PDA

View Full Version : Membership 2017 - Target 50,000

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Daughter of the West
28-06-2017, 04:11 PM
I just got the email too - woo hoo, I'm in! Just checked the back of my ticket thinking I was 9 years, and discovered it was 10 :)

Cyberdoggie
28-06-2017, 04:32 PM
i have applied as well, although I also tried the link to 'bring a friend for free' and that doesn't work. Goes to a page that says the offer isn't available.

Just got another email from the club titled -updated link, but that doesn't work for this offer either.

cinder
28-06-2017, 05:18 PM
i have applied as well, although I also tried the link to 'bring a friend for free' and that doesn't work. Goes to a page that says the offer isn't available.

Just got another email from the club titled -updated link, but that doesn't work for this offer either.

Here's the link: Link (https://membership.westernbulldogs.com.au/bring-friend). For me I had to make sure I was logged in before clicking the link (ie: click link, log in, close link and re-open)

ledge
28-06-2017, 06:12 PM

I had same problem I rang the membership number and they emailed the ticket to me within minutes

hujsh
28-06-2017, 06:18 PM
I had no problem getting the ticket. It asked me to log in when the link loaded up

LostDoggy
29-06-2017, 02:34 PM
I just got the email too - woo hoo, I'm in! Just checked the back of my ticket thinking I was 9 years, and discovered it was 10 :)

Dammit! I am nine!

Bulldog Joe
29-06-2017, 02:41 PM
Well I am in my 26th year of membership and got the email, but also decided that I wouldn't bother with the lap thing.

Just happy to get my usual spot in stand and interact with the friends I have made through the membership.

bulldogtragic
29-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Well I am in my 26th year of membership and got the email, but also decided that I wouldn't bother with the lap thing.

Just happy to get my usual spot in stand and interact with the friends I have made through the membership.

Ditto, I reckon I'm 22 years but some files went missing at some point so I'm 14 years. Walking a lap sounded too much like exercise to me. They should offer post game room access or something like that, that'd be a more rewarding experience in my opinion.

cinder
29-06-2017, 06:17 PM
They should offer post game room access or something like that, that'd be a more rewarding experience in my opinion.

Yeah I could have handled that!

ledge
30-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Do 10x 10+ year members each home game get post game experience, that's 120 members a year and people with 9 years will be encouraged to make it ten years, something to strive for and a reward.

always right
01-07-2017, 06:22 PM
Great achievement to hit this record membership. I do worry however that we have pissed these gains against the wall with our insipid premiership defence.

bulldogtragic
01-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Great achievement to hit this record membership. I found worry however that we have pissed these gains against the wall with our insipid premiership defence.

Unless we sign some big names, we can except a decent drop off I reckon.

bulldogsthru&thru
01-07-2017, 06:43 PM
Drop like flies. 40k or there abouts next year

LostDoggy
01-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Yep. We really needed to capitalise on last years performance by going top four this season. We are going through go backwards in membership next season. Need to bounce back really well fast

GVGjr
02-07-2017, 12:22 AM
Great achievement to hit this record membership. I do worry however that we have pissed these gains against the wall with our insipid premiership defence.

Given the momentum we gained at the end of last year it's going to be hard to back it up again next season. In some people eyes we've failed to delivery on our ability.

GVGjr
02-07-2017, 12:25 AM
Unless we sign some big names, we can except a decent drop off I reckon.

We shouldn't consider signing big names unless we are very confident we have a recipe for success and have learned our lessons.
We would be far better to look for longer term and lower key additions.

bulldogtragic
02-07-2017, 09:03 PM
We shouldn't consider signing big names unless we are very confident we have a recipe for success and have learned our lessons.
We would be far better to look for longer term and lower key additions.

I think we are not far off it in 2018 if we bring in 3 good additions, the players have an honest review of the year, the gameplan is worked out and the coaching panel and match committee sort themselves out. Our player profiles are moving steadily past 50 and 100 games. I anticipate seeing improvement in numerous players, and a lot of kids to start putting pressure to come up through. I'd get a big name recruit first and foremost from a team perspective, but the real world reality is that kind of thing will hopefully retain some members from jumping off, which is the thread topic.

GVGjr
02-07-2017, 10:53 PM
I think we are not far off it in 2018 if we bring in 3 good additions, the players have an honest review of the year, the gameplan is worked out and the coaching panel and match committee sort themselves out. Our player profiles are moving steadily past 50 and 100 games. I anticipate seeing improvement in numerous players, and a lot of kids to start putting pressure to come up through. I'd get a big name recruit first and foremost from a team perspective, but the real world reality is that kind of thing will hopefully retain some members from jumping off, which is the thread topic.

We have good list in terms of playing experience however, it comes down to attitude and desire for the core group because it's a risky move to add high priced senior players if we aren't 100% confident we can bounce back into serious contention next season.
I mentioned our profile was moving in the right direction for a sustained run last year but we didn't improve the group after the trade and draft periods to strengthen our chances for 2017 and we all know it's been a real struggle so far.
I'm also sure there will be improvement in the younger group but I wonder how realistic that it will be enough to lift the side back into contention? For example the guys we drafted last year probably all need another development season.

