Carlton v Western Bulldogs Etihad Stadium 7.25pm

Adelaide v Sydney Swans Adelaide Oval 7.40pm

Sunday April 17

GWS Giants v Port Adelaide StarTrack Oval 1.10pm

Collingwood v Melbourne MCG 3.20pm

North Melbourne v Fremantle Etihad Stadium 4:40pm

Greystache
15-04-2016, 01:04 PM
Pinching myself with excitement to see Richmond again. After 1 week in a row of them not opening the round it's good to get back to normal. Another Friday night on Netflix for me.

bulldogtragic
15-04-2016, 01:12 PM
Pinching myself with excitement to see Richmond again. After 1 week in a row of them not opening the round it's good to get back to normal. Another Friday night on Netflix for me.

Whatcha watching on NF at the moment?

Greystache
15-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Whatcha watching on NF at the moment?

I'll probably go a movie, it's about the length of a footy game that isn't worth watching.

Eastdog
15-04-2016, 01:20 PM
Tipped the Eagles by 27 points.

bornadog
15-04-2016, 01:35 PM
I'll probably go a movie, it's about the length of a footy game that isn't worth watching.

Have you seen "Bloodlines" - I highly recommend it.

Greystache
15-04-2016, 01:52 PM
Have you seen "Bloodlines" - I highly recommend it.

I'll check it out, thanks. How sad this is what the AFL and Simon Lethlean have reduced Friday night football to, football fans discussing what to watch other than the same old mediocre 2 or 3 teams.

bornadog
15-04-2016, 03:14 PM
I'll check it out, thanks. How sad this is what the AFL and Simon Lethlean have reduced Friday night football to, football fans discussing what to watch other than the same old mediocre 2 or 3 teams.

The AFL just don't get it.

Eastdog
15-04-2016, 03:48 PM
The AFL just don't get it.

Do you reckon BAD that every club should get at least 1 Friday night match in the season.

bornadog
15-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Do you reckon BAD that every club should get at least 1 Friday night match in the season.

YES, they should

Eastdog
15-04-2016, 04:52 PM
YES, they should

Yes that is how it should be regardless of how all the clubs are faring. Every club should get an opportunity at least once a year to play at the Friday night time slot where a big audience is watching. At least we play 3 times at that time slot this year. Saturday night time slot I think are pretty good as well especially for those that may be involved in local footy in the afternoon.

bornadog
15-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Yes that is how it should be regardless of how all the clubs are faring. Every club should get an opportunity at least once a year to play at the Friday night time slot where a big audience is watching. At least we play 3 times at that time slot this year. Saturday night time slot I think are pretty good as well especially for those that may be involved in local footy in the afternoon.

I think Friday should be shared out evenly and only the top 4 should get any leftovers.

I don't believe in blockbusters and the fixture should just be a draw, with the remaining games worked out so that over a number of years you play the same team twice. Apparently we haven't played Carlton twice in one season for over 10 years.

None of this Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and Richmond playing each other twice no matter what.

Eastdog
15-04-2016, 05:00 PM
I think Friday should be shared out evenly and only the top 4 should get any leftovers.

I don't believe in blockbusters and the fixture should just be a draw, with the remaining games worked out so that over a number of years you play the same team twice. Apparently we haven't played Carlton twice in one season for over 10 years.

None of this Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and Richmond playing each other twice no matter what.

The AFL certainly like to protect those type of fixtures. Yes I reckon that would be a better way obviously yes we don't play every team twice.

bornadog
15-04-2016, 05:02 PM
The AFL certainly like to protect those type of fixtures. Yes I reckon that would be a better way obviously yes we don't play every team twice.

If we play every team once in a season, that is 17 games with 5 left. That means in the next three and a bit years we should play the teams we didn't play twice within that time. Does that make sense?

Or the last 5 games is just the luck of the draw and what ever comes out of the barrel you play them.

jeemak
15-04-2016, 05:09 PM
There's really only one interesting game this weekend outside of our own, and it happens to be on at the same time as ours.

I suppose there's a bit in the NM vs FRE game, but only a little bit.

Mantis
If we can't get motivated to watch any rd 4 clashes how the hell are we going to go through the 2nd half of the year?

