PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog Shop - Opportunity Lost?

bornadog
17-10-2016, 10:10 AM
The Bulldog Shop run by Infinite Retail, is losing opportunities to sell more Premiership items, with many items out of stock. I sent through an email yesterday asking when the shop will be restocked and this is the answer I got:

Unfortunately with the Premiers items we don't have a restock date.

This is really poor management by this retail group and I believe a lost opportunity as you have to strike while the iron is hot.

I was slow in ordering items online, and now it looks like I may miss out on some. I can't see why they can't keep taking orders and then filling them in due course.

Anyone else missed on anything?

GVGjr
17-10-2016, 10:16 AM
I ordered a polo shirt and later on I was advised they didn't have the colour I wanted.

KT31
17-10-2016, 10:18 AM
I ordered a polo shirt and later on I was advised they didn't have the colour I wanted.

I ordered the BLK dark blue one last week and was told it would be in this week, going to ring today to double check now.

ledge
17-10-2016, 10:23 AM
I think the problem is compounded by BLK no longer being our clothing sponsor and asic coming in . I would say it's a matter of What date one takes over and the other finishes..
We have obviously sold out of BLK and it would be unfair to ASIC who are our new sponsors not to have their emblem etc on the gear when they have paid to have it on while another company who doesn't sponsor the club anymore does .

MrMahatma
17-10-2016, 11:11 AM
Surely they can back order stuff so people don't miss out. There'll be a lot of those items on Christmas wish lists so they need to strike while the iron's hot.

bulldogsthru&thru
17-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Surely they would re-stock the Premiers gear. Would be an absolute balls-up if they didn't. I mean i'm a tight-arse when it comes to spending money yet i've let fly with this as it's been so long. Several items i wanted weren't available. Luckily the BLK navy polo was as i wanted that one the most along with a t-shirt.

Note there are other websites around selling the same gear so check them out if you have to.

Twodogs
17-10-2016, 11:43 AM
It's fairly poor.

Personally I think unless you are running your own shop you deserve to miss out. I understand that it's not accepted business practice to tie all your resources up into something as risky as a retail venture and it's supposed to be better to get another organisation to take that risk for you. But from my point of view that philosophy is a crock of shit and service is as big a part of the retail experience as the sale of goods and obviously we have overlooked that somewhere along the way.

We must get this right. Bugger the economic rationalists because they will happily stand by and watch the club fall apart just so long as we don't interfere with their precious bloody free market. That thought process does nothing for me.

Eastdog
17-10-2016, 12:14 PM
I'm expecting to receive my 2 t shirts I ordered from the online Bulldog shop today but yes very dissapointing reading that OP. They need to do better with this. Clearly there is huge demand from our supporters to buy premiers merchandise but not enough supply which needs to be increased.

Danny the snakeman
17-10-2016, 12:30 PM
The premiers polo could be ordered from BLK.

http://www.blksport.com/pro-teams/western-bulldogs.htm

bornadog
17-10-2016, 12:34 PM

If you go online to the Bulldog shop, the picture shows no logo, however a few sizes are sold out. Plus you get 10% off for being a member.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
17-10-2016, 01:02 PM
I'm still waiting for my Cookie Monster socks from round 20

ledge
17-10-2016, 01:03 PM
I will wait until the new asic one comes out and get that one with premiers written on it becuse no doubt it will. Prefer the new stock to the old.
Might even be a better looking shirt

KT31
17-10-2016, 01:48 PM
If you go online to the Bulldog shop, the picture shows no logo, however a few sizes are sold out. Plus you get 10% off for being a member.

According to staff at he shop last week there is no 10% off for members on Premiership merchandise.

KT31
17-10-2016, 01:50 PM
I will wait until the new asic one comes out and get that one with premiers written on it becuse no doubt it will. Prefer the new stock to the old.
Might even be a better looking shirt

If not you could get a standard and get out the old Hobbytex.:)

Twodogs
17-10-2016, 01:56 PM
If not you could get a standard and get out the old Hobbytex.:)

Wow, hobbytext-I remember that. My mum had an artext set and made me a Goofy tshirt with it when i would have been 5 or 6. Its funny what you can remember. I remember mum's artext set when I was 5 but I have no idea where I put the car keys this morning...

