PDA

View Full Version : Game Day AFL Week 3 Preliminary Final - GWS Giants V Western Bulldogs

Pages : 1 [2]

Twodogs
05-01-2017, 11:56 PM
Maybe this Sunday night or next. Will depend on how many woofers can get on board.

Whenever is fine with me.

Go_Dogs
08-01-2017, 10:15 AM
Watched a replay of this yesterday, first time I'd seen it since watching it live. Even knowing the result it was stressful...

Had to be one of the best games of the year - can't wait to beat them again this year.

Scorlibo
08-01-2017, 10:41 AM
Watched a replay of this yesterday, first time I'd seen it since watching it live. Even knowing the result it was stressful...

Had to be one of the best games of the year - can't wait to beat them again this year.

Can't believe you waited so long to watch it again! This game was the best win I've seen. I remember thinking in the crowd that it didn't seem like either team could possibly lose. The belief was at 100% for both sides, and the pace was just frenetic.

Eastdog
08-01-2017, 04:30 PM
Watching it now. Nervy times in that 2nd quarter.

Eastdog
08-01-2017, 05:34 PM
Last 10 minutes of the prelim currently watching. I'm herring really nervous.

Bulldog4life
08-01-2017, 07:29 PM
Last 10 minutes of the prelim currently watching. I'm herring really nervous.

I like grilled herrings myself.

Eastdog
08-01-2017, 08:47 PM
I like grilled herrings myself.

Sorry for the typo "I'm getting I meant" :)

Smads57
08-01-2017, 09:09 PM
I went with my partner to Sydney and altho not a Bulldog supporter, he continually mentions how much better this game was live than the GF (which we also attended). I think I will always have fond memories of Spotless Stadium whenever I watch any game from that ground (even the Big Bash and A-League!)

Dry Rot
08-01-2017, 10:57 PM
Rated best game of the year

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/best-of-the-best-the-top-10-afl-games-of-2016-20161220-gtf4eq.html

Dry Rot
08-01-2017, 11:03 PM
Great review

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-match-report/the-west-is-history-western-bulldogs-reach-grand-final-20160924-grnq53.html?r

LostDoggy
09-01-2017, 12:13 PM
I watched the final quarter again last night.

It may have already been mentioned elsewhere, but with about three minutes to go with scores level at 82, the camera turns to the Bulldogs coaches box. While 99% of the Bulldogs fans in the crowd are on the edges of their seats, biting their fingernails, or simply looking away or covering their face with their hands because they can't bear to watch the closing stages, Bevo looks quite composed and you can read his lips saying, "come on boys".

What that proves to me is the whole "belief" attitude. Bevo believed we would find a way.

KT31
09-01-2017, 12:26 PM
Great review

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-match-report/the-west-is-history-western-bulldogs-reach-grand-final-20160924-grnq53.html?r

Certainly is, gave me goose bumps.

LostDoggy
25-01-2017, 11:42 PM
Octocall of the last 40 seconds of the Prelim. courtesy of Al's Higlights.
Enjoy :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz8GKgiWNrM

ReLoad
26-01-2017, 02:37 PM
Octocall of the last 40 seconds of the Prelim. courtesy of Al's Higlights.
Enjoy :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz8GKgiWNrM

Dunno who Al is but he is a bloody legend!

merantau
26-01-2017, 03:15 PM
Al is rolled gold. Wherever you are Al, just keep on doing what you're doing because wherever I am your excellent productions are just a tap away on my mobile. Thanks Al.

mjp
26-01-2017, 03:49 PM
This was an unbelievable game - and one I am always going to regret not attending. Living in Perth made getting to the first final easy, and I always go to the first final we play in Melbourne...after all, it is so often the ONLY one we play. I then decided not to go to Sydney (the time of the game made it super difficult with flights and accomodation) and save my pennies for the gf. Very happy to have travelled across again.

Seeing this thread I was wondering how many people out there attended all 4 of our finals wins last year?

bornadog
26-01-2017, 04:08 PM
This was an unbelievable game - and one I am always going to regret not attending. Living in Perth made getting to the first final easy, and I always go to the first final we play in Melbourne...after all, it is so often the ONLY one we play. I then decided not to go to Sydney (the time of the game made it super difficult with flights and accomodation) and save my pennies for the gf. Very happy to have travelled across again.

Seeing this thread I was wondering how many people out there attended all 4 of our finals wins last year?

