St Kilda v Western Bulldogs Etihad Stadium 7.25pm

Fremantle v Gold Coast Suns Subiaco Oval 7.40pm

Sun April 3

GWS Giants v Geelong StarTrack Oval 1.10pm

Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles MCG 3.20pm

Carlton v Sydney Swans Etihad Stadium 4.40pm

ledge
31-03-2016, 06:22 PM
Interesting round, every side that won is playing a side that lost in the first round.
Rich v Coll .. The Adam Treloar cup.
Big names out for both sides, think I will go with the pies.

Greystache
31-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Thrilled to see Richmond and Collingwood for a change on a Friday night, we only get to see a combination of those two teams 15 times this year. Wooo!

GVGjr
31-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Adelaide vs Port is a great game and I'm interested to see how the the Freo vs Suns game goes.

chef
31-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Im looking forward to friday night and how the Pies respond.

LostDoggy
31-03-2016, 08:23 PM
I'm looking forward to see if West Coke can hammer the Dawks and inflict some more injury pain on them. ;)

Go_Dogs
31-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Expect it to be a good round. The Showdown, Fremantle v Suns and Hawks v West Coast should all be good battles.

Remi Moses
31-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Why not have Port play the crows Friday night?
This whole contrived crap fixture is just rubbish

Flamethrower
31-03-2016, 09:30 PM
Why not have Port play the crows Friday night?
This whole contrived crap fixture is just rubbish

I agree....would love to watch a Showdown or Derby on a Friday night.

Tough round to tip - only Sydney and maybe Melbourne are clear favourites. Freo should win, but only if they can keep the Suns to 4 goals or less.

Eastdog
01-04-2016, 03:23 PM
My brother is a Pies fan so his hoping the do better tonight compared to last week.

Eastdog
01-04-2016, 03:24 PM
Thrilled to see Richmond and Collingwood for a change on a Friday night, we only get to see a combination of those two teams 15 times this year. Wooo!

At least this year we are going to be featured a bit more on Friday night.

Eastdog
01-04-2016, 03:25 PM
I'm looking forward to see if West Coke can hammer the Dawks and inflict some more injury pain on them. ;)

That would be good :) They have been too high and mighty for too long now.

1eyedog
01-04-2016, 06:27 PM
That would be good :) They have been too high and mighty for too long now.

True. But we want them beat up a bit for next week.

Eastdog
01-04-2016, 07:34 PM
True. But we want them beat up a bit for next week.

Good point. Luke Hodge won't be playing.

chef
01-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Gee the AFL can be stupid. Its bad enough theres no clash jumper tonight, but having a team thats black and yellow wear the white shorts against a team in black and white its just so ridiculous.

GVGjr
01-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Tonight's game is of a poor standard. The AFL have to find a better formula for allocating Friday night games.

F'scary
01-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Both teams (Coll, Rich) are hesitant and unadventurous. When someone makes a move, it is as a pioneer. There is no support.

We can totally annihilate sides like these.

Eastdog
01-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Tonight's game is of a poor standard. The AFL have to find a better formula for allocating Friday night games.

I feel that regardless of how teams are going the Friday night time slot needs to be shared much more. Every club should at least get the opportunity in the season to play on Friday night a time slot where a big audience out there is tuning in. What do you reckon GVG? Of course the AFL will only do something when there are $$$ involved.

Greystache
01-04-2016, 10:11 PM

The AFL mistakenly believe they're huge clubs and that automatically means $$$, when actually having the same poor teams week in week out just means neutrals lose interest in watching anything but their own teams, and neutrals are where the $$$ actually lie for Friday night footy.

The current AFL leadership are creating the perfect strategy for killing your brand in the furious pursuit of short term returns. They have no idea.

bulldogtragic
01-04-2016, 10:15 PM
The AFL mistakenly believe they're huge clubs and that automatically means $$$, when actually having the same poor teams week in week out just means neutrals lose interest in watching anything but their own teams, and neutrals are where the $$$ actually lie for Friday night footy.

The current AFL leadership are creating the perfect strategy for killing your brand in the furious pursuit of short term returns. They have no idea.

Yep, they're drunk on stupidity. And loving it.

GVGjr
01-04-2016, 10:41 PM
Well the standard improved in that quarter. Might be a good finish

GVGjr
01-04-2016, 10:42 PM
Both teams (Coll, Rich) are hesitant and unadventurous. When someone makes a move, it is as a pioneer. There is no support.

We can totally annihilate sides like these.

