PDA

View Full Version : Do it for Bob.

chef
11-04-2016, 09:46 AM
As gutting as it is, this is this something that could really inspire and galvanize the group.

Daughter of the West
11-04-2016, 11:30 AM
Agreed. I said to my husband yesterday, "They have to win the premiership now, don't they? They've got no choice, they have to do it for Bob."

Flogging the living suitcases out of Carlton will be an excellent start.

LostDoggy
11-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Do it for Bob.

1eyedog
11-04-2016, 11:39 AM
Do it for Bob.

I can smell a fresh round of new WOOF t-shirts in the air...

LostDoggy
11-04-2016, 11:55 AM
Must smash Carlton. A loss this week will just compound the loss to the hawks, which in reality was a cracking game that we were in up to our eyeballs. #doitforbob #ihatecarlton

Ghost Dog
11-04-2016, 12:45 PM
There are some big hearted guys in our camp. Making a statement against the cheats is a start.

1eyedog
11-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Ok I'll post a new thread for Bob t-shirts.

bornadog
11-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Very sad to see this:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cfu8OejVIAA4R1G.jpg

cinder
11-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Very sad to see this:

That is truly heartbreaking.

Eastdog
11-04-2016, 06:07 PM
That is truly heartbreaking.

Ditto

Eastdog
11-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Will be featured im sure in the sports bulletin after the news tonight.

azabob
12-04-2016, 09:14 AM
So we win the priemership for Bob, yet he won't be a priemership hero.... That is more mucked up than him doing his knee...

Twodogs
12-04-2016, 09:17 AM
So we win the priemership for Bob, yet he won't be a priemership hero.... That is more mucked up than him doing his knee...

Bob will understand. It's all about team and Bob will want the team to succeed whether he is in it or not. Sure he'd love to play in a premiership this year but will just have to wait until next year to captain a premiership team when we go back to back.

chef
12-04-2016, 09:24 AM

He'll still be a hero, his leadership has been amazing. He'll still be just as important around the club.

1eyedog
12-04-2016, 09:43 AM

Make him an emergency on the day so he still gets a medal.

always right
12-04-2016, 09:44 AM
Could there be a better mentor than Bob? Obviously he will play an important off-field role around the club but we really need to fully utilize him on match-days in the box and at the breaks.

Drunken Bum
12-04-2016, 06:19 PM

Was just saying to a mate yesterday that every player who is on the list, or at least every player who played a senior game during the year should receive a premiership medal like some other sports do.

bornadog
12-04-2016, 06:21 PM

Great Idea

1eyedog
12-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Was just saying to a mate yesterday that every player who is on the list, or at least every player who played a senior game during the year should receive a premiership medal like some other sports do.

Don't they do that in the NFL where every player gets a ring?

LostDoggy
12-04-2016, 09:19 PM
Do all the coaching staff get medals?
If so let's make him assistant coach to Bubba.

ReLoad
12-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Ok, run with me folks......

Week 1 of the finals, the media are down at the kennel, Bob running laps having a kick or two. Bevo mentions to the media "Bobs in the tardis, popped out of the phone box and into contention." We beat Norf by 11 goals.

Week 2 With no game to play, Bobs running around more and doing handballs with the lads. Bevo quotes James Joyce and Socrates and hints that Murph is beimg as inspirational as Churchill.

Week 3 up against the crows, Murph is doing contact work, Bevo's presser has him reeling off JFK and Confucius, says "ask not what bob can do for you, but what you can do for Bob" and also mentions the tardis again. Beat the crows by 2 points, with stringer Ablettesque.

Weeks 4 against the Hawks, the big dance, Murph is doing full training, dare I suggest Lazarus like, the media focus all week about the Bob story, (Bob even though he has no chance of playing )takes all the media hype, does all the interviews to leave the boys to do their thing, Bevo again mentions how Bob is in the mix, names him in the team! Bob of course plays his role brilliantly, and a late withdrawal for Webb who hasn't missed a beat all year.

Dogs win by 27 points, Bob still gets to hold the cup aloft with Bevo.

LostDoggy
12-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Ok, run with me folks......

Week 1 of the finals, the media are down at the kennel, Bob running laps having a kick or two. Bevo mentions to the media "Bobs in the tardis, popped out of the phone box and into contention." We beat Norf by 11 goals.