I think we either need to go hard for FA (2?) or to focus purely on the draft with some low key additions to balance it out but I'd imagine we will do a bit of both. You're probably right, we will go hard for a FA which will create some excitement but I'm not yet convinced it's the right option.

bornadog
22-07-2017, 09:48 PM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Images/Website%20artwork/MembershipTally-July212017.jpg

bulldogtragic
22-07-2017, 09:50 PM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Images/Website%20artwork/MembershipTally-July212017.jpg

A shame we couldn't quite get a 20% boost. I guess the real number to pay attention to is next year's number. I'd hate to have a successful time like North had in the 90's and end up none the better for it.

Eastdog
22-07-2017, 09:51 PM
That is great. So proud being a Doggies member and apart of the record membership figure.

KT31
22-07-2017, 11:50 PM
A shame we couldn't quite get a 20% boost. I guess the real number to pay attention to is next year's number. I'd hate to have a successful time like North had in the 90's and end up none the better for it.
One positive BT, may be they are mostly all genuine members this year and not benefactors or coterie groups pumping the numbers up.
Great result compared to previous seasons, just hope our effort this year doesn't hurt us too much.

Prince Imperial
23-07-2017, 01:39 AM
One positive BT, may be they are mostly all genuine members this year and not benefactors or coterie groups pumping the numbers up.
Great result compared to previous seasons, just hope our effort this year doesn't hurt us too much.

I reckon there's a lot of truth in that. In previous years we always seemed to get an unnaturally large surge in June/July.

ledge
23-07-2017, 10:12 AM
Is this the final AFL figure ?

bornadog
26-07-2017, 10:17 AM
Dogs reach 47,000 members

Western Bulldogs have today reached 47,000 members for the first time in the Club’s history.

The Western Bulldogs have today reached 47,000 members for the first time in the Club’s history.

The significant milestone sees the Club break their previous membership record of 40,081 by 6,919.
The Club has seen significant increases across all categories in 2017, including a 25% increase in Reserved Seating on 2016 and there is now a waitlist on Premiership Gold and EJ Whitten Social Club for the first time.

The official AFL cut-off for 2017 club membership sales is next Monday 31 July, with 3-Game General Admission Memberships still available.

The Club has two home matches (Round 19 v Essendon; Round 21 v GWS Giants) at Etihad Stadium, along with a member replacement game against Hawthorn (Round 23) at same venue, which ensures this membership option as being the most cost-effective way to gain access to all three games and still help build the Club’s record membership tally.

For more information on the 3-Game General Admission Membership, please call 1300 GO DOGS (46 36 47) or click here (https://membership.westernbulldogs.com.au/general-admission-1).

bornadog
01-08-2017, 05:51 PM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Articles/Matches%202017/47106-MEM0490-Membership-Tally-Tile.jpg

Not sure if this is the final figure.

ledge
01-08-2017, 06:30 PM
Wonder how I debt is going, we should be in a very good position now better than we have ever been.

GVGjr
01-08-2017, 06:31 PM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Articles/Matches%202017/47106-MEM0490-Membership-Tally-Tile.jpg

Not sure if this is the final figure.

I believe it should be. Great response by our fans

GVGjr
01-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Wonder how I debt is going, we should be in a very good position now better than we have ever been.

Peter Gordon mentioned that there was a debt reduction this year. He seemed comfortable with our debt level.

Imagine if we made a dent in the finals campaign again this year what it would do to our membership numbers for 2018?

Hotdog60
01-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Imagine if we made it back to back what the membership numbers would be in 2018?
Also imagine what rules would be change to make sure we don't make it a 3 peat.

bornadog
08-08-2017, 09:55 AM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Hero/2017_HERO/47208-Membership-Tally-Tile.jpg

bulldogtragic
08-08-2017, 09:58 AM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Hero/2017_HERO/47208-Membership-Tally-Tile.jpg

Now we look like playing finals and 102 people sign up.

bornadog
11-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Still going up:

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Hero/2017_HERO/47298_MembershipTally.jpg

bornadog
18-08-2017, 01:57 PM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Hero/2017_HERO/473349_MEM0490-Membership-Tally-Tile.jpg

bulldogtragic
19-08-2017, 05:27 PM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Hero/2017_HERO/473349_MEM0490-Membership-Tally-Tile.jpg

Unless we start with a bang next year, after some good trades in. I reckon most we picked up will drop off. Hopefully we can get over 40,000 again.

GVGjr
19-08-2017, 06:49 PM
I don't think we will have any trouble with 40K but we will need some things to fall into place to back up this years outstanding numbers

bornadog
23-08-2017, 07:49 PM
The club is still counting:

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Hero/2017_HERO/47503_MEM0490-Membership-Tally-Tile.jpg

bornadog
29-08-2017, 02:41 PM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Hero/2017_HERO/47704-MEM0490-Membership.jpg

Eastdog
29-08-2017, 09:27 PM
I don't think we will have any trouble with 40K but we will need some things to fall into place to back up this years outstanding numbers

That's how I see it as well. Hopefully a lot still will be renewing soon for the 2018 season. I expect a little drop off but not too much.

