Gold Coast Suns v Sydney Swans Metricon Stadium 7.25pm

Fremantle v Essendon Subiaco Oval 7.40pm

Sun June 5

Collingwood v Port Adelaide MCG 1.10pm

Western Bulldogs v West Coast Eagles Etihad Stadium 3.20pm

Adelaide v St Kilda Adelaide Oval 4:40pm

jeemak
03-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Good to see Richmond getting some Friday night exposure for once.

Eastdog
03-06-2016, 03:48 PM
Wished this week we play either Friday night or Saturday as I have a function I have to go to on Sunday afternoon so won't be able to make it this week.

westdog54
03-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Genuinely looking forward to Jack Trengove getting out on the park this weekend.

No one deserves the run he's had.

hujsh
03-06-2016, 04:40 PM
It's what the public was craving

Eastdog
03-06-2016, 05:07 PM
Could still make it to the match on Sunday if the function is changed to the evening.

bornadog
03-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Could still make it to the match on Sunday if the function is changed to the evening.

Get your priorities right Easty :D

azabob
03-06-2016, 07:16 PM
Hopefully foxtel somehow get unrestricted audio for the Stevie J and Andrew Mackie sledging show!

Should be a cracking game and if Stevie J is on, watch out.

azabob
03-06-2016, 07:17 PM

Change it then!

jeemak
03-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Hopefully foxtel somehow get unrestricted audio for the Stevie J and Andrew Mackie sledging show!

Should be a cracking game and if Stevie J is on, watch out.

Explain?

azabob
03-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Explain?

Nothing more than harmless banter. Both love a chat and now on opposite sides, especially with Stevie J needing to proove a point to Geelong.

westdog54
03-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Nothing more than harmless banter. Both love a chat and now on opposite sides, especially with Stevie J needing to proove a point to Geelong.

Barrett alluded to this in his column.

Would've been brilliant to mike one of them up for the night.

comrade
03-06-2016, 08:45 PM
No Goldy tonight, let's see if Dad's Army holds up.

Eastdog
03-06-2016, 08:57 PM
Change it then!

Out of my hands Aza. Will be on a Sunday but not sure yet if it's afternoon or evening. Will find out tomorrow.

comrade
03-06-2016, 09:12 PM
Richmond are officially shithouse.

Twodogs
03-06-2016, 10:12 PM

It's what the public was craving

I'm quite happy to sit down and watch Richmond make fools of themselves on a Friday night. Maybe not craving it but I would have noticed if I didn't get the chance to see it.

bulldogtragic
03-06-2016, 10:19 PM
Anyone else see Watson Snr pick up Neale Daniher's 'withered hands' and shake them on the telecast? I'm no Political Correctness policeman, but that was awful wasn't it?

Rocket Science
03-06-2016, 10:42 PM
I could watch Richmond get pantsed and embarrassed ad nauseum.

It's been lovely of them to oblige over the past few decades. Bless.

Hotdog60
03-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Golden rule, never change your tips.
When I heard Goldie was out and the coach was crook and thought Richmond may get them. Stupid me.....

ledge
03-06-2016, 10:57 PM
Richmond showing their true self tonight.
People think when they are playing good it's their real self... Look
At the history over the last 35 years this is the real tigers .

comrade
03-06-2016, 11:00 PM
Is there a softer side in the comp than Richmond. Missed tackles, no defensive running. Just a team of frauds.

jeemak
03-06-2016, 11:01 PM
I find the lack of fairness attributed to Norf's strong first half season form a little out of place. Given they've made two prelims in a row and are now topping the league I think their prospects this season should be met with greater merit rather than the derision folk seem ready to pour on them.

Compare it to us in 2008/2009, and while we were more worthy of a prelim spot in those years than Norf were in 2014/2015, they've responded more comprehensively this year than we did in 2010 by a stretch.

Are we ready to admit they're a genuine contender?

comrade
03-06-2016, 11:09 PM
I find the lack of fairness attributed to Norf's strong first half season form a little out of place. Given they've made two prelims in a row and are now topping the league I think their prospects this season should be met with greater merit rather than the derision folk seem ready to pour on them.

Compare it to us in 2008/2009, and while we were more worthy of a prelim spot in those years than Norf were in 2014/2015, they've responded more comprehensively this year than we did in 2010 by a stretch.

Nope. Fully expecting a gradual slide in the 2nd half of the year (similar to Freo) and a big fall off the cliff over the next 2 years (similar to Freo.)

Waite has slowed down, Petrie hasn't had a big impact the past few weeks and Harvey has been forced into a front running opportunist.

No Jacobs for 2 months means the good midfielder will get off the chain as it happened last week.

They caught us at the perfect time. The first time they played a contender they were well and truly found out.

jeemak
03-06-2016, 11:24 PM
Nope. Fully expecting a gradual slide in the 2nd half of the year (similar to Freo) and a big fall off the cliff over the next 2 years (similar to Freo.)

Waite has slowed down, Petrie hasn't had a big impact the past few weeks and Harvey has been forced into a front running opportunist.

No Jacobs for 2 months means the good midfielder will get off the chain as it happened last week.

They caught us at the perfect time. The first time they played a contender they were well and truly found out.

They played terribly against Sydney (probably just as bad if not worse than we played against Norf) and didn't get disgraced with Sydney playing well. They've bounced back this week, I'll watch closely to see if your premonition is valid.