Eastdog
17-10-2016, 02:01 PM
Wow, hobbytext-I remember that. My mum had an artext set and made me a Goofy tshirt with it when i would have been 5 or 6. Its funny what you can remember. I remember mum's artext set when I was 5 but I have no idea where I put the car keys this morning...

Did you find your car keys TD?

Danny the snakeman
17-10-2016, 02:25 PM

The one at the bulldogs shop now is not the blk one its a cheaper polo.

KT31
17-10-2016, 02:27 PM
The one at the bulldogs shop now is not the blk one its a cheaper polo.

Its an absolute shocker.

Danny the snakeman
17-10-2016, 02:29 PM
Its an absolute shocker.

Agree

KT31
17-10-2016, 02:33 PM
Just spoke to the shop, the dark blue BLK shirt is available to order over the phone but not online.
Confirmed no 10% for Premiership items.

bulldogsthru&thru
17-10-2016, 02:40 PM
FYI the online shop now has the Victory Pack DVD. Although it's sellin $10 more than RRP

bulldogsthru&thru
17-10-2016, 02:41 PM
Its an absolute shocker.

Talking about the navy blue one? What's wrong with it?

G-Mo77
17-10-2016, 02:42 PM
FYI the online shop now has the Victory Pack DVD. Although it's sellin $10 more than RRP

I saw that as well. I'll wait on that and buy it eventually.

Eastdog
17-10-2016, 02:44 PM

That would probably be the wiser decision. Not always the best to buy something straight away unless it sell outs and stock won't be coming in for a while again.

bulldogsthru&thru
17-10-2016, 02:50 PM

I jumped the gun and preorderd from abc shop a couple weeks back for $95. Looking in JB they are still selling last years Hawks set for $90 so it hasn't exactly dropped too much

Eastdog
17-10-2016, 02:52 PM
I jumped the gun and preorderd from abc shop a couple weeks back for $95. Looking in JB they are still selling last years Hawks set for $90 so it hasn't exactly dropped too much

Would probably need to give it a couple of years until there is a difference in price. Certainly with our premiership success people naturally want to get the items as soon as possible.

G-Mo77
17-10-2016, 02:57 PM

I have digital copies of all those games anyway so I can wait. I'm a patient man. Besides that I want to see if there is anything coming up on Bluray.

Twodogs
17-10-2016, 04:37 PM

Car keys?

Scraggers
17-10-2016, 04:59 PM
Car keys?

ED is concerned

azabob
17-10-2016, 06:24 PM

Oh, Eastie, TD wasn't being literal. He didn't really lose them.

cinder
17-10-2016, 07:25 PM
I feel the same. You can't ring the Bulldogs' Shop anymore, (not an option on the menu), so when you get through to someone from admin they just advise you to send an email to the club which will be redirected to the shop. I did that, took about 3 days to get an email to say it had been passed on, then another 3 days to get an answer, in which only one of the items I enquired about was addressed (asked about 2 specific t-shirts). Replied could she please check on the other item I enquired about which she answered 'which other item?', so I re-forwarded the original email, that was last Thursday and no reply :/

Also, I placed on online order on the Saturday evening of the grand final, the confirmation email had no break down of what I ordered, nor could you log in and see what you had ordered. And so far with all my items filtering though separately, it makes it really hard to keep track when I can't refer back to an itemised order.

Whinge over :/

KT31
17-10-2016, 07:54 PM
Talking about the navy blue one? What's wrong with it?

If you mean the one below, IMO its very plain and not much effort put into it, all they have done is grabbed navy polo shirt and thrown the Premier and Bulldogs emblem on it.

http://shop.westernbulldogs.com.au/western-bulldogs-2016-mens-premiers-polopre-sale-152805.phtml

The BLK one is now back online for those looking.

