Essendon v Richmond MCG 7.25pm

Adelaide v GWS Giants Adelaide Oval 7.40pm

Sunday May 29 2016

Carlton v Geelong Etihad Stadium 1.10pm

Collingwood v Western Bulldogs MCG 3.20pm

West Coast Eagles v Gold Coast Suns Subiaco Oval 4:40pm

Mantis
27-05-2016, 03:57 PM
GC can't take a trick.. On the back of 5 x 70+ point beatings they cop the ultimate in flat track bullies... JK to kick plenty, May should've hit Martin harder.

comrade
27-05-2016, 04:28 PM
It's probably better for us if Sydney loses but I'd love to see Buddy tear Norf a new one tonight.

bornadog
27-05-2016, 04:47 PM
It's probably better for us if Sydney loses but I'd love to see Buddy tear Norf a new one tonight.

He will.

Go_Dogs
27-05-2016, 07:08 PM

I'd be very happy with that.

Swans comfortably tonight is my tip, although I'm interested to see how their defenders deal with the tall Norf forward line.

1eyedog
27-05-2016, 07:10 PM
I hope North get killed tonight. They are liable to a second half of the season collapse.

comrade
27-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Excellent...

Twodogs
27-05-2016, 08:14 PM

Hadn't even counted on the ramifications for us. I was just letting my hared for North bubble to the surface and I'm hoping they get pumped. Watching buddy play some sublime footy will be icing on the cake.

bulldogtragic
27-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Is there anyone in the afl more unlikable than Lindsay Thomas? I think not.

jeemak
27-05-2016, 08:39 PM

Come on, he's OK when he's missing easy shots on goal.

azabob
27-05-2016, 08:45 PM

A few of his teamates challenge him. Harvey, Petrie, Thompson, Ferrito

bulldogtragic
27-05-2016, 08:50 PM
A few of his teamates challenge him. Harvey, Petrie, Thompson, Ferrito

& Nahas. I love LT playing for every free kick possibility which rules him out of virtually any chance at a second effort. If I was his team mate I'd be furious with him because unless he draws the free kick they play with a 5 man forward line against 6 defenders.

jeemak
27-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Good fight back from Norf.

1eyedog
27-05-2016, 09:15 PM

I hate Stephen Milne more.

boydogs
27-05-2016, 09:40 PM

Sydney will finish above North IMO

jeemak
27-05-2016, 09:40 PM
Firrito is a genuine wanker.

He's a phony macho man as well.

comrade
27-05-2016, 09:53 PM

Biggest douche canoe in the league, closely followed by Scott Thompson, who is closely followed by Jarrad Waite.

comrade
27-05-2016, 09:54 PM
And for those that hate McLean's ability to draw a free, avert your eyes when Lindsay Thomas is playing. He actually stopped, look behind him at the tackler, dropped backwards into the tackler and then lifted the arm. It was a work of art in its own way.

Ghost Dog
27-05-2016, 10:07 PM
Just don't see North's tall set up being able to withstand finals footy. 73 tackles in the first three quarters starved North's forwards. That's what a good team like Sydney will do, and Petrie and Co are not good enough around the ground like Buddy and Tippet are to be involved in other parts of the ground.

jeemak
27-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Norf haven't played the ground well at all. They've looked lost for most of the game when they've had the footy, and their good players have had an usually bad night.

comrade
27-05-2016, 10:27 PM
8 blokes over 30 for North and most of them looked like it tonight.

Sedat
27-05-2016, 10:29 PM

Faux-tough

SonofScray
27-05-2016, 10:54 PM
Faux-tough

Was in a group activity with him a few years ago, doing introductions...."You probably know who I am."

bulldogtragic
27-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Was in a group activity with him a few years ago, doing introductions...."You probably know who I am."

Please tell me you said 'a dead set wanker'.

comrade
27-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Good result all round. Imagine if the Tigers get hold of them next week.

Got brutalised in close, and Sydney used the ball pretty well going forward. The small ground also compressed the North forward line so the big men were a non factor. Petrie looked cooked.

Wouldn't be shocked to see North fall in a heap in the 2nd half of the year. Goldy with ice on the knee would be a big concern. If he's gone they are ****ed.

jeemak
27-05-2016, 11:03 PM

Please tell me you said 'a dead set wanker'.

