PDA

View Full Version : Western Bulldogs should chase embattled Collingwood forward Travis Cloke, Chris Judd says

bornadog
10-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/western-bulldogs-should-chase-embattled-collingwood-forward-travis-cloke-chris-judd-says/news-story/a6df32ec84a7ffcd6c01f1fa7b2adf3a?from=herald%20sun_rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

DROPPED Collingwood forward Travis Cloke should be a target for the Western Bulldogs, according to dual Brownlow medal winner Chris Judd.

Judd, who retired from Carlton last year after rupturing his ACL, believes the Bulldogs are a premiership contender this season but need more depth with tales.

And he says they could do worse than looking to Cloke, who has been dropped to the VFL.

“I definitely think they’re a premiership contender,” Judd said on Channel 9.

“I think they run really deep with their smalls and their mids

“They probably need a little bit more depth with their talls, and if I was them I’d be looking at trying to get Travis Cloke into the team.”
He definitely thinks Cloke could fit right in alongside Jack Redpath and Tom Boyd, using Adelaide’s forwardline of Taylor Walker, Josh Jenkins and Tom Lynch as a perfect example.

“I think so. I don’t think teams can afford to go too small in their forward line,” Judd said.

“I think you can afford to go small down back because you’ve often got an extra number and he gets the chance to fly across and spoil, but I think up forward you need three good talls.”

“The most potent forward line in the competition by far at the moment is Adelaide, and a big part of that is their talls down there.”

Cloke quashed suggestions that he is considering leaving the Holden Centre.

“There’s absolutely no truth (about leaving Collingwood). I’m contracted until the end of next year. I find it interesting and have a bit of a giggle (about it),” he said.

“At the same time, I love this club (and) I love my coach, Nathan. The reason I stayed at this club originally was because of Bucks and this footy club, so I don’t have a reason to look elsewhere.”

The forward couldn’t put a date on when he hopes to return to the seniors, having pulled out of Saturday’s VFL clash with back trouble.

“I’m not really putting a date on it. I just want to put a good block of footy together,” Cloke said.

“When I’m required to step up and play AFL football, I’ll get that call and nod from Bucks.

“I do look forward to it, I’m eagerly awaiting and looking forward to playing in the seniors but at the same time there are processes in place.”

1eyedog
10-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Oh no thanks there is no way in the world I am prepared to give that sook / DH a premiership medal playing for our club. It would soil the whole experience.

We have Boyd, Stringer, Redpath with Crammers back next year. Bevo is hard up playing Redpath and Boyd in the same team. Why do people external to our club continually refer us to washed up key forwards?

cinder
10-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Nope - avoid! Don't want to go back to the days where we take on other team's rejects or has beens. Think bringing in Adcock was bad enough ... plus who can forget all the hassle Collingwood had to go through when trying to re-sign him 5 or so years ago, with his dad as manager, etc. Not worth it.

jeemak
10-05-2016, 10:27 AM
Obviously Chris thinks we need to improve our scoring accuracy.....oh wait....

The Doctor
10-05-2016, 10:29 AM
No thanks

bulldogtragic
10-05-2016, 10:35 AM
This is the bloke who said a few months back Tutty was going rip the competition to shreds. Tutty has not done that in the AFL or VFL this year. At some point, journos should stop reporting his random dribble.

Mofra
10-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Cloke is finished - his back doesn't allow him to be the player he was even two year ago, let alone at his peak.

I'll look at anyone who makes our list better but they actually have to be capable of making our list better.

Twodogs
10-05-2016, 11:08 AM
I think Juddy has taken a few too many blows to the head.

Or he's Travis Cloke's manager.

Greystache
10-05-2016, 11:13 AM
Ahh the old X tall player can't get a game so where can we ship him off to article. The Bulldogs are always needing talls, job done. How easy is this media game!

Twodogs
10-05-2016, 11:15 AM
Ahh the old X tall player can't get a game so where can we ship him off to article. The Bulldogs are always needing talls, job done. How easy is this media game!

Gee these headaches are getting real bad. Now what was I doing? Oh yeah, the Sam Reid to the Bulldogs article.

Webby
10-05-2016, 11:27 AM
Jack Redpath's next 3-5 years of footy will be better than Cloke's.... Then we've got to fit Tom
Boyd and Campbell into the side.

We need a tall defender. Certainly not an over paid, washed up, inaccurate forward!

Bulldog4life
10-05-2016, 11:29 AM
Definitely no no no. But I do want to see Tommy Boyd and big Jack in the same team.

Murphy'sLore
10-05-2016, 11:36 AM
Have we ever actually played Boyd and Redpath together? I can't remember.

always right
10-05-2016, 11:41 AM
Pass

Bulldog4life
10-05-2016, 11:47 AM

Not that I can remember Murph. It could happen soon I hope.

