PDA

View Full Version : Bankers And Anchors - Round 12 vs Port Adelaide

Eastdog
10-06-2016, 12:58 PM
This is the round 12 2016 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against Port Adelaide is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

GVGjr
11-06-2016, 04:37 PM
You know the drill, 3 Bankers and 3 Anchors.

bulldogtragic
11-06-2016, 05:37 PM
B:

Caleb Daniel - Malthouse & Jones legacy will live long in our club's history. What a gun.
Redders - 4 goals, 3 to start a key goal at the end.
Bonts - Third Year Blues. He's moving to getting 30+ touches, heaps contested and hitting the scoreboard too.

A:

Umpiring. Need not go into it.
Dahl's injury, not great.
This team for arguing with the footy media about winning at the MCG, interstate, more fancied opponents or anything not in the AFEL story book

Go_Dogs
11-06-2016, 06:02 PM
B:
Bont, no explanation needed
Our F/S players - Libba and Wally destroyed them in tight, made some crucial plays and whilst Hunter wasn't at his best, he continued to work all game
Goal kicking - feels weird typing that

A:
Umpiring ;)
Dahlhaus' injury
Me, for not being there to soak up the win

Ghost Dog
11-06-2016, 06:03 PM
B:
Team for coping with a man down and still getting the job done.
MHC for finally getting his chance and taking it with both hands
Bont for stepping up yet again

A: Injuries bite us again.

bornadog
11-06-2016, 06:05 PM
Bankers

* Daniel, cool as a cucumber - some great passing in the last, especially the Fwd 50.

* Stringers Goal from out of the centre and long kick

* Redpath's accuracy - especially the long goals.

Anchors

* Once again having to listen to a dickhead like Richwhotoe - example, "Port have at least 3 of their best backline out today". For once Dwayne backed us up mentioning who we had out.

* Dahl and Adams injuries - let's hope they don't lose too many weeks.

No others, a great team effort today

SonofScray
11-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Bankers:

Caleb Daniel's last 5 touches. Golden, match winning touches.
Stringer's midfield goal. Bobbed up when it mattered and made it count.
Roberts' spoiling was very good under a lot of pressure today. Had some big moments.

Anchors:

Umpiring. Pannel is unable to do his job properly now after the ridiculous uproar from the AFC game. Broke out in a nervous sweat every time he saw a free for us.

FOX FOOTY team. Unprofessional. Made my ears bleed with their incessant stupidity and superficial knowledge of either team. Crows board member can FOAD.

Neade. Would never do that to a bloke facing him. Little, coward arsehole.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Bankers:

Caleb Daniel's last 5 touches. Golden, match winning touches.
Stringer's midfield goal. Bobbed up when it mattered and made it count.
Roberts' spoiling was very good under a lot of pressure today. Had some big moments.

Anchors:

Umpiring. Pannel is unable to do his job properly now after the ridiculous uproar from the AFC game. Broke out in a nervous sweat every time he saw a free for us.

FOX FOOTY team. Unprofessional. Made my ears bleed with their incessant stupidity and superficial knowledge of either team. Crows board member can FOAD.

Neade. Would never do that to a bloke facing him. Little, coward arsehole.

Agree, except Piggy Dunstall was pretty fair and accurate with his analysis of the game.

westbulldog
11-06-2016, 08:54 PM
Bankers
South Australian recruiters.......many thanks for overlooking Caleb Daniel and Bailey Williams.
Jack Redpath and Tory Dickson, for straight goal kicking.
Dale Morris, courage above and beyond anything you see on a football field and rarely beaten in the contest.

Anchors
The umpiring - missed obvious free kicks for both sides
Riccota, Dwayne and Dunstall - how it rankled their "a's" off that we won.
Dahl's injury, hope it isn't too serious.

LostDoggy
11-06-2016, 09:02 PM
BANKERS:

1. My main man Caleb Daniel. So small but so chill.
2. The whole team effort for doing the unthinkable- beating the umpires!
3. My other main man Big Red. Decent game and loved his efforts.

ANCHORS:

1. UMPIRING/ UMPIRES
2. RICCUITO or however its spelt. More like ru-sh*tto, keep your terrible opinions to yourself mate srsly no one cares what you (wrongly) think about anything ever, okay. Actually the whole commentating squad today can shove it.
3. Neade. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM MATE.

merantau
12-06-2016, 12:07 AM
Bankers
1. Our defence. Withstood enormous pressure especially in the second quarter. Dale Morris is without compare. A combined effort with all hands to the wheel.
2. Stringer Libber Bonti Wallis. Were the players who hrabbed the big moments and monstered them.
3. The Little Big Man and the Big Red Man. The former for his surety, vision, sheer footy smarts and laser-like precision, the latter for his brooding, ominous presence, smart leading, sure hands and accurate kicking.