Yes of course, The Name of the Rose was an excellent film, the way you portrayed Salvatore really stole the show for mine......

Twodogs
28-05-2016, 12:28 AM
& Nahas. I love LT playing for every free kick possibility which rules him out of virtually any chance at a second effort. If I was his team mate I'd be furious with him because unless he draws the free kick they play with a 5 man forward line against 6 defenders.

I used to wonder how many more goals Matthew Lloyd would have kicked if he hadn't spent half the game laying on the ground waving his arms and looking for the umpire.

Sydney will finish above North IMO

A few sides will I think.

He couldn't let go because he knew Swans Player (Heany?) would knock him into next week so he keeps hitting his head on the ground?

Just don't see North's tall set up being able to withstand finals footy. 73 tackles in the first three quarters starved North's forwards. That's what a good team like Sydney will do, and Petrie and Co are not good enough around the ground like Buddy and Tippet are to be involved in other parts of the ground.

North have cobbled together a tall forward line that works but isn't real quality. It's not the same as Jenkins, Walker and Betts or Buddy and Tippett or Kennedy , Darling and Le Cras. Those guys drag you back into games and then over the line. I think Norths forward line need to have everything going for them to perform well.

Dry Rot
28-05-2016, 01:33 AM
Ha Ha I was at the SCG tonight and thought of you all.

Their disposal was woeful. Petrie and Waite were useless and I didn't realise Harvey was playing till the last quarter.

How did this lot beat us?

Twodogs
28-05-2016, 02:48 AM
Ha Ha I was at the SCG tonight and thought of you all.

Their disposal was woeful. Petrie and Waite were useless and I didn't realise Harvey was playing till the last quarter.

How did this lot beat us?

We had half our team out, they only used 26 players over the first 6 matches.

Too old, too sow.

comrade
28-05-2016, 07:02 AM
North haven't blooded a new debutant for over 30 games. Scott is backing in his old guard which has worked well against middling teams (and us who he got at the right time) but the lack of class and top tier talent will be shown up against the vey good teams.

They actually didn't play too badly last night, just couldn't go with the Swans for most of the night.

It was similar to our game vs the Giants, never quite close enough but never blown away...except the Giants kept kicking goals out of their rectum to keep us at bay and we had 5 key players missing, whereas Sydney were just methodical.

1eyedog
28-05-2016, 08:08 AM
Really looking forward to getting hold of North with Suckers, Redpath / Boyd, Daniel and JJ in the team for a start.

Bulldog4life
28-05-2016, 08:21 AM
Good result all round. Imagine if the Tigers get hold of them next week.

Got brutalised in close, and Sydney used the ball pretty well going forward. The small ground also compressed the North forward line so the big men were a non factor. Petrie looked cooked.

Wouldn't be shocked to see North fall in a heap in the 2nd half of the year. Goldy with ice on the knee would be a big concern. If he's gone they are ****ed.

Thinking the same thing.....and hoping too.

Twodogs
28-05-2016, 08:36 AM

I've convinced myself it will happen. I'm hoping it's more than wishful thinking though.

ratsmac
28-05-2016, 09:26 AM

I've convinced myself it will happen. I'm hoping it's more than wishful thinking though.

I know a few North supporters who think they will definitely drop out of the top 4 by the end of the season as well

anfo27
28-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Just love listening to the North supporters on SEN complain about not getting the recognition they deserve. One delusional supporter rang up complaining and went as far as saying they smashed the bulldogs at full strength. I for one hope they stay in the top 4 as thats one less team we need to worry about and we won't need to travel.
Heard Glen Luff say that the North team that beat Melbourne was the oldest team since 1945. Wow! Now thats old. Surely Harvey & Petrie are done. Everytime i see them play they have no impact on the game at all but heres hoping they go on another year.

bulldogtragic
28-05-2016, 10:09 AM
Goldstein potentially going down is a really great opportunity for Majak Daw to grab it, take it into the shadows, pin it down and have his way with the opportunity.

Bulldog4life
28-05-2016, 10:22 AM
All the oldies are hanging on thinking that they will miss out on a premiership if they retire. Interesting to see who the first couple will be to retire.