I didn't make it Perth but went to all the other games. I was hopeful about winning in Perth, but thought it was a long way to go to lose another game at Subi. So glad I ended up going to Sydney, one of the best days of my life.

bornadog
26-01-2017, 04:10 PM
Dunno who Al is but he is a bloody legend!

Met him when he was looking for old games and he ended up converting my collection of VHS games to DVD - more than 100 games.

chef
26-01-2017, 04:15 PM

I went to the last 2. The pilgrimage of Bulldog supporters up and back the Hume is something I'll never forget. This is my favourite bulldog game ever.

Twodogs
26-01-2017, 04:42 PM
I didn't go to Sydney but I have no regrets. Out of eight prelims over the course of my life I have missed one live. Out of eight prelims over the course of my life we have won one. The one we won was the one I missed.

So I'm more than happy to watch every prelim we play from now on on TV because I really like going to watch us play grand finals live!

1eyedog
26-01-2017, 04:43 PM

I went to all four Mike. Going across to Perth was a massive undertaking in $$$ for me, but as you say it may have been the only final I saw this year. We were directly behind the Hayden Bunton Drv goals and the entire match was just surreal. Each goal we piled on the crowd got quieter. At one stage all I could hear were about 12 Bulldogs fans around us and there were all of about 6 Bulldogs flags waving around the stadium. The reception was icy and I was taunted outside the ground a number of times.

It was the first time I had been to Domain and will probably be the last. It was the third best game I've ever seen us play though...

bulldogtragic
26-01-2017, 04:48 PM
I went to the last 2. The pilgrimage of Bulldog supporters up and back the Hume is something I'll never forget. This is my favourite bulldog game ever.

Ditto. It's really hard to split the GF & PF for the best footy experience ever. But I'd agree to say the gws game with the atmosphere we force fed them up there and the pilgrimage up and back made it one heck of a life experience. Not just a footy experience.

In an historical context, the GF was momentous like the fall of Berlin to end the war for good. But the GWS game was the storming the shores of Normanby in a stunning attack to go onto break the back of the war, to allow Berlin to eventually fall, that no one else saw coming. Both were crucial events, but from a tactical/operational/strategic point of view, the storming was a far greater achievement of cunning spirit with dogged determination. That's how I feel about the GWS game, that's not to say the fall of the evil empire's favourite Capital City wasn't awesome though.

merantau
27-01-2017, 07:11 AM
I really envy and admire supporters who got to see all our finals especially the wins interstate.

Bulldog Shop should sell an "I WENT TO SPOTLESS" sticker. I reckon they'd move 25,000 of them!

ratsmac
27-01-2017, 08:30 AM
I really envy and admire supporters who got to see all our finals especially the wins interstate.

Bulldog Shop should sell an "I WENT TO SPOTLESS" sticker. I reckon they'd move 25,000 of them!

I'd buy one.

Twodogs
27-01-2017, 10:01 AM
I'd buy one.

Me too and I didn't even go! But I'd like to wear one to the next GWS game up there.

Murphy'sLore
27-01-2017, 11:40 AM
I think there will always be a 'band of brothers' (and sisters) feeling about that journey to Spotless. It was a very special event - and I say that as someone who could only experience it from a hotel room in New Zealand.

I went to two out of four finals - the easy Melbourne ones. Very envious of those who did more.

aker39
27-01-2017, 11:49 AM

My brother and sister went to all 4. I went to 3.
I couldn't believe they went to Perth. I gave us no chance and thought they were in for a lot of pain.
Little did I know it was going to be the start of the most marvelous 4 weeks ever.

Anyone that went to all 4 will be telling the story of the 2016 Final Series for many years to come. They can certainly say I WAS THERE when.....

bulldogtragic
27-01-2017, 12:52 PM
]I think there will always be a 'band of brothers' (and sisters) feeling about that journey to Spotless[/B]. It was a very special event - and I say that as someone who could only experience it from a hotel room in New Zealand.

I went to two out of four finals - the easy Melbourne ones. Very envious of those who did more.

Sure is. Before we went up to Sydney, the only group or gathering of 10,000 miracle believers who gathered together in Sydney who were noisy, dancing, singing and hugging each other was at the Hillsong Church. And they ain't got anything on us that night. Blessed be the toe poke, and glory be to Bonts. Go in peace dog's children.

Twodogs
27-01-2017, 03:20 PM
I think there will always be a 'band of brothers' (and sisters) feeling about that journey to Spotless. It was a very special event - and I say that as someone who could only experience it from a hotel room in New Zealand.

