PDA

View Full Version : Michael Talia

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

GVGjr
02-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Damn shame it has come to that. We might win them back in time but their frustration should also include Kyle Cheney who left the brothers hanging out to dry with his supposedly joke of a comment.

comrade
02-12-2015, 07:55 PM
So many holes in Gran's story.

"Slow as a wet week" is not a sledge that one Gen Y brother would sling at another.

And apparently the sister overheard everything, yet it's text messages that were deleted....

Me thinks Granny has been fed some rubbish

Greystache
02-12-2015, 10:43 PM
So many holes in Gran's story.

"Slow as a wet week" is not a sledge that one Gen Y brother would sling at another.

And apparently the sister overheard everything, yet it's text messages that were deleted....

Me thinks Granny has been fed some rubbish

Is their sister Tania Hird? Maybe she was listening and taking notes :D

The Bulldogs Bite
02-12-2015, 10:45 PM
Michael who?

Couldn't care less about the Talias. Let's move on.

bulldogtragic
02-12-2015, 10:47 PM
Is their sister Tania Hird? Maybe she was listening and taking notes :D

Move a letter, on each line and maybe!

Tania Hird...
Tania Herd...
Tania Heard...
Talia Heard...

BornInDroopSt'54
03-12-2015, 03:46 PM
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/talia-brothers-investigation-crows-back-in-defender-kyle-cheney/story-fnia3xzy-1227630594630
DEFIANT Adelaide maintains embattled defender Kyle Cheney has no case to answer as the Talia brothers controversy reignites.

Collingwood supremo Eddie McGuire believes Cheney was a scapegoat “thrown under a bus” in a 63-day investigation into the potential leaking of sensitive information ahead of Adelaide’s elimination final against Western Bulldogs.

McGuire believes lost text messages from Daniel Talia could emphatically clear Cheney of any wrongdoing.

“We read about metadata every day because everything you have is kept. It’s all there and that will clear it up once and for all,” said McGuire on Triple M. “He’s (Cheney) been thrown under the bus.”

The Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation is considering a private probe into any alleged leaking of the Bulldogs’ game blueprint before its elimination final with Adelaide.

The Crows maintain there has been no contact from the gambling authority or other party.

“The AFL has conducted a thorough investigation and handed down its findings last week,” a Crows spokesman told The Advertiser.

“The club has received no correspondence since the AFL completed its investigation.”

The AFL has issued a formal warning to heart and soul backman Cheney for his conduct in the incident. Hawthorn recruit Cheney won’t be required to publicly explain his actions despite renewed interest in the issue.

Cheney was found by the AFL to have shared an “inappropriate joke” with former Hawthorn teammate Ben Stratton on the September 12 morning of the elimination final.

It’s understood a hefty $5 million was bet on Adelaide’s seven-point elimination final triumph which made any team information exchange a serious matter for the AFL.

Former Bulldog Michael Talia was last Wednesday cleared of sharing game-sensitive information with his brother and Crows defender Daniel ahead of the second elimination final between Adelaide and Western Bulldogs.

The Talia family remains troubled that Michael was offloaded from the Western Bulldogs to Sydney at the height of the AFL investigation.

Adelaide faces another summer of suspense — presenting the first dark clouds of coach Don Pyke’s reign.

Ghosts of the Kurt Tippett 2012-13 salary cap controversy still lurk at West Lakes and Adelaide will want to avoid another damaging pre-season saga.

Adelaide insists the AFL’s investigation “emphatically clear defender Daniel Talia and the club of any wrongdoing.”

bornadog
03-12-2015, 03:57 PM
The Talia family remains troubled that Michael was offloaded from the Western Bulldogs to Sydney at the height of the AFL investigation.

Really :eek: :rolleyes:

Rocco Jones
03-12-2015, 05:08 PM
Story so far:
- M Talia loses his phone post allegations
- D Talia deletes texts in question
- Cheney says it was all a joke right at the end of investigations
- Mummy and Nan Talia back sons/grandsons based on what they have been told by them

Seriously Gareth Keenan investigates had more credibility than the AFL.

BornInDroopSt'54
03-12-2015, 05:16 PM
Really :eek: :rolleyes:

As if we need them to make our own decisions. This statement can serve to make it seem we have done something untoward, improper. We obviously were sure of our sources and the situation. As if we would sack a playing member one of the prime Bulldog families without proper consideration. Whereas the AFL have reason to cover up what was alleged to have happened.
The AFL is casting aspersion on our conduct in the name of their coverup, a new low.

azabob
03-12-2015, 09:12 PM
Story so far:
- Mummy and Nan Talia back sons/grandsons based on what they have been told by them

Shit Rocco, you've posted some amusing stuff in the past, but this takes the cake. Very very funny.

jeemak
03-12-2015, 10:50 PM
Oh Aza, you dry dog....... ;)

Dancin' Douggy
04-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Story so far:

It's primary school standard excuses..............but they suit the AFL.

LostDoggy
04-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Similar situation with the Melbourne tanking issue (although that was much bigger). The AFL finding Melbourne guilty of tanking would have had disastrous ramifications for both themselves and the MFC. Instead they found Melbourne not guilty and fined them instead.
And then paid their fine.

Sorry it ended this way for members of the Talia family, however, that someone who was a fan has ended up in this scenario because they've absolutely sold us up the creek and betrayed our community just makes it all the more dastardly.
In the Bible, (which suddenly has more credibility than the AFL) Judas was a disciple of Christ before he sold him out. I respect Harvey Stevens as a premiership player, but what makes the Talias think they're above the club? From what I've heard for the last few years, the animosity was there long before we played the Crows.

I unfortunately have little faith in seeing real justice done. I guess I'll have to settle for the vision in my mind of Sydney's opposition analysis meeting the week they're playing Adelaide. The furtive glances of teammates in Michael's direction is more punishment Han anything the AFL could dish out.

bulldogtragic
04-12-2015, 06:56 PM
All I really care about is that our remaining players know the real truth and ergo why the club reported it. They do.

Twodogs
04-12-2015, 07:16 PM
All I really care about is that our remaining players know the real truth and ergo why the club reported it. They do.

Precisely. The inconvenient aspect of the truth is it escapes. It eventually rises above all the lies and bullshit.

bulldogtragic
04-12-2015, 07:26 PM
You know..... why aren't the Talia's suing our club for defamation??? If they're both so innocent, then the club has obviously defamed them. They can easily go to court, swear to tell the truth and establish they've been defamed. I wonder why they're not willing to do this? I can only guess maintaining their story under oath would be perjury, as according to them it's a dead a set easy defamation case to win if they and the AFL are to be believed.

comrade
04-12-2015, 08:07 PM

Found it weird that a bunch of our guys went on holidays with the traitor post season.

bulldogtragic
04-12-2015, 08:22 PM
Found it weird that a bunch of our guys went on holidays with the traitor post season.