Ghost Dog
28-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Lindsay Thomas should be fined for that.
One day I hope the tackler reads his fake and side steps him, so he falls flat on the ground with the ball in his hand.

Twodogs
28-05-2016, 11:30 AM
One day I hope the tackler reads his fake and side steps him, so he falls flat on the ground with the ball in his hand.

Yep. It's the obvious thing to do. If you choreographed it properly you could have one or two live tacklers behind the player who jumps out of the way. Best possible result is Thomas jumping backwards into two tacklers arms who then shake him gently until the ball falls out and then place him gently on the ground. Ideally at least one of the tacklers would be a North player.

azabob
28-05-2016, 11:34 AM

Should Toby McLean also be fined?

ratsmac
28-05-2016, 11:52 AM

Our McLean will have a couple fines coming his way :)

I agree though, it's not a good look for the game with players going out of their way to milk a free kick in that way. Lindsay Thomas practically grabs the opponents arm and puts it across his own neck.

Players have been and will forever be trying to milk a free out of the umpires but this technique it has gone too far.

Isn't funny that it's only a big enough problem now to have the rule looked at because teams like North and the Dogs are doing it. It was fine when Selwood, Poppy and a heap of West Coast players for example were doing it.

hujsh
28-05-2016, 11:53 AM
All the oldies are hanging on thinking that they will miss out on a premiership if they retire. Interesting to see who the first couple will be to retire.

Apparently* they weren't too shattered two years ago when they lost the prelim because they didn't feel they had a real shot of winning the premiership.

Funnily enough last year they were shattered because they did think could win the premiership. Even though the best they could do in the H&A season is finish 8th

*My Dad is mates with someone who's close to a senior player. One we don't like on here. I met his mum whoo said something factually incorrect about North (events happening later than they did in real life) and didn't believe she could be wrong

Sedat
28-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Goldstein potentially going down is a really great opportunity for Majak Daw you grab it, take it into the shadows, pin it down and have his way with with the opportunity.
I see what you did there :D

Ghost Dog
28-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Should Toby McLean also be fined?

For something as blatant as that? Yes!

Twodogs
28-05-2016, 12:49 PM
Goldstein potentially going down is a really great opportunity for Majak Daw to grab it, take it into the shadows, pin it down and have his way with the opportunity.

I see what you did there :D

Anyway, point made.

Dry Rot
28-05-2016, 01:13 PM
Something to bear in mind for early July - this Swans outfit is much better than last year's model (before all the injures).

Flamethrower
28-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Just love listening to the North supporters on SEN complain about not getting the recognition they deserve. One delusional supporter rang up complaining and went as far as saying they smashed the bulldogs at full strength. I for one hope they stay in the top 4 as thats one less team we need to worry about and we won't need to travel.
Heard Glen Luff say that the North team that beat Melbourne was the oldest team since 1945. Wow! Now thats old. Surely Harvey & Petrie are done. Everytime i see them play they have no impact on the game at all but heres hoping they go on another year.

Pretty sure Boomer was born in 1945.

Twodogs
28-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Something to bear in mind for early July - this Swans outfit is much better than last year's model (before all the injures).

How did Ted Richards look at the ground DR?

Swans will be a great test for us. By then we should get some game time into Suckling and Adams. M. Boyd and Redpath back this week too.

And don't forget we won up there last year and trumpeted long and loud about it. They don't forget things like that. As much as footballers "focus on the future because we can't change the past and we only worry about things we can change" that sort of thing leaves you looking for the next opportunity to put things right. (That's what they mean about focusing on the future right?)

azabob
28-05-2016, 02:02 PM

Swans will be a great test for us. By then we should get some game time into Suckling and Adams. M. Boyd and Redpath back this week too.

And don't forget we won up there last year and trumpeted long and loud about it. They don't forget things like that. As much as footballers "focus on the future because we can't change the past and we only worry about things we can change" that sort of thing leaves you looking for the next opportunity to put things right. (That's what they mean about focusing on the future right?)

Ted Richards didn't play.

The Adelaide Connection
28-05-2016, 02:09 PM
The Lions have a real opportunity to take a scalp here (against the Hawks). All over them early into the wind, just terrible with their last disposal and decision making going forward. Have also missed some sitters.