I like the Agincourt reference. There's a line in Henry's speech where he says "and gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here" but I like to think that when that siren went that night by some marvellous transcendental force, whether we were in a hotel room in NZ or watching on TV in our lounge room, we were all tea ported to Spotless. And so were all the aunties and uncles and dads and mums and mates and all the others who waited and waited but died before 2016, they were all there too.

Here in West Footscray there was certainly enough euphoria to go around. At one stage I was dancing with my Mexican next door neighbors who'd come outside to see what all the yelling and screaming and carry on was about. He didn't speak English very well and didn't seem to be understanding the explanation (then again perhaps we weren't making a lot of sense at the time:cool:) until we just said "football" and smiled. He said "ahhh Football, yes I understand. We get excited about football in Mexico too" After we'd explained a bit more he couldn't believe we'd been waiting since 1961 just to see us make it to a Grand Final. He was starting to think we were certifiable when we told him about 1954!

Eastdog
27-01-2017, 03:35 PM

Watched the interstate finals at home and went to the ones here in Victoria that included the grand final :) The best month of football ever from us in our history.

merantau
27-01-2017, 07:04 PM
September and October 2016 changed me. Our finals campaign liberated me from years of pain and longing. I look to the future with great surety. I know we will be playing finals for years to come. "Everything comes to he who waits."
Bulldog supporters: we have had our loyalty repaid a thousand fold. Outsiders will never experience a finals campaign like ours. They can only imagine but, because they are not US, they will never comprehend and share our joy.

AndrewP6
27-01-2017, 09:35 PM
Going into that game I was a bundle of nerves, as we all were. The hatred I have for GWS and everything they represent fuelled me, (especially as I could only get one drink during the game!)... pushing around outside the stadium, seeing the faux fans pull their new scarves out of their bags, I was up for the contest, come what may. the last ten minutes were the most anxious I've had in quite some time, and the feeling on the final siren..... I'm not sure any word I can think of would be apt. Giving it to those loudmouths behind us, who'd taunted us to 'Get on the plane and go home', I'll cherish that feeling forever. Knowing on that siren, we were going to the big dance, again I can't adequately describe it. I spent a small fortune on absurdly high airfares and accomodation to get Mum and I up there, and when Dicko kicked that last behind, the financial cost didn't matter one bit. Incredible.

dadsgirl16
28-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Feel privileged to belong to that band of brothers and sisters that went to Spotless...cannot put into words that euphoria I felt when the siren went...simply burst into tears.
It's on in the background as I write this...ahh memories

Dancin' Douggy
28-01-2017, 04:04 PM

Now there's a coincidence. I watched it from a hotel room in NZ too

Murphy'sLore
28-01-2017, 09:07 PM
Were you in Wellington? Did you hear us yelling and screaming? :)

Dancin' Douggy
28-01-2017, 10:02 PM
I was in Auckland. And yes I could hear you!!!!

Murphy'sLore
28-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Boom tish!

Twodogs
28-01-2017, 10:26 PM
I was in Melbourne and could heae you.

Throughandthrough
28-01-2017, 11:57 PM
There's a strange event happening in my house. I have twin sons , one of which loves sports and the other until six months ago couldn't tell the difference between a footy and an lbw call. One went to the gf with me, the other actually watched the prelim with me and confessed he watched the grand final on tv. I've noticed son #2 (aka the bandwagon) has decided to wear my "premiers 2016" cap whenever he goes anywhere, and told me it gets a lot of reactions. I mentioned there's a dogs game in Adelaide this year and he's interested in going. It's a miracle! Now to get the missus interested.....

Twodogs
29-01-2017, 12:29 AM
Sign him up...

bornadog
29-01-2017, 01:02 AM
There's a strange event happening in my house. I have twin sons , one of which loves sports and the other until six months ago couldn't tell the difference between a footy and an lbw call. One went to the gf with me, the other actually watched the prelim with me and confessed he watched the grand final on tv. I've noticed son #2 (aka the bandwagon) has decided to wear my "premiers 2016" cap whenever he goes anywhere, and told me it gets a lot of reactions. I mentioned there's a dogs game in Adelaide this year and he's interested in going. It's a miracle! Now to get the missus interested.....