True, but some humans have a weird sense of duality. You can have an employer say one thing and believe it, and have a mate say the opposite and believe it. You can believe in peace and go to war, as Private Joker pointed out. Our players now all understand the matter and why the club did what it did. I don't understand there's any issues whatsoever from our players towards Bevo, Dave, Peter or the club. But some may chose to remain friendly with Tahleeya, even though we wouldn't.

G-Mo77
05-12-2015, 01:48 AM

Mentioned that a couple of pages back. Seem to be still pretty chummy with him as well. I don't get it.

jeemak
08-12-2015, 08:48 AM
There's a story on the back page of the little paper today describing via an except from Pat Steinfort's book on Dean Bailey the level of coercion that went into the former copping his ban for miss managing the Melbourne Football Club - when it wasn't tanking.

I can imagine why Cheney finally realised he was just joking after months of interrogation......

Twodogs
08-12-2015, 09:31 AM
There's a story on the back page of the little paper today describing via an except from Pat Steinfort's book on Dean Bailey the level of coercion that went into the former copping his ban for miss managing the Melbourne Football Club - when it wasn't tanking.

I can imagine why Cheney finally realised he was just joking after months of interrogation......

This will all come out. Only a very stupid organisation would think that this story has been totally told. And if Talia thinks this is all over then he's in for a rude shock. He will be dumped by the AFL like a hot spud.

LostDoggy
15-12-2015, 05:44 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-15/crows-the-ninth-club-caught-out-by-asada

Reckon the player involved will be Daniel Talia. Crows were texting him to contact the club, but silly old DT inexplicably just deleted the messages.

josie
15-12-2015, 07:41 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-15/crows-the-ninth-club-caught-out-by-asada

Reckon the player involved will be Daniel Talia. Crows were texting him to contact the club, but silly old DT inexplicably just deleted the messages.

Almost right....DT's very sick cat - which he was taking to vet in his car at high speed - stepped on the his mobile phone which deleted the messages.

[Alternative story: The very sick cat was driving at high speed to the vet and DT inadvertently deleted messages on his mobile thinking it was a CAT NAV device].

Axe Man
21-12-2015, 04:43 PM
How on earth did we manage to win any games last season considering how unfit we were?:rolleyes:

Swans 'a lot fitter' than Bulldogs, declares Talia (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-21/swans-a-lot-fitter-than-bulldogs-declares-talia)

FORMER Western Bulldogs defender Michael Talia has been "shocked" by the amount of running at the Sydney Swans this pre-season, claiming his new teammates are "a lot fitter group" than his old side.

While Talia has quickly adapted to his surroundings at his new club, it's taken the 22-year-old some time to get used to the Swans' intense training workload.

"I've definitely noticed there's a lot more running - endurance-based running, I should say - here at Sydney," he told the club's website.

"The one thing that I've noticed the most is just the amount of running in between drills and that sort of stuff.

"So at the moment I'm still adjusting. I think I'm running pretty well, but that's probably the one main difference.

"It's been good, though. Across the board I think they're a lot fitter group down at Sydney."

While the workload has been tough, Talia hasn't had to face the challenge alone after settling in alongside his new housemate and fellow recruit Callum Sinclair.

"I still lived with mum and dad – it's a bit embarrassing I shouldn't be saying that – but I still lived with mum and dad up until my time here and the group have made it really easy," Talia said.

"I probably go out for dinner two or three times a week with all the boys, there's always something happening, I get a lot of texts from them on weekends and that sort of stuff.

"So they've been very welcoming, I couldn't have asked for much more, and they're definitely very hard working as well, as I said.

"The running side of it's been a bit of a shock to me and Cal, I know, so they're both hard working and very welcoming."

Talia, who last week sustained a compound fracture and dislocation of his finger that will restrict him from ball work until the New Year, was traded to the Swans while he was still the subject of an AFL investigation.

The young defender was accused of sharing game-sensitive information with his brother, Adelaide full-back Daniel, ahead of the Bulldogs-Crows elimination final. The fallout from the investigation and Talia's subsequent departure from the Dogs caused significant angst to members of their family.

However, Talia, who was eventually cleared, said he was "thankful" for his four years at the Kennel, added he had quickly tried to move on from the controversy into "a different chapter of my life".

"At the moment, my sole focus is just to earn the respect and build relationships with the guys here," said Talia, who was a lifelong Dogs supporter and played 30 games for the club.

"Obviously walking into a new environment, there's 40 new guys that you have to get to know, plus staff, so my sole focus from the start of the investigation was to move on from it.

"I adamantly denied any wrongdoing the whole time, so I know I'm definitely over the whole situation and looking forward to finishing off pre-season now heading into the Christmas break."

bornadog
21-12-2015, 04:45 PM
Wanker

LostDoggy
21-12-2015, 04:50 PM
One day a new recruit will claim his old team worked harder, had a better culture etc - now that would be an interview worth reading.

Greystache
21-12-2015, 04:58 PM
Glad to hear he'll be so much fitter next year. He should be well placed to run around in circles even more while not getting a fist on the ball and being outmarked by his opponent.

anfo27
21-12-2015, 04:59 PM
Running has never been an issue for him. Lets see how he goes with the one on one work. Worst one on one defender in the comp and all this crap thats gone on has been a blessing in disguise. So happy i never have to see him wear the tri colours again.

jeemak
21-12-2015, 05:42 PM
They're a mature team finishing their cycle, of course they're fitter.

Bulldog4life
21-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Poor form Michael

GVGjr
21-12-2015, 05:52 PM
The Swans are a vastly more experienced side who have done had many more preseasons than many of our guys. I'd expect them to be fitter and stronger but we beat them on their own dung heap in their own conditions last season so they must be lacking something.

Twodogs
21-12-2015, 06:02 PM
The Swans are a vastly more experienced side who have done had many more preseasons than many of our guys. I'd expect them to be fitter and stronger but we beat them on their own dung heap in their own conditions last season so they must be lacking something.

Easton Wood is what they lacked that day.

comrade
21-12-2015, 07:36 PM
All that extra fitness will help him get to more contests so he can spoil his own teammates, over and over. Happy days.

Happy Days
21-12-2015, 10:35 PM
My favourite bit is how the out in straight sets semi finalist Swans who clearly ran out of legs last year were fitter than the grand finalist Eagles.

LostDoggy
21-12-2015, 10:51 PM
https://twitter.com/JStringer9/status/678889535158091776

I suspect if Talia is somehow in the Sydney firsts come Round 15, it'll be compulsory viewing.