Week 2 With no game to play, Bobs running around more and doing handballs with the lads. Bevo quotes James Joyce and Socrates and hints that Murph is beimg as inspirational as Churchill.

Week 3 up against the crows, Murph is doing contact work, Bevo's presser has him reeling off JFK and Confucius, says "ask not what bob can do for you, but what you can do for Bob" and also mentions the tardis again. Beat the crows by 2 points, with stringer Ablettesque.

Weeks 4 against the Hawks, the big dance, Murph is doing full training, dare I suggest Lazarus like, the media focus all week about the Bob story, (Bob even though he has no chance of playing )takes all the media hype, does all the interviews to leave the boys to do their thing, Bevo again mentions how Bob is in the mix, names him in the team! Bob of course plays his role brilliantly, and a late withdrawal for Webb who hasn't missed a beat all year.

Dogs win by 27 points, Bob still gets to hold the cup aloft with Bevo.

And on the Seventh Day God created Bulldog Premiership Glory.
It is written therefore it shall be done.

Scraggers
14-04-2016, 11:23 PM
Brian Lake can go and get *!*!*!*!ed. Said on AFL360 this evening that Bob should retire ... He's just blocking the progress of a younger backman. Continued by saying that Bevo was the lynchpin of our team spirit not Bob :mad:

SonofScray
15-04-2016, 12:10 AM
Some irony in the commentary re: Bulldogs being too much about the individual (potentially true in the absence of premiership glory, but mostly spouted by people like Aker) coming from a guy that wouldn't change his role to make way for a younger player to phase into a key defensive post.

Brian made a good call for himself, based on his strengths. But lets not kid ourselves that he was above the stuff he just potted the Club over. Let alone using a guy that is the embodiment of the opposite view to make his point.

Sedat
15-04-2016, 12:29 AM
This is just an ex footballer looking to raise his profile and reputation in the media. Won't surprise me if this is back page headline stuff in the papers tomorrow, which is precisely the intention of the comments from Lake.

What he said is not without merit - for someone soon to turn 34yo doing a knee, it is a very difficult scenario to come back from. But Lake's comment of individual prioritised over team, whilst it is something that has plagued us in the past, is horribly misguided in this instance. Bob won't be coming back for some vanity-driven lap of honour - he will only do so if he can assist the team in achieving our team objectives. And based on form up to last Sunday, he is deservedly a lock to go on.

KT31
15-04-2016, 12:35 AM
Lakes a prize knob, was when he played for us and just because he won a couple of flags doesn't make him any brighter.
With the standard of the goose's on Fox footy he will fit in nicely.
Only seen him a few weeks back still feral and arguing with his Misses at a pub and then slapping a claw machine.

chef
15-04-2016, 08:44 AM
I didnt see the big deal with it, its just his opinion. I dont agree with it but it doesn't make him a knob.

G-Mo77
15-04-2016, 09:28 AM
I didnt see the big deal with it, its just his opinion. I dont agree with it but it doesn't make him a knob.

No it doesn't. He already was a knob.

Bulldog4life
15-04-2016, 10:06 AM
As an aside Dyson Heppell believes Bob should go on.

Ozza
15-04-2016, 10:12 AM
Fancy Lake saying that the Bulldogs were too much about the individual - when he absolutely put us under the pump, and made us beg - over his last contract, when we were in the midst of our last tilt at a premiership - and was the last thing we needed at the time.

I just never ever liked Lake, and he continues to say things that confirm my view on him.

always right
15-04-2016, 12:08 PM

It does when to illustrate his point he talks about Murph stalling the development of players like Biggs and JJ......who are already in our best 22 playing alongside Murph.

The Pie Man
15-04-2016, 12:37 PM
Brian's clearly searching for media relevance - guessing he's firmly a Hawthorn person now (which you can understand)

The prioritizing individual over team theory - I get this has been a recurring theme, but from the outside looking in it seemed we had moved on from this in the late 00's. Be interesting to know what Rocket thinks of such a call from Brian - but he's in all likelihood moved on, which outside of the 09 prelim, I largely have as well.

On Bob specifically - it's not the 12 months out that worries me, it's the additional 12 months players say they need to get full confidence back in the knee playing senior footy that's an issue - which I'm guessing would form part of the mental side of it that's been quoted recently. Tough call, but I believe it's worth a shot, as the rest of his frame and skills are fine. I hope he comes to share that view.

chef
15-04-2016, 12:59 PM
It does when to illustrate his point he talks about Murph stalling the development of players like Biggs and JJ......who are already in our best 22 playing alongside Murph.

