PDA

View Full Version : Fun Facts :)

bulldogtragic
13-01-2016, 11:46 PM
Fact: Essendon is officially a proven drug cheating club, with drug cheating administrators/staff and unwittingly somewhat drug cheating players.

We can't get (successfully) sued now, it is now a fact in the history of their club and the VFL/AFL history. Like their cousin Carlton, a salary cap cheating club. They can fight for the right to who holds the official title of 'The Cheats'.

Just to be sure I'm clear. Essendon. Are. A drug cheating club.

So who should own the title of 'The Cheats'?

bornadog
14-01-2016, 12:03 AM
No coincidence the two clubs I have despised all my life to be the biggest cheats in AFL history. They didn't win all those premierships by not cheating.

LostDoggy
14-01-2016, 12:11 AM
Close call, but I'm still going for the long term champs. Its even written on their guernseys; CFC - cheats f'n cheats.

Bummers can be the drug cheats, but one era led by a narcissist sociopath can't quite match a decades long ingrained institutional cheating mentality.

Twodogs
14-01-2016, 12:13 AM
No coincidence the two clubs I have despised all my life to be the biggest cheats in AFL history. They didn't win all those premierships by not cheating.

And Essendon still reckon we tried to cheat in the Champions of Victiria (a title we still hold) match in 1924.

SonofScray
14-01-2016, 12:40 AM
EFC have now cheated and been caught across PEDs and the salary cap. They should be deregistered. Anyone who follows them is a person of poor character.

Mofra
14-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Essendon - over the salary cap in 2003, awarded a premiership despite not playing a Grand Final nor being the best team in Victoria in 1924, now the drug scandal.

It took a lot to knock Carlton off the perch but by golly they've done it.

Greystache
14-01-2016, 12:09 PM
Both teams are utterly shithouse in the modern era, coincidence??

Greystache
14-01-2016, 12:20 PM
Will Brent Stanton add to his 248 games without ever winning a final? This suspension could keep him out of the record books, will this be taken into consideration when the law suits start?

Sedat
14-01-2016, 12:27 PM
EFC have now cheated and been caught across PEDs and the salary cap. They should be deregistered. Anyone who follows them is a person of poor character.
Only team in AFL history to win a premiership in a year that they breached the salary cap (1993).

There is no bigger shit-stain on the game than this club, despite the stiff competition from Carlton, Collingwood and newcomers West Coke.

Ghost Dog
14-01-2016, 01:13 PM

Lol. My Dad follows them. He just laughs at all this now. A lot of good working people follow Essendon and they are no different to us.

bornadog
14-01-2016, 02:31 PM
Lol. My Dad follows them. He just laughs at all this now. A lot of good working people follow Essendon and they are no different to us.

Essendon supporters are very different to us. They are arrogant as well as the biggest whinging team when free kicks are not paid.

Twodogs
14-01-2016, 07:16 PM
I love taunting Essendon supporters. They get very worked up.

SonofScray
14-01-2016, 07:43 PM

I'm not going to bad mouth your Dad GD, despite that admission he has a serious character flaw. Essendon's fan base are nouveau riche, bourgeoisie rat bags. It is no coincidence that this specific scum bag club tried to cheat everyone and then indignantly expected us to all just get on with it and let them walk away.

It'll be sickening watching the 'heroes journey' narrative build up in the media over the short and medium term. They should be deregistered, despite Kevin Hillier's comments on SEN today. The most shameful comments made by a Bulldog man on the topic to date.

Ghost Dog
14-01-2016, 08:23 PM
SOS you can never be accused of sitting on the fence. I love your commitment to the cause.
I guess there are varying levels of evil, with politicians, religious zealots and then there are Essendon supporters.

My Dad would most def not been among the 700 that turned up at Windy hill to cheer what remains of their list onto the park.
In South West Vic, or country vic, you get a lot of AFL fans but they have lives and they don't name their kids 'Jobe' or anything like that.
In my experience that tends to be a suburban phenomenon. I've been to some scary BBQ's in Moonee Ponds or Reservoir with Essendon fans who were pretty much rabid.
In short, my Dad is the nicest, warmest bloke and grew up in different world, where you could support your team and still be a gentleman about it. He loves sitting at the footy and talking to whoever is beside him. There are lots of AFL fans like this.

Essendon have had a lot of odd characters on their list - much like Richmond. If our list was as ungainly, unsightly and odd as theirs, surrounded as it is by syncophants and mis-shaped, overblown egos, I would probably change teams.
Essendon, Carlton, Richmond - the biggest stuffed egos with ungainly lists that smack of experiments gone wrong.

LostDoggy
14-01-2016, 08:36 PM
Fact: Essendon is officially a proven drug cheating club, with drug cheating administrators/staff and unwittingly somewhat drug cheating players.

We can't get (successfully) sued now, it is now a fact in the history of their club and the VFL/AFL history. Like their cousin Carlton, a salary cap cheating club. They can fight for the right to who holds the official title of 'The Cheats'.

Just to be sure I'm clear. Essendon. Are. A drug cheating club.

So who should own the title of 'The Cheats'?

Both of them. Equally.

chef
14-01-2016, 08:53 PM
Anyone who follows them is a person of poor character.

Sorry but thats just crap.

SonofScray
15-01-2016, 09:44 AM
chef, while true, what you have posted here is not a fun fact.
Sorry but thats just crap.

Essendon really have been treated gently when you consider that they've broken two pillars of what we love in a fair sporting contest. we're usually more harsh on salary cap cheats and thy are very lucky we are hypocrites when it comes to drugs in sport.