Anchors
1 The umpiring managed to plumb hitherto unimagined levels of awfulness. There is no league far enough away in the bush to send these jokers. Highlands of New Guinea would not be far enough away for mine.
2. The commentary by Roogivemetheshitsso. How lame is this joker? He could barely bring himself to concede the game was being contested by two teams.
3. Dahl's injury and our injury toll this year. We have been desperately unlucky. Let's hope that the end of it and we get him and others back SOON.

Remi Moses
12-06-2016, 12:40 AM
Bankers - The young leaders, just outstanding when it counted
- Winning away from Etihad
- Defenders, the men's department were heroes out there today
Anchors - the injury curse . FFS can we please have a decent run
- Nead, pretty gutless act that
- God awful commentary, and Mark Ruccioto is an appalling so called expert. He lazily tells you what you've just seen with no insightful contribution

Ghost Dog
12-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Anchor - Never tear us apart as a theme song. Well you were torn a new one by the Western Bulldogs.
Anchor - Port's Neal or Nead or Nerf, whatever pushing Sucker's head into the turf. Should have been a reverse decision.

Remi Moses
12-06-2016, 09:59 PM
Port's outs are interesting
Carlile is just about shot, monfries will be delisted, Lobbe was playing seconds footy.
Ryder, Jonas, and Hombsch and White ( rarely fit) are outs they miss

Scorlibo
12-06-2016, 11:44 PM
Bankers
Redpath - are we underselling him a little? He's been great since coming into the side. Love how he gets himself in the sight of the ball carrier - the perfect complement to sneaky Stringer - and those three goals from fifty were so important.
Honeychurch - took the opportunity with both hands, could have even been hailed as the match winner if his snap hadn't been called touched.
Bevo's spray - gave Jake an earful and it worked wonders. The old fashioned spray can only work occasionally, Bevo picked the game, time and player to perfection

Anchors
Fumbles in the last couple of minutes - must have been some butter on the ball, no one could handle it except Libba & it cost us the Young goal.
Umpires - speaking of the Young goal, we have a goal review system now, no? Clear misinterpretation of prior opportunity on many occasions.
Backline - was undermanned but still shouldn't allow uncontested marks directly in front or forwards crumbing front and centre without any pressure (Neade, Wingard).

always right
13-06-2016, 10:53 AM
B
- Adelaide oval is the best ground to view football in fine conditions in Australia and Port's pre game buildup puts others to shame.
- Watching the replay last night I was reminded how amazing Morris was. Not many possessions, a couple of mistakes but a number of critical contests that saved us. What a defender.
- Caleb Daniel......give him the ball and he will do the rest. He was vital to our win.

A
- Riccuito adds zero to the commentary. "gee" and "Ooh" are not special comments.
- Derwayne almost explodes when Port kick a regulation goal but calls Bont's first goal as if he was watching Brisbane V Essendon

- Umpire Parnell really is a crap umpire. Having said that the free kick disparity was similar to our game against Adelaide. Watch the game back and there are a handful of poor decisions for both sides but nothing to suggest we were hard done by.

Ghost Dog
13-06-2016, 12:19 PM
B
- Adelaide oval is the best ground to view football in fine conditions in Australia and Port's pre game buildup puts others to shame.
- Watching the replay last night I was reminded how amazing Morris was. Not many possessions, a couple of mistakes but a number of critical contests that saved us. What a defender.
- Caleb Daniel......give him the ball and he will do the rest. He was vital to our win.

A
- Riccuito adds zero to the commentary. "gee" and "Ooh" are not special comments.
- Derwayne almost explodes when Port kick a regulation goal but calls Bont's first goal as if he was watching Brisbane V Essendon

- Umpire Parnell really is a crap umpire. Having said that the free kick disparity was similar to our game against Adelaide. Watch the game back and there are a handful of poor decisions for both sides but nothing to suggest we were hard done by.

I know what you mean about Der-wayne, but with that first goal, I thought he was caught off guard and didn't really think Bont would beat 2 to bag it. Stunned!

Ghost Dog
13-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Bankers
Redpath - are we underselling him a little? He's been great since coming into the side. Love how he gets himself in the sight of the ball carrier - the perfect complement to sneaky Stringer - and those three goals from fifty were so important.
Honeychurch - took the opportunity with both hands, could have even been hailed as the match winner if his snap hadn't been called touched.
Bevo's spray - gave Jake an earful and it worked wonders. The old fashioned spray can only work occasionally, Bevo picked the game, time and player to perfection

Anchors
Fumbles in the last couple of minutes - must have been some butter on the ball, no one could handle it except Libba & it cost us the Young goal.
Umpires - speaking of the Young goal, we have a goal review system now, no? Clear misinterpretation of prior opportunity on many occasions.
Backline - was undermanned but still shouldn't allow uncontested marks directly in front or forwards crumbing front and centre without any pressure (Neade, Wingard).