Only game that I have any real interest in (besides ours) is the Syd v Adel clash, but scheduling means we miss that one.

Looks like more time spent with the mrs... Awesome.

Eastdog
If we play every team once in a season, that is 17 games with 5 left. That means in the next three and a bit years we should play the teams we didn't play twice within that time. Does that make sense?

Or the last 5 games is just the luck of the draw and what ever comes out of the barrel you play them.

Yep I think I get you BAD.

bornadog
15-04-2016, 05:16 PM
There's really only one interesting game this weekend outside of our own, and it happens to be on at the same time as ours.

I suppose there's a bit in the NM vs FRE game, but only a little bit.

Adelaide v Swans will be interesting

jeemak
15-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Adelaide v Swans will be interesting

That's what I was getting at.

So out of the whole weekend there's not a lot to get my attention outside of the Saturday night slot.

bornadog
15-04-2016, 05:33 PM
That's what I was getting at.

So out of the whole weekend there's not a lot to get my attention outside of the Saturday night slot.

Sorry didn't know (or check) the time slots.

jeemak
15-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Sorry didn't know (or check) the time slots.

Well my expectation henceforth is that you memorise them 48 hours in advance so we can avoid this type of confusion in the future! :)

hujsh
15-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Did WCE choose to wear an alt jumper? Looks stupid and doesn't clash more or less than their home strip

F'scary
15-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Did WCE choose to wear an alt jumper? Looks stupid and doesn't clash more or less than their home strip

I think it is a special jumper to mark an occasion but didn't catch what it was other than that all of their players, past and present are listed along with their IQ's.

chef
15-04-2016, 10:09 PM

Its an anniversary jumper of their first ever one. Love the yellow.

Rocket Science
15-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Ordinarily detest such one-sided Friday fare ... unless it's Richmond on the receiving end of it.

bulldogtragic
15-04-2016, 10:18 PM
Friday Night footy used to be the crowning glory of AFL. Now it's a bloody joke, just tuned in for the score. 20 extra scoring shots to half time. Bravo, AFL, kill your own brand and game.

Hotdog60
15-04-2016, 10:36 PM
Is it the AFL or Television wanting to play large supported clubs in prime time. You pay nearly a billion dollars you can probably dictate what gets show where.

LostDoggy
15-04-2016, 11:51 PM
In fairness, these were both top 8 sides last year. At least on paper this would have looked a decent match when the draw was put together.

Greystache
16-04-2016, 01:36 AM
In fairness, these were both top 8 sides last year. At least on paper this would have looked a decent match when the draw was put together.

Richmond hasn't won a final in 15 years yet feature in every third Friday/Thursday night match the past two seasons. They're hardly a well performed team but that won't stop Lethlean, just as it didn't with Carlton last year. Collingwood has no case under any measure but they still feature front and centre.

Netflix must be so grateful for the free hit.

jeemak
16-04-2016, 03:05 AM
Is it the AFL or Television wanting to play large supported clubs in prime time. You pay nearly a billion dollars you can probably dictate what gets show where.

The FTATV and AFL media folks are well and truly behind the times and they still cling to tried and true methods from when their collective man-skulls still had head hair other than grey to flash.

Gillon and Lethlean haven't gotten to where they are because they're the best in the business, they're Old Boys puppets who are perfectly suited pushing the same old shite that's always been pushed by those mentioned above.

That a side like Richmond, which has been an absolute tank in finals in recent years, could get three of the first four rounds on opening night is just an absolute joke by any measure. It's unfair to the draw - or more accurately put - fixture, and it's another sign of how out of touch those pulling the strings actually are.

Twodogs
16-04-2016, 03:21 AM
The A-League game had everything tonight. It was brilliant.

F'scary
16-04-2016, 09:12 AM
If they shared the Friday night games around more, they would avoid the potential for the mistake they made with Carton last year and Crapmond in the early part of this year.

Go_Dogs
16-04-2016, 09:12 AM
To be fair, Richmond are taking a half step back at the moment.

Bulldog Joe
16-04-2016, 09:19 AM

But a half step back from what?

Did they really do enough in 2015 to command 3 of the first 4 weeks as opening the round.

Qe are required to wait 6 weeks for our first Friday night in 3 years and were at least as likely to be entertaining as anyone.

