PDA

View Full Version : Women's League 2017

merantau
22-06-2016, 02:54 PM
I feel very upbeat about the rapid advance of women's football in the last few years and am particularly pleased that our club is at the forefront of these developments. I am really impressed by the skills of the players and the INTENSITY which they bring to the contest.
I have a few questions. When will the season start? I am assuming that it will be a 14 game season with a top four to contest finals. Where will the games be played? Will there be curtain raisers? I'm assuming attendance to the women's team games will become an add-on to WBFC membership. Will games be televised? How good would it be to become the inaugural Women's League champions? Go Dogs!

Mantis
22-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Lots to be sorted, but I think from what I've read the season goes for 6-7 weeks and will be played in Feb-March.

Bulldog Joe
22-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Lots to be sorted, but I think from what I've read the season goes for 6-7 weeks and will be played in Feb-March.

I saw something along those lines as well.

Also think they are limiting the finals to a grand final only.

Smads57
22-06-2016, 08:32 PM
My understanding is 6 rounds (as there are 8 teams this means not all teams play each other) then a final. Games to be played in Feb/March.

boydogs
23-06-2016, 12:23 AM
6 H&A rounds, 2 semis, 1 GF