PDA

View Full Version : MRP - Jong

SonofScray
23-05-2016, 12:34 AM
How many weeks? For mine it is two, but should be none. That is a collision, not someone opting to bump.

I suspect that there was a collision where Macrae got hit in the head that some players would get cited for, but not GWS.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2016, 12:36 AM
Who knows? Chook lotto. 2-4 weeks depending on the winds this week.

bornadog
23-05-2016, 12:39 AM
How many weeks? For mine it is two, but should be none. That is a collision, not someone opting to bump.

I suspect that there was a collision where Macrae got hit in the head that some players would get cited for, but not GWS.

Was it much different to Vince on Wallis? I guess they will go on medical report.

Doc26
23-05-2016, 12:47 AM

My guess is that it will be assessed as careless, with high impact to the head ( as Buntine didn't return ). 3 weeks down to 2 with an early plea unfortunately.

SonofScray
23-05-2016, 12:49 AM
They'll go with intentional, high impact contact to the head.

Really though, it was an act of self preservation as the ball changed direction and Buntine clattered into Jong who had pulled up and turned his body. If he chose to bump he would have ran right through him rather than stop in his tracks. The fact Buntine stayed off will hurt Jong, but to me that is a serious flaw in the system, if the roles are reversed, Jong plays on given he isn't a punce.

Clearly no malice or intent and few other options for Jong once the ball fell the way it did. Regardless of what Leigh Matthews tried to make out. I really dislike that old prick, looking forward to the day he disappears from public life.

NoseBleed
23-05-2016, 04:19 AM
One player ran past the ball, the other turned to protect himself. Nothing to see here.

bornadog
23-05-2016, 02:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THQHddWE7RY

Sedat
23-05-2016, 02:46 PM
He'll get a week and fair enough. Wasn't malicious but when you don't go down low enough and make contact to the head you're in all sorts of trouble.

Flamethrower
23-05-2016, 04:33 PM
The problem for Jong is that Buntine has a history of concussion, so he is susceptible to even minor contact. If it was Wallis or Cement Head Ward that was hit they would get straight up saying "Is that the best you've got?".

bornadog
23-05-2016, 05:24 PM
MRP in:

Lin Jong can accept 2 games, rough conduct on M Buntine.

Twodogs
23-05-2016, 05:48 PM
One week for the bump, one week for being a Western Bulldog. Sounds about right.

soupman
23-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Assessed as Careless, high contact, High impact.

Seems harsh considering he did not commit to the bump and the fact it hurt him so seemed rather unlucky.

Rocco Jones
23-05-2016, 06:12 PM
I actually think two weeks is fair. A of huff and puff from fans with these kinds of bumps, saying footy needs to be a tough game and all that rah, rah. I think tough is putting your head in danger trying to get the pill. There wasn't malice in Jong's bump but it was careless and very dangerous.

lemmon
23-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Not saying it's the wrong call as Jong turned his body and it ended up becoming a bump but what should a player actually be doing in that situation? If he goes head first both players are in danger

Bulldog Revolution
23-05-2016, 06:19 PM
feels harsh - he was genuinely tracking the ball and then this kind of happened, but maybe I view it through red, white and blue coloured glasses

ratsmac
23-05-2016, 06:24 PM
2 weeks is about right in a common sense ruling.

Although in comparison with Bernie Vince's bump on Wallis last week, I think Vince's bump had more impact and he had more intent on the bumping than going for the ball. The difference is Wallis can take a hit, Vince gets off scot free. Work that one out.

Jong is two weeks this day and age and I have no problem with that. Vince should of got at least one.

Scorlibo
23-05-2016, 06:27 PM
How does Vince's bump on Wallis' head not get at least the same penalty?

soupman
23-05-2016, 06:51 PM
I actually think two weeks is fair. A of huff and puff from fans with these kinds of bumps, saying footy needs to be a tough game and all that rah, rah. I think tough is putting your head in danger trying to get the pill. There wasn't malice in Jong's bump but it was careless and very dangerous.
That's the annoying part. I'm fine with him being suspended, that's the reality of the game now. It's just shit that he can be put in an awkward position by an awkward bounce, not even see the guy until the last second and even then not fully commit to the bump (his right hand is put out to try and help absorb the impact). I agree it was ultimately careless and dangerous and it did hurt the guy but it was also instinctive and pretty accidental.

Plus you can see he is visibly remorseful immediately after.

SonofScray
23-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Its another example of trial by outcome. You can perform the same illegal act twice, with all conditions the same bar the outcome for the opponent and arrive at a different penalty. I don't like that.

i expected two weeks in the current environment. Its just that the environment is toxic.

bornadog
23-05-2016, 11:59 PM
2 weeks is about right in a common sense ruling.

Although in comparison with Bernie Vince's bump on Wallis last week, I think Vince's bump had more impact and he had more intent on the bumping than going for the ball. The difference is Wallis can take a hit, Vince gets off scot free. Work that one out.