Thans for this. Were you at the game Scorlibo and could you see Jake getting a spray? That's interesting. Bevo is not usually the type to do that, but worked a treat on this day. Was almost Franklin like the way Jake burst from the centre and took the onus to kick long. I love Jake Stringer.

Topdog
13-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Was almost Franklin like the way Jake burst from the centre and took the onus to kick long. I love Jake Stringer.

It was Stringer like. He is starting to add it to his game.

Honestly though if there is a comparison it is Judd

bulldogtragic
13-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Thans for this. Were you at the game Scorlibo and could you see Jake getting a spray? That's interesting. Bevo is not usually the type to do that, but worked a treat on this day. Was almost Franklin like the way Jake burst from the centre and took the onus to kick long. I love Jake Stringer.

Jake said after the game that Bevo gave him a big spray at three quarter time.

comrade
13-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Bankers

- Bont & Stringer. How good is it having 2 genuine superstars that a) have all the talent in the world & b) use it when we need it the most. They are the difference between this team and those Bulldogs teams that have come before them.

- Honeychurch. Came in and played his role to perfection. Got up the ground, was productive with his possessions and kicked a crucial goal. If only the second one wasn't called back. Rapt for him and kudos to the coaching group for developing him to perfection at Footscray.

- Redpath. I'm not his biggest fan but he is making me reconsider my position. Great hands, strong leading patterns and our guys look to reward him for his hard work. Has a habit of exploding in a quarter then goes missing but with only 20 games to his name, more consistency is to be expected as he plays more. Good job ya big lug.

Anchors

- The umpiring was just a shambles. Pannell is a terrible umpire, just swings with the wind. Enough said.

- Suckers had a shocker after putting together a strong season so far. Just felt the pressure and intensity got to him. Had 0 influence on the game.

- I thought Camhead should've had a bigger influence against Trengove. Just felt they didn't work him over enough and use their height and strength to advantage. I'll be interested to see how they go this week against the Cats very athletic ruck continent (Stanley, Smith & Blicavs). Feel they're much better suited to beating up on traditional rucks like Goldy and Gawn rather than hybrid ones.

ratsmac
13-06-2016, 06:09 PM
Bankers

1. The team as a collective unit just keep getting the job done with players going down with injuries and others stepping in and taking up the slack. The belief amongst the players is good.
2. 2nd quarter team defense. We were under so much pressure and we didn't budge an inch. To go into halftime with a lead was huge.
3. Redpath. This bloke has settled our somewhat dysfunctional forward line. It is evident that we have worked on our forward entries a lot and Jack is holding up his end.

Anchors

1. Umpiring. It was a very amateur performance from the umps. The win keeps my emotions in check.
2. 3rd quarter, 20 odd seconds left, we have the ball and Port end up scoring a goal. In excusable for a top 4 team. We needed to ice the clock.
3. Ricciuto - the sound of his voice is hard enough to listen to to begin with but the drivel that comes out of his mouth is unbearable.

Ghost Dog
13-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Bankers

1. The team as a collective unit just keep getting the job done with players going down with injuries and others stepping in and taking up the slack. The belief amongst the players is good.
2. 2nd quarter team defense. We were under so much pressure and we didn't budge an inch. To go into halftime with a lead was huge.
3. Redpath. This bloke has settled our somewhat dysfunctional forward line. It is evident that we have worked on our forward entries a lot and Jack is holding up his end.

Anchors

1. Umpiring. It was a very amateur performance from the umps. The win keeps my emotions in check.
2. 3rd quarter, 20 odd seconds left, we have the ball and Port end up scoring a goal. In excusable for a top 4 team. We needed to ice the clock.
3. Ricciuto - the sound of his voice is hard enough to listen to to begin with but the drivel that comes out of his mouth is unbearable.

Port also squandered a lot of missed shots as well. We got lucky in some plays.

ratsmac
13-06-2016, 06:51 PM
Port also squandered a lot of missed shots as well. We got lucky in some plays.

True, but I'll put it down to immense pressure ;)

Eastdog
13-06-2016, 07:10 PM
Bankers

Redpath - loving how his gone up forward in providing a target for us up there

Honeychurch - good game back from him and did a lot of good think

Libba, Bont and Stringer all important for us get the chocolates on Saturday.

Anchors

The umpiring

Dahlhaus injury

LostDoggy
14-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Bankers-

Redders-3 great set shots for goal on 50 in the first.

Our 2nd qtr to be able to withstand Ports best that they threw at us and to still be in front at 1/2 time.

Our unusual accuracy kicking for goal.

Anchors-

Umpiring.If the free was there for Port,it sure as shit wasn't for us.:mad:

Neade-That act was almost as bad as Rance on Watts.Weak Prick.

Reshito-Always sounds like he's on a bender,and his"Special Comments" wouldn't be out of place at a bloody TAB.