Twodogs
21-12-2015, 10:58 PM
Someone at Sydney has said to Talia "Don't tell anyone but we are planning on being much fitter than your old team"

bulldogtragic
21-12-2015, 11:16 PM
https://twitter.com/JStringer9/status/678889535158091776

I suspect if Talia is somehow in the Sydney firsts come Round 15, it'll be compulsory viewing.

Gold. I like few words to make a strong point. Anyone left in any doubt that all our players were given the full story and allowed to make their own minds up and picked to be on Tahleeya's side?

I'm not sure why we're even having this discussion. The AFL and Tahleeya both agree he didn't make the comments we all read in the article.

jeemak
21-12-2015, 11:29 PM
I don't think Stringer could have responded any better than that.

LostDoggy
21-12-2015, 11:56 PM
Has Talia's hair turned grey in a matter of weeks?

LostDoggy
22-12-2015, 12:08 AM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/michael-talia

This is his profile pic from this year.

LostDoggy
22-12-2015, 12:10 AM
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sydney-swans-recruit-michael-talia-holds-no-grudge-towards-western-bulldogs/news-story/51be9fca8c8d94c010ff53ac3829afa9

(http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sydney-swans-recruit-michael-talia-holds-no-grudge-towards-western-bulldogs/news-story/51be9fca8c8d94c010ff53ac3829afa9)And this is from recently. To me looks 10-20 years older.

bornadog
22-12-2015, 09:03 AM
http://cdnimages2013.cgdata.com/221411_cgau-55k-SZ-ares-63561940499jrh.gif

Greystache
22-12-2015, 09:03 AM
I need to see a current picture of him hunched over screaming in frustration as his opponent has outmarked him yet again to be able to make an accurate comparison.

LostDoggy
22-12-2015, 09:44 AM

I thought it was noteworthy. Indicates a guy with a fair bit on his conscience perhaps?

bornadog
22-12-2015, 09:46 AM
I thought it was noteworthy. Indicates a guy with a fair bit on his conscience perhaps?

No probs, just a bit of fun.

Mofra
22-12-2015, 11:44 AM
Last time we faced a Sydney-based side with an ex-player we didn't like I had a very good day at the football.
Looking forward to the Swans this year.
Please let Talia go to Stringer.

LostDoggy
22-12-2015, 03:11 PM

I do.

comrade
22-12-2015, 08:53 PM
"I denied any wrong doing the whole time. I know I’m definitely over the whole situation ..."

Doesn't exactly sound like someone who is innocent. And can't imagine Sydney will be rapt with the flog comparing both clubs.

What a crab. So happy he's no longer at the club, one bloke I couldn't stand watching out on the field (Liam Jones is another). Anyone one remember his first half against the Suns? Probably the worst 60 minutes I've ever seen from a Bulldogs player.

Murphy'sLore
23-12-2015, 08:23 AM
Maybe I skimmed over it, but am I right in thinking there was no 'goodbye, thanks and all the best' section in the yearbook for players who have left the club this year? I'm pretty sure there was a thank you even when Gryphon left. But no thanks to Talia!

Sedat
23-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Will be the fittest player in the NEAFL next year

Twodogs
23-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Will be the fittest player in the NEAFL next year

He will need to be to make up for the deficit in talent between him and the average NEAFL footballer.

LostDoggy
24-12-2015, 10:31 AM

Gotta love JJ

Twodogs
24-12-2015, 10:59 AM

Gotta love JJ

What did JJ sat about the big dud? I can't make it out. There must be a problem with my iPad because I click on it but just comes up all blurry. I could make out the word "spell" I think and could see that Adam Cooney had replied but that's all I could see.

LostDoggy
24-12-2015, 11:21 AM
The text as best I can make it:

JJ: Fitter... give me a spell (not sure of last word, maybe hurl?)
Cooney (1 hr later): Ha ha
Talia (10 hrs later): Watch the actual interview mate they took one snippet and headlined it. Haha. I've been stitched again.
JJ (15 minues later): Never beaten me in a 2 km :)

Twodogs
24-12-2015, 02:36 PM
The text as best I can make it:

JJ: Fitter... give me a spell (not sure of last word, maybe hurl?)
Cooney (1 hr later): Ha ha
Talia (10 hrs later): Watch the actual interview mate they took one snippet and headlined it. Haha. I've been stitched again.
JJ (15 minues later): Never beaten me in a 2 km :)

Shirl I'd say.

LostDoggy
24-12-2015, 02:42 PM
Shirley you can't be serious

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
24-12-2015, 02:55 PM
I am serious and don't call me Shirley

LostDoggy
24-12-2015, 03:16 PM
Boom tish

Twodogs
24-12-2015, 03:50 PM
Try the veal.

LostDoggy
24-12-2015, 08:35 PM
This guy really is as dumb as a box of hammers. He's stated to a journo that Swans are fitter than Dogs and has claimed to be stitched up when they run with that as the headline. Surely he's been round longer than that.

westdog54
25-12-2015, 03:43 PM
Maybe the journo deleted the rest of the interview.

Or lost his tape recorder.

Our just made the whole thing up as a joke.

Dancin' Douggy
25-12-2015, 05:34 PM
I just watched a replay of the collingwood game as a Christmas treat.
Talia was AWFUL in that game.

I reckon Beverage maybe DID fabricate the whole thing just to be sure to get rid of him.

China Dog
26-12-2015, 07:39 AM
I'm glad he has gone and he is doing us a favour shooting his mouth off about how fit the Swans are. No need to pump the boys up for that game, all that is needed beforehand is a reminder of his comments. Unfortanely it's highly doubtful that he will be playing, just doesn't have the heart and smarts to be a good AFL player.

Throughandthrough
26-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Allegedly Talia was the dumbest bloke on our list. Zoolander type qualities.

Greystache
26-12-2015, 10:47 PM
He missed a training session (not just once) and when asked why he missed the session and didn't answer his phone he claimed he lost it #coincidence

Murphy'sLore
27-12-2015, 09:24 AM
He's a very careless boy, isn't he? Losing phones, spilling beans...

F'scary
27-12-2015, 06:06 PM
That is the problem with these new-fangled phones. Someone (the co-conspirator) can program a phone number in and you just have to press one button to call it. If M. Talia had to type the number in each time, I doubt those calls would have gone through.

Twodogs
27-12-2015, 07:50 PM
That is the problem with these new-fangled phones. Someone (the co-conspirator) can program a phone number in and you just have to press one button to call it. If M. Talia had to type the number in each time, I doubt those calls would have gone through.

