PDA

View Full Version : EJ Whitten Legends Game 2016 - Victoria V All Stars

Eastdog
02-09-2016, 06:38 PM
For a bit of fun and a very good cause.

Who are you looking forward to seeing out of all the old timers :)

Throughandthrough
02-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Kym Koster!

1eyedog
02-09-2016, 06:51 PM
When is the game on?

Webby
02-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Kym Koster!

Traitor who's name is wrongly spelt in the female form. Dead to me for 20 years!

Eastdog
02-09-2016, 09:17 PM
Barry Hall we could get back for us to full forward :) :)

Johnno kicked a nice goal

comrade
02-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Gilbs still has it. Suckling has nothing on him.

Bulldog4life
02-09-2016, 09:32 PM
Bazza has still got it

AndrewP6
02-09-2016, 09:39 PM
We could do worse than put Bazza back in the Dogs side! Knows how to kick a goal, and still a massive unit. Mick Martyn is massive, for all the wrong reasons. Great light show pregame, pity about all the idiots throwing their lights onto the ground. Hope they raise buckets of money.

Eastdog
02-09-2016, 10:07 PM
We could do worse than put Bazza back in the Dogs side! Knows how to kick a goal, and still a massive unit. Mick Martyn is massive, for all the wrong reasons. Great light show pregame, pity about all the idiots throwing their lights onto the ground. Hope they raise buckets of money.

If the game went back to the way it was played 15 years ago forwards and backs staying in position Bazza could still be playing today.

westdog54
02-09-2016, 10:17 PM
Aker is taking this game far too seriously.

Eastdog
02-09-2016, 10:53 PM
Johnno gets one :) Fevola getting ready to come on :)

ledge
03-09-2016, 12:27 AM
Really enjoyed it.
Seemed better run and more serious as a fund raiser than before.
Fev seems to have grown up and Roden was a great add as a goal umpire.
Love the way it's starting to get some history behind it and I think it will be something added to the football calendar now the AFL have become part of it

KT31
03-09-2016, 01:00 AM
Watched parts of the game at the club and thought a better option may be talking BBB out of retirement instead of picking up Cloke.

AndrewP6
03-09-2016, 02:29 AM
Really enjoyed it.
Seemed better run and more serious as a fund raiser than before.
Fev seems to have grown up and Roden was a great add as a goal umpire.
Love the way it's starting to get some history behind it and I think it will be something added to the football calendar now the AFL have become part of it

Up, or out?? Agreed, it should be a benefit to have the machine behind it. Great cause, fun night.

ledge
03-09-2016, 09:37 AM
Up, or out?? Agreed, it should be a benefit to have the machine behind it. Great cause, fun night.

Matured a little

Twodogs
03-09-2016, 09:50 AM
Matured a little

Eventually hit rock bottom more like.

bornadog
03-09-2016, 10:13 AM
Watched parts of the game at the club and thought a better option may be talking BBB out of retirement instead of picking up Cloke.

He still looks capable. Loved watching Scotty West, nothing has changed with those great handpasses

bulldogtragic
03-09-2016, 11:22 AM
He still looks capable. Loved watching Scotty West, nothing has changed with those great handpasses

Then you'll love Rhylee West, a bigger & quicker clone of his dad, getting drafted by us in two years. Recruited for Calder Cannons U/18's next year from their U/16's program, also an AFL Academy bottom ager & MVP for Vic Metro in the U/16 Champs this year. If he keeps this up we will need to bank some draft points for him.

Bulldog4life
03-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Love to see Bazza as our goal kicking coach. Beautiful action and kicks it straight 9 times out of 10. Ex player as well as barracking for us as a kid might be something that interests him.

Twodogs
03-09-2016, 03:26 PM
Love to see Bazza as our goal kicking coach. Beautiful action and kicks it straight 9 times out of 10. Ex player as well as barracking for us as a kid might be something that interests him.

Simon Beasley.

Here's what should happen. They take groups of players, maybe four at a time, and show them Beasley's glorious straight kicking for goal on video and tell them that they can all learn to kick like that. Then they go out on the ground with Beasley and he shows them the three or four things they can do to improve their kicking for goal. Half an hour and three quarters of the players will be considerably better kicks for goal.

ledge
03-09-2016, 04:25 PM
With respect to Beasley, he didn't kick many on the run and I think our problem is in play goals, more than set shot.

josie
03-09-2016, 05:08 PM
With respect to Beasley, he didn't kick many on the run and I think our problem is in play goals, more than set shot.

Would like to know breakdown of % misses on run and in play vs other clubs. I think we are pretty bad at both, and usually the same suspects e.g. poor set shots; Roughy (although a bit better recently), Dahl, Hunter, Macrae, Smith, Dunkley.....

Twodogs
03-09-2016, 07:44 PM

It's set shot as well. Almost all of our players have their own particular routine and all of them are lousy resulting in us missing a lot of set shots

ledge
03-09-2016, 07:44 PM
Would like to know breakdown of % misses on run and in play vs other clubs. I think we are pretty bad at both, and usually the same suspects e.g. poor set shots; Roughy (although a bit better recently), Dahl, Hunter, Macrae, Smith, Dunkley.....

% would be interesting, seem to have stats on everything nowadays surely that one is around.

Twodogs
03-09-2016, 07:46 PM
% would be interesting, seem to have stats on everything nowadays surely that one is around.

BAD or BT will know where to look.

bulldogtragic
03-09-2016, 07:58 PM
BAD or BT will know where to look.

Running and set shot differentials? Got me stumped. Over to you BAD. :D

Twodogs
03-09-2016, 09:04 PM

I knew you'd know.

AndrewP6
03-09-2016, 09:11 PM
Running and set shot differentials? I thought this was about the EJ Whitten game!

bornadog
04-09-2016, 12:20 AM

Champion data would have this but I don't have access. AFL tables do have set shot accuracy here (http://afltables.com/afl/stats/accuracy.html)

Nuggety Back Pocket
05-09-2016, 07:01 PM

You would love to see Scott West back at the Bulldogs and I reckon we could do a lot worse than have him replace Brett Montgomery a view shared by some former Club greats. West was highly regarded by his peers during his outstanding playing career.

bornadog
05-09-2016, 07:48 PM
You would love to see Scott West back at the Bulldogs and I reckon we could do a lot worse than have him replace Brett Montgomery a view shared by some former Club greats. West was highly regarded by his peers during his outstanding playing career.

Midfield coach, yes would love him back.

Throughandthrough
15-09-2016, 07:50 PM
Akermanis spit dummy was very real. Talking to someone involved in the match, he said Aker lost it. Was asked if he was ok for an interview and he told a high profile reporter to get f&@$$$&)d.

cinder
15-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Akermanis spit dummy was very real. Talking to someone involved in the match, he said Aker lost it. Was asked if he was ok for an interview and he told a high profile reporter to get f&@$$$&)d.

Yeah - Lehmo