PDA

View Full Version : How are we all holding up

Pages : 1 [2]

AndrewP6
29-09-2016, 11:26 PM
Enjoying the ride. Feel pretty good. Nerves starting to kick in, but we're going to the big dance. That's massive!

Danny the snakeman
30-09-2016, 02:51 AM
Just when I think I have my crap together I see Hawk on the footy show,bang I'm in tears again. I really hope we make another GF soon as I'm sure it will be hell of a lot stress free than this one

bulldogtragic
30-09-2016, 03:33 AM
BT: There's 36 hours to Go Time, i've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark out, and I'm wearing sunglasses.

We're on a Mission from God.

Twodogs
30-09-2016, 07:48 AM
A tortilla from God?

SonofScray
30-09-2016, 08:37 AM
Have a nasty throat & chest infection + damaged vocal chords resulting from last weekend. Have paid a pretty heavy price! Banned from talking for another 24hours. Add a sick and teething 10 month old and this isn't how I envisaged GF week.

Have been doing all I can to get up for the weekend. Drugs and potions and sleeping o game de rub I g myself down in eucalyptus oil and doing some interpretive dance. Today I am feeling about 45% so fingers crossed. Stressful.

I just want us to lift the Cup.

GVGjr
30-09-2016, 08:50 AM
SoS I hope get better soon.

Twodogs
30-09-2016, 09:31 AM
Yeah get better soon SOS.

Mantis
30-09-2016, 10:57 AM
Share your pain SoS, I've been under the weather this week too, but timing my run so I can destroy my body all over again.

comrade
30-09-2016, 10:59 AM
Add another to the sick pile.

The Sydney trip took its toll. Been dosing up all week but still can't shake it. Ah well, in Bevo we trust.

cinder
30-09-2016, 11:18 AM
I haven't recovered from bad asthma onset from cheering at the Hawks game! Nothing will stop me though!

Ozza
30-09-2016, 03:25 PM
I'm in good health and ready to go - with the exception of a broken finger that I sustained falling when hanging up streamers (yep....how embarrassing).

This will be my last time logging in to woof until at least a day or two after the game.

So to all of the woofers out there - wishing you all the best for the day. Please try and enjoy every minute of it - soak it all up, because it's pretty bloody special, no matter what the outcome is.

Good luck everyone....hope your team wins.....

DOG GOD
30-09-2016, 03:52 PM
On my way tomorrow from San Diego to LA.....heading down to Santa Monica around 1pm Saturday (Aussie time) to watch the game at the LA dragons AFL function....won't be the same as being in Oz during this unbelievable moment, but if they win, I'll certainly be wearing my Guernsey proud on the monsters of Rock cruise and the next 6 weeks in the U.S/Canada....

Enjoy all...
Go dogs !!!!

1eyedog
30-09-2016, 07:02 PM
Crap now. Nervous as hell and anxiety creeping in. The hoo hah has helped take my mind of the game but now the festivities are over and the game is nigh.

hujsh
30-09-2016, 07:04 PM
Wish we were playing a team like 2007 Port to get one under our belts.

GVGjr
30-09-2016, 07:06 PM
It's still not hitting me at the moment but I suspect it will later tonight and big time tomorrow morning.

SquirrelGrip
30-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Flew back from Dubai Wednesday. Went to training yesterday. Long AFL lunch yesterday afternoon (spoke with with Travis Cloke who can't wait to be with us and sang Dogs songs with Greg Champion). Parade today. Game tomorrow.

Feeling anxious, excited, emotional, nervous, elated, calm, shaking, hot, cold, happy. I'm sure I'll be up at dawn. What a time to be a Bulldog!!

LostDoggy
30-09-2016, 07:16 PM
Flew back from Dubai Wednesday. Went to training yesterday. Long AFL lunch yesterday afternoon (spoke with with Travis Cloke who can't wait to be with and sang Dogs songs with Greg Champion). Parade today. Game tomorrow.

Feeling anxious, excited, emotional, nervous, elated, calm, shaking, hot, cold, happy. I'm sure I'll be up at dawn. What a time to be a. Bulldog!!

Feel xactly the same way SG.
Anxious,Psyched,Nauesous,Can't Eat,Butterfly's,Estatic.
Doubt I'll get much slep tonight!!!

G-Mo77
30-09-2016, 07:24 PM
I hope all not feeling well find themselves healthy tomorrow although even a zombie bite wouldn't keep all of you away.

Went down to the parade today with the fam and time flew by. Butterflies sneaking in again so will try and keep busy until bed time.

LostDoggy
30-09-2016, 07:31 PM
Grand Final week has been something I've always wanted to experience.

