the Friday night and 1-2 weeks later.

Twodogs
19-08-2015, 10:08 PM
Due respect to WOOF....but if we made the GF, I wouldn't be logged in between the Friday night and 1-2 weeks later.

Even the hamster on the little wheel powering the mainframe gets GF day off.

boydogs
19-08-2015, 11:11 PM
If we beat West Coast, GVG's going to need a new server

1eyedog
19-08-2015, 11:12 PM
If we beat West Coast, GVG's going to need a new server

Or a heap more hampsters.

Twodogs
19-08-2015, 11:49 PM
And some more of those circle things they run around in.

Sedat
20-08-2015, 12:25 AM
Yep 09 had me hooked in, it still shits me how we lost that PF to St.Kilda.. I was also into 2010 too until we got smacked around the head by Geelong late that year ( the OP should remember that one well)

It's been a great ride this year, where it stops is the million dollar question, but it's good to be wanting to go and watch your team play and talk about them.. Which hasn't been the case over the past 3 or 4 years.
2008 got me hooked as well, especially coming from bottom 4 the year before. We got to something like 13-1-1 at one stage and Cooney's unbelievable form was worth the price of admission alone - he was the most watchable player in the competition in that year.

LostDoggy
20-08-2015, 12:56 AM
Although a non finals year, I'd almost rate 1990 my favourite year.

At the end of 1989 we were utterly broke, our coach fled to a big(ger) money offer, and for a period we had been officially deregistered as a club in the VFL.

The offseason was even worse than 2014/15.

We appointed assistant coach Terry Wheeler with little expectation, but he took us from 13th of 14 (6 wins/16 losses) to 7th (12/10).

The crowds were way up that year in numbers and passion. At a close 3/4 time break, on at least 2 occasions, Wheels would get the playing group to look towards the crowd and whip the joint into a frenzy.

As another thread recently remembered, we had the famous Kolynuik (eventual premiers) Pies win that year and a skinny debutante from Daylesford became the youngest player ever to kick 50 goals in a season (record still stands).

A lot of that year is similar to this, from the horribly low expectations of the nightmare offseason to the tremendously enjoyable coaching of the new young ex-player coach and the number of youngsters who over delivered.

I've often thought of that year in recent months, and 1985, 1992, 1997 and 2008.

No matter what, this year will be comparable to those. Daring to dream it may just end up greater than all of them.

w3design
20-08-2015, 01:12 AM
I like this thread.

I don't post much but I do read Unleashed regularly, and I'm loving this thread too. Unusually for me at work, I'm constantly checking AFL and Bulldogs app on my phone looking for any new media snippets related to 1) The Dogs 2) Their performance last game 3) Their next opponent.
If there are no new stories I just read the same ones again.....and again.
Can't wait for Sunday.
By the way, wonder if RG 16 has any regrets?
I felt a bit sad seeing Brendan Mc at the game last week. I wish him well.

bornadog
20-08-2015, 09:36 AM

At the end of 1989 we were utterly broke, our coach fled to a big(ger) money offer, and for a period we had been officially deregistered as a club in the VFL.

We appointed assistant coach Terry Wheeler with little expectation, but he took us from 13th of 14 (6 wins/16 losses) to 7th (12/10).

The crowds were way up that year in numbers and passion. At a close 3/4 time break, on at least 2 occasions, Wheels would get the playing group to look towards the crowd and whip the joint into a frenzy.

As another thread recently remembered, we had the famous Kolynuik (eventual premiers) Pies win that year and a skinny debutante from Daylesford became the youngest player ever to kick 50 goals in a season (record still stands).

A lot of that year is similar to this, from the horribly low expectations of the nightmare offseason to the tremendously enjoyable coaching of the new young ex-player coach and the number of youngsters who over delivered.

I've often thought of that year in recent months, and 1985, 1992, 1997 and 2008.

No matter what, this year will be comparable to those. Daring to dream it may just end up greater than all of them.

and Libba won the Brownlow

always right
20-08-2015, 10:30 AM
I don't post much but I do read Unleashed regularly, and I'm loving this thread too. Unusually for me at work, I'm constantly checking AFL and Bulldogs app on my phone looking for any new media snippets related to 1) The Dogs 2) Their performance last game 3) Their next opponent.
If there are no new stories I just read the same ones again.....and again.
Can't wait for Sunday.
By the way, wonder if RG 16 has any regrets?
I felt a bit sad seeing Brendan Mc at the game last week. I wish him well.

Don't be sad. He ended up one of the few people without a VFL/AFL playing background who scored a senior coaching gig relatively late in life. When that didn't end as he would have hoped, he walked straight into an assistant coaching position at another AFL club. Feel sad that the club he is at is Melbourne but otherwise unlike many employees he has had a soft landing after being essentially retrenched.

Murphy'sLore
20-08-2015, 12:00 PM
It's about time Lantern jumped back on board, isn't it?

bornadog
20-08-2015, 12:35 PM
It's about time Lantern jumped back on board, isn't it?

Yeah, where the hell is he.

Twodogs
20-08-2015, 01:39 PM

I remember reading in the paper that Tony MacGuiness was thinking of going back to Adelaide to play with the newly formed Crows. The article said "but why would anyone want to leave Footscray after their near death experience produced such a stunning reversal of form last year" Tony was a Crow not long after.

The Pie Man
20-08-2015, 01:47 PM
We smacked the Pies in the 06 EF.

Now THAT was fun

Sorry - I meant 05. Blurred a touch over the past 10 years (geez, 10 years...)

