PDA

View Full Version : Easton Wood out for 4 months

bulldogtragic
09-10-2016, 12:57 PM
It's behind the Hun's paywall, but I briefly saw the paper and Easton's ankle was and is so bad after his surgery he needs 4 months off. Another tough MF.

Between he, Morris & Libba their combined pain would be beyond physical torture.

GVGjr
09-10-2016, 01:13 PM
Fantastic ability to play through the pain however, now with 4 months off that is a significant interruption to next years planning. He would have to be underdone by round 1.

I winder how many players are going in for off season surgeries? There might be a few with shoulder injuries that need fixing.

azabob
09-10-2016, 01:32 PM
Tom Boyd, Jake Stringer, Caleb Daniel and one other from memory all require major shoulder surgery.

I wonder if Liberatore needs to have an operation also?

Add in mid - late season starts for Wallis and Redpath our depth early on will be tested.

bulldogtragic
09-10-2016, 04:51 PM
Suckling I'd imagine needs his Achilles done too.

azabob
09-10-2016, 05:20 PM
Suckling I'd imagine needs his Achilles done too.

I think Sucklings achilles is more of a rest and strengthen program rather than an operation.

LostDoggy
09-10-2016, 05:24 PM
10-15 years ago this was a lot more of a concern. With the ever improving technological advancement, recovery and rehab is a lot more reliable, effective and professional than it was in the early 2000s.

Wood may not be able to do full contact for four months, but that's not an issue. In four months time, it will be the first week of NAB Challenge matches and this is around the time Wood will be participating in full contact work. It is also the same time the rest of the AFL will begin participating in full contact work.

Wood's fitness won't be an issue, and he won't be behind the eight ball at all. There are many more forms of cardio you can do that won't be any strain on his ankle.

boydogs
09-10-2016, 07:13 PM
That's a hell of an ankle injury. Wondering what exactly is wrong

Twodogs
09-10-2016, 08:46 PM
That's a hell of an ankle injury. Wondering what exactly is wrong

Everything I think. There's nothing that's right really.

Twodogs
09-10-2016, 08:49 PM
We have a captain's curse.

We should try running the team as an autonomous collective.

Dancin' Douggy
09-10-2016, 09:03 PM
We have no curses any more. It's over. All we have now are normal problems.

merantau
09-10-2016, 11:05 PM
Easton Wood has been super impressive as skipper. Got is rolling against the Hawks and was manic in the last few minutes against GWS. For the rest of the finals he was just superb.

Twodogs
11-10-2016, 12:22 AM
We have no curses any more. It's over. All we have now are normal problems.

Yeah you're right DD. Shut up me, no curses at all.

After all we are the REIGNING PREMIERS!!!!';)

stefoid
11-10-2016, 11:15 AM
Easton Wood has been super impressive as skipper. Got is rolling against the Hawks and was manic in the last few minutes against GWS. For the rest of the finals he was just superb.

Who will take on the captaincy in Woods absence :-O

;-)

bornadog
11-10-2016, 11:21 AM
Who will take on the captaincy in Woods absence :-O
;-)

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Robert+Murphy+Western+Bulldogs+Training+Session+PY9b4WZNdMPl .jpg

EasternWest
11-10-2016, 01:23 PM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Robert+Murphy+Western+Bulldogs+Training+Session+PY9b4WZNdMPl .jpg

Who is that guy? Look how skinny he is. He'll never make it.