These new fangled phones also have a function that allows you to locate your phone if you lose it. I wonder why it's never occurred to anyone to try it. While I understand Mr Talia may not have the mental faculties to attempt something as complicated as that surely one of the 'investigators' who were only to willing to fall over themselves in their rush to believe Tellya's little story would have thought to try it?

Or maybe they didn't investigate it as throughly as they want us to believe? Nah, surely the AFL wouldn't have been stupid enough to lie about something like that? You can't keep a lid on something like that for very long. Oh well I guess we will find out how stupid they really are. Because this ain't over by a long shot.

KT31
27-12-2015, 08:00 PM
One day in the not to distant future someone will invent a phone that can be fixed to the wall via a cord so you can't lose it.:D

Twodogs
27-12-2015, 09:44 PM
One day in the not to distant future someone will invent a phone that can be fixed to the wall via a cord so you can't lose it.:D

Nah. There won't be a market for them.;)

Remi Moses
27-12-2015, 10:08 PM
I call bull**** ! Good riddance .
You can find his name in the contacts , under N for neafl

Ghost Dog
29-12-2015, 03:34 PM
We ended up ahead.
During Rocket's time there were some reports of phones being tapped or info being procured by spies watching training.
I hope the club continues to tighten up, improve as it is in all areas, re-iterate the need for tight lips on the ship, and weed out unprofessionalism. Talia had a Carlisle like tendency to sulk when the decision went the wrong way that annoyed the hell out of me. If the guys that know so much about footy on here are glad he is gone, so am I.

azabob
29-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Phones tapped? Seriously?

Ghost Dog
29-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Rocket did mention it once in an interview.
You can't tell me clubs have never tried various ways to get information.
I know one club put someone in a tree once outside a training ground. Sure there are other ways.

bulldogtragic
29-12-2015, 04:14 PM

It's only very, very illegal. Ask the ghost of Richard Nixon.

jeemak
30-12-2015, 07:36 AM
Rocket did mention it once in an interview.
You can't tell me clubs have never tried various ways to get information.
I know one club put someone in a tree once outside a training ground. Sure there are other ways.

Sending a guy up a tree is one thing........but tapping phones?

Twodogs
30-12-2015, 09:57 AM
Tapping a phone isn't necessarily illegal. It depends on whether you are party to the call or not.

KT31
30-12-2015, 10:19 AM
Tapping a phone isn't necessarily illegal. It depends on whether you are party to the call or not.
This is why I never call.;)

Mofra
30-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Recording a call even if you are the A or B party is illegal if you don't record express permission.
Only authorised persons can intercept a phone call so if someone is listening to a call then they would certainly be able to be charged.

bornadog
30-12-2015, 02:51 PM

Aza like you cannot believe that happened and besides what is someone going to learn over a phone.

Twodogs
30-12-2015, 04:11 PM
Recording a call even if you are the A or B party is illegal if you don't record express permission.
Only authorised persons can intercept a phone call so if someone is listening to a call then they would certainly be able to be charged.

It should be an easy defence though. "I was just mucking about with this new device I got from Dick Smith and bugger me I accidentally overheard what was being said in their coaches' box" :)

bulldogtragic
30-12-2015, 04:16 PM

Recording conversations (in person or Bluetooth etc) you're right to some extent, and if the parties knew and consented etc. But the actual tapping of phones requires a warrant, without it it's dead set illegal. But with the AFL suppressing the shite actions of anyone in the industry, they'd probably get away with it.

bulldogtragic
30-12-2015, 04:18 PM
It should be an easy defence though. "I was just mucking about with this new device I got from Dick Smith and bugger me I accidentally overheard what was being said in their coaches' box" :)

It'd be even easier to recruit a D grade defender into another club and get all the info first hand... That's completely above board...

WBFC4FFC
30-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Allegedly Talia was the dumbest bloke on our list. Zoolander type qualities.

Yes I have heard that as well, pre the whole affair occurring.

ledge
30-12-2015, 04:59 PM
Sad thing is Talia is in next years calendar !

Twodogs
30-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Sad thing is Talia is in next years calendar !

Heh! Some bloke I'd never seen before, Brian somebody I think it was, is on the front of this years.

BornInDroopSt'54
30-12-2015, 11:27 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/victorian-gambling-watchdog-satisfied-with-afls-talia-brothers-leak-claim-investigation-explanation/news-story/0cd7f99bfd3eea7b0a91b79f26461a4b
THE AFL’s handling of the Talia brothers investigation has been ticked off by the state’s gambling watchdog.

The Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation announced last month it was considering launching its own probe into allegations parts of the Western Bulldogs game plan were leaked ahead of the club’s elimination final loss to Adelaide.

A VCGLR spokesman said the commission had recently met with the AFL and was “satisfied” with the league’s explanations.

As an approved sports controlling body, the AFL is compelled to notify the gambling authority of all potential integrity breaches.

No such notification was provided after the Western Bulldogs formally requested an AFL investigation into the alleged leaking of “game-sensitive” information between Michael and Daniel Talia in the days leading up to the Dogs-Crows final.

Bookmakers estimate up to $5 million was wagered on the match, which Adelaide won by just seven points....
VCGLR has recently met with the AFL and we are satisfied their inquiries into the Talia matter did not warrant notification to us as required under Victoria’s gambling laws,” a commission spokesman said.

“At this stage there is no need for the VCGLR to conduct further inquiries or an investigation.”

Asked why the AFL had not been in breach of its statutory obligations by failing to inform the VCGLR of the Talia allegations, the spokesman said: “We are satisfied with the information the AFL has provided the VCGLR and that no further action is required at this stage.”

The Bulldogs have declared they remain “troubled by certain aspects” of the AFL’s investigation that cleared both Talias of wrongdoing.

In its summary of findings, the AFL concluded that Adelaide defender Kyle Cheney had triggered the saga after he “inappropriately joked about a serious matter”.

It was later revealed that Cheney had called Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge in the days after the final and told him he feared for his AFL future if a complaint about the leaking of “game-sensitive” information was investigated.

Adelaide’s Kyle Cheney was issued with a warning by the AFL. Picture: Sarah Reed
Beveridge told investigators Cheney called him on September 16 and said he felt bad about being involved in the leak.

Cheney and Beveridge spoke again the next day before the Bulldogs asked the league to investigate on September 22.

The Bulldogs’ concerns about the investigation included the deletion of text messages on Daniel Talia’s phone and the loss of Michael Talia’s phone while on holiday in Bali.

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has since asked why the AFL didn’t use its powers to obtain the deleted messages.

The allegations of leaked information took 63 days to investigate and tested 16 witnesses.

Michael Talia was traded from the Bulldogs to Sydney during the probe.

The VCGLR has the power to revoke the AFL’s licence to collect lucrative contract fees from accredited betting agencies.