I think the Hawks might be in more trouble than anyone realises. They will be hoping the likes of Port, Collingwood, Melbourne, and Richmond don't start finding too much form.

Dry Rot
28-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Have the Hawks lost 2 to injury? Who are they?

Dry Rot
28-05-2016, 03:01 PM

Richards didn't play. Grundy and Rampe were excellent. North tall forwards were useless.

The Adelaide Connection
28-05-2016, 03:24 PM
Spangher went down in about the first minute with what looked like a hamstring. Langford went down into the rooms after a heavy tackle (they suspected he might be having a concussion test) but I am pretty sure he came back on.

After the Lions again dominating in the second (and opening up a bit of a lead) the Hawks kicked three goals in about four minutes. They have put their foot down early in the third and are out by 17. If the Hawks get another I think the Lions mental demons will kick in and it'll be all over. If they can keep it under a couple of goals I have a feeling they will run over them in the last.

Mantis
28-05-2016, 03:48 PM

Very different team at the SCG.. Wouldn't mind playing them on the G.. They are contested animals, but the team lacks kicking skills and pace.. But Buddy scares me.

bulldogtragic
28-05-2016, 05:12 PM
One would like to think two and a half years (& $2.500,000) of the allegedly great Paul Roos would have Melbourne better than where they are. Charlie Dixon with 5 is a good sign for Port.

Twodogs
28-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Ted Richards didn't play.

Richards didn't play. Grundy and Rampe were excellent. North tall forwards were useless.

Thanks guys. On the radio I thought they said that the Swans were one down for the night and Richards didn't finish the game, I wasn't really paying attention and must have misunderstood.

bulldogtragic
28-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Huge choke by Freo!! Time for some of their guns to leave for success and Freo to rebuild.

1eyedog
28-05-2016, 07:10 PM
Freo are poisonous. Need the Cows to smash the AFL Giants tonight.

Twodogs
28-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Freo are poisonous. Need the Cows to smash the AFL Giants tonight.

I picked Adelaide.

GVGjr
28-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Saints were very good today. I know Freo are down but I think the Saints have a good structure. If Goddard develops into a key defender and Carlisle doesn't get distracted then I can see them climbing up the ladder over the next two years. Gresham had some telling possessions today

comrade
28-05-2016, 08:03 PM
Not enough midfield depth at the Saints.

Twodogs
28-05-2016, 09:34 PM

I know it's important to have a group of good mids (certainly goalkicking mids who can find targets are as valuable now as any position ever has been) but is it important to have midfield depth these days?

With less rotations meaning that matches are less about midfield rotation on, run to exhaustion, rotate off and the endless thirst to turn every forward and defender into a player who could "take a turn on the midfield".

Hopefully now that every contest doesn't attract a pack of 25 players positional play will become more important.

GVGjr
28-05-2016, 10:54 PM

It's a good point but I think that can be addressed but currently Steven, Armitage, Ross, Gresham, Newnes plus the support acts with the likes of Lonie, Sinclair, Dunstan, Acres and Billings can be something to build around.

comrade
28-05-2016, 10:58 PM
I'm not sure Lonie and Sinclair ever become true mids, Ross and Newnes are limited, Dunstan and Acres also have glaring flaws (slowish and disposal isn't great). Billings is tracking as a Higgins type but will become an A grade mid eventually.

The positive is that it's easier to bolster that part of your list, especially with an early pick.

comrade
28-05-2016, 10:58 PM
North and GWS losing makes this a good round of footy, just a shame the Dockers rolled over.

Go_Dogs
29-05-2016, 08:25 AM
I'm not sure Lonie and Sinclair ever become true mids, Ross and Newnes are limited, Dunstan and Acres also have glaring flaws (slowish and disposal isn't great). Billings is tracking as a Higgins type but will become an A grade mid eventually.

The positive is that it's easier to bolster that part of your list, especially with an early pick.

Agree with most of what you've said here, but I think Ross has really elevated his game this year.

Saints will be an interesting side over the next couple of years because they're still getting so much out of some of their stalwarts who, like North's similarly aged players, you think will begin to decline/retire sooner rather than later.

They've drafted really well for key position players but now need a couple of early picks to get those high quality midfielders that you simply need to be successful.

