PDA

View Full Version : Rookie List Team of The Decade (or so)

bulldogtragic
21-05-2016, 08:15 PM
The rookie list has been great for us. A lot of great picks, experience depth types and of course a chunk of misses. But overall really good and looks set to return even more success. So the team of the decade, give or take a few years:

B: Adcock Austin Roberts* (was taken at the PSD after being overlooked for the ND. But he's close enough)
HB: Harbrow Morris JJ
C: Hahn M. Boyd Goodes
HF: Barlow Redpath Hooper
F: Jong Davison Pearce
R: Campbell, Dahlhaus, Picken
Int: R. Smith, Moles, Greenwood, Panos
Emerg: Pask, Condos , Mulligan

Total AFL games since being rookie listed: 1,152

hujsh
21-05-2016, 08:23 PM
Forgot Hahn had a year on the rookie list at the end but surely that doesn't qualify him for the team? Did he even play a game that year?

bulldogtragic
21-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Forgot Hahn had a year on the rookie list at the end but surely that doesn't qualify him for the team? Did he even play a game that year?

No, but he is easily the best rookie to not play a senior game. Some of the names we recruited were a complete surprise to me. John Who?

F'scary
21-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Ed Barlow. Should never have let him go. Second biggest blunder by Macca. (The first was, of course, the appointment of the Grifter as captain).

Twodogs
21-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Did you pick Roberts in that particular position specifically so you could add the qualification afterward?

bulldogtragic
21-05-2016, 10:37 PM
Did you pick Roberts in that particular position specifically so you could add the qualification afterward?

You know me too well. Yes.

Twodogs
22-05-2016, 01:22 AM
You know me too well. Yes.

Thought so.

LostDoggy
22-05-2016, 01:27 AM
Geez, a fair number of those names wouldn't make a bevo bulldog side

bulldogtragic
22-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Geez, a fair number of those names wouldn't make a bevo bulldog side

True. I wouldn't mind Harbrow about now though and forgetting the Sherman Experience.

ratsmac
22-05-2016, 10:33 AM
True. I wouldn't mind Harbrow about now though and forgetting the Sherman Experience.

That's got to be one of the worst picks ever doesn't it? Actually Rawlings might trump it being the first pick.

bulldogtragic
22-05-2016, 11:34 AM
That's got to be one of the worst picks ever doesn't it? Actually Rawlings might trump it being the first pick.

Yep, both are in the same group with Koops & Street.

Hot_Doggies
22-05-2016, 01:37 PM
The rookie list has been great for us. A lot of great picks, experience depth types and of course a chunk of misses. But overall really good and looks set to return even more success. So the team of the decade, give or take a few years:

B: Adcock Austin Roberts* (was taken at the PSD after being overlooked for the ND. But he's close enough)
HB: Harbrow Morris JJ
C: Hahn M. Boyd Goodes
HF: Barlow Redpath Hooper
F: Jong Davison Pearce
R: Campbell, Dahlhaus, Picken
Int: R. Smith, Moles, Greenwood, Williams
Emerg: Easty Panos, Pask, Condos

Total AFL games since being rookie listed: 1,152

Which Williams is on the bench?

Twodogs
22-05-2016, 01:54 PM

Both. It's a ruse to trick the other Rookie List teams. We are gonna have 23 players! Sometimes Tom, sometimes Bailey.

bulldogtragic
22-05-2016, 01:54 PM

Bailey.

Bulldog4life
22-05-2016, 01:57 PM
Bailey.

He is on the main list BT.

bulldogtragic
22-05-2016, 02:00 PM
He is on the main list BT.

Always with facts B4L. Always twisting my truths with facts. This is at least the 4,059 time you've done this, honestly.

Mulligan now gets into an emergency spot. I hope you're happy, Mulligan was shite at everything including training Jones for his first season at Carlton.

Bulldog4life
22-05-2016, 02:01 PM
Always with facts B4L. Always twisting my truths with facts. This is at least the 4,059 time you've done this, honestly.

And I'll keep doing it.:)

bulldogtragic
22-05-2016, 02:05 PM
And I'll keep doing it.:)

Thanks! I look forward to it! :D

G-Mo77
22-05-2016, 04:10 PM
I was spewing (at the time) that Panos never got a shot at it.

Twodogs
23-05-2016, 08:56 AM
I was spewing (at the time) that Panos never got a shot at it.

Went back to SA and trained as a midfielder and reentered the draft. The kid must really love football.

Mofra
23-05-2016, 10:14 AM
Went back to SA and trained as a midfielder and reentered the draft. The kid must really love football.
Was doing quite well as a big (but slow) inside mid. Shame he never got his chance at AFL level

Twodogs
23-05-2016, 01:06 PM
Was doing quite well as a big (but slow) inside mid. Shame he never got his chance at AFL level

Its a pretty fair effort i reckon. He was on our list for 3 (?) years then he got the lemonade, then he goes back to SA and retrained, adjusted his body size and learned new skills