I thought his point was that if someone comes in to replace him and does well they get shunted back out when he returns for possible just another season, which Lake didnt think was a great idea for the long turn future of the club. Nothing sinister.

It made sense, but its not something i agree with. I want Murph to come back and play for as long as he wants (and deserves to).

chef
15-04-2016, 01:01 PM
Brian's clearly searching for media relevance - guessing he's firmly a Hawthorn person now (which you can .

I got the impression that he's a Dog still, he seemed chuffed his son got a win over the hawks at half time in Dogs colours

G-Mo77
15-04-2016, 01:42 PM
I thought his point was that if someone comes in to replace him and does well they get shunted back out when he returns for possible just another season, which Lake didnt think was a great idea for the long turn future of the club. Nothing sinister.

It made sense, but its not something i agree with. I want Murph to come back and play for as long as he wants (and deserves to).

He specifically said JJ and Biggs would be pushed backwards for 12 months.

Bulldog4life
15-04-2016, 01:50 PM

Now that made no sense at all. They were both playing with Murph as it was. Bit of a brain fade again.

chef
15-04-2016, 02:00 PM

I got the impression he meant someone like a Biggs or JJ, not specifically them. Im sure we still watches us a fair bit and has a fair idea of whats going on.

The Pie Man
15-04-2016, 02:07 PM
I got the impression that he's a Dog still, he seemed chuffed his son got a win over the hawks at half time in Dogs colours

Well, good, I suppose. I'm not that bothered by his comments, which won't influence Murph or the club one little bit, though I can't imagine they'd win him many friends there, which is a place that's changed considerably since he departed.

Just ill-informed, inflammatory nonsense really. He'll get a gig at the HS at this rate.

Bulldog4life
15-04-2016, 02:18 PM
Well, good, I suppose. I'm not that bothered by his comments, which won't influence Murph or the club one little bit, though I can't imagine they'd win him many friends there, which is a place that's changed considerably since he departed.

Just ill-informed, inflammatory nonsense really. He'll get a gig at the HS at this rate.

Gerard looked like he wanted to jump the desk and throttle him. :)

1eyedog
15-04-2016, 03:02 PM
I like Lake, always have and he was well-liked at the club. He has a point of difference about him and a quick wit which is different to 99% of the AFL footballers I hear.

chef
15-04-2016, 03:08 PM
I like Lake, always have and he was well-liked at the club. He has a point of difference about him and a quick wit which is different to 99% of the AFL footballers I hear.

Yep. I think its refreshing he actually says what he thinks rather being PC and worrying how people will take what he says and their reactions.

chef
15-04-2016, 03:09 PM
Gerard looked like he wanted to jump the desk and throttle him. :)

As Lakey says, he doesnt want to shoot Bambi:D

Remi Moses
15-04-2016, 03:19 PM
I think it's a reasonable point that it takes a further 12 months to fully recover from a knee reco .
He's completely wrong about Keeping young players out, as Biggs, JJ are playing .
The club has put the player before club to often previously, but I Think that's changed .

bornadog
15-04-2016, 03:20 PM
The club has put the player before club to often previously, but I Think that's changed .

That's why we got rid of Lake.;)

Remi Moses
15-04-2016, 03:22 PM
Yep. I think its refreshing he actually says what he thinks rather being PC and worrying how people will take what he says and their reactions.

It's okay to say " what he thinks", but be correct in what you're saying .
Murphy hasn't kept those players out of the side, and we're getting games at the lower level into players, just like Hawthorn do.

G-Mo77
15-04-2016, 04:13 PM
It's okay to say " what he thinks", but be correct in what you're saying .
Murphy hasn't kept those players out of the side, and we're getting games at the lower level into players, just like Hawthorn do.

Yep mindless dribble.

I'd rather listen to the 99% PC players than a twit who just says outlandish things that are completely false just to be different and get a spotlight on themselves.