My wife has been to about 4 matches in 36 years of marriage, but has listened to most games over the years. Since the GF, she insists we watch some of each of the four finals. Each night she is the one picking a quarter here and there and her favourite game is the prelim. She hates Lobb and can't stand Patton and Greene or the smart aleckness of GWS in general.:)

Now to get her to go to live games.

jeemak
29-01-2017, 01:52 AM
My wife has been to about 4 matches in 36 years of marriage, but has listened to most games over the years. Since the GF, she insists we watch some of each of the four finals. Each night she is the one picking a quarter here and there and her favourite game is the prelim. She hates Lobb and can't stand Patton and Greene or the smart aleckness of GWS in general.:)

Now to get her to go to live games.

That's gold. My beautiful other half hasn't really watched sport let alone the Bulldogs, though this preliminary final she picked the atmosphere and made sure she watched it as I was travelling to Sydney.

She called me up after the game balling her eyes out over how awesome it was.

Eastdog
29-01-2017, 03:55 AM
I was in Melbourne and could hear you.

I could hear you Twodogs :)

merantau
29-01-2017, 12:18 PM
These are the GWS players I dislike in order from most loathed first: 1. Toby Green - annoying little smarty. Has the sort of face you'd like to slap hard. 2. Shoelaces Lobb - annoying streak of misery. If he was 186cm he'd be playing for Woop Woop Reserves in the NE South West Borders League. 3. Patton - if he wasn't the size of half a container he'd struggle to get a kick in any comp. 4. Jeremy "Kick it to ME" Cameron - a front-running, downhill gliding champion flat track bully. If he had to win his own ball his stats would read a big fat zero in all columns. A harried stats man's dream. You could actually mark his card before the first bounce and be pretty confodent of getting it right. 4. Heath "It Wasn't Me!" Shaw - this teflon-coated Collingwood reject lords it over his less experienced team mates big time. But thr game's up Heath. Tory Dickson made you look like the chump's chump. Keep waving those arms Heath, keep pointing those fingers, keep laying bare your personality defects on national television, keep playing like a self-absorbed tennis brat in a team game. I love you Heath.

And 5? The rest of GWS. The difference betwen 5 and 1 is not much except to say I feel really gutted to see Callan Ward and Ryan Griffin running round for them.
But ... I would never have them back under ANY circumstances. They made their beds, they can lie in 'em.

LostDoggy
29-01-2017, 12:42 PM
These are the GWS players I dislike in order from most loathed first: 1. Toby Green - annoying little smarty. Has the sort of face you'd like to slap hard. 2. Shoelaces Lobb - annoying streak of misery. If he was 186cm he'd be playing for Woop Woop Reserves in the NE South West Borders League. 3. Patton - if he wasn't the size of half a container he'd struggle to get a kick in any comp. 4. Jeremy "Kick it to ME" Cameron - a front-running, downhill gliding champion flat track bully. If he had to win his own ball his stats would read a big fat zero in all columns. A harried stats man's dream. You could actually mark his card before the first bounce and be pretty confodent of getting it right. 4. Heath "It Wasn't Me!" Shaw - this teflon-coated Collingwood reject lords it over his less experienced team mates big time. But thr game's up Heath. Tory Dickson made you look like the chump's chump. Keep waving those arms Heath, keep pointing those fingers, keep laying bare your personality defects on national television, keep playing like a self-absorbed tennis brat in a team game. I love you Heath.

And 5? The rest of GWS. The difference betwen 5 and 1 is not much except to say I feel really gutted to see Callan Ward and Ryan Griffin running round for them.
But ... I would never have them back under ANY circumstances. They made their beds, they can lie in 'em.

A lot of what you say hear I heartily endorse.

Shaw would be my number one, however while he was made to look silly by Libba and Tory, as much as I remembered him having a crap game, on the rewatch he carved us up plenty of times, and has done before, and he does it consistently. He goes about it like an absolute tosser though.
I think Lobb is very handy. Cameron and Patton are formidable.
They have a bunch of spiteful little characters, I still wonder what Leon thinks of all that.

Twodogs
29-01-2017, 12:54 PM

Love it! Strongly concur. Personally I'd have Heath Shaw in front of Cameron and Lobbe, he's a genuine pain in the arse. And I'd have Ryan Giffin in the top five as well. He's one of them now. Just another plastic warrior.

Has the sort of face you'd like to slap hard.

One of my footy coaches (more than one actually) told me that my best asset on the field was my "supremely punchable head" I'm sure he meant it as a good thing.

mjp
29-01-2017, 08:42 PM
These are the GWS players I dislike in order from most loathed first: 1. Toby Green - annoying little smarty. Has the sort of face you'd like to slap hard.