Bulldog4life
15-01-2016, 10:04 AM
I love taunting Essendon supporters. They get very worked up.

There is literally no comeback if a supporter is taunted about supporting Essendon. They are proven drug cheats and liars. Without question. They also did try to stop us getting into the VFL in 1924 through lies and deception. Their chickens have come back to roost.

bulldogtragic
15-01-2016, 10:12 AM
There is literally no comeback if a supporter is taunted about supporting Essendon. They are proven drug cheats and liars. Without question. They also did try to stop us getting into the VFL in 1924 through lies and deception. Their chickens have come back to roost.

They probably will though. I'm not sure how WD54 sees it, but in a past life I found the worst behaved, abusive and physically aggressive people at the footy were clearly Essendon fans, much worse than anyone else.

Bulldog4life
15-01-2016, 10:16 AM
They probably will though. I'm not sure how WD54 sees it, but in a past life I found the worst behaved, abusive and physically aggressive people at the footy were clearly Essendon fans, much worse than anyone else.

True BT. Although I have had my run ins with a few North supporters over the years.

bulldogtragic
15-01-2016, 10:28 AM
True BT. Although I have had my run ins with a few North supporters over the years.

I think every scuffle I had to get involved in to stop punch ups, we're all Essendon. I recall one where two of had to split up 6 blokes punching on, we had several in hugs trying move split them, pushing and stopping their punches landing, and yet another Essendon fan started abusing the Sergeant and me get out of FN way because he couldn't see and we were in the way.....

But as for north, one game off duty, this massive meathead threatened to punch three young women. I was sitting next to them and getting worried about how I'd have to protect them being 1/3 this blokes size. Luckily when he made a loud threat saying he was a boxer and would harm them 6 other blokes a few rows back said he if he didn't stop they'd come down. And his team was winning, easily.

I don't understand why people go to the footy to engage in violence or threatening behaviour. I'm sure there was back in Western Oval days, but growing up at the ground I honestly didn't see any of this behaviour. The closest I recall was a 'black bomber' security guard who seriously coat hangered a 10 yo kid running onto the ground early, and a large contingent of adults including my old man arked up very spritely at this dickhead for flogging a little kid.

bornadog
15-01-2016, 10:51 AM
I think every scuffle I had to get involved in to stop punch ups, we're all Essendon. I recall one where two of had to split up 6 blokes punching on, we had several in hugs trying move split them, pushing and stopping their punches landing, and yet another Essendon fan started abusing the Sergeant and me get out of FN way because he couldn't see and we were in the way.....

But as for north, one game off duty, this massive meathead threatened to punch three young women. I was sitting next to them and getting worried about how I'd have to protect them being 1/3 this blokes size. Luckily when he made a loud threat saying he was a boxer and would harm them 6 other blokes a few rows back said he if he didn't stop they'd come down. And his team was winning, easily.

I don't understand why people go to the footy to engage in violence or threatening behaviour. I'm sure there was back in Western Oval days, but growing up at the ground I honestly didn't see any of this behaviour. The closest I recall was a 'black bomber' security guard who seriously coat hangered a 10 yo kid running onto the ground early, and a large contingent of adults including my old man arked up very spritely at this dickhead for flogging a little kid.

The great thing about our game is the very very small percentage of supporters fighting. I do recall a few blues in the past when I was a kid going to Western Oval, but these days nothing in it.

In the early 1980's we were playing North at Arden st and we lost. As we walked out the ground a bunch of North supporters starting taunting us, and one of my mates, who was normally quiet placid but had a few drinks that day, lost it. Next thing he was on top of one of these guys punching the hell out of him. We were shocked, but quickly broke it up. He was yelling at these guys saying things like the VFL handed them premierships, and they were a nothing team and lucky to be in the VFL. :D

Eastdog
17-01-2016, 05:28 PM
Essendon supporters are very different to us. They are arrogant as well as the biggest whinging team when free kicks are not paid.

Yep agree the are geographically local to us but they are as you said different types.

KT31
18-01-2016, 10:14 AM
Only team in AFL history to win a premiership in a year that they breached the salary cap (1993).

Only proven one.

Ghost Dog
19-01-2016, 04:25 AM
I don't meet too many Carlton supporters who freely admit they were cheats. I call my Blues mates cheats and they laugh. Call an Essendon fan that and they are liable to go the knuckle.

LostDoggy
19-01-2016, 02:40 PM
I don't meet too many Carlton supporters who freely admit they were cheats. I call my Blues mates cheats and they laugh. Call an Essendon fan that and they are liable to go the knuckle.
Or squeal and scream like wild Banshee's.

Love stirring my Essendumb work colleagues up at work.
There's nothing funnier then seeing them almost blow up about the fact that their Shitstained club are a disgrace to all sporting codes in this country.

ledge
19-01-2016, 05:16 PM
Ask the Essendon supporters if they watched the interview the other night, most didn't and aren't interested, they have no defence now and just run into a corner and sulk.

LostDoggy
19-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Ask the Essendon supporters if they watched the interview the other night, most didn't and aren't interested, they have no defence now and just run into a corner and sulk.

While rocking back and forth in the foetal position ;)

westdog54
19-01-2016, 08:17 PM

North Melbourne in my experience.

KT31
20-01-2016, 10:46 AM

I agree with you BT, they were especially feral when they played at Windy Hill.

Twodogs
21-01-2016, 02:56 AM
I agree with you BT, they were especially feral when they played at Windy Hill.

Oh yeah. It was awful there. Like a big pub where everyone was obnoxiously drunk.