PDA

View Full Version : Boomer's kids dump Roos to support Dogs

BulldogBelle
05-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Dinny Navaratnam October 5, 2016 12:21 PM

THE FALLOUT from Brent Harvey's split with North Melbourne continues with Boomer's wife, Shayne, revealing the Harvey children have jumped on the Bulldogs' bandwagon.

North Melbourne told Harvey, 38, he would not receive a contract for 2017 in the days leading up to the Kangaroos' final home and away game of the season against Greater Western Sydney.

Drew Petrie, Michael Firrito and Nick Dal Santo were also informed they would not be playing on at the Roos.

While the children of the Harvey clan had been North supporters, Shayne Harvey told EON Sports Radio on Wednesday that is no longer the case.

"My 12-year-old (Cooper) and four-year-old (Hudson) have totally jumped on the bandwagon," she said.

"Cooper totally has jumped ship. He's asked for a membership for the Bulldogs.

"When Brent got sacked, he said 'Mum, can you go and get me a new jumper? I want a Bulldogs jumper'."

The family will be departing for a month-long trip to the US next week.

Harvey, the AFL all-time games record holder with 432, hasn't ruled out playing on in 2017 but his manager Shane Casley conceded on Monday that a move to another club is unlikely.

If Harvey doesn't play AFL, he will join North Heidelberg to play with his brother Shane.

He won't play outside Victoria because Cooper will begin year seven next season.

"He's ruled out going interstate. I've said I wouldn't mind going interstate," she said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-05/boomers-kids-jump-ship-to-dogs

BulldogBelle
05-10-2016, 04:56 PM
Was not sure where to post this.

Good to see a few more jumping on:)

Throughandthrough
05-10-2016, 06:23 PM
So he is married to Shayne and his brother is Shane?

bulldogtragic
05-10-2016, 06:31 PM
So he is married to Shayne and his brother is Shane?

(And his manager is Shane) Unless they born in the Deep South of the US. Could be the same person. :D

bulldogtragic
05-10-2016, 06:33 PM
Everyone loves a winner. I wonder if they're asking his dad if he can play for the Bulldogs?

Ghost Dog
05-10-2016, 10:25 PM
Well the first thing these kids have to learn, once you barrack for the Dogs, you don't switch clubs....
Rusted....on.

AndrewP6
05-10-2016, 10:27 PM
Bahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha!!!

LostDoggy
06-10-2016, 12:35 AM
Bahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha!!!

This.

Remi Moses
06-10-2016, 01:21 AM
Norf

bornadog
06-10-2016, 10:03 AM
Norf

are heading South.

LostDoggy
06-10-2016, 09:15 PM
are heading South.

Way down South Brother.

Murphy'sLore
08-10-2016, 01:17 PM
Could we hire Boomer as an assistant coach and pick up all those disaffected North fans who were outraged at his delisting?

bulldogtragic
08-10-2016, 01:25 PM
Could we hire Boomer as an assistant coach and pick up all those disaffected North fans who were outraged at his delisting?

That's not too bad an idea. Particularly if Daniel, Hrovat & Honey (& other smalls) are still around. Teaching them how to excel as a much smaller player, running, leading etc. might be a nice development role.

Twodogs
08-10-2016, 05:07 PM
Norf

are heading South.

They're irrelevant.

Meh! We will pick them up eventually anyway.

Ghost Dog
08-10-2016, 06:08 PM
I don't write off any club now. People made that mistake about us. All depends on how they approach the challenge.

Well, hopefully Boomer's kids remember their new allegiance when they get to playing age!

KT31
08-10-2016, 07:45 PM

Not sure I want them, they have a lot of band wagon support and from my memory at games at the Western Oval and Arden St they were pretty ordinary.
Also with the success they had in the 90's they could have built an empire but they didn't support or back up their club like we have.

Topdog
09-10-2016, 08:06 AM
I don't write off any club now. People made that mistake about us. All depends on how they approach the challenge.

Well, hopefully Boomer's kids remember their new allegiance when they get to playing age!

You can safely write teams off for 4-5 year periods. North and Richmond are stuffed for at least that long. Collingwood seem to be heading down that path