PDA

View Full Version : Western Bulldogs list ‘devoid of stars and marquee players’ - Nathan Burke

FrediKanoute
22-09-2016, 12:23 AM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/western-bulldogs/western-bulldogs-list-devoid-of-stars-and-marquee-players-says-nathan-burke/news-story/9daa889a99e60dbe74863e8de342b163

I mean, Nathan would know wouldn't he? Was a great player in a largely crap team.......seriously what crock

LostDoggy
22-09-2016, 12:41 AM
Hey Nafan, go f*** yourself.

Twodogs
22-09-2016, 02:18 AM
He's entitled to his opinion.

jeemak
22-09-2016, 02:48 AM
I don't think I've heard anything more ignant than that.

He's now being asked to predict economics around AFL expansion, it's really sad.

Why do St Kilda hacks get a gig in the media?

chef
22-09-2016, 06:51 AM
What a load of wank.

chef
22-09-2016, 06:52 AM
Hopefully he finally catches one of our games this weekend, look for number 4 Nathan.

Bulldog4life
22-09-2016, 08:41 AM
He's entitled to his opinion.

He is but he is WRONG

bornadog
22-09-2016, 09:17 AM
He is but he is WRONG

Has made himself look like a complete tool.

craigsahibee
22-09-2016, 09:59 AM
I don't think I've heard anything more retarded than that.

He's now being asked to predict economics around AFL expansion, it's really sad.

Why do St Kilda hacks get a gig in the media?

Didn't know he was in the media. He sounds like the sort of guy who would be a good fit on some type of "Focus on Footy" board.

The Doctor
22-09-2016, 10:07 AM
Why is anyone taking notice of Nathan Burke?

bulldogtragic
22-09-2016, 10:08 AM
This is what I take from it:

- St Kilda people are filthy about our success (makes me even more happy)
- He anticipates us winning this weekend (good)
- The journo shows his ignorance up to the readership but listing awards, achievements etc (maybe next time NB might not want to look like a goose in having a crack at us)

It's all good.

Greystache
22-09-2016, 10:22 AM
I don't agree with him but I have to bow to his extensive knowledge of what it takes NOT to win flags or set up dynasties. If anyone would know it's a St Kilda player.

hujsh
22-09-2016, 10:52 AM
If only we had 4-5 star players like St.Kilda did in 2009/10. Then we'd be guaranteed a premiership.

The Pie Man
22-09-2016, 11:23 AM
I especially liked the bit where he kept referencing our history like this was in someway relevant to what this group is trying to achieve.

LostDoggy
22-09-2016, 12:00 PM
He's currently getting torn a new one in the comments section under the article- by St Kilda supporters and all hahahahaha #bitter

Ozza
22-09-2016, 12:10 PM
Too. Many. Concussions. Nathan.

(Either that...or he is deliberately being controversial or against the majority view so that people actually know that he is doing media work).

Remi Moses
22-09-2016, 02:40 PM
I remember him doing special comments for our game against them in round 2.
Honestly he sounded like he'd swallowed half a dozen lemons.
Very bitter

Twodogs
22-09-2016, 04:32 PM
He is but he is WRONG

Absolutely. And he gets paid to display his ignorance. It's a classic Village Idiot move, make some sort of ridiculous statement then dig yourself a bit deeper by apparantly failing to notice that the best player on the competition plays for the team with no marquee stars. He's not not yet 21 so he's got at least a decade of marqueeing in front of him.

Why is anyone taking notice of Nathan Burke?

No idea. I think he may be ginger too but he dyes his hair.

This is what I take from it:

- St Kilda people are filthy about our success (makes me even more happy)
- He anticipates us winning this weekend (good)
- The journo shows his ignorance up to the readership but listing awards, achievements etc (maybe next time NB might not want to look like a goose in having a crack at us)

It's all good.

The St Kilda being miffed thing is a very nice side effect of any team success we will enjoy. It will make success even more enjoyable.

Too. Many. Concussions. Nathan.

(Either that...or he is deliberately being controversial or against the majority view so that people actually know that he is doing media work).

I think he may have tied that helmet he used to wear on too tightly or something.

BulldogBelle
22-09-2016, 05:38 PM
He is an A grade FLOG!

LostDoggy
22-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Marquee FLOG of the Highest Order!!!
#JEALOUS

Flamethrower
22-09-2016, 09:11 PM
I was once told - Best to keep your opinion to yourself and let everyone assume that you are an idiot, rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Further proof that wearing a helmet does not prevent Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy and the associated dementia.

bulldogtragic
22-09-2016, 09:30 PM
I was once told - Best to keep your opinion to yourself and let everyone assume that you are an idiot, rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Further proof that wearing a helmet does not prevent Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy and the associated dementia.

That someone originally was Mark Twain.

boydogs
22-09-2016, 11:02 PM
How does he explain the 5 players we have had in the AA side in the last 2 seasons?

AndrewP6
22-09-2016, 11:05 PM
That someone originally was Mark Twain.

That quote is falsely attributed to him. Bit of an historical myth.

Jam Donuts
23-09-2016, 10:29 AM
My memory is not clear on this one but he did receive a smashed nose by a bulldog player back in the day and this must have left a lasting hatred of all things bulldog........good.

Bulldog4life
24-09-2016, 09:57 AM
Burke is an old cockney-English word meaning %$#@.A profanity. Let's just say he lives up to the meaning.

jazzadogs
24-09-2016, 11:25 AM
We are a very even team. If you asked non Bulldogs fans to name our top 5 players, I think Bont would be the only unanimous selection.

Stringer, Wood, Libba, Dahlhaus, Hunter, Macrae, Picken, Bob, Boyd, Caleb are all worthy.
He'll regret this comment in two years (and hopefully in two weeks) time!!

Twodogs
24-09-2016, 12:41 PM
Burke is an old cockney-English word meaning %$#@.A profanity. Let's just say he lives up to the meaning.

I worked for a couple of semesters at uni doing a major assignment task about Cockney rhyming slang. Berk (or Bourke in this case) is used in Cockney rhyming slang as a shortening of Berkshire Hunt. I'll leave it to peoples' imaginations as to what Berkshire Hunt might rhyme with in this case.

KT31
24-09-2016, 12:51 PM
So Bourke by name, Bourke by nature.

GVGjr
24-09-2016, 02:04 PM
I like it when the media underestimate us. The good part is our players know how good they are.

Bulldog4life
24-09-2016, 04:04 PM
I worked for a couple of semesters at uni doing a major assignment task about Cockney rhyming slang. Berk (or Bourke in this case) is used in Cockney rhyming slang as a shortening of Berkshire Hunt. I'll leave it to peoples' imaginations as to what Berkshire Hunt might rhyme with in this case.

I heard Harold calling his father a right burke in Steptoe & Son in the 60's. They were very risque for the time.