It is doubtful that we will ever be afforded 3 games in 4 to open any rounds of footy.

soupman
16-04-2016, 09:20 AM
Tbf Richmond and Collingwood, both recipients of many prime time games, were expected to be contending for top 4 this season (although this was always unrealistic, they're both and always were going to be mediocre at best).

I personally think that with 46 Friday night slots it shouldn't be hard to guarantee every club 2 games a year, with the remaining 10 allocated to well performed sides or good matchups. Considering the TV deal would put pressure on the AFL to have the bigger clubs, I'd even settle for a compromise of 3 Friday night games per club over every two year period.

There would be issues in quality, Brisbane would stink it up, likewise with Essendon.

Looking through upcoming fixtures the matchups aren't actually to bad, with the obvious thrashings being clashes that would have been anticipated to be close at the start of the year prior to any exposed form or mass player suspensions, (although Essendon were always going to be shit this year anyway so why you would fixture them against Hawthorn and West Coast beats me). I think the alternative is to have a rolling fixture where the timeslots are decided 3 months or so in advance, and that way we could atleast avoid stupid matchups.

azabob
16-04-2016, 09:46 AM
But a half step back from what?

Did they really do enough in 2015 to command 3 of the first 4 weeks as opening the round.

Qe are required to wait 6 weeks for our first Friday night in 3 years and were at least as likely to be entertaining as anyone.

It is doubtful that we will ever be afforded 3 games in 4 to open any rounds of footy.

BJ, Im fairly certain there was a hint of sarcasm with Go_Dogs comment...

1eyedog
16-04-2016, 09:56 AM

It's great isn't it. Hopefully they win their last 5 games of the season including a win over Hawthorn and finish 9th.

Go_Dogs
16-04-2016, 10:08 AM

Correct, I couldn't help myself.

F'scary
16-04-2016, 10:38 AM

Yeah, but I share BJ's pissed-offedness with arrangements, sure we all do.

Remi Moses
16-04-2016, 02:04 PM
The A-League game had everything tonight. It was brilliant.

Except the result .
I watched Creed. Stallone looks seriously strange, and not a patch on Rocky 1 or 2.
I watched the game this morning and the Tiges had not idea how to get out of The eagle forward half, and they just handballed ad-nauseom.
Hardwick's nonsense on how they've lost senior players was just complete B/S .
He talked of Jackson ( retired in 14) Pettard ( dud) Knights ( barely played) Foley( hardly played in 3 years) as reasons why they've stalled. West Coast's pressure was almost fanatical, and they'll be unbeatable at home

Bulldog4life
16-04-2016, 04:45 PM
St.Kilda maintaining last weeks form against Hawks today. 5 pts behind in the 3rd quarter

Bulldog4life
16-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Geelong 6-16 to Essendon 6-5 in the last quarter

Bulldog4life
16-04-2016, 05:05 PM
St.Kilda maintaining last weeks form against Hawks today. 5 pts behind in the 3rd quarter

Level at 3/4 time. St.Kilda with 2 to 3 goal breeze in last quarter.

GVGjr
16-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Looks like the Saints are going to fall just a bit short against the Hawks

Bulldog4life
16-04-2016, 05:45 PM

Yes 3 pts. They have improved since our game against them.

Sedat
16-04-2016, 05:56 PM
Hawks are amazing at finding the line in a close one. Today was the opposite of last week - they had to hang on against the wind for dear life - but they still got the job done.

St Kilda were extremely impressive. Could not have done more to win other than for McCartin to nail that shot with 3 mins to go (after a fantastic pack mark).

chef
16-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Mays going to miss a few after the bump on Martin.

jeemak
16-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Hawks are amazing at finding the line in a close one. Today was the opposite of last week - they had to hang on against the wind for dear life - but they still got the job done.

St Kilda were extremely impressive. Could not have done more to win other than for McCartin to nail that shot with 3 mins to go (after a fantastic pack mark).

How was his broader game?

As an aside, I met a Saints supporter last night. Told me Tom Boyd was shite because he heard it on SEN - and he was dead serious.

bornadog
16-04-2016, 07:18 PM
4 weeks

chef
16-04-2016, 07:25 PM
4 weeks

Yep. Pretty shit act.