Twodogs
20-08-2015, 02:54 PM
My God. Ten years?

Wow.

bornadog
20-08-2015, 05:07 PM
My God. Ten years?

Wow.

ok, nine. :)

Twodogs
20-08-2015, 05:09 PM
ok, nine. :)

2006-2015 is a decade. Technically that's ten years.

bornadog
20-08-2015, 05:18 PM
2006-2015 is a decade. Technically that's ten years.

I was trying to make you feel better :D

Twodogs
20-08-2015, 05:29 PM
I was trying to make you feel better :D

Meh! I've got a cold, I feel lousy anyway.

Bulldog4life
20-08-2015, 07:07 PM
Meh! I've got a cold, I feel lousy anyway.

A nice hot toddy should do the trick TD,

Twodogs
20-08-2015, 07:16 PM
A nice hot toddy should do the trick TD,

Lemsip with extra honey maybe. :D

LostDoggy
20-08-2015, 09:30 PM
Even the hamster on the little wheel powering the mainframe gets GF day off.

And if the mainframe doesn't like it, it can simply pay the penalty rates.

The Pie Man
03-09-2015, 12:32 AM
Bump

Since the win over North, it's taken over. I'm completely obsessed now.

Murphy'sLore
03-09-2015, 08:39 AM
I'm flat out just trying to keep up with WOOF, let alone everything else...

bornadog
03-09-2015, 10:14 AM
I'm flat out just trying to keep up with WOOF, let alone everything else...

Me too, so much stuff to read. A great year and some great wins, but I wish it was still round 11 so I can enjoy the next 11 again. :D

Dancin' Douggy
03-09-2015, 11:02 AM
I'm devouring everything I can. Every time I turn on SEN, I can't understand why they're not talking about Jake Stringer. I mean I'm actually genuinely confused.

Rocket Science
03-09-2015, 11:16 AM
My partner of three and a half years - who has zero interest in the game, bless her - wondered out loud a few weeks back where I'd been 'hiding' this 'sudden' interest in football?

Jeez. Where do I start?

Rocket Science
03-09-2015, 11:21 AM
I'm devouring everything I can. Every time I turn on SEN, I can't understand why they're not talking about Jake Stringer. I mean I'm actually genuinely confused.

You know you've got it bad when you'll endure the tedious, ad-riddled slop SEN dishes up just to keep abreast of things.

Hard yards.

LostDoggy
03-09-2015, 12:21 PM
Remember the pre internet age of being thankful for a paragraph or 2 in the hun or Age once every couple of days and chatting with your mates, many of whom only held a vague interest.

If you couldn't get to a match, tv coverage was almost certainly next to zero, other than the few brief plays you happened to catch on sat night replay or world of sport and then never seen again. Back in the 70s and 80s, often we weren't even on the radio and you'd listen to other games just to get the odd score update.

How did we get through the week?

Bulldog4life
03-09-2015, 12:25 PM
Remember the pre internet age of being thankful for a paragraph or 2 in the hun or Age once every couple of days and chatting with your mates, many of whom only held a vague interest.

If you couldn't get to a match, tv coverage was almost certainly next to zero, other than the few brief plays you happened to catch on sat night replay or world of sport and then never seen again. Back in the 70s and 80s, often we weren't even on the radio and you'd listen to other games just to get the odd score update.

Yes and then there were the days the match was broadcast on 3uz. With races happening every couple of minutes in between a little bit of footy.

Twodogs
03-09-2015, 12:25 PM

Waiting for The Mail or The Advertiser to be delivered on Wednesday evenings just so you could read the match report from Ron Jamieson. Very often it was the only media about Footscray for the whole week.

Bulldog4life
03-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Getting to the newsagent after the match on a Saturday to pick up a copy of the pink paper The Sporting Globe to read about who was in the best players.

LostDoggy
03-09-2015, 12:55 PM
Yes and then there were the days the match was broadcast on 3uz. With races happening every couple of minutes in between a little bit of footy.

I almost mentioned those too.

Beasley lines up for the Bulldogs to claim the lead late in the last quarter. It's close....We'll just leave it there, they're at the barriers at Manangatang....

Twodogs
03-09-2015, 01:04 PM

I almost mentioned those too.

Beasley lines up for the Bulldogs to claim the lead late in the last quarter. It's close....We'll just leave it there, they're at the barriers at Manangatang....

"He Has a shot it's a Correct weight in the sixth at Warnambool, correct weight, that's 1, 2 and 16, a buck twenty, the Quaddie paying 2 and a half grand. That's correct weight at Warnambool back to the footy well that's all from The Western Oval, an extrordinary finish here at Western Oval, unbelievable scenes niw back to the studio." They've jumped at Moonee Valley

LostDoggy
03-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Waiting for The Mail or The Advertiser to be delivered on Wednesday evenings just so you could read the match report from Ron Jamieson. Very often it was the only media about Footscray for the whole week.

Now I'm in a real time warp. I spent my teenage years in the 80s playing juniors in the FDL, you'd spend Wednesday night ploughing through the FDL results seeing who got in the best players for the various teams (almost never me), updating yourself with all the results and ladder movements, and then pour over every word of the Doggies VFL report.

Twodogs
03-09-2015, 02:22 PM
you got your name in the paper if you kicked a goal too.

Twodogs
03-09-2015, 02:25 PM
The local papers were pretty good though. If we won they'd have literally 3 or 4 pages of stories about it.

comrade
13-09-2015, 03:29 AM
Well, now I can get some work done.....

Until trade week.