1eyedog
15-04-2016, 04:27 PM
It's funny that this is even getting discussed with any seriousness. As Sedat mentioned above he's there purely for entertainment value, the producers know he's funny and a bit of a wacko. He's no different than any other wack personality on telly. He's been out of the loop so long at our club he wouldn't have a clue what's going on and if I want to form a decent balancd opinion on our club I'll increase my sample size and log in here.

chef
15-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Touchy subject hey;)

chef
15-04-2016, 05:49 PM
But back to Bobby, how we going with the tees?

bornadog
15-04-2016, 05:58 PM
It's funny that this is even getting discussed with any seriousness. As Sedat mentioned above he's there purely for entertainment value, the producers know he's funny and a bit of a wacko. He's no different than any other wack personality on telly. He's been out of the loop so long at our club he wouldn't have a clue what's going on and if I want to form a decent balancd opinion on our club I'll increase my sample size and log in here.

It is getting discussed because not only was Brain on AFL360, but also saying the same thing on radio this morning (RSN) with Stevo, plus an article in the HUN. We don't need shit like that from an ex player who is a dumb bogan.

Bob is all Australian Captain who has continued his great form into 2016. He has the right to make up his own mind and if Bevo thinks he is not up to it next year, he won't be picked and he won't take anyones spot.

1eyedog
15-04-2016, 06:43 PM
It is getting discussed because not only was Brain on AFL360, but also saying the same thing on radio this morning (RSN) with Stevo, plus an article in the HUN. We don't need shit like that from an ex player who is a dumb bogan.

Bob is all Australian Captain who has continued his great form into 2016. He has the right to make up his own mind and if Bevo thinks he is not up to it next year, he won't be picked and he won't take anyones spot.

It's just an opinion from another commentator external to the club. I think there's a bit too much emotion in it but I suppose you get that because it's Bob.

Bulldog4life
15-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Lake on Fox channel 500 soon. Apparently Doggies not happy with him.

Bulldog4life
15-04-2016, 07:06 PM

If Aker had said it WOOF would have been in melt down.:) Actually it is something Aker would say.

Scraggers
16-04-2016, 01:01 AM
Luke Darcy on Lake/Bob comments...

"We spent 12 years babysitting that idiot," said Darcy. "Lakey, do not forget where you're coming from, do not forget what a peanut you were."

"No man has been more about the team ever in the history of the game than Robert Murphy, no man has put more back into an organisation than that man."

Bulldog4life
16-04-2016, 11:36 AM

"We spent 12 years babysitting that idiot," said Darcy. "Lakey, do not forget where you're coming from, do not forget what a peanut you were."

"No man has been more about the team ever in the history of the game than Robert Murphy, no man has put more back into an organisation than that man."

Heard today on SEN that there was no love lost between Lake and Murph before Lake's quote.

KT31
16-04-2016, 12:08 PM

Amen too that Luke.

G-Mo77
16-04-2016, 12:38 PM
Heard today on SEN that there was no love lost between Lake and Murph before Lake's quote.

As Tim Watson said. "Axe to Grind"

Well done Darce.

Sedat
16-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Job done. Lake is now being promoted on his own ad as a part of their AFL 360 team.

Bulldog4life
16-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Job done. Lake is now being promoted on his own ad as a part of their AFL 360 team.

I was disappointed he was on the show in the first place. Offers no intelligent footy discussion. Makes Robbo seem like an intellect.

bornadog
16-04-2016, 06:17 PM
I was disappointed he was on the show in the first place. Offers no intelligent footy discussion. Makes Robbo seem like an intellect.

He has joined the team at AFL 360 every Thursday starting from Round 1, but yes not sure why they would hire him.

Bulldog4life
16-04-2016, 06:32 PM
He has joined the team at AFL 360 every Thursday starting from Round 1, but yes not sure why they would hire him.

Yes I know. That's what I was referring to.

Webby
21-04-2016, 11:21 PM
Bob had his reco today. Fingers crossed it was a good op..

dadsgirl16
22-04-2016, 01:29 PM
Bob has just posted a "selfie" on his instagram account....its the one of Fyfe bare chested on Brownlow night!!

must be bored but love his sense of humour

azabob
07-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Did anyone else hear Bob on ABC radio just before 1pm?

I am starting to get the feeling that he won't play on.

He said that he is still yet to make a decision and will head away for a few weeks soon to make the decision.

Just listening to him he seemed very content with where he is at, at the moment.

The thing also going against him playing on is he is doing a lot of media and getting to do "life after footy" now and that appears to be more appealing than the rehab required.