Remi Moses
16-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Mitchell got them over the line, but they look average down back without Gibson .

EasternWest
16-04-2016, 07:26 PM

That's disgraceful.

I think they'll give him six to send a message. What a dog act.

jeemak
16-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Mitchell got them over the line, but they look average down back without Gibson .

Much like we do without Wood.

I've heard all week about Hodge, Hill and Roughead missing bringing us closer to the Hawks, but given we had Wood, Crameri and Dickson out it's made me a little bit contented knowing our outs were just as important if not more so than theirs.

bulldogtragic
16-04-2016, 08:25 PM
The AFL should call the liquidators on the GCS. What a mess, on talent they're 100% better than Brisbane. But gave up an extra 14 scoring shots. Just give us Jaeger and GAJ and split the rest of the list to the other 16 remaining teams.

GVGjr
16-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Happy to hear that the Lions got a win tonight. I'm not a fan of GC.

jeemak
16-04-2016, 08:58 PM
The AFL should call the liquidators on the GCS. What a mess, on talent they're 100% better than Brisbane. But gave up an extra 14 scoring shots. Just give us Jaeger and GAJ and split the rest of the list to the other 16 remaining teams.

It's the Brisbane versus Gold Coast rivalry mate. It means so much to them and their supporters the players just lift and it's CRAZY BALL!

bulldogtragic
16-04-2016, 09:48 PM
It's the Brisbane versus Gold Coast rivalry mate. It means so much to them and their supporters the players just lift and it's CRAZY BALL!

Each club finally got another supporter. Good for them. Good for them.

Bulldog4life
16-04-2016, 11:56 PM
Yep. Pretty shit act.

Yes he should have done the Mummy tackle

bornadog
17-04-2016, 01:34 AM

He didn't have the ball, so he can't tackle.

Ghost Dog
17-04-2016, 07:42 AM
Might impress the QLD rugby fans, but I hate the way commentators carry on about 'huge hit woah' but don't condemn it in stronger terms. That doesn't belong in our game.

chef
17-04-2016, 09:19 AM

He ran past the ball.....

azabob
17-04-2016, 03:08 PM

I'd prefer Lynch than those two.

ledge
17-04-2016, 03:11 PM
Port are seriously soft

Flamethrower
17-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Each club finally got another supporter. Good for them. Good for them.

There are still plenty of diehard Fitzroy supporters around who follow the Lions, and the Suns are developing a small hardcore group of supporters. The Suns fans I met at Metricon knew a lot more about football than the 2 Bulldog "fans" who sat behind me last night. Dead set morons.

Can't believe the over reaction to the May Martin collision. Watching the behind the goals footage you coan see that neither player had eyes for the ball and both were running straight at each other intent on grievious bodily harm to the other. May is just better at it, and Martin was slightly off balance after the nudge from Ablett.

May will get a long suspension because the AFL is all about image these days, but sent off.....he didn't king hit an umpire.

Sedat
17-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Port are seriously soft
They are imposters. No interest in running hard defensively, so if they get smashed at the stoppages like they did today, they gift so many easy goals.

Safe to say that 2014 was an aberration.

F'scary
17-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Looking like another nail in Buckley's coaching coffin.

whythelongface
17-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Safe to say that 2014 was an aberration.

Yes was thinking that as well, but surely there must be more to it than that. Has Hinkley lost the group?

ledge
17-04-2016, 04:59 PM
Must say I'm enjoying this Collingwood debacle ..Buckley has taken them down a few rungs every year, thing is I think they have a very good list.

ledge
17-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Yes was thinking that as well, but surely there must be more to it than that. Has Hinkley lost the group?

They tried to compare us to them, the fact is they didn't build, it came out of nowhere.
Everyone knew we were rebuilding, they just had a new innovative game plan which was run and attack and luck more goals in an era when defence was the major asset. It turned quick once the other teams worked it out.
Now they have horrid defence and it makes them atrocious, no even balance.

bulldogtragic
17-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Port Adelaide falling as quick as they rose.

lemmon
17-04-2016, 06:35 PM
Credit where it's due - the Dees ball movement has looked very good today. Boyd would love some of the supply Hogan is getting

Bulldog4life
17-04-2016, 06:56 PM
Freo 2 goals behind at half time. If they win we remain top. C"MON FREO

Bulldog4life
17-04-2016, 07:40 PM
Norf up 7 pts at three quater time.