It's lived up to expectations and then some. Open training, the parade, the town being painted with Red, White and Blue and just the media exposure and attention all week.

Now it's game time. Bring it on.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2016, 07:41 PM
Flew back from Dubai Wednesday. Went to training yesterday. Long AFL lunch yesterday afternoon (spoke with with Travis Cloke who can't wait to be with and sang Dogs songs with Greg Champion). Parade today. Game tomorrow.

Feeling anxious, excited, emotional, nervous, elated, calm, shaking, hot, cold, happy. I'm sure I'll be up at dawn. What a time to be a. Bulldog!!

Clokey!!

chef
30-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Well im freaking out, shitting bricks and feeling sick in the stomach. Im going to be a mess tomorrow.

bornadog
30-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Well it has finally sunk in that we are playing in the granny. Watching the news tonight and the reports on the parade etc, I started to tear up.

I want a premiership for all of those supporters who have followed the club for so long.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Well im freaking out, shitting bricks and feeling sick in the stomach. Im going to be a mess tomorrow.

Just don't spew on me! :D

bulldogtragic
30-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Well it has finally sunk in that we are playing in the granny. Watching the news tonight and the reports on the parade etc, I started to tear up.

I want a premiership for all of those supporters who have followed the club for so long.

You were foretold this in woodworking class remember.

bornadog
30-09-2016, 09:53 PM
You were foretold this in woodworking class remember.

I remember my Woodwork teacher, a mad doggies supporter, in 1968 saying, oh well don't worry, there is always next year.

I have been waiting and this is the year.

AndrewP6
30-09-2016, 10:07 PM
I'll admit it, I just shed a tear watching Bevo talking about Trevor Barker.

anfo27
30-09-2016, 10:20 PM
I've lost count how many times I've teared up this week. Its amazing what this club brings out of you. I'll be a mess tomorrow and i won't sleep tonight. Its the biggest day of our lives woofers!

bulldogtragic
30-09-2016, 10:23 PM
I've lost count how many times I've teared up this week. Its amazing what this club brings out of you. I'll be a mess tomorrow and i won't sleep tonight. Its the biggest day of our lives woofers!

I got a few hours after 5am this morning. I'm driving from Bendigo first thing tomorrow, I hope I can get a few decent hours.

anfo27
30-09-2016, 10:28 PM
I got a few hours after 5am this morning. I'm driving from Bendigo first thing tomorrow, I hope I can get a few decent hours.

Not sure how you could sleep, i just lay there thinking. When we win you won't be sleeping for a few days bt.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2016, 10:35 PM
Not sure how you could sleep, i just lay there thinking. When we win you won't be sleeping for a few days bt.

Tell me about it!! :D

Twodogs
30-09-2016, 10:42 PM
On my way tomorrow from San Diego to LA.....heading down to Santa Monica around 1pm Saturday (Aussie time) to watch the game at the LA dragons AFL function....won't be the same as being in Oz during this unbelievable moment, but if they win, I'll certainly be wearing my Guernsey proud on the monsters of Rock cruise and the next 6 weeks in the U.S/Canada....

Enjoy all...
Go dogs !!!!

That's a hell of a gig. It's a shame you had to miss the GF to make it. Break a leg,

Twodogs
30-09-2016, 10:48 PM
Wish we were playing a team like 2007 Port to get one under our belts.

We could ask but I doubt they'd let us. They are going to insist that we play Sydney.

A lot of that 2007 Port team have been out of the game for a while.

hujsh
30-09-2016, 10:50 PM
We could ask but I doubt they'd let us. They are going to insist that we play Sydney.

Rigged!

G-Mo77
30-09-2016, 10:57 PM

Yep I can relate. I drove down to fuel up my car for the drive tomorrow and broke out in tears. I mean just thinking about driving to an actual Grand Final and my club is actually playing? This isn't suppose to happen is it? It's only really starting to sink in how big this is.

About to go to bed and I'll be hoping that Larry David and Curb Your Enthusiasm can take my mind of things and help me sleep.

AndrewP6
01-10-2016, 02:33 AM
I can't sleep. I've done more housework tonight than the last fortnight.

Eastdog
01-10-2016, 02:38 AM
Im wearing my Bulldogs jumper overnight.

DOG GOD
01-10-2016, 04:00 AM
That's a hell of a gig. It's a shame you had to miss the GF to make it. Break a leg,

Thanks two dogs.....the trip was booked in June 2015.....never thought the dogs would make the granny in 2016, and I'll blame the AFL for the bye before the finals putting the GF into October ;)

whythelongface
01-10-2016, 08:43 AM
Nervous as hell. Just at Sydney airport awaiting my flight.