If we had a better season and we were playing finals we would be aiming for 50K in 2018.

ledge
29-08-2017, 09:32 PM
I think it depends how we sell it in the pre season .. A good catchy advertising campaign giving hope and glory.
An inspiring speech from the coach would be great .. On the White board like above.

Nuggety Back Pocket
31-08-2017, 12:06 PM
Peter Gordon mentioned that there was a debt reduction this year. He seemed comfortable with our debt level.

Imagine if we made a dent in the finals campaign again this year what it would do to our membership numbers for 2018?

My understanding is that the debt after our Premiership win went from 12 million down to just 2 million, which is an exceptional performance. It means that with our salary cap we can be more than competitive.

bornadog
31-08-2017, 12:08 PM
My understanding is that the debt after our Premiership win went from 12 million down to just 2 million, which is an exceptional performance. It means that with our salary cap we can be more than competitive.

I may be wrong, but depends on how you define debt.

Pretty sure we still have a loan of around $5 million (someone correct me if incorrect)

ledge
31-08-2017, 01:53 PM

Salary cap is irrelevant we all have to pay the same , it's more to do with money for coaches and training expenses.

bornadog
31-08-2017, 03:10 PM
Salary cap is irrelevant we all have to pay the same, it's more to do with money for coaches and training expenses.

Pretty sure NBP means we can have the money to spend our cap. For many years we were sitting on 90 to 95% not 100%

Axe Man
31-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Re the debt during the previous financial year:

The Western Bulldogs Football Club has announced an operating profit of $3,641,018 for the year ended 31 October 2016. It is the third consecutive year of profit for the Club.

The Club’s total revenue rose to a record $48.4 million, surpassing last year’s previous record of $41.3m.

The Club’s net debt reduced from $8.3m to $1.9m in the 12 month period.

Link (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-12-07/dogs-announce-a-record-operating-profit)

Axe Man
31-08-2017, 03:41 PM
I may be wrong, but depends on how you define debt.

Pretty sure we still have a loan of around $5 million (someone correct me if incorrect)

Loans of around $4 million at 31 October 2016 according to the financials.

ledge
31-08-2017, 03:52 PM

Good chance that could be knocked off after this years membership growth and crowd figures, we might not have made finals this year but last years success made sure this year would be a great year too financially.

Nuggety Back Pocket
31-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Pretty sure NBP means we can have the money to spend our cap. For many years we were sitting on 90 to 95% not 100%

That is exactly what I meant. Appreciate the clarification.

bornadog
31-08-2017, 04:36 PM

Cheers, I thought it was still right up there. Need to get rid of it and not pay interest for nothing.

Twodogs
31-08-2017, 07:43 PM

I don't understand how our debt is 1.9m but we have loans of 4m. Unless we are planning on not paying back the money we borrowed then it shouldn't be counted amonst the money we owe which is what our debt is. Isn't it?

hujsh
31-08-2017, 08:16 PM
I don't understand how our debt is 1.9m but we have loans of 4m. Unless we are planning on not paying back the money we borrowed then it shouldn't be counted amonst the money we owe which is what our debt is. Isn't it?

It'd be net debt. 4 mil in loans and an ability to pay 2.1 in the short term if required

bornadog
31-08-2017, 10:20 PM

Loan is what we owe the bank.

Net debt is the overall financial situation by subtracting the total value of a company's liabilities and debts from the total value of its cash, cash equivalents and other liquid assets, a process called netting.

Twodogs
31-08-2017, 11:19 PM

Net debt is the overall financial situation by subtracting the total value of a company's liabilities and debts from the total value of its cash, cash equivalents and other liquid assets, a process called netting.

Gotcha.

Scraggers
01-09-2017, 12:26 PM

Are we allowed to count the Bont or JJ as an asset against the net debt?

Axe Man
01-09-2017, 12:28 PM

The trouble with that is there are a few players one could argue should count as a liability. ;)

Twodogs
01-09-2017, 01:12 PM

I was wondering if the players or even (taking the concept to its logical extension) draft picks could be counted as/are assets? Or their contracts? After all teams invest in players with contracts. Maybe the contracts should count as assets and liabilitys?

And if they don't and other codes do (I dunno, baseball, Soccer, basketball for arguments sake) then would that make those teams automatically more valuable than AFL teams?

hujsh
01-09-2017, 05:54 PM
I was wondering if the players or even (taking the concept to its logical extension) draft picks could be counted as/are assets? Or their contracts? After all teams invest in players with contracts. Maybe the contracts should count as assets and liabilitys?

And if they don't and other codes do (I dunno, baseball, Soccer, basketball for arguments sake) then would that make those teams automatically more valuable than AFL teams?
Well you don't really own or sell players in AFL so it'd be like counting an appliance you rented as an asset. Other codes would have more assets being able to sell players but they do also often have to pay for those players to get them in the first place so I assume their liabilities would be higher on average too. Though that's a bit murky because once the contract runs out you don't really get to sell the player anymore

Contracts are liabilities because they're the wages you have to pay.