PDA

View Full Version : How amazing are our supporters?

LostDoggy
03-10-2016, 06:05 PM
So I flew down from Qld for the GF and was going to the game solo. I went to Beer Dekixe before the game but struggled in the crowd to find any woofers.

So I checked the forum and ended up having beers with a bloke who flew in from Scotland, another from WA and a local. Sorry boys in my shock I can't remember your forum handles.

How amazing is the Dogs community. We are one huge family

Eastdog
03-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Yes our supporters are great. They came yesterday to the Whitten Oval from far and wide.

AndrewP6
03-10-2016, 11:38 PM
Post game, the exhilaration of victory running through our veins... Three blokes standing behind me hugged and high fived me, and even insisted I be in their photos. Maybe they saw I was by myself - although arguably I was with tens of thousands of my friends!

SonofScray
03-10-2016, 11:48 PM
We ran amok in Beer Deluxe post game. Singing etc was off the charts. Blokes standing on tables, climbing on the bar.

1eyedog
04-10-2016, 12:08 AM
Yeah post game in beer deluxe was epic. 1eyedog was the local snoop. Jazzadogs from Bonnie Scotland and Scraggers from W.A. nicer guys you could not meet.

Ghost Dog
04-10-2016, 02:28 AM
The supporters on Woof are great! We woofers have shared some highs and lows over the years. Redemption for loyalty. Thanks for all your posting musings everyone. A season to remember.

Eastdog
04-10-2016, 05:07 PM
It was an honour to have started the game day thread for our Grand Final and doing the best on ground thread for WOOF.

always right
04-10-2016, 05:38 PM
Didn't realise there were so many woofers at Beer Deluxe. A group of us including my family arrived a little later but had a ball welcoming other dog supporters as they arrived....including a very happy sister of Lin Jong.

Caught up with Rocco Jones and met a bloke who had his hair cut in pure Disco Libba style. Great atmosphere, lots of beer and lots of shots.

Eastdog
04-10-2016, 05:41 PM
Ive still only met soupaman so far and I'm sure a lot of you were at Whitten Oval on Sunday but just way to difficult to find anyone even if we wanted to.

westdog54
04-10-2016, 05:43 PM
Missed post game but pre game was a great catch up. BAD, Sedat, Cyberdoggie, MJP (who I hadn't seen in years) and even caught up with Chops and Sockeye.

Then ran into Firstdog on the walk to the G.

Plus dozens of other old friends who I crossed paths with either at or enroute to the ground.

Really was a great day.

always right
04-10-2016, 05:44 PM
Ive still only met soupaman so far and I'm sure a lot of you were at Whitten Oval on Sunday but just way to difficult to find anyone even if we wanted to.

Where did you go to celebrate after the match Eastdog?

bornadog
04-10-2016, 05:47 PM
Missed post game but pre game was a great catch up. BAD, Sedat, Cyberdoggie, MJP (who I hadn't seen in years) and even caught up with Chops and Sockeye.

Then ran into Firstdog on the walk to the G.

Plus dozens of other old friends who I crossed paths with either at or enroute to the ground.

Really was a great day.

Plus Underdog.

Some have asked if there is an amnesty period to rejoin WOOF - hint hint GVGjr

aker39
04-10-2016, 05:48 PM
Caught up with Rocco Jones and met a bloke who had his hair cut in pure Disco Libba style. Great atmosphere, lots of beer and lots of shots.

My sister in Law came running up to me saying Libba is at the bar.
I said, I know he is one crazy cat, be there is no way he would be at Beer Deluxe.
This must have been who she was talking about.

anfo27
04-10-2016, 06:23 PM
I was at beer deluxe after the game too. It was a bit subdued at first but once the dj played the song it was awesome. Probably would have talked to a few woofers without even knowing it. I was the twat with the yellow baseball cap. What an amazing night.

Eastdog
04-10-2016, 06:27 PM
Where did you go to celebrate after the match Eastdog?

Just had a beer or two at home but probably should have went to Beer Deluxe where most woofers were.

KT31
04-10-2016, 06:50 PM
Great to meet a few Woofers at Beer Deluxe pregame, hopefully we can make it a yearly thing.

Plus Underdog.

Some have asked if there is an amnesty period to rejoin WOOF - hint hint GVGjr

We discussed this pregame at the Deluxe with several Woofers and those it concerned promised to be on their very best behaviour if allowed to rejoin the community.:)

BulldogBelle
04-10-2016, 08:18 PM
The train on the way home was full of Bulldog supporters, we sang the club song. It was a great atmosphere.

The train slowed down to a crawl when approaching North Melbourne station. Someone said it was Shaun Higgins throwing himself under the train.

SonofScray
04-10-2016, 08:28 PM
One thing I will never forget is a conga line, 200 hundred Footscray fans long hamming it up to a cover of Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al." Snaked its way through the other supporters partying. It was unashamed, unadulterated joy.

LostDoggy
04-10-2016, 08:28 PM
Our supporters are amazing.

Are any supporters not able to go to the Best and Fairest tomorrow night? I am looking to take my dad if anyone has two tickets they are looking to sell due to not being able to attend.

You will be even more amazing if I could purchase the tickets off you.

LostDoggy
04-10-2016, 11:29 PM
Yeah post game in beer deluxe was epic. 1eyedog was the local snoop. Jazzadogs from Bonnie Scotland and Scraggers from W.A. nicer guys you could not meet.

Was great to meet you blokes