Jong is two weeks this day and age and I have no problem with that. Vince should of got at least one.

The bump was assessed as a three week penalty and early plea two. How the hell can that bump be deemed to be that bad to make it three weeks.

Twodogs
24-05-2016, 04:36 AM
The bump was assessed as a three week penalty and early plea two. How the hell can that bump be deemed to be that bad to make it three weeks.

Don't forget to add the week for being a bulldog player.

Still the only club to have a player suspended for wrestling.

Bulldog Joe
24-05-2016, 06:42 AM

You have to add the effect penalty. Buntine was concussed under unable to play any further part.

Intent does not seem to matter or it is determined by outcome.

bornadog
24-05-2016, 10:07 AM

Todd Curley says hello.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
24-05-2016, 10:45 AM
That was disgraceful we have been royally screwed over by the tribunal over the years

KT31
24-05-2016, 12:17 PM

Don't start the thread de-rail by mentioning Grant.

G-Mo77
24-05-2016, 12:44 PM
We'd want 2 if it was Buntine ko'ing Jong. It seems about right considering the formula they use. I'll argue Jong really didn't have intent to hit so he's stiff there.

Bringing up past reports or non reports look at Cameron's hit on JJ last time we played them away. It ended JJ's season but because he didn't hit his head Cameron had no case to answer.

bornadog
24-05-2016, 02:07 PM
I think Jong hit Buntine on the shoulder. From the screen shot below, you can see Buntine's head on the outside of Jong's body. He must have received concussion when he hit the ground.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/Screenshot%202016-05-24%2013.02.04_zpshipctmru.png

boydogs
24-05-2016, 02:32 PM
I would have no problem with 2 weeks except Buntine went past the ball. Jong wouldn't have bumped if Buntine was over the ball, Jong just braced for contact on the way to the ball

There was a similar incident later in the game where Jong pulled up before he got to the ball and impact was minor to non existent

bornadog
24-05-2016, 02:34 PM
I would have no problem with 2 weeks except Buntine went past the ball. Jong wouldn't have bumped if Buntine was over the ball, Jong just braced for contact on the way to the ball

There was a similar incident later in the game where Jong pulled up before he got to the ball and impact was minor to non existent

We should challenge this as the head was not hit. Jong hit him on the shoulder.

bornadog
24-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Lin Jong has accepted his two match suspension:mad:

Twodogs
24-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Todd Curley says hello.

Couldn't think of a way of wording it.

First and worst for an umpire backing into a player?

bornadog
24-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Couldn't think of a way of wording it.

First and worst for an umpire backing into a player?

I would have to say honestly that was the worst penalty in the history of football and a real disgusting injustice, probably close to the Grant penalty.

The bulldog tragician
24-05-2016, 06:24 PM
I would have to say honestly that was the worst penalty in the history of football and a real disgusting injustice, probably close to the Grant penalty.

It just about finished Curley's career too.

S Coast Simon
30-05-2016, 09:22 PM
I understand this is not about Jong but just read that Motlop got off a strike the the groin as it was deemed " no forceful contact to the groin ". Not sure what they were watching but he clearly hit the Carlton player in the groin on purpose. Any wonder we all think the MRP are a joke

Remi Moses
30-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Just chooklotto

LostDoggy
30-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Just chooklotto

Pluck A Duck ;)

S Coast Simon
30-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Sadly they just continue to insult people's intelligence on a weekly basis

SonofScray
30-05-2016, 09:50 PM
I understand this is not about Jong but just read that Motlop got off a strike the the groin as it was deemed " no forceful contact to the groin ". Not sure what they were watching but he clearly hit the Carlton player in the groin on purpose. Any wonder we all think the MRP are a joke

There is a fundamental imbalance in the penalties. Why should a poorly executed skill of the game, or n accidental collision resulting in injury to a party incur a greater penalty than a deliberate, malicious act that falls outside the scope of skills of the game?

Murphy'sLore
31-05-2016, 03:13 PM
There seems to be no concept of mens rea whatsoever in tribunal decisions. It's all actus reus!

Remi Moses
31-05-2016, 05:17 PM
The head is sacrosanct, but the gonads aren't .
Jack Viney's three punches gets a week, yet an accidental head contact gets two weeks .

S Coast Simon
10-06-2016, 09:05 PM
Can anyone explain to me the difference between Hurns head high contact and Jongs head high contact. Both braced for contact

G-Mo77
11-06-2016, 12:26 AM
Can anyone explain to me the difference between Hurns head high contact and Jongs head high contact. Both braced for contact

One caused concussed the other was on a Bulldog player. Concussion or not Hurn was always getting off

bornadog
11-06-2016, 12:27 AM

MRP= AFL = A joke

S Coast Simon
11-06-2016, 01:50 AM
One caused concussed the other was on a Bulldog player. Concussion or not Hurn was always getting off

Sad but true. Like when Vince go nothing but Wallis's head and the MRP claimed Vince didn't touch him