It's a good point that you make and probably what separates us form the more average side.

Greystache
01-04-2016, 11:20 PM
It's a good point that you make and probably what separates us form the more average side.

A close finish is all this game might have to offer

GVGjr
01-04-2016, 11:21 PM
Unbelieveable result tonight.

chef
01-04-2016, 11:25 PM
What a cracking second half.

So Richmond.;)

Eastdog
01-04-2016, 11:29 PM
Just dreaming: I hope when we do win our next prelim it I'll be more comfortable but you can imagine a last minute freakish goal from Jake Stringer to put us in our first GF since 61 would be fantastic and if it was against someone like Richmond even more sweeter.

ledge
01-04-2016, 11:44 PM
Terrible game , more errors than you could count, Our side at the moment would kill these two and make them Look VFL standard.
Actually st Kilda would even smash these two with young kids being played.
I think these teams are playing a two year old game plan.

bornadog
01-04-2016, 11:55 PM
Terrible game , more errors than you could count, Our side at the moment would kill these two and make them Look VFL standard.
Actually st Kilda would even smash these two with young kids being played.
I think these teams are playing a two year old game plan.

Poor ball movement wasn't it.

jeemak
02-04-2016, 12:30 AM
Just wait for the middle of the year, or even still, just wait until 7:30pm tomorrow. We're not going to have it our own way all the time and that's going to start tomorrow night.

I'm preparing myself for an ordinary game.

Remi Moses
02-04-2016, 04:39 AM
God awful game , and Richmond threw it away .
5 min to go and 17 up you shouldn't be losing .
Treloar was sensational in the last and that's the best game I've seen for a long time from Fasolo .
I won't be giving that vermin any oxygen for that banner they put up.

The Underdog
02-04-2016, 08:31 AM
Just wait for the middle of the year, or even still, just wait until 7:30pm tomorrow. We're not going to have it our own way all the time and that's going to start tomorrow night.

I'm so scared of all this Riewoldt 300 hoopla and hyperbole. May have to watch from home, behind the couch.

I'm forever scarred by the Glen Archer 300th though...

merantau
02-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Richmond's kicking for goal - there's a message there for us.

GVGjr
02-04-2016, 09:30 AM
Richmond's kicking for goal - there's a message there for us.

It's a shame but I don't think many are listening. Twodogs mentioned the other day that it's across the AFL and there might be something to that.

azabob
02-04-2016, 10:46 AM

Same Jeemak. It will be an inside slug fest. With the winner kicking ten goals and only wining by a goal and a half

bornadog
02-04-2016, 10:47 AM
Same Jeemak. It will be an inside slug fest. With the winner kicking ten goals and only wining by a goal and a half

As long as we win.

I don't think The Saints play that way any more. Last week Ross Lyon tried that in the second and third quarter, but in the end we broke that up as they couldn't sustain it.

If you look at The Saints playing style, it is more open and a bit like ours but they don't have the skill set in their younger players to pull it off. However, I am still a little worried about Bruce and McCartin's marking power. We have to go the spoil and not try and out mark these guys.

Ghost Dog
02-04-2016, 10:55 AM
As long as we win.

I don't think The Saints play that way any more. Last week Ross Lyon tried that in the second and third quarter, but in the end we broke that up as they couldn't sustain it.

If you look at The Saints playing style, it is more open and a bit like ours but they don't have the skill set in their younger players to pull it off. However, I am still a little worried about Bruce and McCartin's marking power. We have to go the spoil and not try and out mark these guys.
Couldn't sustain it or couldn't kick properly? I re-watched the game and if I was a bookie, I would have sworn their backs were on the take. Passing to three ( Bulldog ) on one contests out of the back square! They made it very easy for us for the first half of the game. Thanks Ross.

SonofScray
02-04-2016, 11:00 AM
Irony of the UPF "GO PIES - STOP THE MOSQUES" was the fact that these guys who are proud, defenders of our white Australian heritage and culture broke one of the main Australian-isms..... "don't mix sport and politics."

bornadog
02-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Couldn't sustain it or couldn't kick properly? I re-watched the game and if I was a bookie, I would have sworn their backs were on the take. Passing to three ( Bulldog ) on one contests out of the back square! They made it very easy for us for the first half of the game. Thanks Ross.

That is why Live Football will always give you the true picture. In the 2nd and 3rd quarters, Freo pushed all 22 players on the ball to try and stifle our game plan and let us run free. There were times when 3/4 of the ground was empty. I was reminded of the Saints in 2009 with Lyon coaching.

