bornadog
11-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Foxfooty 8.30

chef
11-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Greystache
11-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Not a great week for him to be on. It'll be interesting to see how he responds.

azabob
11-04-2016, 09:25 PM
On Talking Footy Tim Watson called him a selfish footballer.

SonofScray
11-04-2016, 09:35 PM
On Talking Footy Tim Watson called him a selfish footballer.
Tim Watson raised a drug cheat and was sacked by the worst club in AFL history.

Beyond my succinct character assassination, the statement he has made is incorrect. Stringer is not a selfish footballer. He was costly this week because of too many unselfish acts, trying to manufacture opportunities to brings others into the game rather than keep it simple and finish his own work off. The one that hit the post was the real stinker, but the opening behind was either him kicking the goal, or going inside to the free man, not over the top.

If you want to pot Stringer it is that he can play from behind and try cheat, rather than just get first to the ball and beat them in the air. When it works, he looks a millionaire, when it doesn't it looks poor. Often the case with some of the more mercurial players over time.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
11-04-2016, 10:40 PM
David King called him Jesse and had to correct himself

Twodogs
11-04-2016, 11:23 PM
No problem Daniel. David, sorry.

It's such a hard name to remember.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-04-2016, 01:58 AM
How did he go?

I love Stringer but if we're being honest, he has been bloody awful in 3 big/close games for the club (v Freo '15, v Adelaide EF, v Hawks).

I really want this whole "package", "God", "Ablett" crap to stop.

Remi Moses
12-04-2016, 03:11 AM
For goodness sake he's 21 years old . He played injured against Adelaide , and it was Brian Taylor who coined him as the package .
Jon Ralph likened him to Ablett. The media's " let's pot someone" has this weeks contestant Jake " Jesse" Stringer.
Last week it was Hogan and now this

always right
12-04-2016, 09:20 AM
Always a good show and last night was no exception. Interesting to hear Stringer's comments on the two goals he stuffed up on Sunday.....stating they were the right decisions but technique failures.

As always he handled himself well. The low lights were questions about the Ablett comparison, "The Package" moniker, and the story as to why JJ shaved his head. Seriously....how many times does he have to answer these questions?

bornadog
12-04-2016, 09:44 AM
Always a good show and last night was no exception. Interesting to hear Stringer's comments on the two goals he stuffed up on Sunday.....stating they were the right decisions but technique failures.

As always he handled himself well. The low lights were questions about the Ablett comparison, "The Package" moniker, and the story as to why JJ shaved his head. Seriously....how many times does he have to answer these questions?

Good summation. He handled himself really well. I thought overall it was a golod interview.

bornadog
12-04-2016, 03:34 PM
For those who missed it, Thanks to Al's Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kgTZ8mFrL8

westdog54
12-04-2016, 05:51 PM
I love the little grin Jake gives when Marcus Adams' name is mentioned.

Its also kinda cute that JJ has a child seat in his car for Jake's little one.

Twodogs
13-04-2016, 04:54 AM
I love the little grin Jake gives when Marcus Adams' name is mentioned.

Its also kinda cute that JJ has a child seat in his car for Jake's little one.

It is.