PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Libba's Third Quarter

bornadog
03-07-2016, 04:32 PM
see here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2016-07-03/dynamic-libbas-third-quarter-heroics)

How good was Libba in the third quarter. He completely turned the game around with his work up forward. I love the way he is kicking goals this year, and when the ball is in his hands, you know he is going to be accurate when shooting for goal.

From 14 games this year he has kicked 13.3

F'scary
03-07-2016, 04:37 PM
He had a quiet 1st half but then blitzed in the third to make up. He is one of a number of our mids who are going at a goal a game. We have needed them because our forward line, with the exception of Redpath and Stringer who are going ok but not brilliantly, has been insipid.

LostDoggy
03-07-2016, 06:52 PM
Awesome quarter. Poor haircut. :D

Twodogs
03-07-2016, 08:06 PM
Amazingly consistent form from a player who has missed a year with injury. He must get the same niggles and soreness that affect other players but he just doesn't show it.

merantau
06-07-2016, 11:37 PM
Love his endeavour. He has certainly had a great comback year and has added another string to his bow with his goal kicking. He is one of a number of players capable of turning a game with a couple of outstanding efforts.

Mantis
07-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Love his endeavour. He has certainly had a great comback year and has added another string to his bow with his goal kicking. He is one of a number of players capable of turning a game with a couple of outstanding efforts.

It's fanatical isn't it.. They highlighted a bit of play on 'On the Couch' where from a centre bounce he smothered a kick, sprinted 10m to lay a crunching tackle and then blocked a handball which allowed us to win the clearance.. He like a few of our players and above all else that they do, are just competitors.

always right
07-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Libba, Clay Smith, Dahlhaus and Wallis. Can anyone name four players who played together at the bulldogs who have been as ferocious at the ball and opponent? I can't.

stefoid
07-07-2016, 05:08 PM
It's fanatical isn't it.. They highlighted a bit of play on 'On the Couch' where from a centre bounce he smothered a kick, sprinted 10m to lay a crunching tackle and then blocked a handball which allowed us to win the clearance.. He like a few of our players and above all else that they do, are just competitors.

He and Dal make it very difficult for opposition mids.

Eastdog
07-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Great effort from Tom that 3rd quarter. What a star he is. Agree yes he was quieter in the first half but after half time come into the game. He hasn't missed a beat since coming back from that knee injury he copped at the pre season Whitten Oval match in 2015.

Twodogs
07-07-2016, 09:19 PM
That haircut is so terrible it works in Tom's favour. You certainly notice him in heavy traffic.

westdog54
07-07-2016, 09:52 PM

Saw that two. Second and third efforts which only would have reflected as a tackle on the stat sheet 5 years ago.

A maniacal determination to win the ball. You see that as a teammate and it makes you want to lift your own game.

LostDoggy
08-07-2016, 09:59 AM
In my time watching the Dogs, the standout player in terms of ferocity at the contest was Tony Liberatore - his willpower forced teammates to lift around him despite his physical limitations. Tom approaches those levels. Tony only got better and better until well into his 30s, so it's exciting to think what Tom could offer in the years to come.

merantau
08-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Libba, Clay Smith, Dahlhaus and Wallis. Can anyone name four players who played together at the bulldogs who have been as ferocious at the ball and opponent? I can't.

I think you're right ... again!
I've seen a lot of games and we've never been so blessed. Long may it last. And long may they remain healthy and injury free.

Twodogs
08-07-2016, 11:13 AM
In my time watching the Dogs, the standout player in terms of ferocity at the contest was Tony Liberatore - his willpower forced teammates to lift around him despite his physical limitations. Tom approaches those levels. Tony only got better and better until well into his 30s, so it's exciting to think what Tom could offer in the years to come.

Thinking about it Mitch's old man Steve Wallis was a hard nut too. He loved a contest.