F'scary
02-04-2016, 11:30 AM
That is why Live Football will always give you the true picture. In the 2nd and 3rd quarters, Freo pushed all 22 players on the ball to try and stifle our game plan and let us run free. There were times when 3/4 of the ground was empty. I was reminded of the Saints in 2009 with Lyon coaching.

If we had kicked more accurately in the 2nd and 3rd, we would have kept powering ahead. That was the only reason why those quarters were closer, scoring-wise, imo.

lemmon
02-04-2016, 12:53 PM

Not so sure that was a 'Lyon' tactic as much as it just being a reality of modern football. The majority of sides put in the same position would have responded in the same way

Ghost Dog
02-04-2016, 01:05 PM
Thanks BAD. Yep you are right. The times I go to games when I am in Australia, I sense 'wow you miss so much'.
One day I hope they have a subscription option where you can choose the camera angle.

So basically you are saying if the other team is scoring fast and moving quickly, swamp the ball area.

Dancin' Douggy
02-04-2016, 01:43 PM
Does anyone else think Richmond are crap? And have a lot of dodgy players who wouldn't get a game with the Bulldogs?

And that the once feared yellow sash now has the taint of 'loser' and 'flake' associated with it?

Twodogs
02-04-2016, 02:40 PM
Does anyone else think Richmond are crap? And have a lot of dodgy players who wouldn't get a game with the Bulldogs?

And that the once feared yellow sash now has the taint of 'loser' and 'flake' associated with it?

Yep. Won't make the eight and will have sacked the recently contractually extended coach by season's end.

bornadog
02-04-2016, 02:43 PM
Thanks BAD. Yep you are right. The times I go to games when I am in Australia, I sense 'wow you miss so much'.
One day I hope they have a subscription option where you can choose the camera angle.

So basically you are saying if the other team is scoring fast and moving quickly, swamp the ball area.

If I was the opposition I would be looking at trying to stop our run aot of the backline

soupman
02-04-2016, 02:45 PM

I just don't see where the improveent half the football world is expecting will come from. They have a coach that is not innovative or proven at changing things up, a proven track record of crumbling under pressure best demonstrated by their captains ineffectual games against quality opposition, they haven;t recruited anyone except for an inconsistent half back in Chris Yarran, have a squad that is stacked with mediocre journeymen and most of the quality youngsters they have are more the solid all round tough hard player type instead of matchwinners.

Sure they'll have a purple patch at some point as they always do but they are a classic middle table side and there is no reason to think they'll improve to be a top 4 side.

soupman
02-04-2016, 03:37 PM
I know we already know this but Adelaide really take their chances infront of goal. Slaughtering port at the moment.

bornadog
02-04-2016, 04:17 PM
So far my tips = zero, hopefully Dogs can get me on the board

GVGjr
02-04-2016, 04:31 PM
We might need to be the team that reverses this trend. The teams that lost last week are winning this week. We can't accept that :)

lemmon
02-04-2016, 04:41 PM
So thankful we didn't land Lobbe

GVGjr
02-04-2016, 04:47 PM
So thankful we didn't land Lobbe

It's not an exact science but this one has worked our way.
Adelaide are giving it to Port

bornadog
02-04-2016, 04:53 PM
It's not an exact science but this one has worked our way.
Adelaide are giving it to Port

Essendon v Melbourne a better game. How bad is Melbourne.

GVGjr
02-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Essendon v Melbourne a better game. How bad is Melbourne.

I'm not watching it but I'd imagine they should still win it.

bornadog
02-04-2016, 04:55 PM
I'm not watching it but I'd imagine they should still win it.

I am only watching on and off as I get some things done, but Essendon playing much better. However, they may die out.

azabob
02-04-2016, 04:56 PM
I saw a stat that Essendon had 20 interchange rotations compared to Melbourne 46 at half time..

Hotdog60
02-04-2016, 04:56 PM
I've just stopped watching Melb/Essendon. Bored, skill level ordinary and I would have thought Melb should have been all over the Bummers but they are playing the better.

Hotdog60
02-04-2016, 04:59 PM
I watched about a quarter of the showdown over the first half and Port haven't turned up for the show and look like they lack intent.