It has previously investigated the league over the Melbourne tanking scandal and last year’s NAB Rising Star leak and taken little or no action.

Twodogs
31-12-2015, 02:20 AM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/victorian-gambling-watchdog-satisfied-with-afls-talia-brothers-leak-claim-investigation-explanation/news-story/0cd7f99bfd3eea7b0a91b79f26461a4b
THE AFL’s handling of the Talia brothers investigation has been ticked off by the state’s gambling watchdog.

The Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation announced last month it was considering launching its own probe into allegations parts of the Western Bulldogs game plan were leaked ahead of the club’s elimination final loss to Adelaide.

A VCGLR spokesman said the commission had recently met with the AFL and was “satisfied” with the league’s explanations.

As an approved sports controlling body, the AFL is compelled to notify the gambling authority of all potential integrity breaches.

No such notification was provided after the Western Bulldogs formally requested an AFL investigation into the alleged leaking of “game-sensitive” information between Michael and Daniel Talia in the days leading up to the Dogs-Crows final.

Bookmakers estimate up to $5 million was wagered on the match, which Adelaide won by just seven points....
VCGLR has recently met with the AFL and we are satisfied their inquiries into the Talia matter did not warrant notification to us as required under Victoria’s gambling laws,” a commission spokesman said.

“At this stage there is no need for the VCGLR to conduct further inquiries or an investigation.”

Asked why the AFL had not been in breach of its statutory obligations by failing to inform the VCGLR of the Talia allegations, the spokesman said: “We are satisfied with the information the AFL has provided the VCGLR and that no further action is required at this stage.”

The Bulldogs have declared they remain “troubled by certain aspects” of the AFL’s investigation that cleared both Talias of wrongdoing.

In its summary of findings, the AFL concluded that Adelaide defender Kyle Cheney had triggered the saga after he “inappropriately joked about a serious matter”.

It was later revealed that Cheney had called Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge in the days after the final and told him he feared for his AFL future if a complaint about the leaking of “game-sensitive” information was investigated.

Adelaide’s Kyle Cheney was issued with a warning by the AFL. Picture: Sarah Reed
Beveridge told investigators Cheney called him on September 16 and said he felt bad about being involved in the leak.

Cheney and Beveridge spoke again the next day before the Bulldogs asked the league to investigate on September 22.

The Bulldogs’ concerns about the investigation included the deletion of text messages on Daniel Talia’s phone and the loss of Michael Talia’s phone while on holiday in Bali.

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has since asked why the AFL didn’t use its powers to obtain the deleted messages.

The allegations of leaked information took 63 days to investigate and tested 16 witnesses.

Michael Talia was traded from the Bulldogs to Sydney during the probe.

The VCGLR has the power to revoke the AFL’s licence to collect lucrative contract fees from accredited betting agencies.

It has previously investigated the league over the Melbourne tanking scandal and last year’s NAB Rising Star leak and taken little or no action.

Interesting finish. A bit of a toothless tiger perhaps?

BornInDroopSt'54
31-12-2015, 07:41 AM
Interesting finish. A bit of a toothless tiger perhaps?

The VCGLR has to be seen to be investigating, yet it's in its interests for no trouble to be found. Gamble away everyone.

Twodogs
31-12-2015, 12:48 PM
The VCGLR has to be seen to be investigating, yet it's in its interests for no trouble to be found. Gamble away everyone.

Going through the motions for the good of society.

Topdog
02-01-2016, 09:55 AM
Interesting that Eddie chimed in with what many of us here also said. Good to see.

LostDoggy
02-01-2016, 10:03 AM
He works with Luke Darcy so reckon he might have got the full story.

Dry Rot
02-01-2016, 12:10 PM
Moving on to this season, I think its pretty funny that the Swans' final chances hinge on Talia.

I watched a lot of the Swans last year, and I reckon Richards and/or Grundy won't make it through this 2016 season. And Reid isn't really a tall defender. And then the cupboard is bare except for....

Talia, come on down!

Ghost Dog
02-01-2016, 12:33 PM
Looking forward to Talia being the Swans fan's whipping boy.

Dry Rot
02-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Looking forward to Talia being the Swans fan's whipping boy.

And he will be.

Swans may flood back but they really do depend upon Richards and Grundy making a fair contest and punching above their weight, and using their footy smarts.

F'scary
02-01-2016, 02:17 PM
Talia defending one-on-one on the Swan's small home ground should provide almost endless amusing deer-in-the-headlights moments for us to watch. Ahhh, the memories.

Ghost Dog
02-01-2016, 02:17 PM
And he will be.

Swans may flood back but they really do depend upon Richards and Grundy making a fair contest and punching above their weight, and using their footy smarts.

Well said DR
Ted Richards is the Dale Morris of Sydney. He's gotten the absolute best out of himself, but is nearing his end. I can't see Talia being able to come near him, in terms of a replacement.

Dry Rot
02-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Ted Richards is the Dale Morris of Sydney.

Absolutely, and both players are very underrated by most except fans of their respective teams.

Not a big fan of Grundy but he plays a role, and he is also on his last legs.

Talia is a poor replacement for either of them.

F'scary
02-01-2016, 06:04 PM
Groundhog day: the Swans are playing Adelaide in a 2016 final and M.Talia is languishing in the reserves...

Twodogs
02-01-2016, 10:13 PM
I'd lose the phone again. Worked a treat last time.

Twodogs
02-01-2016, 10:19 PM
Interesting that Eddie chimed in with what many of us here also said. Good to see.

Don't mind Eddie. If there absolutely has to be a Collingwood president then it may as well be Eddie.

bulldogtragic
02-01-2016, 10:24 PM
Look at the bright side, there's always a silver lining... it's an open invitation for organised criminals to get forewarning of key inside info knowing the opposition has it and then bet really hard on the result under falsified and diversified betting accounts. The AFL won't do anything, even with the power to do so, nor pass info on to authorities so it's a green light to get into players, get leverage over them, force them to get info over to the opposition and then make big money. Just needs an Arnold Rothstein type to coordinate it.

The Underdog
02-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Don't mind Eddie. If there absolutely has to be a Collingwood president then it may as well be Eddie.

If only he was busier so he couldn't be in the media.

Twodogs
03-01-2016, 12:01 AM
If only he was busier so he couldn't be in the media.

That's true. Eddie is everywhere.,

I noticed his brother Frank in an old episode of Frontline the other day. Even Eddie can't that on his CV.

Sedat
13-01-2016, 12:37 AM
Not all bad news today - Michael Talia breathing a huge sigh of relief knowing that Kyle Hardingham won't be handing his arse on a platter in 2016

Ghost Dog
13-01-2016, 01:11 AM
Not all bad news today - Michael Talia breathing a huge sigh of relief knowing that Kyle Hardingham won't be handing his arse on a platter in 2016

No, but there is a conga line of other forwards who are rubbing their hands in anticipation.