Eastdog
17-10-2016, 10:18 PM
Oh, Eastie, TD wasn't being literal. He didn't really lose them.

I kind of figured that aza :D

bornadog
17-10-2016, 11:01 PM
If you mean the one below, IMO its very plain and not much effort put into it, all they have done is grabbed navy polo shirt and thrown the Premier and Bulldogs emblem on it.

http://shop.westernbulldogs.com.au/western-bulldogs-2016-mens-premiers-polopre-sale-152805.phtml

The BLK one is now back online for those looking.

I prefer that one, no advertising on it.

Remi Moses
18-10-2016, 03:40 PM
When does Asics take over ?

cinder
18-10-2016, 05:48 PM
Can anyone advise if the shop's open Saturday?

GVGjr
18-10-2016, 05:54 PM
Can anyone advise if the shop's open Saturday?

I'd suggest Yes but I'd call tomorrow to confirm

cinder
18-10-2016, 05:55 PM
I'd suggest Yes but I'd call tomorrow to confirm

Yeah thanks, I'll give that a go. Last time I rang (early last week) you couldn't speak to the shop but I had a membership enquiry so I asked them, they said no, but personally I don't think that's correct.

bornadog
18-10-2016, 06:15 PM
Yeah thanks, I'll give that a go. Last time I rang (early last week) you couldn't speak to the shop but I had a membership enquiry so I asked them, they said no, but personally I don't think that's correct.

I sent them a tweet and they responded with YES OPEN.

cinder
18-10-2016, 06:21 PM
I sent them a tweet and they responded with YES OPEN.

Thank you, you're a champion BAD

BulldogBelle
18-10-2016, 06:34 PM
When does Asics take over ?

Was at shop today. The girl behind counter said they should start having ASICS gear by mid November.

azabob
18-10-2016, 06:36 PM
Was at shop today. The girl behind counter said they should start having ASICS gear by mid November.

Was there much there? Or still empty shelves?

Eastdog
18-10-2016, 06:41 PM

Im guessing maybe not as busy as it was a few weeks ago after our premiership.

BulldogBelle
18-10-2016, 06:48 PM

Not a great deal, very limited size's.
Shop definitely looks on the empty side!

BulldogBelle
18-10-2016, 06:49 PM
Im guessing maybe not as busy as it was a few weeks ago after our premiership.

Still had a couple of people in front of me at the counter. So they are still shifting what merchandise they have.

Eastdog
18-10-2016, 06:50 PM
The Bulldog Shop and Bulldog Museum are two places still for me next time I get to WO to have a look at more properly. Know the general place of the Barkers cafe and the ground quite well now and very easy to get there. Loved sitting up in the Whitten Stand for a bit at the family day a few weeks back taking it all in.

Danny the snakeman
18-10-2016, 08:51 PM
Just spoke to the shop, the dark blue BLK shirt is available to order over the phone but not online.
Confirmed no 10% for Premiership items.

I have made 3 orders of premiership gear inc today and all have been given10% off.

Remi Moses
18-10-2016, 10:01 PM

They've got great jogging runners .
Hope their gear isn't as expensive as BLK , and have more range . Love to get my girls some decent gear

cinder
18-10-2016, 11:19 PM
I have made 3 orders of premiership gear inc today and all have been given10% off.

Was that online? I definitely wasn't given the discount.

bornadog
19-10-2016, 12:04 AM
Was that online? I definitely wasn't given the discount.

If you log in with your Bulldog account, it should automatically reduce everything be 10%

cinder
19-10-2016, 12:07 AM
If you log in with your Bulldog account, it should automatically reduce everything be 10%

I didn't have an account (for the online shop anyway) so I created one. Nowhere to enter a member number that I could see but will have another look tomorrow. Ta.

bornadog
19-10-2016, 12:09 AM
I didn't have an account (for the online shop anyway) so I created one. Nowhere to enter a member number that I could see but will have another look tomorrow. Ta.

