PDA

View Full Version : Bevo Coach of the Year

LostDoggy
30-09-2015, 12:04 AM
AFLCA have also voted Bevo coach of the year. Final votes:

365 - Bevo
305 - Simpson
116 - Lyon

This year we have AFLCA Coach of the Year, AFLCA Young Player of the Year (Bont), All Australian Captain (Murph) and U22 All Australian Captain (Package).

Not too bad.

LostDoggy
30-09-2015, 12:17 AM
AFLCA have also voted Bevo coach of the year. Final votes:

365 - Bevo
305 - Simpson
116 - Lyon

This year we have AFLCA Coach of the Year, AFLCA Young Player of the Year (Bont), All Australian Captain (Murph) and U22 All Australian Captain (Package).

Not too bad.

Incredible really when you think about it, what more do we have to do?

strebla
30-09-2015, 03:06 AM
Win a freakin flag!!!!!!!!

bulldogtragic
30-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Not bad a first year coach and a first year captain win so many awards. Well done to all.

bornadog
30-09-2015, 09:55 AM
AWARD RESULTS

Allan Jeans senior coach of the year

1. Luke Beveridge – Western Bulldogs (365 votes)
2. Adam Simpson – West Coast (305)
3. Ross Lyon – Fremantle (116)

Best young player

1. Marcus Bontempelli – Western Bulldogs (557 votes)
2. Patrick Cripps – Carlton (527)
3. Jeremy McGovern – West Coast (362)

Assistant coach of the year

1. Adam Kingsley – St Kilda (8.22 of a possible score of 10)
2. Danny Sexton – St Kilda (8.10)
3. Simon Goodwin – Melbourne (7.99)
4. Stuart Dew – Sydney (7.93)
5. Gavin Brown – North Melbourne (7.88)

AFLCA champion player of the year

1. Dan Hannebery – Sydney (101 votes)
2. Nat Fyfe – Fremantle (100)
3. Josh Kennedy – Sydney (87)
4. Matt Priddis – West Coast (75)
5. Andrew Gaff – West Coast (74)
6. Todd Goldstein – North Melbourne (73
7. David Mundy – Fremantle (73)

LostDoggy
30-09-2015, 12:01 PM
Congratulations Luke, well deserved. A major player in turning this team around.

bornadog
30-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Listen to him hear: https://audioboom.com/boos/3634648-luke-beveridge-on-morning-glory

ratsmac
30-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Alastair Clarkson stiff not to make the top 3. He's the best coach going around in my book.

ratsmac
30-09-2015, 06:41 PM
Alastair Clarkson stiff not to make the top 3. He's the best coach going around in my book.

Oh and congrats to Bevo BTW

LostDoggy
30-09-2015, 07:06 PM

Clarkson has never won coach of the year. Quite strange given he is odds on to become a 4 time premiership coach. Given the age of Hawthorns list, this may be the last year of their premiership window. The AFLCA would be quite embarrassed if he never wins one I reckon.

ratsmac
30-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Clarkson has never won coach of the year. Quite strange given he is odds on to become a 4 time premiership coach. Given the age of Hawthorns list, this may be the last year of their premiership window. The AFLCA would be quite embarrassed if he never wins one I reckon.

Wow, I did not know that. How on earth has he never won it??

I suppose Ross Lyon has won it with that boring brain dead style football though.

Anyway it's great to see Luke get recognition for the giant steps he has taken with our young list.

F'scary
30-09-2015, 07:52 PM
How long is he contracted for? I'm just waiting for the likes of Eddie to come poaching.

azabob
30-09-2015, 08:26 PM
How long is he contracted for? I'm just waiting for the likes of Eddie to come poaching.

Senior coaches are very very rarely poached. From memory the last one was Ross Lyon but i think that was more St.Kilda than Ross Lyon which led to that result. Before that, perhaps Terry Wallace, which didnt work out anyway.

ledge
30-09-2015, 10:20 PM
Senior coaches are very very rarely poached. From memory the last one was Ross Lyon but i think that was more St.Kilda than Ross Lyon which led to that result. Before that, perhaps Terry Wallace, which didnt work out anyway.

Something to do with the head of stkilda and an offered land deal and it fell through from memory, from that day it was the end

Scorlibo
30-09-2015, 10:30 PM
How is the assistant coach of the year award worked out?

azabob
30-09-2015, 10:32 PM
How is the assistant coach of the year award worked out?

