PDA

View Full Version : Player Sponsor night

GVGjr
26-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Bornadog and I headed off to the players sponsors night which ended up being a good event.

Not many players there but we did have West, Johnson, Boyd, Gilbee, Higgins, Akermanis, Everitt and Gilbee. Only one of the assistant coaches was there, Wayne Campbell who gave some terrific insights to what is happening at the club and his role at the club and that of the the other assistants coaches as well.

Kevin Hillier hosted thew night and did a great job of interviewing a few of the players.

One of the highlights was having both Johnson and West on the stage at the same time and Westy stitched Johnno up big time.

Hillier was asking a lot of questions to Johnson who thought he should give Westy a chance to answer a few of them. Hillier made mention that Johnson had given a big handball to which Westy replied well it must have been outside of 50 then.
This comment really brought the house down and had Johnno blushing.

I'll write a bit more about the night shortly

GVGjr
26-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Here is some pictures from the night

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/Michael%20album/Sponsor%20Night/WestJohnno_2.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/Michael%20album/Sponsor%20Night/WestJohnno.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/Michael%20album/Sponsor%20Night/Higgins.jpg

GVGjr
26-11-2007, 11:36 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/Michael%20album/Sponsor%20Night/Campbell.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/Michael%20album/Sponsor%20Night/Andrejis.jpg

Dry Rot
26-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Good pics and thanks for the report.

Sounds like a good night - what did Wayne Campbell say?

GVGjr
26-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Campbell talked bout how the aim at the moment is to add size and strength and getting the guys a lot fitter than last year. He talked about that people seem to forget that we were 9 and 6 after 15 games. (in my opinion though that actually flattered us)

He gave a quick rundown on all the draftees and he talked about his job as a forward line coach. He made a comment about the forward line having some inconsistent players which was a direct but humorous shot at Aker.

He said Welsh was keen to come to the Dogs but it is obviously out of our control if he actually gets there.

Bornadog and I had a good chat to Kevin Hillier who will still be working with Werribee next season.

BulldogBelle
27-11-2007, 12:40 AM
One of the highlights was having both Johnson and West on the stage at the same time and Westy stitched Johnno up big time.

I bet, those two are a laugh a minute when together. Excellent pics GVG, I must say that Higgins is a bit of cutie. I am sure the other female posters here would agree with me. ;)

Max469
27-11-2007, 07:06 AM
Sounds like a good night was had by all. Thanks for the report and pics.

Yes, Belle - Higgins is a cutie.

Go_Dogs
27-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Sounds like a good night, thanks for the write up.

Bulldog Revolution
27-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Campbell talked bout how the aim at the moment is to add size and strength and getting the guys a lot fitter than last year. He talked about that people seem to forget that we were 9 and 6 after 15 games. (in my opinion though that actually flattered us)

An incredible case of using stats to make a case that in my eyes didn't exist - but maybe its designed to keep the confidence of the place up, because you dont get anywhere when you lack confidence.

BUT we may have been 9 and 6 but we played dreadful football weekly had been smashed a few times by non powerhouses - i.e the Crows and Saints etc

There were few times during 2007 where I felt we played well. I thought the Freo and Brisbane games away from home were very good but there weren't many others I got excited about.

bornadog
27-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Missed getting shots of Aker and Boyd. They both look extremely fit and ready, in particular, Boyd is looking fantastic. He has certainly changed his body shape over the years with his intense training.

Bulldog Revolution
27-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Missed getting shots of Aker and Boyd. They both look extremely fit and ready, in particular, Boyd is looking fantastic. He has certainly changed his body shape over the years with his intense training.

And to think there were many supporters who didn't think he was quick enough or skilled enough to make it

Twodogs
27-11-2007, 05:36 PM
And to think there were many supporters who didn't think he was quick enough or skilled enough to make it

He's not quick or skilled. He's bloody good though.

bornadog
27-11-2007, 05:54 PM

Shows what you can do if you put your mind to it. I think Boyd is going to have a big year.

Mantis
27-11-2007, 05:57 PM
He's not quick or skilled. He's bloody good though.

So tell me again why he is bloody good? And it's a serious question.

BulldogBelle
27-11-2007, 09:44 PM
in particular, Boyd is looking fantastic. He has certainly changed his body shape over the years with his intense training.

Perhaps marriage agrees with him also, he was recently married.

LostDoggy
27-11-2007, 11:58 PM
I bet, those two are a laugh a minute when together. Excellent pics GVG, I must say that Higgins is a bit of cutie. I am sure the other female posters here would agree with me. ;)

Everitt looks cute as well;)