The Doctor
01-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Just getting ready to go to the game. Very very excited and proud of our footy club

Good luck everybody and hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy the whole experience. I have really enjoyed everyone's contributions to the site especially these past few weeks.

Go Doggies we can do it!

Doggy
01-10-2016, 10:26 AM
I'm forcing myself to eat. Never been so nervous.

LostDoggy
01-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Just ate. Not sitting well. So nervous.

This is huge. Sitting waiting for my train at Geelong and just dreaming of the win that we deserve.

Carn the dogs.

westdog54
01-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Working till 6am helped me get to sleep.

Up now after 3 hours, hoping adrenaline can get me through one more shift tonight.

Topdog
01-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Holy shit the day is here, had a scotch st 8:30 to calm the nerves and that didn't help at all. Go the doggies

Murphy'sLore
01-10-2016, 11:43 AM
Was nervous as hell before each of the three finals, but feeling oddly calm now. It's out of my hands, and what will be, will be.

I mean, I know technically the other results were out of my control, too, but this feels different. Like I've parcelled up my heart, my hopes and dreams and handed them to Bevo and the boys, and they can take care of it from here.

comrade
01-10-2016, 11:49 AM
Need beer.

Raw Toast
01-10-2016, 11:54 AM
Also very nervous, and have been looking for distractions all morning.

But just got a text from an old friend who told me that reading Murphy's book last year made her realise that deep down she'd always been a Bulldogs barracker, and always would be. Not only was that great to hear, but she reminded me to enjoy the day despite nerves.

I think it's an excellent point - we've finally got to the big dance that we've been craving to attend forever. Bugger anxiety, the adrenaline will flow, agony will likely be there, but I'm going down to the Whitten Oval to cheer and roar and yell my way through it all, with at least sometimes, a smile on my face.

chef
01-10-2016, 12:33 PM
Shits getting real. Sitting at Beer de luxe waiting for BT and nervous as hell.

EasternWest
01-10-2016, 12:36 PM
I have come down with a cracking cold. My head is clogged full of crap and I feel pretty damn ordinary.

But I'd have to be dead not to be there today. We'll win this game.

josie
01-10-2016, 12:50 PM
Was nervous as hell before each of the three finals, but feeling oddly calm now. It's out of my hands, and what will be, will be.

I mean, I know technically the other results were out of my control, too, but this feels different. Like I've parcelled up my heart, my hopes and dreams and handed them to Bevo and the boys, and they can take care of it from here.

Encapsulates how I feel perfectly. No doubt nerves will kick in once game starts. Can you be calmly excited? Is there a word for this? Go Dogs!!!

EasternWest
01-10-2016, 12:57 PM
I'm the train now. Was reading a reddit afl thread about the banner and someone has said:

Bulldogs are red,
White and blue.
Do it for Bob,
He'd do it for you.

Gave me the chin wobbles. I am pathetic.

Jeanette54
01-10-2016, 02:00 PM

Nicely put Murphy'slore, in Bevo we trust.

GVGjr
01-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Can they bring forward the bounce of the ball. Im over waiting

Topdog
01-10-2016, 02:25 PM
Yep let's get this game started

EasternWest
01-10-2016, 07:52 PM
I'd say I'm holding up pretty well thanks for asking.

Also, Tom Boyd I love you.

bulldogtragic
01-10-2016, 08:13 PM
I'd say I'm holding up pretty well thanks for asking.

Also, Tom Boyd I love you.

Both teams brought in KPFs to win premierships. Ours was the difference. I want full retractions against Tom & the trade winner.

bulldogtragic
01-10-2016, 08:14 PM
This after party is cool.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
02-10-2016, 12:42 AM
Just got home can't believe it

DOG GOD
02-10-2016, 01:30 AM
Well as you know I wasn't in Australia to support the team, as I'm on holidays in the USA, but did manage to watch the game live at the LA dragons afl function in LA.....oh my god....the game finished at 12:30am Saturday morning and as I write this it's now 7:25am and I haven't slept a wink. Over 400 Australian/American afl fans were in the house with around 300 cheering on the dogs. Have never experienced anything like it....highfiving/hugging complete strangers with American accents, and Aussies wanting the dogs to bring it home.

I know how I felt when that siren sounded....I can only imagine what you people lucky enough to be at the MCG in particular felt/still feel.....it was a mighty effort.

