North Melbourne v Carlton Etihad Stadium 7.25pm

Fremantle v Richmond Subiaco Oval 7.40pm

Sun May 22 2016

Melbourne v Brisbane Lions MCG 1.10pm

GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs Spotless Stadium 3.20pm

St Kilda v Essendon Etihad Stadium 4.40pm

comrade
20-05-2016, 09:57 PM
The Roughy news having an effect on the Hawks? Very flat half.

jeemak
20-05-2016, 11:26 PM
I think the Hawks started the season fit, but their age and injuries are hitting them hard now and it's exposing the ordinary players on their list.

What's happened to Roughead is horrible. I hope he gets well. What's happening to the rest of them though is nothing to do with him.

Just like any dominant list there ever was, once the clock ticks one stroke too far it's a steady decline. I'm really looking forward to Jordan Lewis and Will Langford being exposed as the ordinary footballers they actually are.

And I'm also looking forward to their supporters sooking it up big time in the coming months.

Sedat
20-05-2016, 11:39 PM
Tippett has been exceptional this year in that ruck/forward role - he's the blueprint for Tom Boyd to follow

jeemak
20-05-2016, 11:49 PM
Tippett has been exceptional this year in that ruck/forward role - he's the blueprint for Tom Boyd to follow

Absolutely.

Aside from genuine forward/mid utilities like Stringer a Tippett type is the most important type of player on the ground.

bornadog
20-05-2016, 11:56 PM
They were lucky to win three in a row by 3 points, otherwise they shouldn't be in the 8

Remi Moses
21-05-2016, 12:09 AM
Hawthorn look worn out for me . Sydney smashed them around the ball, and showed they have a heavy reliance on Mitchell.
Lewis has struggled basically all year, and how On earth did Richmond knock over Sydney?

Twodogs
21-05-2016, 01:03 AM
Hawthorn look worn out for me . Sydney smashed them around the ball, and showed they have a heavy reliance on Mitchell.
Lewis has struggled basically all year, and how On earth did Richmond knock over Sydney?

Richmond always seem to beat Sydney. Just one of those things. Hawks miss Hodge and Roughead.

Bulldog Joe
21-05-2016, 08:27 AM
I thought players like Hill and Isaac Smith looked decidedly ordinary whenever they were pressured.

We always knew that role players can look very good in in really good teams. Hawthorn may be coming to a point where the role players will get regularly exposed.

Sicily takes a nice grab but the kicking that got them over the line against us was missing.

I felt that Hawthorn lost a chance when O'Brien missed the set shot from about 20 and Sydney goaled from the kick-in. Sydney pretty well controlled the game from then.

comrade
21-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Having someone go head to head with Mitchell to put the clamps on stops so much of their engine room momentum. I hope we look to do something similar next time.

Mantis
21-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Having someone go head to head with Mitchell to put the clamps on stops so much of their engine room momentum. I hope we look to do something similar next time.

We did when Daniel went to him in the 2nd qtr, but being 5 goals to zip at that stage was the difference in the final wash-up.

comrade
21-05-2016, 10:15 AM
We did when Daniel went to him in the 2nd qtr, but being 5 goals to zip at that stage was the difference in the final wash-up.

Good point, I forgot that happened and haven't bothered to watch much of the replay.

You'd imagine Bevo would send someone to him from the first bounce next time.

azabob
21-05-2016, 03:35 PM
Glad to see we get to play an inform Collingwood next week....

jeemak
21-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Was thinking that Az.

Will be interesting to see if the cats come back and win it from 21 points presently. If they weren't media darlings before this week they would definitly be afterwards.

Remi Moses
21-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Geelong were running in cement in the first term. Just no run or movement .
Impressive win from the pies, as they were challenged heavily, and responded.
A 211 cm ruckman goaling on the run , very Harry Madden .

Remi Moses
21-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Good news for the top half this result, and watch the magpie hype meter go up .

The Adelaide Connection
21-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Darcy McPherson did his knee versus Adelaide this afternoon. They are saying medial. Obviously horrible for him and just another one on GC's monster injury list. Is one of their training drills to run under ladders and kick a black cat?

Ghost Dog
21-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Buddy and Tippet twin towers looking ominous. Buddy kicking 80m goals. It's good to see him back to his best.

comrade
21-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Putting aside my Bulldogs bias, Buddy in full flight is the best thing to watch in the game. The stuff he can do is beyond even what other players could even think of attempting. Well maybe Jake Stringer would have a crack...

