PDA

View Full Version : God works in strange ways .

ledge
05-10-2016, 09:22 AM
I would like to bring up a very well known identity at the club in the 70s and 80s who sadly in recent months was put into a home due to alzhiemers and is expected to pass in the next few days. His name is Don (Bull) Mason life member and trainer.
I hope he was well enough to see and comprehend what happened on Saturday .. It seems somehow he saw his dream and is now leaving this place.

It's all a bit creepy to me as in the 80s I was engaged to his daughter and I caught up with her last year, 30 years after I last saw her.
I talked her back into being a member and going together and we had the " we were back in each other's life for a reason" conversation. After going to the game on Saturday together I looked her in the eye and said " this is the reason"
A poignant moment that things do happen for a reason.

KT31
05-10-2016, 09:35 AM
I would like to bring up a very well known identity at the club in the 70s and 80s who sadly in recent months was put into a home due to alzhiemers and is expected to pass in the next few days. His name is Don (Bull) Mason life member and trainer.
I hope he was well enough to see and comprehend what happened on Saturday .. It seems somehow he saw his dream and is now leaving this place.

It's all a bit creepy to me as in the 80s I was engaged to his daughter and I caught up with her last year, 30 years after I last saw her.
I talked her back into being a member and going together and we had the " we were back in each other's life for a reason" conversation. After going to the game on Saturday together I looked her in the eye and said " this is the reason"

Lovely post Ledge.

EasternWest
05-10-2016, 11:23 AM

That's great ledge. Thanks for sharing it.

Axe Man
05-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Horrible disease Alzheimer’s, with Ernie Sigley also diagnosed and unfortunately unable to attend the Grand Final on Saturday.

Ernie Sigley diagnosed with Alzheimer’s (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/ernie-sigley-diagnosed-with-alzheimers/news-story/909098e1d27a8d7def50347abe54e853)

BELOVED television and radio personality Ernie Sigley has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease.

The 78-year-old Footscray-born presenter was noticeably absent at the AFL Grand Final on Saturday, with his family announcing today that Sigley has been living with the disease throughout 2016.

“While he would love to have been at the MCG to watch his beloved Western Bulldogs make history, Ernie had to settle for the live television broadcast,” his family said in a statement.

Sigley has been known as the Bulldogs’ most prominent supporter despite their years of struggles.

He was often seen at games and promoted the formerly known Footscray Football Club with admiration on radio and TV during their leanest years.

A former Wheel of Fortune host, Sigley had his own program, The Ernie Sigley Show, on Channel 9 during the 1970s.

In 1975, he took out the Gold Logie for best personality on Australian television, presented by one of his idols, Hollywood legend John Wayne.

Sigley and his wife Glenys live in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs and have two children.