PDA

View Full Version : Competition For Spots

bulldogtragic
15-05-2016, 10:23 PM
Today was a really good team win. Over the next 2-3 weeks we have Stevens, Hrovat, Tom Boyd, Adams, (Collins & Cordy who have been rested too) and Suckling available for selection, some with a VFL game or two as well by 3 rounds time.

Leaving aside Webb, Jong, Dunkley, Honeychurch and others performing at VFL level. How do we squeeze all these players in before JJ absolutely comes back and possibly that Clay Smith comes back?

Can Camhead, Redders & Tom Boyd all play in the same side?
How many small forward and pinch hitting mids can we play? (Daniel, Honeychurch, Hrovat, McLean, Dunkley etc)
How many inside mids can we play?
Is our best set up with two genuine KPDs? (From: Collins, Adams, Cordy, Hamling, Roberts)

The media have rightfully played the injury list card, but outside of knee injury blokes, most are back immently with JJ a few weeks later. That's a lot of good headaches shortly.

comrade
15-05-2016, 10:31 PM
We have 2 in the team that are not quite getting gifted games, but are fairly close in Williams and Dale.

They'll be replaced as soon as Stevens and Suckling are ready to go.

Adcock will struggle to retain his spot when JJ is back. Roberts will likely go when Adams is cherry ripe.

I have no idea if we can fit Camhead, Boyd and Redders in one team. My gut feel is no, we lose too much run but it may depend on match ups. If the opposition is tall up forward - North or GWS for example - Roughy could float down back when Campbell is rucking, allowing Boyd and Redpath to stay in the forward 50.

Bevo said after the game that all 4 can play together, but I'm not sure he'll pull the trigger.