Either way I am sure Bob will make the right decision and it won't be made lightly.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
07-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Gerard Whateley said "life after footy" too got me worried that he won't play on

bulldogtragic
07-05-2016, 03:33 PM
I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread.

bornadog
07-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Did anyone else hear Bob on ABC radio just before 1pm?

I am starting to get the feeling that he won't play on.

He said that he is still yet to make a decision and will head away for a few weeks soon to make the decision.

Just listening to him he seemed very content with where he is at, at the moment.

The thing also going against him playing on is he is doing a lot of media and getting to do "life after footy" now and that appears to be more appealing than the rehab required.

Either way I am sure Bob will make the right decision and it won't be made lightly.

Go Jarvis, I am sure you will get that leggo.

Eastdog
07-05-2016, 05:41 PM
How about the 300 games? That might motivate him a bit.

Murphy'sLore
07-05-2016, 05:46 PM
I think Bob is too zen to worry too much about whether he makes it to an arbitrary milestone. (Of course I hope he does...)

It's a shame Jarvis isn't interested in footy, though!

Eastdog
07-05-2016, 05:48 PM
If Bob decides not to play on what will the club do for his farewell?

azabob
07-05-2016, 05:50 PM
I think Bob is too zen to worry too much about whether he makes it to an arbitrary milestone. (Of course I hope he does...)

It's a shame Jarvis isn't interested in footy, though!

Jarvis needs to see ReLoads (?) footy Lego.

Remi Moses
07-05-2016, 05:51 PM
List management should be our first consideration.
I wouldn't think Bob's 300 th would come into consideration

bulldogtragic
07-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Can we name Bob to play against Collingwood & Essendon? That's 297 games.

Rookie list him next year, elevate him, name him against the worst three teams next year. That's 300.

I have no issue with that. That's pretty much what Fitzroy did to get Dougie to 350 games.

Eastdog
07-05-2016, 05:53 PM
List management should be our first consideration.
I wouldn't think Bob's 300 th would come into consideration

Yeah fair point RM. Bob deserves 300 but the team comes first.

bornadog
07-05-2016, 06:39 PM
Bulldogs skipper Robert Murphy unsure if he'll play on (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-07/bulldogs-skipper-robert-murphy-unsure-if-hell-play-on)

WESTERN Bulldogs captain Bob Murphy remains undecided about his playing future, admitting he oscillates between emotional extremes as he recovers from a second knee reconstruction.

Murphy, who will turn 34 in June, revealed plans to "get away" on holiday in a fortnight to consider whether he should embark upon a comeback.

The 295-gamer said reconstructive surgery had gone according to plan and he was already walking without pain or swelling in the joint.

Murphy ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in the dying stages of his team's loss to Hawthorn in round three.

The Bulldogs are keen for Murphy to extend his career into at least an 18th season, given that before his mishap the reigning All Australian skipper had been in superb form and was a beacon for his brilliant young team.

"I haven't made a decision," Murphy told ABC Grandstand on Saturday.

"Depending on what day you get me, yesterday (it was) 'definitely yes', today 'definitely no', tomorrow who knows?

"Until (I'm) a bit emotionally stable, I just need a little bit of time to sort through a lot of things.

"The days where it's 'yes' are the very primitive things that you miss – leading the boys out, being on the inside of being part of the gang. They're the things you crave, although I think that's just the lot of a footballer – you'll always miss that.

"On the other days it's, 'I'm almost middle-aged, I've had a hell of a good run; I know the road ahead, I know how hard it is (to come back from the injury and), it's not just 10 months out or 12 months out and then you come back and hit the ground running – it's a difficult road once you're back.'

"There's a lot of things to weigh up.

"In the next little bit, there has to be a decision (made) for everyone."

Despite overwhelming support from the football public for Murphy to attempt to play on, former teammate Brian Lake declared he should retire in the best interests of the club.

"A lot of what Brian said made a lot of sense – it's a big ask to come back," Murphy said.

"The thing I disagree with was the inference that I could potentially be holding back Shane Biggs or Jason Johannisen, (which) didn't make a lot of sense to me."

Compared to his first knee reconstruction 10 years ago, Murphy feels better physically and mentally this time around.

"I'm still captain and there's a role for me to play," he said.

The deep-thinking Dog said he had reflected a lot upon his setback, which could potentially rob him of an elusive premiership.

