PDA

View Full Version : When will it be our turn?

Eastdog
04-10-2015, 06:51 PM
Quite frankly I'm getting a bit sick of the Hawks winning nearly every year. I'm hoping soon we make it and then I'll be able to hang Bulldog stuff outside my house leading up to the GF. There supporters do not know what long suffering is and they always seem to win the big ones. I'm hoping the Dogs next can have a dynasty. What do you woofers make of this time of year?

Twodogs
04-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Quite frankly I'm getting a bit sick of the Hawks winning nearly every year. I'm hoping soon we make it and then I'll be able to hang Bulldog stuff outside my house leading up to the GF. There supporters do not know what long suffering is and they always seem to win the big ones. I'm hoping the Dogs next can have a dynasty. What do you woofers make of this time of year?

I always enjoy the lead in to the Spring carnival.

Hotdog60
04-10-2015, 08:01 PM
It's the time of year that I either suspend Foxtel or let my son have the movie channel.

AndrewP6
04-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Tune in to trade week, tune out otherwise. I hate horse racing, so thats not an option.

EasternWest
04-10-2015, 09:05 PM
When we make it our turn.

Pickenitup
04-10-2015, 09:14 PM
Next year!

Ghost Dog
04-10-2015, 10:42 PM
When we play better than Hawks did.

1eyedog
04-10-2015, 11:06 PM
I think we can win it next year but I would be stoked just to make it!

Ghost Dog
05-10-2015, 04:37 AM
It will be good for our boys to watch that. Hodge kicking bananas from the boundary. Brian Lake cutting off everything. Frawley monstering their talls. We need to be THAT good.

Murphy'sLore
05-10-2015, 09:00 AM
Strive for greatness!
It's the time of year I switch the radio permanently from SEN to Radio National.

w3design
05-10-2015, 06:42 PM
Still feeling great about our improvement this year, and we did beat the runner up once. Looking fwd to trade week and some hopefully ruck/ tall surprises.

Sedat
06-10-2015, 12:07 AM
Brian Lake cutting off everything.
We saw plenty of that in a Dogs jumper, until someone saw fit to try and transform one of the elite defenders of the competition into a forward.

LostDoggy
06-10-2015, 11:35 AM

If I wanted to see a flag every few years, sure, I'd barrack for the Hawks. I know it's tough, we all feel it, but that's what makes being a Bulldog what it is. When we finally win one, we'll show those Hawkers how the partying is done.

I do think we'll win one. We just have to do it totally against the grain. That's more rewarding, in my book. The "Miracle On Ice" isn't spoken about so reverently because the USA were favourites.

Eastdog
06-10-2015, 12:47 PM
Yes very true BAS. Being a Bulldog is character building. We all love this club and membership should be up for us regardless of whether we are going good or not.

LostDoggy
06-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Agree with this. Watching the smug, controlled Hawthorn celebrations post-GF was actually boring. Was like a Xmas party at a medium sized suburban accounting firm. If that's as good as it gets as a Hawks fan, I'll take the years of anxiety and heartache for that one glorious explosion that is surely coming (and a few more to follow).

Twodogs
06-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Agree with this. Watching the smug, controlled Hawthorn celebrations post-GF was actually boring. Was like a Xmas party at a medium sized suburban accounting firm. If that's as good as it gets as a Hawks fan, I'll take the years of anxiety and heartache for that one glorious explosion that is surely coming (and a few more to follow).

I thought it was supervised more like a kid's party where everyone got a prize.

Sedat
06-10-2015, 02:44 PM
I went with a couple of Hawthorn mates to Glenferrie after they won the 1991 flag - I've been to more heavily populated and boisterous BBQ's in the backyard.

LostDoggy
07-10-2015, 01:23 AM

You've never seen accountants drink? ;-)

merantau
14-10-2015, 09:24 PM
Emotionally, barracking for Hawthorn must be a bit like living your life doped up on Zoloft or Valium. "Ho hum ... we won another game. Oh goody, we won the flag again." Uhm, we're only 10 goals in front at half time - this could go down to the wire."
Barracking for the Dogs is both emotionally bruising and emotionally uplifting. You live life on a heightened emotional plane. The joy of an unexpected victory, the despair of a shock loss, the glorious uncertainty of never being 100% sure of anything means you live life on a knife edge.

Be that as it may, in 2016, I am looking forward to an ice-breaker of a season when we smash everything that's put in front of us.

Go Dogs - we are in a good place now and we are heading to a better place next year. And when we climb the mountain and all others are beneath us the view will be so sublime, the feeling of joy will be so intense, that all past suffering will be as significant as a solitary grain of sand plucked from one of the beaches of the earth. BELIEVE! Our time is near.

BulldogBelle
14-10-2015, 11:16 PM
Emotionally, barracking for Hawthorn must be a bit like living your life doped up on Zoloft or Valium. "Ho hum ... we won another game. Oh goody, we won the flag again." Uhm, we're only 10 goals in front at half time - this could go down to the wire."
Barracking for the Dogs is both emotionally bruising and emotionally uplifting. You live life on a heightened emotional plane. The joy of an unexpected victory, the despair of a shock loss, the glorious uncertainty of never being 100% sure of anything means you live life on a knife edge.

Be that as it may, in 2016, I am looking forward to an ice-breaker of a season when we smash everything that's put in front of us.

Go Dogs - we are in a good place now and we are heading to a better place next year. And when we climb the mountain and all others are beneath us the view will be so sublime, the feeling of joy will be so intense, that all past suffering will be as significant as a solitary grain of sand plucked from one of the beaches of the earth. BELIEVE! Our time is near.

You have got me convinced!

Looking forward to ride that awaits us.