PDA

View Full Version : The Grumpy Old People Thread

bulldogtragic
28-05-2016, 10:52 PM
I will let others talk about these multi colour boots, whatever happened to just a nice black pair of boots?

But what's with players these days almost uniformly not pulling their socks up? Is it too much to ask for to pull your socks up and look like a professional footballer? Even if you are James Gwilt and you're clearly not a good footballer, you can at least look like one.

ledge
28-05-2016, 11:54 PM
I believe a lot of the socks now are only half size

bornadog
29-05-2016, 12:05 AM
Coloured boots are ridiculous if they don't match the rest of the uniform. for example, No use our players wearing yellow or orange when it doesn't match in. AFL should crack down on it,

AndrewP6
29-05-2016, 12:08 AM
Hahaha. This may be the most appropriately titled thread I've ever seen.

Bulldog Joe
29-05-2016, 12:18 AM
Of course, the boots etc have nothing to do with club or ability. It is simply looking at creating some diversity to maybe assist with the marketing of equipment.

Twodogs
29-05-2016, 01:57 AM

Scotty West got fined a few times for wearing those half socks.

I didn't like socks down because after a bit they start to feel a bit like a weight attached to the bottom of my legs. More so when they got wet.

Chicago1
29-05-2016, 05:00 AM
So this thread isn't directed toward me? Disappointed. ;)

1eyedog
29-05-2016, 06:24 AM

I think the socks are still the same size but players have grown progressively taller.

ledge
29-05-2016, 08:35 AM
I'm grumpy because , dare I say it .. I get the feeling Bruce MaCavaney is going to keep getting contracts calling football don't you ?

bornadog
29-05-2016, 11:32 AM
So this thread isn't directed toward me? Disappointed. ;)

About time we heard from you old man. :)

The Doctor
29-05-2016, 01:15 PM
I can't stand how the away teams these days are always in white even when there is no jumper clash. Half the time I don't know who's playing.

Whats wrong with teams just wearing their traditional jumpers

Bulldog4life
29-05-2016, 03:38 PM
I have to admit hand on heart that I havent become grumpy as I have got older. I have always been a glass half full type of person so that helps. Only get grumpy when we lose ha ha.

bulldogtragic
29-05-2016, 03:48 PM
Scotty West got fined a few times for wearing those half socks.

I didn't like socks down because after a bit they start to feel a bit like a weight attached to the bottom of my legs. More so when they got wet.

I remember that now you mention it, we're always on the shite side of a decision (Ian Collins, Todd Curley & this). Just give them all proper socks and tell them to pull them up. Which ever political party promises this gets my vote.

The Underdog
29-05-2016, 03:54 PM
I can't stand how the away teams these days are always in white even when there is no jumper clash. Half the time I don't know who's playing.

Where's the merchandise sales money in that idea?

bulldogtragic
29-05-2016, 03:54 PM

Amen brother. Amen. Hawthorns away 'power ranges' jumper last year was a crime against fashion too. Adelaides baby poo jumper against us is in the same category.

azabob
29-05-2016, 09:04 PM
What is Stringers excuse today? No chasing, no leading, no defensive pressure, Redpath back in the team.

He doesn't appear to be enjoying his footy at all.

bulldogtragic
29-05-2016, 09:09 PM
What is Stringers excuse today? No chasing, no leading, no defensive pressure, Redpath back in the team.

He's a grumpy old man whose sick of having garbage supply for 10 games this year. Maybe.

azabob
29-05-2016, 09:11 PM
He's a grumpy old man whose sick of having garbage supply for 10 games this year. Maybe.

When you put it like that. Interesting chicken and egg.

bulldogtragic
29-05-2016, 09:18 PM
When you put it like that. Interesting chicken and egg.

Maybe. As an aside, bored DNA scientists have just answered this question. The cell composition of eggshells can only be created by a chicken. Ergo, the chicken must have been first to make the egg as there's no other way to create the eggs. Man I wish I had tenured professorship somewhere to get paid to investigate inane things. I'd be great at it too I think.

azabob
29-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Maybe. As an aside, bored DNA scientists have just answered this question. The cell composition of eggshells can only be created by a chicken. Ergo, the chicken must have been first to make the egg as there's no other way to create the eggs. Man I wish I had tenured professorship somewhere to get paid to investigate inane things. I'd be great at it too I think.

You're a good egg BT.

bornadog
29-05-2016, 09:25 PM

Look at the replay, he did a lot of little things today that created goals.

bulldogtragic
29-05-2016, 09:28 PM
You're a good egg BT.

Thanks Aza, you're not so bad yourself. I like this tenure idea, I wonder if I can record the rate of tears in direct correlation to the spilling of milk or milk based products. If I can establish near enough to 0-10% humans produce tears, I can finally live my dream of seeing this saying end once and for all. First I just need to be a professor, I wonder if Clive Palmer will give me his title since he doesn't really use it anymore like his Queensland workforce, Coolum Golf, Coolum Dinosaurs, Titanic 2, his HoR seat etc.

azabob
29-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Look at the replay, he did a lot of little things today that created goals.

Im not so sure he did.

hujsh
29-05-2016, 10:08 PM
You're a good egg BT.

Him?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9c/c7/90/9cc790ed20b11079a2073b401afe4829.jpg

AndrewP6
29-05-2016, 10:51 PM

Partner about to give birth any day.