Twodogs
29-05-2016, 11:55 AM
Agree with most of what you've said here, but I think Ross has really elevated his game this year.

Saints will be an interesting side over the next couple of years because they're still getting so much out of some of their stalwarts who, like North's similarly aged players, you think will begin to decline/retire sooner rather than later.

They've drafted really well for key position players but now need a couple of early picks to get those high quality midfielders that you simply need to be successful.

Would they trade one of their talks for a mid/s . To any club, not necessarily us.

azabob
29-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Would they trade one of their talks for a mid/s . To any club, not necessarily us.

I don't think they have a surplus of young talls to trade out.

bulldogtragic
29-05-2016, 02:55 PM
Carlton are a much better team without Liam Jones. Hopefully they can keep it up and knock Geelong off.

Ghost Dog
29-05-2016, 03:04 PM
North and GWS losing makes this a good round of footy, just a shame the Dockers rolled over.

Yes and Brisbane made it entertaining for a bit.

EasternWest
29-05-2016, 03:50 PM
Carlton are a much better team without Liam Jones. Hopefully they can keep it up and knock Geelong off.

[Insert any club] are a much better team without Liam Jones. I can't believe what a disappointment his career is/has become.

ledge
29-05-2016, 03:53 PM
Carlton win is good for us if we can win today .. 8 point game in my eyes against the pies

1eyedog
29-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Need to pull our finger out now.

Bulldog4life
29-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Thank you you beautiful blue baggers.

bornadog
29-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Thank you you beautiful blue baggers.
Just shows Geelong not as good as they think they are.

jeemak
29-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Just shows Geelong not as good as they think they are.

Rubbish! The media has a narrative BAD, they have to be good!

bornadog
29-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Rubbish! The media has a narrative BAD, they have to be good!

I was listening to the pre-match to Geelong game (774) and they were talking about Geelong favourites for premiership :rolleyes:

ledge
29-05-2016, 08:27 PM
I like the way at 3/4 time the commentators at our game said Collingwood having injured players would not affect them then when they lost it was all about the injuries !

hujsh
29-05-2016, 09:01 PM
I like the way at 3/4 time the commentators at our game said Collingwood having injured players would not affect them then when they lost it was all about the injuries !
I think it was Riewoldt who when asked said it wouldn't affect them because only the mids rotate (or something like that, I don't remember exactly) then half way though said it'd be a challenge to have the mids run the extra kilometer or 2.

Just completely contradicting himself

bulldogtragic
29-05-2016, 09:07 PM
I think it was Riewoldt who when asked said it wouldn't affect them because only the mids rotate (or something like that, I don't remember exactly) then half way though said it'd be a challenge to have the mids run the extra kilometer or 2.

Just completely contradicting himself

You take that back right now or Shane McInerney will rob us another pre-lim in retribution for what is clearly wonderfully insightful and well thought expert commentary. He clearly doesn't know what he's saying Mr McInerney. Clearly.

hujsh
29-05-2016, 10:35 PM
You take that back right now or Shane McInerney will rob us another pre-lim in retribution for what is clearly wonderfully insightful and well thought expert commentary. He clearly doesn't know what he's saying Mr McInerney. Clearly.

Excuse me. ///I BELIEVE THAT NICOLAS PROVIDES INSIGHTFUL INSIGHT INTO THE GAME OF AFL. WHAT A CHAMPION///

The Bulldogs Bite
29-05-2016, 10:41 PM
I was listening to the pre-match to Geelong game (774) and they were talking about Geelong favourites for premiership :rolleyes:

You think they are bad, I had it on K-Rock pre-game and they were talking about how easy of a game it was going to be v Carlton and how they are a powerhouse etc etc.

bulldogtragic
29-05-2016, 11:06 PM
You think they are bad, I had it on K-Rock pre-game and they were talking about how easy of a game it was going to be v Carlton and how they are a powerhouse etc etc.

Was the 3/4 time sponsor Coolaid?

Twodogs
29-05-2016, 11:52 PM
[Insert any club] are a much better team without Liam Jones. I can't believe what a disappointment his career is/has become.

Look how much we've improved since he left. We were all blaming B-Mac.

azabob
30-05-2016, 06:26 AM
Was the 3/4 time sponsor Coolaid?

Koolaid