This is a down year for the competition, but at least they're capitalising on it. If the players you're saying are critical to their demise actually hold the level, then what?

Ghost Dog
03-06-2016, 11:25 PM

I don't think Scott disagrees that much with you. His assessments are pretty realistic and fair minded.

Remi Moses
03-06-2016, 11:29 PM
How lazy are Richmond ? They'll win the next two ( Gold Coast, and Lions) get all giddy, then show they're not up to the mark again .
I think Norf should be up there as favourites with Sydney, but it means Bugger all really .

comrade
03-06-2016, 11:36 PM
It'll really come down to who has the healthiest list amongst the contenders. North has avoided injuries to their prime movers but that can change quickly.

jeemak
03-06-2016, 11:44 PM
It'll really come down to who has the healthiest list amongst the contenders. North has avoided injuries to their prime movers but that can change quickly.

How would we go having two of Wallis, Dahl, Hunter or Liberatore taken from us? It'd be tough thereafter.

We've been lucky our coaching panel's strategy is high score proof, irrespective of injury.

comrade
04-06-2016, 09:13 AM
How would we go having two of Wallis, Dahl, Hunter or Liberatore taken from us? It'd be tough thereafter.

We've been lucky our coaching panel's strategy is high score proof, irrespective of injury.

We've had Murphy, JJ and Suckling missing for extended periods which I'd argue are harder to replace than any 1 of those you've named in terms of ball movement and structure to our back half.

jeemak
04-06-2016, 10:03 AM
Agree, but given our midfield has kept us in games alongside one or two heroic efforts from individual defenders a hit to our midfield would really hurt.

Mofra
04-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Pretty much like the first half of 2015 when we didn't have Libba or Hunter.

jeemak
04-06-2016, 03:09 PM
Pretty much like the first half of 2015 when we didn't have Libba or Hunter.

So we'd be a middle of the road team?

EasternWest
04-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Melbourne have two Tom McDonald's? Surely they don't need both of them. We should take one off their hands.

bulldogtragic
04-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Brisbane are a clusterf . I wonder if we are going to see more recent first & second round players queueing to leave in about 12 weeks. Hopefully it involves McStay wanting to enjoy footy again with his best mate of 12 years.

jeemak
04-06-2016, 06:04 PM
Brisbane are a clusterf . I wonder if we are going to see more recent first & second round players queueing to leave in about 12 weeks. Hopefully it involves McStay wanting to enjoy footy again with his best mate of 12 years.

And become McLeave...............don't get up, I'll let myself out, thanks.

EasternWest
04-06-2016, 07:03 PM

Boooooooooooo.

bulldogtragic
04-06-2016, 07:28 PM
Channel 7 slogan for the footy tonight 'live & free'. Like anyone would pay to watch Freo vs Essendon tonight.

Bulldog4life
04-06-2016, 07:38 PM
Melbourne have two Tom McDonald's? Surely they don't need both of them. We should take one off their hands.
One is named Oscar

EasternWest
04-06-2016, 07:53 PM
One is named Oscar

I know.

comrade
04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
Another GWS loss = me happy.

ledge
04-06-2016, 08:41 PM
4th is there for the taking with a win tomorrow

Bulldog4life
04-06-2016, 08:44 PM
C'mon Suns. Weather is shocking. Upset a possibility

Twodogs
04-06-2016, 08:49 PM
I could watch Richmond get pantsed and embarrassed ad nauseum.

It's been lovely of them to oblige over the past few decades. Bless.

I was at their last Grand Final loss. What a great day that was.

Remi Moses
04-06-2016, 09:07 PM
I was at their last Grand Final loss. What a great day that was.

Bad new was though that they lost to Caaaarlton .

Remi Moses
04-06-2016, 09:08 PM
That result flattered the plastics . Geelong should have won by more .
Lot of one way running in that GWS team, and Selwood was sensational in that last term.

Mantis
04-06-2016, 10:13 PM

Norf's next 4 are against Geel, Haw, Adel (AO) and WC (PS)... We will learn a fair bit about their credentials through this period.

jeemak
04-06-2016, 11:47 PM
Norf's next 4 are against Geel, Haw, Adel (AO) and WC (PS)... We will learn a fair bit about their credentials through this period.

Will we rate them if they win one away and one in Melbourne or will they still have question marks over them?

Remi Moses
05-06-2016, 01:20 AM
Wonderful Friday night coming up
Essendon v Hawthorn . Gotta love the AFL's criteria of earning your Friday night fixture.

jeemak
05-06-2016, 02:07 AM
Wonderful Friday night coming up
Essendon v Hawthorn . Gotta love the AFL's criteria of earning your Friday night fixture.

Remi, why would you be so cynical? It's like you're overly trying to pick faults in a fairly perfect formula.

Twodogs
05-06-2016, 02:23 AM

If he came to us wouldn't he be McCo.. Actually McLeave is pretty funny. We'll leave it at that.

Twodogs
05-06-2016, 02:26 AM
Bad new was though that they lost to Caaaarlton .

That was thedownside

Mantis
05-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Will we rate them if they win one away and one in Melbourne or will they still have question marks over them?

I would be looking for them to be ultra competitive in at least 3 of these games... Results aren't as important as their performance.

F'scary
06-06-2016, 05:35 AM
Looks like we broke Collingwood last week for the season. This could be the third year in a row where any hopes they entertained were snuffed out by the Bulldogs.