Testekill
20-01-2016, 08:37 PM
From the AFL prospectus for a bit of schaudenfreude

Michael Talia

Rated poor for his position.
Had the worst defensive one-on-one losing percentage in the competition. In fact, it was 5% worse than anybody else.

bulldogtragic
20-01-2016, 08:43 PM
From the AFL prospectus for a bit of schaudenfreude

Michael Talia

Rated poor for his position.
Had the worst defensive one-on-one losing percentage in the competition. In fact, it was 5% worse than anybody else.

Pfft. Everyone knows that stats are just mere numbers based on actual things that happen during football games that represent the player's ability. Like, what ever.

Maddog37
20-01-2016, 08:45 PM
Rated number one in the league for losing mobile phones apparently.

Greystache
20-01-2016, 09:30 PM
Rated poor for loyalty, integrity, and football.

Rated elite for screaming profanities after being outmarked by his opponent.

The Bulldogs Bite
20-01-2016, 10:15 PM
Rated elite for spoiling his own teammates.

Twodogs
20-01-2016, 11:10 PM
He's elite at standing on the mark looking annoyed too.

bulldogtragic
20-01-2016, 11:22 PM
To be fair, since joining Sydney he's become elite at making an arse of himself to journos and thereby firing up our players up on Twitter and giving them a reason to work harder to beat Sydney. That's clearly a tick in his box for the things he's done positive for our club. His request to be traded to Sydney was another tick in the positive box. Some balance to the discussion please.

Twodogs
21-01-2016, 01:42 AM
To be fair, since joining Sydney he's become elite at making an arse of himself to journos and thereby firing up our players up on Twitter and giving them a reason to work harder to beat Sydney. That's clearly a tick in his box for the things he's done positive for our club. His request to be traded to Sydney was another tick in the positive box. Some balance to the discussion please.

He's elite at swapping clubs.

You've got to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative. Don't mess with mr Inbetween.

BornInDroopSt'54
21-01-2016, 03:38 PM
I think we should go easy on Tellya, his IQ is low enough to classify him as mentally disabled or impaired.

LostDoggy
21-01-2016, 09:54 PM
Scheming,Scamming Prick probably gets around flashing a Health Care Card too.

Ghost Dog
22-01-2016, 01:26 AM
That's an insult to people with a physical impairment. He was dishonest. That's worse.

Twodogs
22-01-2016, 08:32 AM
That's an insult to people with a physical impairment. He was dishonest. That's worse.

Yep. People with intellectual disabilities have done nothing wrong.

Ghost Dog
22-01-2016, 10:50 AM
I should say 'mental challenge'. There will be a machiavellian interest from Bulldog fans in the Swans backline this season.

LostDoggy
22-01-2016, 12:28 PM
It's weird that he can be "the most underrated player in the competition" and be our best player and 11th best player in the AFL.

I found the most underrated comment a bit strong also. I think they mean that, as they rate him the 11th best player in the comp and best Bulldog, he doesn't get the wider plaudits that he should, however I think the comment is pretty heavy given he is widely recognised as a prodigious and elite talent.

BornInDroopSt'54
22-01-2016, 12:34 PM

Except I'm not joking. He seems to me to show a serious disability to negotiate reality because of what appears to be a very low intelligence. His first mistake was not dishonesty but honesty when he shouldn't have been. The dishonesty came about as an ill conceived attempt at cover up, "I lost my phone" etc. then he goes to the Swans and announces they train harder than us, then admits he didn't mean it...He has no idea.
Seems to me he could well be seriously mentally challenged.

craigsahibee
22-01-2016, 01:03 PM
See Buddy Franklin "starred" in the Swans opening scratch match today. No prizes for guessing who he played on for the majority of time.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-22/mobile-franklin-stars-in-swans-scratch-match

jeemak
22-01-2016, 02:01 PM
It's almost deserving of its own thread. I can't wait for each of these guys to get one or two more years under their belts.

As for Talia, getting towelled up at training is good practice. After all, you play how you train.

BornInDroopSt'54
22-01-2016, 02:01 PM
I certainly don't disagree, however it must be remembered that Stringer is still not at capacity due to the severe injury he copped as a 17 year old. He'll have a bigger engine this year - scary what he could be.

It seems we're blessed with a couple of greats if things go to plan.

Axe Man
22-01-2016, 04:26 PM
See Buddy Franklin "starred" in the Swans opening scratch match today. No prizes for guessing who he played on for the majority of time.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-22/mobile-franklin-stars-in-swans-scratch-match

So now we know why Sydney recruited him - to get Buddy's confidence back up by playing on him in all the intra-club matches!

Reminds me of a champion racehorse and his companion pony.

Bulldog Joe
22-01-2016, 05:04 PM
It's almost deserving of its own thread. I can't wait for each of these guys to get one or two more years under their belts.

As for Talia, getting towelled up at training is good practice. After all, you play how you train.

There have been some posts in this that have been discussing the Bont and Stringer from the AFL prospectus. I have moved those to a new thread, as I believe they should not suffocate in the Talia thread.

Testekill
22-01-2016, 09:06 PM
Except I'm not joking. He seems to me to show a serious disability to negotiate reality because of what appears to be a very low intelligence. His first mistake was not dishonesty but honesty when he shouldn't have been. The dishonesty came about as an ill conceived attempt at cover up, "I lost my phone" etc. then he goes to the Swans and announces they train harder than us, then admits he didn't mean it...He has no idea.
Seems to me he could well be seriously mentally challenged.

He just seems thick as two planks of wood.

LostDoggy
22-01-2016, 09:12 PM

Mental Cripple.

LostDoggy
22-01-2016, 09:12 PM
Idiot Sauvant.

F'scary
22-01-2016, 09:31 PM

Two thick planks of very thick wood.

In Sydney, they will be calling him "Railway Sleepers"

Twodogs
22-01-2016, 10:28 PM
Ah guys. We decided a while back we were going to give the pejorative terms for mental illness and disabilities a miss.

I did like idiot savant though. But some of the other stuff.

bornadog
06-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Sloane: No hard feelings Dogs

The Adelaide Crows hold no grudges against the Western Bulldogs, despite least year’s elimination final being tinged with allegations of inside information being traded, says Rory Sloane.

Former Bulldog Michael Talia reportedly leaked information of his former side to brother Daniel, a Crows defender, ahead of their elimination final at the MCG last September.

story continues here (http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/05-16/sloane-no-hard-feelings-dogs#3W7OMgpsF5f1HY22.97)

hujsh
06-05-2016, 02:35 PM

The Adelaide Crows hold no grudges against the Western Bulldogs, despite least year’s elimination final being tinged with allegations of inside information being traded, says Rory Sloane.