Remi Moses
17-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Collingwood lost this at the start. Worrying for them and joyous to most ,is they're not playing for him.
They get opened up because they lack intensity around the ball for most part, they get caught on the break.
They kick horribly out of the back half, and they played Jesse White;)

Remi Moses
17-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Port just don't run defensively, and are a team of complete down hill skiers .
The media narrative in that we are Port couldn't be further from the truth, and was lazy journalism

Greystache
17-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Freo just don't have the weapons to win.

comrade
17-04-2016, 08:26 PM
Norf let Freo kick 100+ points?

KT31
17-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Port Adelaide falling as quick as they rose.

Port Adelaide doing a Port Adelaide.;)

KT31
17-04-2016, 09:05 PM

Cracking game in a couple of weeks, could be one and two playing for top spot.

comrade
17-04-2016, 11:14 PM
Cracking game in a couple of weeks, could be one and two playing for top spot.

Their tall forward line is certainly causing some problems.

bornadog
17-04-2016, 11:26 PM
Their tall forward line is certainly causing some problems.

The have lots of tall players that can mark a ball, not only in the forward line but also around the ground.

bornadog
17-04-2016, 11:35 PM
North's average games played today was 155 games, twice ours. They had 11 players with more than 150 games.

The youngest in games experience this week was Melbourne then Carlton and us.

Mantis
18-04-2016, 11:08 AM

They also let Melb kick over 130.

Norf averaging 103 pts against.. We're averaging 54.

The Underdog
18-04-2016, 03:39 PM
They also let Melb kick over 130.

Norf averaging 103 pts against.. We're averaging 54.

They are averaging 123 points for though. So it seems to be working for them. Friday week is going to be pretty interesting.

Mantis
18-04-2016, 05:19 PM
They are averaging 123 points for though. So it seems to be working for them. Friday week is going to be pretty interesting.

It does, but I'm not sure how sustainable 'shoot-out' footy is.

Norf & Adel are both averaging 120+ points per game so it will be interesting to see how defensive structure holds up against them.

Ozza
18-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Will be interesting to see how North's formline stands up.

Rd 1 - Good win @ home against Adelaide, but only got control in the last couple of minutes. Conceded 97.
Rd 2- Beat Brisbane. Conceded 28 scoring shots. Rich and Rockliff injured during the game.
Rd 3 - Conceded 131 pts to Melbourne, who had a chance to win in the dying seconds.
Rd 4 - Beat Freo, only got control last 10 minutes, conceded 100 points.

Don't get me wrong - I'd be happy to be 4-0 and top of the ladder. But they have a run from Round 10 to Round 16 which will really sort out whether they are a serious contender;
Sydney away
Richmond home
Geelong away (but at Etihad)
Hawthorn home
Adelaide away
Bye
West Coast away.

comrade
18-04-2016, 06:58 PM
Will be interesting to see how North's formline stands up.

Rd 1 - Good win @ home against Adelaide, but only got control in the last couple of minutes. Conceded 97.
Rd 2- Beat Brisbane. Conceded 28 scoring shots. Rich and Rockliff injured during the game.
Rd 3 - Conceded 131 pts to Melbourne, who had a chance to win in the dying seconds.
Rd 4 - Beat Freo, only got control last 10 minutes, conceded 100 points.

Don't get me wrong - I'd be happy to be 4-0 and top of the ladder. But they have a run from Round 10 to Round 16 which will really sort out whether they are a serious contender;
Sydney away
Richmond home
Geelong away (but at Etihad)
Hawthorn home
Adelaide away
Bye
West Coast away.

They could easily be 10-0 by that stage.

I don't mind them as a club but can't stand their supporters. All this start has done is feed their delusion that they have a team that can genuinely win a flag. They'll get sorted out soon enough.

bornadog
18-04-2016, 08:10 PM

I don't mind them as a club but can't stand their supporters. All this start has done is feed their delusion that they have a team that can genuinely win a flag. They'll get sorted out soon enough.

or coach or president.

Twodogs
19-04-2016, 07:35 AM

or coach or president.

Or them as a club.