"Because of how tumultuous the past few years have been and (with) so much effort by so many people to turn our footy club around, to do my knee against perhaps the greatest team of them all in a game of the round (when) we're three points up (with) 90 seconds to go, I don't know if poetic is the right word for it, but something like that, something Irish," he said.

"It might be Murphy's Law actually – whatever can go wrong will (go wrong).

"I haven't fully reconciled with it yet."

He described the past two seasons under coach Luke Beveridge as "the ride of my footy life".

"This past couple of weeks, as grim as the backdrop has been of (a) serious knee and potentially the end of your career, (for the most part) I've had this overwhelming sense of gratitude (for) how lucky I've been," he said.

"Playing in Luke's team and captaining his team has been the greatest thrill of my professional life."

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
07-05-2016, 06:49 PM
I'm depressed - the more you think of it the sadder it is

azabob
07-05-2016, 08:25 PM
I'm depressed - the more you think of it the sadder it is

It is. But he seems at ease with the whole situation and irony of it all.

bulldogtragic
07-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Put a contract in front of Bob right this second!

LostDoggy
08-05-2016, 05:47 AM
If his heart isn't in it, there's no point twisting his arm. No one wins in that situation. We cannot put any pressure on him whatsoever - and we should respect his decision either way.

bulldogtragic
08-05-2016, 10:23 AM
If his heart isn't in it, there's no point twisting his arm. No one wins in that situation. We cannot put any pressure on him whatsoever - and we should respect his decision either way.

Not about twisting his arm, it's about all the excitement and prospect of this group to make the rehab worthwhile for one last year on the roller coaster. He seemed very happy in the rooms with his boys.

G-Mo77
08-05-2016, 10:26 AM
I have a gut feel he won't return.

1eyedog
08-05-2016, 10:29 AM
I have a gut feel he won't return.

He's coming back next year.

1eyedog
08-05-2016, 10:29 AM

There already is one. Bob will play next year.

G-Mo77
08-05-2016, 10:36 AM
He's coming back next year.

The fact that he'd hold out guys like JJ and Biggs makes it almost a certainty of not returning. :D

Bulldog4life
08-05-2016, 07:43 PM
I heard his wife saying on television that she is not a footy nut, or words to that effect. Maybe it is happy wife happy life!

Ozza
09-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Really hope that he does come back. It might be the most important thing he ever does for the club. And might be 'the difference'.

Murphy'sLore
09-05-2016, 12:15 PM
Now it's starting to sound as if we want Bob to do it for us...

The bulldog tragician
09-05-2016, 03:25 PM
We sit near where coaches come down. Bob was very serious looking as he went past both pre, and more concerningly post match. Perhaps he was just somber about what he is missing out on right now, and maybe I'm riding too much into it. But I felt a whole lot less sure that he'd be returning after seeing his demeanour.

always right
09-05-2016, 05:16 PM
He's different. He thinks differently to most. He's not selfish in the strictest sense so winning a premiership is maybe not as important as him knowing that he has made a telling contribution to us achieving it. He won't want to be given games because of who he is or what he has done. It will be about what he is capable of doing next year.

I have no idea whether he will play next year or not...but I'm less confident by the day.

ledge
09-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Maybe he is thinking about the group and watching them Play and will decide whether the side is ready to move on without him if a player can play his role.

always right
09-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Maybe he is thinking about the group and watching them Play and will decide whether the side is ready to move on without him if a player can play his role.
No-one can play the role quite like Bob.

Drunken Bum
09-05-2016, 11:04 PM
If Bob decides not to play on what will the club do for his farewell?

I think him holding the premiership cup aloft with Bevo and the captain on the day would be a nice farewell

LostDoggy
10-05-2016, 04:54 PM
I am of the mindset where I'm feeling incredibly privileged to have seen him play for 295 games. Whether he adds another 20+ games to that number won't diminish that at all. I'd love to see him play until he's 76, and running out for his 4,500th game, but it's totally up to him: he's paid his dues and fully deserves a choice either way, with our full support. I won't be sad, I'll be happy when he retires, because he's a deadset champion and what he brings to the group is 98% off-field anyway, such is his immense spirit and aura around the place.

bulldogtragic
05-06-2016, 09:52 PM
There's no way Bob can walk away from playing in this team now in 2017. Or being in the roar of the song in the rooms like today and Adelaide. And our on field talent goes up another notch with him in it.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
07-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Big rumour on various scuttlebutt sources that an announcement will be made at 4.30 today

bulldogtragic
07-06-2016, 04:41 PM
Big rumour on various scuttlebutt sources that an announcement will be made at 4.30 today

Good or bad? Or he had lars surgery and he's back after the bye?

comrade
07-06-2016, 04:43 PM
He's scheduled to appear on AFL 360 tonight too.