Greystache
10-05-2016, 11:54 AM

Round one last season, but I'm not sure it's happened since. Jack had a stinker that night which probably didn't do the set up many favours.

bulldogtragic
10-05-2016, 11:57 AM
John Butcher.

Templeton31
10-05-2016, 12:07 PM
No thanks Juddy.

bornadog
10-05-2016, 12:10 PM
John Butcher.

No thanks to Butcher or Cloke.

We need a backman that can play on gorilla backs.

bulldogtragic
10-05-2016, 12:12 PM
No thanks to Butcher or Cloke.

We need a backman that can play on gorilla backs.

Sorry. The next KPF article will be John Butcher (spud). Happy to give odds on it.

Greystache
10-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Sorry. The next KPF article will be John Butcher (spud). Happy to give odds on it.

Or Vickery (spud)

bulldogtragic
10-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Or Vickery (spud)

How does Daniel Currie go up forward?

Dancin' Douggy
10-05-2016, 12:33 PM
Put this straight in the 'talls of shame ' file.

Axe Man
10-05-2016, 12:42 PM

Round one last season, but I'm not sure it's happened since. Jack had a stinker that night which probably didn't do the set up many favours.

They also played together against Gold Coast in Cairns and Geelong in Gelong, which were also Tom's last 2 AFL games of the season.

Ozza
10-05-2016, 12:54 PM

Tim Boyle to write an article about Tim Boyle to the dogs...

EasternWest
10-05-2016, 02:04 PM
Titus O'Reilly just tweeted "what does Chris Judd have against the Bulldogs". Sums it up for me.

F'scary
10-05-2016, 02:25 PM

Round 1, 2015.

hujsh
10-05-2016, 03:15 PM
Next we'll be linked to Liam Jones.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
10-05-2016, 03:59 PM
Reminds me of the Get Fevola calls a couple of years ago

comrade
10-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Reminds me of the Get Fevola calls a couple of years ago

Now there's an idea!

Mofra
10-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Next we'll be linked to Liam Jones.
10.5 beep test they said on the radio on the weekend.
Pathetic from a supposedly elite athlete

BulldogBelle
10-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Just the thought of it gives me shudders!

hujsh
10-05-2016, 07:53 PM

We'll turn him around just like we will Cloke. With...uh...magic?

whythelongface
10-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Who is this Travis Cloke fellow?

bulldogtragic
10-05-2016, 08:01 PM

Seriously? My best was 10.5 and my best was/is putrid.

Greystache
10-05-2016, 08:21 PM

I ran 10.2 coming back from knee surgery and had never felt so immobile. Credit to him giving AFL a crack in that sort of shape, I found playing CHF in school footy tough :D

bulldogtragic
10-05-2016, 08:29 PM
I ran 10.2 coming back from knee surgery and had never felt so immobile. Credit to him giving AFL a crack in that sort of shape, I found playing CHF in school footy tough :D

It takes a special kind of courage doesn't it? And a special kind of bloody stupidity to invest a million dollars in it. Both amusing to be fair!

The Doctor
10-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Nothing to see here folks. bevo has ruled it out

ratsmac
10-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Oh hell no!

But then again he could always help out in the pound.

Go_Dogs
10-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Caught this question being asked at Bevo's press conference today.

Chasing Cloke doesn't really appeal to me, albeit there is at least one recent example of an under-performing tall forward going to another club and doing OK in Waite.

F'scary
10-05-2016, 10:49 PM
Judd trying to revenge Carlton for the Jones' trade.

bornadog
10-05-2016, 11:43 PM
Murphy was also asked on AFL 360 and said, no we don't need him, we have some pretty good developing talls.

Sedat
11-05-2016, 12:11 AM
Oh no thanks there is no way in the world I am prepared to give that sook / DH a premiership medal playing for our club. It would soil the whole experience.
Whilst I agree with not wanting to pick up Travis Cloke, here is a list of people I would gladly recruit to the club if it meant we won a flag:

Ian Collins
Ross Oakley
Shane McInernay
Michael Talia

bulldogtragic
11-05-2016, 01:17 AM
Whilst I agree with not wanting to pick up Travis Cloke, here is a list of people I would gladly recruit to the club if it meant we won a flag:

Ian Collins
Ross Oakley
Shane McInernay
Michael Talia

That's very cunning of you Sedat, I see what you're doing... And I for one like it. We take the premiership, and while celebrating the win in Footscray, with them at the club, then we the fans go all 1992 Chicago Bulls playoff winning style riots and take them all out in one foul swoop with no witnesses and no police able to stop it or collect any usable evidence. A premiership and a take down of everyone who has it coming. You magnificent evil genius Sedat!!

jeemak
11-05-2016, 01:30 AM

It takes a special kind of courage doesn't it? And a special kind of bloody stupidity to invest a million dollars in it. Both amusing to be fair!

