PDA

View Full Version : AFLPA top 50

LostDoggy
02-03-2016, 12:57 PM
The Players Association have done a poll to rate the Players' best 50.

So far they have released players 31-50, with 3 Dogs to date making the list; Bontempelli at 48, Stringer at 37 and Murphy at 31.

Mofra
02-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Would anyone else be a chance of making the list? Wood is our B&F but not sure of his status among the players.
Libba coming off injury wouldn't;t make the list, surely?

LostDoggy
02-03-2016, 01:40 PM
The AFLPA loves Murphy. I would be rating him fourth on our list behind Bonti, Libba and Stringer.

I don't think anyone else would make the list. Libba, Wood and Dahlhaus maybe, but I highly doubt it.

LostDoggy
02-03-2016, 01:43 PM
Agree. Doubt anyone goes in ahead of Bont, Stringer and Murph based on current form. Wood the only one with a sneaky chance for mine.

Webby
02-03-2016, 02:25 PM
I'd have Wood in our top three footballers - alongside Murphy and Bontempelli. Wood's season last year legitimately qualifies him as a star of the AFL.

Based on potential, Stringer is arguably the most exciting player in the AFL. However he's not there yet. Libya was a b&f in an ordinary year, and we're yet to see how he's gotten over his knee.

Murphy and the Bont are simply jets who win and use the ball beautifully.

If Libba can get back to a level where he's in our best four players this year and T Boyd can play at a level where he's in our best ten, we'll go into 2017 (with Crameri's return) as a premiership fancy. This is a big set up year for us. Hopefully we can win a final, but 2017-19 are our years.

Mantis
02-03-2016, 02:36 PM
I stopped looking at the list when they had Bont at 48 and Bernie '*!*!*!*!ING' Vince at 47.. In what world is Vince a better player than the Bont?

Bulldog Joe
02-03-2016, 03:02 PM
I stopped looking at the list when they had Bont at 48 and Bernie '*!*!*!*!ING' Vince at 47.. In what world is Vince a better player than the Bont?

Clearly the actual players have little knowledge outside their own team. Perhaps they are being groomed to work in the media;)

LostDoggy
02-03-2016, 03:31 PM

That's true. The players do probably vote on factors other than pure quality in some cases. A mid-20s moderate talent who wound up stuck at Melbourne will probably elicit more sympathy votes than a 19 year old 192 cm midfield beast that scares the crap out of 17 other clubs.

1eyedog
03-03-2016, 01:32 AM
I'd have Wood in our top three footballers - alongside Murphy and Bontempelli. Wood's season last year legitimately qualifies him as a star of the AFL.

Based on potential, Stringer is arguably the most exciting player in the AFL. However he's not there yet. Libya was a b&f in an ordinary year, and we're yet to see how he's gotten over his knee.

Murphy and the Bont are simply jets who win and use the ball beautifully.

If Libba can get back to a level where he's in our best four players this year and T Boyd can play at a level where he's in our best ten, we'll go into 2017 (with Crameri's return) as a premiership fancy. This is a big set up year for us. Hopefully we can win a final, but 2017-19 are our years.

Agreed but another preseason under their belts and another two dozen games and look out whoever we meet in that final this year.

F'scary
03-03-2016, 08:19 AM

Yeah, let's trade Bont for Vince.