PDA

View Full Version : Hype Builds On Adams, the Bulldogs 'Specimen'

LostDoggy
11-12-2015, 10:52 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-11/hype-builds-on-adams-the-bulldogs-specimen

What a headline. Thankfully doesn't seem the type to be getting too carried away with it all.

w3design
11-12-2015, 11:10 PM
Who would have thought that this guy was the brother of Luke Adams.. A guy I sincerely prayed for every single night in the hope that one day he would come off his life support and live a healthy normal life again..
It's an honour to have his brother at our club..
I take my hat off to any family that can survive a tragedy of this nature.. Welcome to our family you beautiful soul.. And like I prayed for Luke.. I will pray that you feel comfortable and at home at the kennel.. Big hugs

bulldogtragic
11-12-2015, 11:15 PM
So Brian Taylor next year will be calling 'the specimen kicks it long to the package'.

w3design
11-12-2015, 11:17 PM
You know what comes to mind when people say 'the package'?

bulldogtragic
11-12-2015, 11:18 PM

Me?? :D

w3design
11-12-2015, 11:34 PM
How about..
To Murphy.. To the package then the specimen who shoots right through the middle for a goal :)

BulldogBelle
12-12-2015, 07:39 AM

I think you usually get the speciemen from the package.

bulldogtragic
12-12-2015, 09:21 AM
I think you usually get the speciemen from the package.

So we need to avoid a defensive match up by an opposition player known as 'the snip'.

LostDoggy
12-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Pretty sure the plan will require Wood to get the Specimen to the Package (I'll leave now)

(OK names for thread progression; Biggs, Dahl).

(Names to be avoided; Adcock, Suckling, Bob, Dunkley, (especially) Roughead).

1eyedog
12-12-2015, 10:28 AM
I'm struggling to see anyone beating us next year :D
Get ready for an 8 year domination of the AFL

BulldogBelle
12-12-2015, 10:50 AM
Pretty sure the plan will require Wood to get the Specimen to the Package (I'll leave now)

(OK names for thread progression; Biggs, Dahl).

(Names to be avoided; Adcock, Suckling, Bob, Dunkley, (especially) Roughead).

l did not think that far ahead - things are looking up.:o

hujsh
12-12-2015, 12:19 PM

Not the curse of the Malthouse!

F'scary
12-12-2015, 01:28 PM
The Specimen is a long way from home, a long way from his brother. I hope this works out - how often can he get home for a family visit?

w3design
12-12-2015, 01:56 PM
The Specimen is a long way from home, a long way from his brother. I hope this works out - how often can he get home for a family visit?

Good support from family and friends back home
And the welcoming arms of a beautiful coach like Luke Beveridge is all a player needs to feel like he has family around him at all times.

Luke announced at social club night that he had players staying with him and his family at the time as they settle in.. Some waiting to move into properties that were purchased in spotswood

A good club looks after its players...
All of you that growled at Griff for exiting the way he did, you forgot who was coaching him at the time... A man that NEVER played afl footy but had the gift of the gab..
Good luck to all our new recruits... You're a part of our family now :)

Twodogs
12-12-2015, 02:44 PM
The Package:

Twodogs
12-12-2015, 02:46 PM
The Package:

That's too small. How do I make it bigger. The original I copied from FB was big enough to read why isn't that one?

LostDoggy
12-12-2015, 02:51 PM
If you click on Attachment 712 on the quoted post, you can read it okay.

Good graphic too :)

w3design
12-12-2015, 03:48 PM
No

Stringer :)

Twodogs
12-12-2015, 06:08 PM
If you click on Attachment 712 on the quoted post, you can read it okay.

Good graphic too :)

Cool. Cool cool cool.

F'scary
12-12-2015, 06:42 PM
Good support from family and friends back home
And the welcoming arms of a beautiful coach like Luke Beveridge is all a player needs to feel like he has family around him at all times.

Luke announced at social club night that he had players staying with him and his family at the time as they settle in.. Some waiting to move into properties that were purchased in spotswood

A good club looks after its players...
All of you that growled at Griff for exiting the way he did, you forgot who was coaching him at the time... A man that NEVER played afl footy but had the gift of the gab..
Good luck to all our new recruits... You're a part of our family now :)

I suppose if he quickly cements a spot in the first 22 and is earning good $$$ that should help. Maybe if his brother and other close relatives and friends can fly over and stay with him every so often, come and see him play - perhaps this is where the player welfare officer can assist.

Dancin' Douggy
12-12-2015, 07:02 PM
The Package:

Awesome....and true.

BornInDroopSt'54
12-12-2015, 09:56 PM

Especially when we unleash the Specimen on the unsuspecting football world. It will be like when we unleashed Andrew Purser into a good developing squad, only better.

LostDoggy
12-12-2015, 10:35 PM
Especially when we unleash the Specimen on the unsuspecting football world. It will be like when we unleashed Andrew Purser into a good developing squad, only better.

Possibly more of a 'Jumpin Jimmy Sewell, another WA import from the same era who could cover any of the key posts from full back to centre half forward.

BornInDroopSt'54
12-12-2015, 11:30 PM
Possibly more of a 'Jumpin Jimmy Sewell, another WA import from the same era who could cover any of the key posts from full back to centre half forward.

Yes like Jumpin Jimmy 'how good is this bloke and where did he come from' Sewell.

josie
13-12-2015, 12:12 AM
Attended Xmas training session yesterday and noted when signing autographs on boundary how Adams was kneeling to be on same eye level as kiddies. Seems like a genuinely nice bloke with a beaut beaming smile. Already a favourite with me.

KT31
14-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Attended Xmas training session yesterday and noted when signing autographs on boundary how Adams was kneeling to be on same eye level as kiddies. Seems like a genuinely nice bloke with a beaut beaming smile. Already a favourite with me.

Believe he does the same thing when talking to Caleb Daniel.:D