1eyedog
21-05-2016, 08:23 PM
Need the Blues to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Remi Moses
21-05-2016, 08:23 PM
Gee port would be gutted Josh Kennedy didn't stay in Perth for the birth of his child .
Kicked a lazy 7

Twodogs
21-05-2016, 09:05 PM
Putting aside my Bulldogs bias, Buddy in full flight is the best thing to watch in the game. The stuff he can do is beyond even what other players could even think of attempting. Well maybe Jake Stringer would have a crack...

Isn't he awesome to watch? You just knew that time in the third quarter when the ball landed in his hands and he was running toward goals that it was going through no matter how far out he was.

Twodogs
21-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Need the Blues to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Yeah. Um, Come on, Cark, Caarrrkkkk, go the, bleh, ble, bleeerrrhhhkkkk, cah, cah, cah comeontheblues

bulldogtragic
21-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Cmon Liam, 2 kicks and 5 handballs. Three more to go.

Dry Rot
21-05-2016, 10:34 PM
WTF has happened to Freo? They are truly shitful.

ratsmac
21-05-2016, 10:39 PM
With Geelong losing second spot is there for the taking. It would take a decent win though.

bulldogtragic
21-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Cmon Liam, 2 kicks and 5 handballs. Three more to go.

Cmon man. I'm enduring this to say I saw the game in which Liam Jones got 10 or more touches. Hurry up!!

bulldogtragic
21-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Cmon man. I'm enduring this to say I saw the game in which Liam Jones got 10 or more touches. Hurry up!!

Yay! 3 kicks, 9 handballs, 1 mark. His best since Round 13 2014 (16 touches). Admitadly, it's his equal worst kicks per game and equal worst marks per game with Carlton.

Twodogs
22-05-2016, 12:19 AM
WTF has happened to Freo? They are truly shitful.

They've been Lyoned.

Hasn't been a real good year for Lyons in the footy world.

Ghost Dog
22-05-2016, 10:56 AM
Are Port the dirtiest side in the comp? Seems to be going that way.
I'm sort of getting a perverse pleasure from watching Ross Lyon's press conferences atm. He's usually pretty good at giving journalists the high-hat, but these days he's having to pull on his own leash a bit.

Not sure how much longer he can use the lines "We've been in bigger holes than this."

comrade
22-05-2016, 12:48 PM
As expected, Carlton came back to earth with a thud last night. With Kreuzer out, they're in for a tough time.

Ghost Dog
22-05-2016, 12:55 PM
Their fans must be at the point we got to with Shaun Higgins. Life as normal - rehab again.

jeemak
22-05-2016, 02:42 PM
I don't understand the perversion the media has when it comes to Melbourne. In the pre-game on ABC Rama was talking them up and said they had opportunities to win last week, meaning against us.

Attending the game I never felt nervous, and was a little peeved we didn't do them by 50 points. Not sure what game he was watching.

bornadog
22-05-2016, 02:43 PM
I don't understand the perversion the media has when it comes to Melbourne. In the pre-game on ABC Rama was talking them up and said they had opportunities to win last week, meaning against us.

Attending the game I never felt nervous, and was a little peeved we didn't do them by 50 points. Not sure what game he was watching.

I felt the same way, I never felt they would threaten us at all.

comrade
22-05-2016, 02:47 PM
Brisbane are just bereft. How are they going to climb out of this cess pool they've created up there?

jeemak
22-05-2016, 03:38 PM
Brisbane are just bereft. How are they going to climb out of this cess pool they've created up there?

The AFL will throw concessions at them like they always have.

bulldogtragic
22-05-2016, 03:39 PM

I guess from a strict point of view, they were a 50/50 chance to win before the game started. I heard a saying that 'you only open your mouth to speak if it adds to the situation'. Clearly commentators are too busy opening their mouths with drivel to notice they're adding no insight.

bornadog
22-05-2016, 03:39 PM
The AFL will throw concessions at them like they always have.

merge with GC

Remi Moses
22-05-2016, 04:00 PM

I heard that as well, and was very surprised . I thought the result flattered Melbourne to be honest.
He did pick the Dees though

comrade
22-05-2016, 04:04 PM
merge with GC

And then in 10 years start up a new franchise based in Cairns (Crocodiles?), and then eventually merge them with Brisbane to become the North QLD Lion-Crocs.

Mantis
22-05-2016, 07:29 PM

Doesn't help having Rockliff and Beams not playing.

Go_Dogs
22-05-2016, 07:49 PM
And then in 10 years start up a new franchise based in Cairns (Crocodiles?), and then eventually merge them with Brisbane to become the North QLD Lion-Crocs.

I like it, but I'd call them the Sunny North QLD Lion-Crocs.

Besides the Collingwood upset win, it's been a fairly unexceptional weekend of footy.