I think the players at each club vote on who they believe is the best assistant at their club. Maths isnt my strong suit, so unsure how saints got the top two.

Ghost Dog
30-09-2015, 10:58 PM

Punches too many walls. Worries the PC brigade at AFL house. I would have thought holding the cup aloft would make you coach of the year, but depends what you start with I guess.

Congrats Bevo. We love having you and thanks for all you have done, Man of Mayhem.

Ghost Dog
30-09-2015, 11:02 PM

Punches too many walls. Worries the PC brigade at AFL house.

What's the point of the AFLCA champion player of the year?

LostDoggy
01-10-2015, 12:28 AM
Punches too many walls. Worries the PC brigade at AFL house.

What's the point of the AFLCA champion player of the year?

From what I understand, the award is voted on by other coaches. Nothing to do with AFL house.

I actually really like the format of the AFLCA player of the year. Every week, both coaches give 5-4-3-2-1 votes every game, released weekly. So 10 votes available for an outstanding performance. I find them worth a look, arguably most credible award in the game.

westdog54
01-10-2015, 09:08 AM
From what I understand, the award is voted on by other coaches. Nothing to do with AFL house.

I actually really like the format of the AFLCA player of the year. Every week, both coaches give 5-4-3-2-1 votes every game, released weekly. So 10 votes available for an outstanding performance. I find them worth a look, arguably most credible award in the game.

EASILY the most credible award in the game. Voted on by the only blokes who are always paying attention to everything that's happening.

You know a player has torn a game apart when he gets the 10. Both coaches have acknowledged that he was the best player on the ground.

bornadog
01-10-2015, 11:03 AM
Here is the acceptance speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=6&v=Mj_6iUF31oA

Twodogs
01-10-2015, 11:43 AM
Obviously Bevo didn't think he was a chance or he may have shaved!

Geez Anthony Hudson has got a huge head.

LostDoggy
16-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Anyone seen Bevo movember effort.

Outstanding.

Makes him look like an Underbelly-stye colourful Sydney identity of the 80s, reminds me of the Bryan Brown character in Two Hands.

Twodogs
16-11-2015, 04:45 PM
Anyone seen Bevo movember effort.

Outstanding.

Makes him look like an Underbelly-stye colourful Sydney identity of the 80s, reminds me of the Bryan Brown character in Two Hands.

"Colourful racing indentity Luke Beveridge has been honoured with the AFLPA's Coach of the Year award"

"It is understood that 44 yo Beveridge visited every AFL listed player and made each of them an offer they couldn't refuse"

F'scary
16-11-2015, 09:31 PM
Bevo's Movember effort makes him look a bit like the drummer from Spinal Tap, Derek Smalls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Smalls#/media/File:Derek_Smalls.jpg

Twodogs
16-11-2015, 10:10 PM
Bevo's Movember effort makes him look a bit like the drummer from Spinal Tap, Derek Smalls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Smalls#/media/File:Derek_Smalls.jpg

Is Derek the one who choked on vomit, but they weren't sure who's vomit it was "because you can't dust vomit for fingerprints?"

F'scary
16-11-2015, 10:19 PM
Is Derek the one who choked on vomit, but they weren't sure who's vomit it was "because you can't dust vomit for fingerprints?"

That was one of their long line of drummers who all died in mysterious rock 'n' roll circumstances.

Derek is the bass player.

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Movie-Mustaches-Spinal-Tap-Harry-Shearer.jpg

Twodogs
16-11-2015, 11:39 PM
That was one of their long line of drummers who all died in mysterious rock 'n' roll circumstances.

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Movie-Mustaches-Spinal-Tap-Harry-Shearer.jpg

One if their drummers internally combusted and exploded on stage one night too IIRC.

Remi Moses
16-11-2015, 11:47 PM
It's a bit chopper Read

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
18-11-2015, 07:31 PM

Didn't he get caught at customs with the cucumber?

Greystache
18-11-2015, 08:13 PM

And also Mr Burns, amongst many others.

F'scary
18-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Didn't he get caught at customs with the cucumber?

I don't know how he thought he was going to get it through customs with it shoved down the front of his extremely tight jeans.