It takes a lot of bongs not to be able to hit 10.5.....

Ghost Dog
11-05-2016, 02:40 AM
I feel sorry for Cloke. Was never the same after those idiots on the GC beat him up.

1eyedog
11-05-2016, 08:27 AM
I know a few people who hit the pipe before playing both footy and cricket.

Mofra
11-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Chasing Cloke doesn't really appeal to me, albeit there is at least one recent example of an under-performing tall forward going to another club and doing OK in Waite.
Waite didn't have a degenerative back issue though and was still earning a spot in the senior side.

What sort of silly club takes a punt on a player with a degenerative back issue eh? ;)

Bulldog4life
11-05-2016, 11:06 AM

How did you play?:)

ledge
11-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Luke has said not interested , happy with the talls we have.
I think Luke is recognising Redpath has reached the age of performing and with Boyd just behind him . We are fine.
So what position player would we be looking at recruiting next year , backs ? I doubt it with Adams, Collins, JJ,Cordy, Biggs, Suckling all being here.
Older retiring players are already covered.
We have a great list actually not sure where we are lacking, it's mostly a getting experience and a young age problem at the moment.

Mofra
11-05-2016, 12:26 PM
We have a great list actually not sure where we are lacking, it's mostly a getting experience and a young age problem at the moment.
TBH a mature ruck back-up or a developing type if we're not happy with Goetz's progress.

Apart from that we can stick to a "draft & develop" strategy unless a FA pops up

Twodogs
11-05-2016, 05:12 PM

Before playing cricket? I reckon that might have been maintenance rather rhan performance enhancing.

1eyedog
11-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Before playing cricket? I reckon that might have been maintenance rather rhan performance enhancing.

Correct. Required first thing in order to get to the ground. Although some of them claimed they got their eye in after a few billys.

Twodogs
11-05-2016, 08:29 PM
Yeah right. I've tried to field in the slips stoned. The first chance hit me on the right shoulder before I'd even reacted.

LostDoggy
11-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/western-bulldogs-should-chase-embattled-collingwood-forward-travis-cloke-chris-judd-says/news-story/a6df32ec84a7ffcd6c01f1fa7b2adf3a?from=herald%20sun_rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

DROPPED Collingwood forward Travis Cloke should be a target for the Western Bulldogs, according to dual Brownlow medal winner Chris Judd.

Judd, who retired from Carlton last year after rupturing his ACL, believes the Bulldogs are a premiership contender this season but need more depth with tales.

And he says they could do worse than looking to Cloke, who has been dropped to the VFL.

“I definitely think they’re a premiership contender,” Judd said on Channel 9.

“I think they run really deep with their smalls and their mids

“They probably need a little bit more depth with their talls, and if I was them I’d be looking at trying to get Travis Cloke into the team.”
He definitely thinks Cloke could fit right in alongside Jack Redpath and Tom Boyd, using Adelaide’s forwardline of Taylor Walker, Josh Jenkins and Tom Lynch as a perfect example.

“I think so. I don’t think teams can afford to go too small in their forward line,” Judd said.

“I think you can afford to go small down back because you’ve often got an extra number and he gets the chance to fly across and spoil, but I think up forward you need three good talls.”

“The most potent forward line in the competition by far at the moment is Adelaide, and a big part of that is their talls down there.”

Cloke quashed suggestions that he is considering leaving the Holden Centre.

“There’s absolutely no truth (about leaving Collingwood). I’m contracted until the end of next year. I find it interesting and have a bit of a giggle (about it),” he said.

“At the same time, I love this club (and) I love my coach, Nathan. The reason I stayed at this club originally was because of Bucks and this footy club, so I don’t have a reason to look elsewhere.”

The forward couldn’t put a date on when he hopes to return to the seniors, having pulled out of Saturday’s VFL clash with back trouble.

“I’m not really putting a date on it. I just want to put a good block of footy together,” Cloke said.

“When I’m required to step up and play AFL football, I’ll get that call and nod from Bucks.

“I do look forward to it, I’m eagerly awaiting and looking forward to playing in the seniors but at the same time there are processes in place.”

Computer says No!!!!

1eyedog
12-05-2016, 09:48 AM
Yeah right. I've tried to field in the slips stoned. The first chance hit me on the right shoulder before I'd even reacted.

Yep I have too and 3rd man is the place to be. Reaction time is interesting, you can actually premeditate a fair bit in cricket and make it work plus you take more risk with the bat as well.

I wouldn't like fielding in slips but being a bowler I never needed to. I tell you that I used to be able to bowl all day after a morning sess.

Performance enhancing? Well yes I could bowl at one end for the day for the benefit of the team.

Anyhow...