Mantis
07-06-2016, 04:44 PM

Club has tweeted that an offical announcement will be made at this time.

Axe Man
07-06-2016, 04:46 PM
Herald Sun reporter Sam Landsberger tweeted that the news will please Doggies fans:

"Take it to the bank. Bob Murphy WILL play on in 2017 and beyond. Massive news at the kennel. Decided to return while holidaying in San Diego," he tweeted.

LostDoggy
2 more years Murph.
C'mon you know you want to ;)

Bulldog4life
Heard from Josh Dunkley in his radio interview that Murph was at the Club yesterday doing exercises etc. Might be nothing in that but a good sign.

Mantis
07-06-2016, 04:47 PM
@SamLandsberger:

Take it to the bank. Bob Murphy WILL play on in 2017 and beyond.....

bulldogsthru&thru
07-06-2016, 04:50 PM
@SamLandsberger:

Take it to the bank. Bob Murphy WILL play on in 2017 and beyond.....

That is just fantastic to read!

Edit: Looks like an announcement to be made shortly!

Woo hoo! Such great news!

Bulldog4life
07-06-2016, 04:51 PM
Very happy, looking forward to the official announcement

bornadog
07-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Will be on AFL360 tonight as well.

bulldogtragic
07-06-2016, 04:52 PM
3 year deal PG!! :D

comrade
07-06-2016, 04:53 PM
Nice but I would've preferred a decision after we win the prelim for an extra boost in GF week!

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
07-06-2016, 04:54 PM
I can't wait that long

bornadog
07-06-2016, 04:55 PM
Turns 34 on Thursday - he is giving us a birthday present.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKzh-AnkeWw&feature=youtu.be

LostDoggy
07-06-2016, 05:31 PM
3 year deal PG!! :D

Make it 2 with an activation clause for a 3rd when he wins the Norm Smith.;)

LostDoggy
07-06-2016, 05:34 PM
Herald Sun reporter Sam Landsberger tweeted that the news will please Doggies fans:

"Take it to the bank. Bob Murphy WILL play on in 2017 and beyond. Massive news at the kennel. Decided to return while holidaying in San Diego," he tweeted.

If this is true,
That is #$%&ing Awesome News!!!

bulldogtragic
07-06-2016, 05:36 PM
Unfinished business, Bob to play on
westernbulldogs.com.au
7 June 2016 4:30 PM

After taking some time to consider his future, Western Bulldogs Captain Bob Murphy says he has “unfinished business” and will play on for an 18th AFL season in 2017.

Murphy yesterday signed a contract to extend a career that has produced so much, including 295 games, two All-Australian nods including one as captain, AFLPA best captain award and three international rules series.

List Manager Jason McCartney said Murphy’s influence was immeasurable and that his signature was a major boost for the Club.

“The decision to offer Bob another contract was an easy one because of just how much he brings holistically to this place,” McCartney said.

“He is such an important figure here, both from a leadership perspective but what he also offers as a player.”

“It was welcome news for everyone at the Club.”

The 33-year-old made the decision after spending some time away and cited his desire to give more to the Club that drafted him with pick 13 in the 1999 AFL Draft.

“I’ve still got the passion to play and obviously, there’s unfinished business for this team and our Club,” Murphy said.

“To have your Club in your corner, saying that they really want you to play again can’t be underestimated.”

“I feel like I can get back to playing good footy, and I still feel like I’ve got something to offer. I miss it, I miss playing with those boys.”

bulldogtragic
11-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Awesome seeing Bob so happy on the ground afterwards! :D

chef
26-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Time to dust off this old baby.

How heart breaking to see him in tears after the game. I know they were tears of happiness but it must also be hurting for him a little inside.

Cmon boys one more game, lets do it for Bob.

Mantis
26-09-2016, 06:06 PM
This year it's for the club.

Next year we do it with Bob.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 06:49 PM
If there is a God....

chef
02-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Oh yeah we did it.

ledge
03-10-2016, 06:06 AM