Sedat
02-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Said it last week and it is on show again today - Port's midfield aren't interested in running both ways. Guns like the Chad, Wines and Gray are awesome players but they aren't interested in helping their back 6 when the opposition has the ball.

bornadog
02-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Daniher showing if you are tall and can take a mark, you will monster most Fullbacks. Too bad he can't kick.

bornadog
02-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Paul Roos officially over rated

The Underdog
02-04-2016, 06:39 PM
Watched the last quarter of Essendon vs Melbourne. As much as I don't wish them any success, that was a cracking win by Essendon. Fought back when they could have been run over, took control and dictated the last 10 minutes. Joe Daniher has a cracking set of hands. A super difficult match up in the years to come. On the other hand, Melbourne should be embarrassed.

jeemak
02-04-2016, 07:05 PM
I just want to say what Paul Roos has done with the MFC in such a short period of time is amazing. He's reinvented that place single handedly.

F'scary
02-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Jessie Hogan playing like he is waiting for the Fremantle contract?

Daughter of the West
02-04-2016, 07:59 PM
Titus O'Reilly's tweets about the whole Melbourne affair have been rather hilarious. But having said that, jeez, you'd be microwaving your membership Richmond style if you'd signed up, wouldn't you? Mts Buller and Hotham will have bumper crowds this year.

Greystache
02-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Jessie Hogan playing like he is waiting for the Fremantle contract?

He's playing like a petulant brat. He's all strut and swagger when the game's going his way, but when things get tough he drops his head and sulks it up.

He's getting beaten in nearly every marking contest at the moment, and if it weren't two charity free kicks in the last quarter in round 1, he'd barely have had a kick in either game or the nab challenge. I wonder how long it'll take the media to turn on him if this keeps up and more to the point if he will sook it up when they do. He doesn't seem to have a great attitude.

GVGjr
02-04-2016, 09:26 PM
Suns have a lead on Freo. The jungle drums will start beating loudly if Freo lose at home.

whythelongface
02-04-2016, 09:45 PM
71 - 43 Gold Coast over Freo nearing HT

EasternWest
02-04-2016, 10:58 PM
I just want to say what Paul Roos has done with the MFC in such a short period of time is amazing. He's reinvented that place single handedly.

Chortle chortle.

Testekill
02-04-2016, 11:11 PM
Have a read through the Melbourne board on bigfooty, the melts are delicious.

F'scary
02-04-2016, 11:23 PM
Have a read through the Melbourne board on bigfooty, the melts are delicious.

Thanks for the tip...they are cut pretty badly about the loss as you would be. One even said their coach had been "arse violated"!!!

jeemak
03-04-2016, 12:27 AM
Chortle chortle.

It's basically my go to for anything Melbourne these days.

Remi Moses
03-04-2016, 02:54 AM
So I suppose Roos has blamed the fan base for that sub par effort.
Roos has mentally checked out ( has he ever mentally checked in?)
We all saw how ordinary the dees were in that nab challenge game when we had 16 players out .
Hogan was petulant the week before, and it smells like he wants out .
Gold Coast were terrific, and ran Freo ragged . They look like a team who have played tough structured footy for a few years, and our now tired .

EasternWest
03-04-2016, 10:56 AM
It's basically my go to for anything Melbourne these days.

It's low hanging fruit but it's hard to refute.

Remi Moses
03-04-2016, 03:12 PM
GWS murdering Geelong at ground level
Running them ragged

ledge
03-04-2016, 03:22 PM
I think Tom Boyd is well ahead of Patton, more mobile and seems to be getting some confidence up.
Patton isn't being taught ruck work or around the ground work.
Good stuff from GWS looks like Geelong have rolled up like Melbourne did yesterday, Dangerfield has gone from chocolates to boiled lollies in the first half, compared to last week.

F'scary
03-04-2016, 04:49 PM
GWS Plastics beats the Surf Coast Bongers!!!

chef
03-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Captain turncoat with the sealer.

merantau
03-04-2016, 07:56 PM
Hawthorn looked tuned in against West Coast. They always get numbers around the ball and their foot skills when they got into space were spot on. But they won't get it as easy next week.

ledge
03-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Swans continue on their way.

westdog54
03-04-2016, 08:28 PM
After two rounds we've conceded 74 points. The Swans are next with 124. Astonishing.

ledge
03-04-2016, 08:57 PM
We played one side who has always been defensive and I believe saints were in stop the flood gates opening up mode in the last quarter.
I think we will get a huge idea on our season and defence next game.

F'scary
05-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Hawthorn looked tuned in against West Coast. They always get numbers around the ball and their foot skills when they got into space were spot on. But they won't get it as easy next week.

I'd prefer playing them after 1 win than if they had lost 2 in a row.

They've had their win to prove they can still do it. Now, back to their decline in round 3.