EasternWest
02-10-2016, 01:33 AM
Well as you know I wasn't in Australia to support the team, as I'm on holidays in the USA, but did manage to watch the game live at the LA dragons afl function in LA.....oh my god....the game finished at 12:30am Saturday morning and as I write this it's now 7:25am and I haven't slept a wink. Over 400 Australian/American afl fans were in the house with around 300 cheering on the dogs. Have never experienced anything like it....highfiving/hugging complete strangers with American accents, and Aussies wanting the dogs to bring it home.

I know how I felt when that siren sounded....I can only imagine what you people lucky enough to be at the MCG in particular felt/still feel.....it was a mighty effort.

Man that's so awesome.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-10-2016, 05:42 AM
I have a plane trip to USA in a few hours but screw it.

BEST day ever.

angelopetraglia
02-10-2016, 10:20 AM
The coffee has never, ever tasted better!

Topdog
02-10-2016, 08:27 PM
Emotionally spent, exhausted, happy, elated, victorious

G-Mo77
03-10-2016, 05:43 AM
I'm so glad I'm in celebration mode and finding it hard to sleep. Starting work at 5am and my alarm did not go off but was awake early enough anyway. Off to work with my scarf now.

AndrewP6
05-10-2016, 10:07 PM
So, I went to work Monday, and in three days, I've had probably 50 people congratulating me. Have talked about it all week quite happily. I have worn my scarf every day, scarf and jumper on Monday. Someone asked me today "How long will you be celebrating?"...I said "Six months". They laughed, but I wasn't really kidding.

Every person who asks "How are you?"...I have responded "I'm great thanks!".

Yep, I'm holding up just fine. :cool:

angelopetraglia
06-10-2016, 11:08 PM
Still smiling. On SEN they were hypothesising that Premiership is guaranteed three years of football happiness.

Still some big moments to come. Can't wait to see the gold AFL logo on our jumpers next year. Can't wait to see the Premiership flag unveiled at our first home game.

azabob
09-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Emotionally spent, exhausted, happy, elated, victorious

I'm still all of those things!

Throughandthrough
09-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Still smiling. On SEN they were hypothesising that Premiership is guaranteed three years of football happiness.

At least 20 I say

Twodogs
02-12-2016, 11:06 PM
There's some great posts on this thread. From just after the Elimination Final it lists all our anxieties right up to almost the first bounce of the Grand Final.

merantau
06-12-2016, 12:31 PM
Bulldogs Premiers 2016 - the gift that keeps on giving!
Was at my skin specalist this morning for my yearly check up. Paying the bill was asked how my year was. You all know my reply. Receptionist was a Dogs supporter. BUT WAIT ... IT GETS BETTER! She was in Bali and watched the Cokers game at a bar FULL OF WC SUPPORTERS! Said they were raucous after the first two goals but very quiet after that and, as the game progressed more and more of them slunk away. How sad. How I wish I'd been there. My informant said it was the icing on the cake re her holiday.

merantau
06-12-2016, 01:37 PM
Know what you mean about PF's Sedat - I've seen all of them since 1985. Somehow this year it was different. In previous PF's,
there was a feeling of impending doom and a sense that we were tighter than the opposition. After WCE and Hawthorn, I was convinced that this team had mentally removed itself from all that and would be free to attack and compete. I felt positive that we'd either win or legitimately lose to the superior team.

I always imagined that when we did win a PF, the sense of relief and achievement would make backing up in the GF next to impossible. Now we're here, I don't feel that. This group are too driven and too confident in each other for that, watching Him mouthing 'one more' to the crowd immediately after the match, I thought Sydney are not going to know what hit them come Saturday.

Just been re-reading this thread. You were SO right Peanuts.

Twodogs
06-12-2016, 03:38 PM
On sober reflection and after the passage of time that was the best day of my life. It was brilliant. I'd happily live that day over and over again Groundhog Day style for the rest of my life.

Eastdog
06-12-2016, 07:05 PM
On sober reflection and after the passage of time that was the best day of my life. It was brilliant. I'd happily live that day over and over again Groundhog Day style for the rest of my life.

It was a special month and we saw our 2nd premiership the first one seen live by many Doggies supporters. Been also great since joining up as a Doggies member a few years ago (when we were struggling) to be part of a record membership tally.

Twodogs
06-12-2016, 08:24 PM
It was a special month and we saw our 2nd premiership the first one seen live by many Doggies supporters. Been also great since joining up as a Doggies member a few years ago (when we were struggling) to be part of a record membership tally.

Ever since I can remember I've dreamed about that day. Thought about what it would be like in the week leading in the parade, training and all that. I've thought through the game pretty much continuously for 45 years.

And it was every bit as good as I allowed myself to dream it would be.