Former Bulldog Michael Talia reportedly leaked information of his former side to brother Daniel, a Crows defender, ahead of their elimination final at the MCG last September.

story continues here (http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/05-16/sloane-no-hard-feelings-dogs#3W7OMgpsF5f1HY22.97)

Well how *!*!*!*!ing gracious of you.

LostDoggy
06-05-2016, 02:42 PM

Hopefully they honestly believe that. Will make Liam Picken's job far easier.

Twodogs
06-05-2016, 02:43 PM

Well La de *!*!*!*!ing da for them.

Personally I still feeling pretty bitter about Adelaide's cheating in the first place and the AFL sweeping it under the carpet in the aftermath. Until the Talia brothers find their phones and prove their story's Adelaide FC can spend their time rolling around in dog turds as far as I am concerned,

ledge
06-05-2016, 02:45 PM
We are the ones holding a grudge .. Why would they be they won!

bornadog
06-05-2016, 02:47 PM
Well La de *!*!*!*!ing da for them.

Personally I still feeling pretty bitter about Adelaide's cheating in the first place and the AFL sweeping it under the carpet in the aftermath. Until the Talia brothers find their phones and prove their story's Adelaide FC can spend their time rolling around in dog turds as far as I am concerned,

Pretty sure Bevo feels the same way as all of us.

Greystache
06-05-2016, 02:50 PM
The only one I don't hold a grudge against is Kyle Cheney. He was hung out to dry in the most disgraceful fashion.

bornadog
06-05-2016, 02:58 PM
The only one I don't hold a grudge against is Kyle Cheney. He was hung out to dry in the most disgraceful fashion.

Yes, agree.

Twodogs
06-05-2016, 04:02 PM

Yep. Not sure how he was the one who ended up under the bus if everything was ridgeydidge

ratsmac
06-05-2016, 04:51 PM
We need to make an example of these scumbags tomorrow night. No one messes with the bulldogs and gets away with it.

Rocco Jones
07-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Not sure I hold any 'grudges' against anyone other than Michael Talia.

Imagine if the shoe were on the other foot. Would we blame our player for using info that was given to us? Would we blame our coaches for using said information?

bornadog
07-05-2016, 11:58 AM

Imagine if the shoe were on the other foot. Would we blame our player for using info that was given to us? Would we blame our coaches for using said information?

It was more Adelaide's attitude and having a go at us for reporting the Talia brothers and their condemnation of Cheney who was basically telling the truth. They just denied everything, knowing what really happened and claiming Daniel was innocent.

Rocco Jones
07-05-2016, 12:01 PM
It was more Adelaide's attitude and having a go at us for reporting the Talia brothers and their condemnation of Cheney who was basically telling the truth. They just denied everything, knowing what really happened and claiming Daniel was innocent.

Yeah condemnation of Cheney wasn't great.

G-Mo77
07-05-2016, 12:15 PM

Likewise Rocco. I'd actually forgotten all about this until this thread was bumped. I'd use the info to my advantage. It's not the first time it would have happened and certainly not the last. As for Talia. Who?

LostDoggy
08-05-2016, 08:05 PM

Yep. I don't want people of that low character and integrity entrusted with our sacred guernsey. The very reason Genghis Khan despised traitors.

Twodogs
09-05-2016, 04:49 AM
You'd be in real trouble if Genghis took a dislike to you.

bornadog
09-05-2016, 08:49 AM
I loved the way the crowd booed Daniel when he had the ball.

SonofScray
09-05-2016, 09:10 AM
I loved the way the crowd booed Daniel when he had the ball.
It is going to be very raucous when Michael shows up against us (if he ever does). Much more hostile than the former number 16's reception.

Drunken Bum
09-05-2016, 09:52 AM
I'm interested to see what Danny comes up with for the banner if Tooliar is picked to play against us, i suspect(hope) the club might let him get away with a bit more than they normally would

LostDoggy
10-05-2016, 02:41 PM
I'm interested to see what Danny comes up with for the banner if Tooliar is picked to play against us, i suspect(hope) the club might let him get away with a bit more than they normally would

Maybe something like: "Top four spots: harder to hold onto than phones"

Ozza
10-05-2016, 02:52 PM
I watched the weekend's game again last night. Gee Daniel Talia was poor. Almost every time he got the ball he just hacked it straight back to us. Had a real mare, and you'd have to suspect he was a bit rattled.

Templeton31
10-05-2016, 03:48 PM
I watched the weekend's game again last night. Gee Daniel Talia was poor. Almost every time he got the ball he just hacked it straight back to us. Had a real mare, and you'd have to suspect he was a bit rattled.

Yeh I noticed that. Did some of the things that were deficiencies in Michaels game when playing for us.

Remi Moses
10-05-2016, 04:13 PM

He did it numerous times . Quite unusual, but testament to our forward pressure and perceived pressure at times .

bulldogtragic
10-05-2016, 05:17 PM
I hope to see Michael play us. Combine high ball kicking into the forward 50, newly permitted punching to the ribs and guts of players and Jack Redpath, Boyd and Stringer (Minson too) = happy BT.

Happy Days
10-05-2016, 05:37 PM
I hope to see Michael play us. Combine high ball kicking into the forward 50, newly permitted punching to the ribs and guts of players and Jack Redpath, Boyd and Stringer (Minson too) = happy BT.

I hope to see Michael play us because Michael sucks and we'd kick many goals on him.

Twodogs
10-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Multiple goals.

He is very poor with the helicopter kicks and lack of presence in the contest.

Axe Man
19-05-2016, 05:39 PM
We won't see Tellalieia when we play the Swans.

Swans duo placed on long-term injury list (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-19/swans-duo-placed-on-longterm-injury-list)

SYDNEY Swans defender Michael Talia has been placed on the club's long-term injury list after suffering a setback in his rehabilitation from a serious foot injury.

Talia partially tore the Lisfranc ligament and suffered some bone displacement in his foot in the Swans' round one win over Collingwood, the same game Magpie Dane Swan went down with the same injury.

The former Western Bulldog was listed as being 2-3 weeks away from resuming training on the club's official injury list on Tuesday, but Swans General Manager of Football Tom Harley said Talia's latest scan revealed some bad news.

"Michael's rehabilitation is ongoing and recent x-rays highlighted that the break in his foot will require more time to mend,” Harley said.

“We’re confident that Michael will be able to return to the field in eight weeks."

1eyedog
19-05-2016, 05:48 PM
Eight weeks is almost the week after we play them in Sydney.

