PDA

View Full Version : “14 wins ain’t enough”

bornadog
08-09-2015, 04:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COXVk6-UkAASl0R.jpg

The Western Bulldogs won’t be satisfied with just a top-eight finish, as they approach their cut-throat elimination final against Adelaide on Saturday night.

Captain Bob Murphy and senior coach Luke Beveridge addressed media on Tuesday with Murphy saying despite the excitement of reaching the finals, it won’t be enough to satisfy the Dogs’ aspirations.

“The word I use is appetite, we’ve built up quite an appetite.

“I think you’ve seen that this year, that we’re hungry and 14 wins just ain’t going to cut it, we want more.”

Reflecting back to November last year when the Bulldogs first appointed Beveridge, Murphy said it wasn’t something he would have predicted at the time.

Ten months on, Murphy says he knew quite quickly upon Beveridge’s arrival, that he could help drive something special.

“It’s incredible how footy clubs can respond and bounce back and almost from November, as soon as Luke came on board, a new energy filled the place.

“From then on it has felt just like a special year, that’s why we want to keep it going as long as we can.”

Despite the fairy tale, Murphy says his side’s on-field performance is deserving of a serious tilt at finals action, after five years out of September.

“I haven’t thought about it too much (the five-year break), it’s more about how exciting it is for the boys who have been here in the last three or four years who have done it hard.

“They’ve kept the faith and kept working so hard that we’ve got ourselves to this point and we feel like deserve it.”

And Murphy’s message for that young group of players is simple:

“Enjoy the experience, this is what we’ve worked so hard for this whole year, and we feel like we deserve to be there.

“Get out there Saturday night and let it rip, it’s as simple as that.”

link (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-09-08/14-wins-aint-enough)

bornadog
08-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Bob for Prime Minister :D

Couldn't ask for a better captain.

Dancin' Douggy
08-09-2015, 04:58 PM
I love the term 'Let it rip' Because if The likes of Stringer and Bonty 'let it rip'...................look the f%$#$% out!

The Underdog
08-09-2015, 10:30 PM
I love the term 'Let it rip' Because if The likes of Stringer and Bonty 'let it rip'...................look the f%$#$% out!

Whatever happens on Saturday, I hope we play with passion and aggressiveness that we have at our best. I'd hate to waste the beauty of this year with a meek performance

Ghost Dog
08-09-2015, 10:45 PM
Mayhem rules. I'm pretty confident we can belt the Crows. Game on.

LostDoggy
08-09-2015, 11:06 PM
Bring It On!!

Twodogs
08-09-2015, 11:32 PM
It's getting very real.

azabob
08-09-2015, 11:49 PM
"14 wins ain't enough"

Sounds like a Bruce Springsteen lyric...

LostDoggy
09-09-2015, 01:43 AM
On your signal bob

Ozza
09-09-2015, 11:02 AM
The more I think about the game - the more I think we are morals to win.

The only aspect that concerns me whatsoever, is that it is likely to be windy - and if the game becomes a bit of a mess, Adelaide's big bodies around the ball may come right into play more.

Twodogs
09-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Go through your logic Ozza. I think we will win because we are a better team and I can't see how they handle all our forwards and still create enough run through the middle.

Ozza
09-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Go through your logic Ozza. I think we will win because we are a better team and I can't see how they handle all our forwards and still create enough run through the middle.

On a general note - I also think we are simply a better team than Adelaide and have been better during the season. And typically, regardless of what happens in the final round or two - a team's finals performance will reflect their overall home and away season performance. And we have been better against top 8 sides, than the Crows have.

But into more specifics.

Scoring - we don't rely on one or two goal kickers as much as Adelaide do through Tex, Jenkins and Betts. And I think we can create a number of match up headaches for their suspect backline. Crameri, Stringer, Redpath will be a handful for them. Talia had to play on Boyd last time - which left Stringer to rip the game apart on Hartigan. I'd like to see us play Boyd again, but doubt it will happen. But in any case, the way Stringer works up and back is not ideal for Talia. Adelaide are one of the worst defending sides once the ball gets inside their 50.

Defence - they found it really hard to score against us last time. And make no mistake, Adelaide were flying coming into our game. Boyd, JJ, Murph and Talia all got big numbers against them, and Wood took 10 marks. I think our half backs can dominate again. Morris didn't play last time. He'll be a plus, probably on Betts.

Midfield - Last time around, we got smashed in the hitouts, and beaten 43-34 in the clearances. If we can do better in the hit outs and square up the clearances (Wallis didn't play last time), then we are well placed.

Ground - It may not be our home ground, but Adelaide's record at the G' in recent years isn't flash.

I'm very confident we will win and that our top players will stand up.

LostDoggy
10-09-2015, 09:51 PM
I'm singing it........."14 wins just ain't enough"!!!