I agree with this - but more because of the commentators love for him. There is no doubt our run from the back half (aka JJ) tore the game away from them time and again...but the Giants half forwards were never mentioned as being complicit in this. If TG was such a great player on the day, then how did Wood take 6 marks in the first quarter and how did JJ run the lines so well in the 2nd half? If running defenders are held to account when the forwards they are playing on kick goals, then forwards MUST be accountable when the running defender they are playing on splits the game open.

TG - good player but a key reason why the Giants went down.

p.s. I said pre-GF that if Sydney had any guts they would stick Nick Smith on JJ rather that worry about our small forwards...not only did they not do that, but they lined up with Lloyd, Papley, McGlynn and Richards in the forward half...non of whom seem able to be able to understand what transition defense is (though Papley is a strong i50 tackler). Dumb.

chef
03-04-2020, 08:45 PM
Games on Fox atm.

chef
03-04-2020, 08:46 PM
We started well, hope we can break that prelim curse.

Twodogs
03-04-2020, 08:50 PM
7mate have this:

2011 Prelim Final: Collingwood v Hawthorn

SeriesSportNC
AFL Hall of Famer Matthew Richardson counts down his top five AFL Grand Finals of this century.

7:32pm – 10:24pm (172 mins)

Errr.

Series also includes 2011 Elimination Final and a H & A match from 2013! I think I may have worked out one of the reasons for Richmond's lack of success when Richo was there. All those "Grand Finals" they won weren't Grand Finals after all...

Eastdog
03-04-2020, 08:52 PM
We started well, hope we can break that prelim curse.

Thanks chef. I have just flicked it on.

chef
03-04-2020, 08:55 PM
Thanks chef. I have just flicked it on.

I've got a good feeling about this one.

angelopetraglia
03-04-2020, 08:58 PM
Zaine just won us the Premiership with that well timed knee to Ward’s head. Judas, gets what he deserves. No mercy this night.

Eastdog
03-04-2020, 08:59 PM
I've got a good feeling about this one.

Me too. I reckon we can do it.

Twodogs
03-04-2020, 08:59 PM
Zaine just won us the Premiership with that well timed knee to Ward’s head. Judas, gets what he deserves. No mercy this night.

It's brutal out there!

*!*!*!*! I'd love this.

chef
03-04-2020, 09:01 PM

His greatest moment as a Dogs player.

angelopetraglia
03-04-2020, 09:02 PM
Deadeye Dicko!!!!!!

Eastdog
03-04-2020, 09:10 PM
Great goal from Clay before

Eastdog
03-04-2020, 09:21 PM
High intensity this game

Happy Days
03-04-2020, 10:33 PM
This is Dwayne’s best call ever.

Eastdog
03-04-2020, 10:36 PM
Getting serious now

chef
03-04-2020, 10:49 PM
Yay we won

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-04-2020, 10:52 PM
I could watch that game every day for the rest of my life and never get bored.
Every time I see Clay smash in to Griff for Caleb to get that goal, or when JJ takes of from defense and puts it out in front of Bont who slaps it oicks it up and goals, or when Macae slots it, and then the moment it was a certainty when Stringer centred to Dicko.
A magical moment for all Dogs fans.

Eastdog
03-04-2020, 10:53 PM
What a game this was. Good to relive it again.

Eastdog
03-04-2020, 10:54 PM
I could watch that game every day for the rest of my life and never get bored.
Every time I see Clay smash in to Griff for Caleb to get that goal, or when JJ takes of from defense and puts it out in front of Bont who slaps it oicks it up and goals, or when Macae slots it, and then the moment it was a certainty when Stringer centred to Dicko.
A magical moment for all Dogs fans.

Those final quarter moments will never forget. It is just here at now we have a PF final win in the modern era to go back to.

Sedat
03-04-2020, 10:57 PM
Try as he might, not even Dwayne Russell could ruin that match

Twodogs
03-04-2020, 11:56 PM
Try as he might, not even Dwayne Russell could ruin that match

Ian Cleland and Doug Bigelow could have called that and it would have been fine

Rocket Science
04-04-2020, 04:50 PM
Re-routed post!

Was this the the best game Fletcher Roberts ever filed for us?

I wish we saw more of what he brought in the first half especially. Smart, timely, low-risk interventions as required. It didn't hurt that we were breathing fire on every line and he had waves of support but he just seemed to respond the right way in the right moments.