I reckon he's just running scared.

LostDoggy
19-05-2016, 05:55 PM
In the words of the great Martin/Molloy- "Shit Scared!!" ;)

Remi Moses
19-05-2016, 07:57 PM
In the words of the great Martin/Molloy- "Shit Scared!!" ;)

Their radio show was hilarious. Any news on Talia's phone ?

LostDoggy
19-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Hidden in one of Bargeass's donuts ;)
No one's ever finding that baby!

Twodogs
19-05-2016, 08:47 PM
Their radio show was hilarious. Any news on Talia's phone ?

I think it's pronounced "tell lies", it's one of those non phonetic surnames.

Greystache
19-05-2016, 09:02 PM
Disappointing news as a Bulldogs supporter, putting his shortcomings as a person aside, he's a terrible footballer. Sydney are a poorer team when he's fit.

bulldogtragic
26-08-2016, 09:57 PM
If WCE stay ahead Sydney vs Adelaide in the first week. I hope Tom Harley seizes Talia's mobile phone or bans him from team meetings if they want their confidential team plans to remain confidential.

hujsh
26-08-2016, 10:51 PM
If WCE stay ahead Sydney vs Adelaide in the first week. I hope Tom Harley seizes Talia's mobile phone or bans him from team meetings if they want their confidential team plans to remain confidential.

He's probably got hundreds of them lying around his house. Take one away, turn around and you'll find him texting his brother

bulldogtragic
13-09-2016, 08:37 PM

Knock out final, Talia v Talia after all... I'm thinking of setting up a preemptive gofundme.com.au page to help raise money to buy Michael a new mobile phone next week.

ratsmac
13-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Knock out final, Talia v Talia after all... I'm thinking of setting up a preemptive gofundme.com.au page to help raise money to buy Michael a new mobile phone next week.

It's funny how some things pan out isn't just! Lucky for Sydney he's not playing due to injury instead of not being good enough and playing seconds footy. But if I were Sydney I'd still be screening his text messages. Once a turn coat always a turn coat.

Twodogs
13-09-2016, 09:21 PM
It's funny how some things pan out isn't just! Lucky for Sydney he's not playing due to injury instead of not being good enough and playing seconds footy. But if I were Sydney I'd still be screening his text messages. Once a turn coat always a turn coat.

I laughed when one of the Swans coaches said on SEN through the season that Alir Alir only got a chance because of the injury to Talia. Alir is so Much better than Talia

bulldogtragic
13-09-2016, 09:24 PM
I laughed when one of the Swans coaches said on SEN through the season that Alir Alir only got a chance because of the injury to Talia. Alir is already so Much better than Talia will ever be.

To be fair to AA.

Twodogs
13-09-2016, 10:01 PM
He's played more good games already.

bornadog
04-01-2018, 12:00 PM
Never-give-up Talia eyes another chance (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-01-04/nevergiveup-talia-eyes-another-chance)

Scraggers
04-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Never-give-up Talia eyes another chance (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-01-04/nevergiveup-talia-eyes-another-chance)

Flog

Twodogs
04-01-2018, 03:17 PM
Flog

At least the photo doesn't show him wearing the colours he discraced.

LostDoggy
04-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Good luck to him. Maybe he has learned from his numerous mistakes.

GVGjr
04-01-2018, 09:32 PM
Good luck to him. Maybe he has learned from his numerous mistakes.

I genuinely hope he has but he has left his run very late. At best he is a rookie list chance in 2019

Remi Moses
05-01-2018, 11:31 PM
Who ?

jeemak
06-01-2018, 06:01 AM
I genuinely hope he has but he has left his run very late. At best he is a rookie list chance in 2019

Playing NEAFL wouldn't have helped him stay front of mind for recruiting staff these past couple of years, the standard just isn't there and in my view going to a club that places you as a regular in that competition is a genuine trap for any borderline AFL quality player to fall into. You'd get better challenges in the Ammos or EFL (though without the professional training, of course).

Going to SA is a good move for him however, now he's out of the AFL system his weaknesses are going to count against him more than they ever had. What type of AFL list picks up a dud kick with handling issues as an already tried mature age player, from the next tier down?

Webby
06-01-2018, 06:59 AM
What a diabolical stuff up to his career..!

That 2016 premiership team had a spot there which would've been wide open for either of Talia or Roberts. We'd have held onto Talia and, had he worked himself hard in the 2016 pre season, fined down a bit and worked on his agility and closing speed, it might've been him holding down Tippet in the GF. Becoming the club's only premiership player who was a decendant of the 1954 team. Via a dying grandfather, no less. What a story it would've been..! There would've been some good will and romanticism to have given him a selection edge if he was a 50/50 for that last defender's slot.

As history has it, he made some incredibly poor decisions and buggered it all up.

jeemak
06-01-2018, 07:05 AM
Basically every word leaning towards self redemption from him is completely shallow. Just like his ominous first interview with Sydney when he pontificated they train a bit harder up there..........

Fletch for all his flaws has better hands, better instincts and is a better kick. Talia may have challenged him, I'm glad we ended up with what we did on that fine day in 2016.

jeemak
06-01-2018, 07:06 AM
I can't sleep, I'm going to watch the highlights again.....thanks Webby!

GVGjr
06-01-2018, 09:20 AM
These are very much development years for Talia and he is outside of the system which won't help him unless he is very driven to get as fit as he can and work on his flaws so that he can impress the hell out of potential clubs.

Lets see if he has the drive to work his way back or if he hopes his surname gets him there in the end.

Twodogs
06-01-2018, 11:31 AM
Playing NEAFL wouldn't have helped him stay front of mind for recruiting staff these past couple of years, the standard just isn't there and in my view going to a club that places you as a regular in that competition is a genuine trap for any borderline AFL quality player to fall into. You'd get better challenges in the Ammos or EFL (though without the professional training, of course).

Going to SA is a good move for him however, now he's out of the AFL system his weaknesses are going to count against him more than they ever had. What type of AFL list picks up a dud kick with handling issues as an already tried mature age player, from the next tier down?

Like Billy Gowers you mean?

jeemak
06-01-2018, 11:46 AM
Like Billy Gowers you mean?

Is he a dud kick with bad hands is he?

bornadog
06-01-2018, 01:12 PM

His kicking is a little sus, but good hands and is only 21 years old

Twodogs
06-01-2018, 08:44 PM

Very good hands. Could'nt kick his way out of a wet paper bag.

Testekill
25-01-2018, 08:13 PM
The real tragedy is that he never got to cop it from a home crowd.

Twodogs
25-01-2018, 08:41 PM
The real tragedy is that he never got to cop it from a home crowd.

Except when he was playing with us.