Rocket Science
04-04-2020, 04:51 PM
PS: re-watching this game made me wistful for the take-no-shit character we had in spades.

Matty Boyd on a mission, a fired up Clay Smith, Libba winding them up, Roughy repeatedly giving it to that shit-truck Mumford before he ate a football, Pickers in everything, Moz being Moz, and Zaine doing his thing.

They were mouthy and trying their trademark faux hardman schtick all night but it just didn't matter when it counted. Special shout out to Jeremy Cameron expending more energy getting into the faces of our blokes if they had a free paid against them then he did going anywhere near the pill in a tough, high-stakes game - two glorious handballs to half time. Onya chief.

bornadog
04-04-2020, 08:15 PM
PS: re-watching this game made me wistful for the take-no-shit character we had in spades.

Matty Boyd on a mission, a fired up Clay Smith, Libba winding them up, Roughy repeatedly giving it to that shit-truck Mumford before he ate a football, Pickers in everything, Moz being Moz, and Zaine doing his thing.

They were mouthy and trying their trademark faux hardman schtick all night but it just didn't matter when it counted. Special shout out to Jeremy Cameron expending more energy getting into the faces of our blokes if they had a free paid against them then he did going anywhere near the pill in a tough, high-stakes game - two glorious handballs to half time. Onya chief.

The other thing I noticed was the small things, like in the third quarter when Picken does a hand ball along the ground, somehow, Macrae flicks it up to Libba who then passes it forward. Then Dahl does a great smother by throwing himself on the ball. It sure was men of mayhem

Rocket Science
05-04-2020, 12:41 AM
The other thing I noticed was the small things, like in the third quarter when Picken does a hand ball along the ground, somehow, Macrae flicks it up to Libba who then passes it forward. Then Dahl does a great smother by throwing himself on the ball. It sure was men of mayhem

Aye, the consistency with which those chains of ramshackle but clever and/or gutsy touches came off still makes you reel. With everyone involved in the chain implicitly trusting the bloke before and after each touch to do something constructive for the greater good, even if it was just getting crunched while getting a deft hand to the pill to advantage a teammate.

If we're ever treated to game of footy again I hope Bevo can recreate that solidarity.

The Pie Man
06-04-2020, 11:39 AM

Yep - the attitude is something sorely lacking in the current group (arise, sir Bailey Smith)

I've taped this but managed to watch some of it Saturday morning and saw Jeremy Cameron getting into someone's face and had to laugh - even yelling at the TV 'how about you turn up in a final Jezza before talking?'

Special shout out to Zaine Cordy who was very good - and how good was the don't argue from the Bont to give Cordy his first goal?

comrade
06-04-2020, 01:28 PM
Special shout out to Zaine Cordy who was very good - and how good was the don't argue from the Bont to give Cordy his first goal?

We should really give Cordy another crack as that lock down, fill a gap CHF. Did some handy things during that finals series. He's also turning into a disaster in defence, so kills two birds with one stone.

The Pie Man
06-04-2020, 02:39 PM
We should really give Cordy another crack as that lock down, fill a gap CHF. Did some handy things during that finals series. He's also turning into a disaster in defence, so kills two birds with one stone.

Ja....while I wouldn't say disaster (though I have been critical) I sense he might be better suited forward.

Though given I'd sling English forward too, I seem to be full of ideas that aren't really solutions.....

comrade
06-04-2020, 03:44 PM
Ja....while I wouldn't say disaster (though I have been critical) I sense he might be better suited forward.

Though given I'd sling English forward too, I seem to be full of ideas that aren't really solutions.....

I'm open to English playing more forward, too.

I wrote in another thread, but if we swapped Naughton and Cordy, we'd automatically be a 5 goal better side.

Danjul
06-04-2020, 10:09 PM
I'm open to English playing more forward, too.

I wrote in another thread, but if we swapped Naughton and Cordy, we'd automatically be a 5 goal better side.
That game was very intense, and for a first year player in something like his 10th game Cordy showed a lot of promise as a forward.

He kept his feet under pressure and his goals were the result of quick reflexes. I thought he worked well against one of the strongest defences in the competition. Our forward line has lacked his rampaging attack on the ball lately. On the back line his attributes only appear as one percenters while his opponents kick personal best bags of goals.

With English kicking 50 goals from centre half forward I can see see Cordy making positive contributions from the flank beside him.