You can log in with your membership account.

cinder
19-10-2016, 10:42 AM
You can log in with your membership account.

Oh :S 10% would've been handy on the purchases I made too!

Twodogs
19-10-2016, 11:47 AM
Oh :S 10% would've been handy on the purchases I made too!

Maybe you can cancel the order and then reorder?

cinder
19-10-2016, 12:19 PM
Maybe you can cancel the order and then reorder?

It was made GF night so I've already received some of it. Thanks anyway though.

LostDoggy
19-10-2016, 12:27 PM

Looks good - have you noticed the scores on the polo when you zoom in? WB 24.9.153 def Sydney 8.7 55 :D

Twodogs
19-10-2016, 12:40 PM
Looks good - have you noticed the scores on the polo when you zoom in? WB 24.9.153 def Sydney 8.7 55 :D

I was pretty happy with the scores anyway. :cool:

Jam Donuts
19-10-2016, 04:12 PM
I was pretty happy with the scores anyway. :cool:

Next years GF scores?

Twodogs
19-10-2016, 07:14 PM
Next years GF scores?

Oh I hope so. I'd like a big kick-ass win in a grand final. We could all kick back and enjoy it without riding every kick and feeling every bump.

cinder
22-10-2016, 03:15 PM
By the way at the Bulldogs Shop today I was told the membership discount didn't apply to premiership related items :(

Danny the snakeman
22-10-2016, 03:32 PM
By the way at the Bulldogs Shop today I was told the membership discount didn't apply to premiership related items :(

As mentioned above it certainly did online.

Eastdog
22-10-2016, 04:43 PM
Im now checking out if I'm able to get the 2016 WB Team print but it looks like the Bulldog Shop online says they aren't it stock currently.

Twodogs
22-10-2016, 11:12 PM
Looked in the shop today. I want a premiership jumper very badly. I'm not interested in waiting patiently until Christmas. I WANT ONE NOW.

Eastdog
23-10-2016, 12:45 AM
Looked in the shop today. I want a premiership jumper very badly. I'm not interested in waiting patiently until Christmas. I WANT ONE NOW.

Might need to look elsewhere other than the Bulldog shop TD if you want it desperately now.

Remi Moses
23-10-2016, 12:52 AM
Mate tonight said the club should set up a tatto section .
They'd make a mint

Eastdog
23-10-2016, 12:59 AM
They'd make a mint

Yes that could have lots of potential :D

Twodogs
23-10-2016, 01:31 AM
The club shop ha plenty but I haven't got enough money to buy one because I stupidly forgot to add "footy jumper" to the household budget this week. I've been thinking for a while that 3 meals a day is a bit extravagant.

Danny the snakeman
23-10-2016, 04:16 AM
They'd make a mint

I'm booked in for mine on wed.

Danny the snakeman
23-10-2016, 04:21 AM

The AFL shop in perth had the premiership jumper with the team and score on it tho I only saw small size so I suspect could be ordered or picked from melb store no worries. Or were you referring to reining premiership jumpers we will be wearing next season with the gold AFL emblem.

Topdog
23-10-2016, 08:31 AM
I'll wait for the new sponsor

ledge
23-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Wish I could figure out how to put pics in here , I had my tattoo done last Wednesday

Topdog
23-10-2016, 10:19 AM
Wish I could figure out how to put pics in here , I had my tattoo done last Wednesday

Take photo with phone, upload onto Imgur, put link in here

ledge
23-10-2016, 10:48 AM
Take photo with phone, upload onto Imgur, put link in here

I only have phone . No computer and when I try it says to big

hujsh
23-10-2016, 11:45 AM

You're trying to upload it directly to WOOF. It won't let you do that for anything of half decent quality.

If you go to imgur as Topdog suggested (I use photobucket but any uploading site should do) you can upload the photo there, get a link to your photo on that site and use the 'insert image' option here to show it (choose 'from URL' paste the URL you got from the uploading site and untick the box there)

KT31
24-10-2016, 03:05 PM

C'mon Ledge, work it out I want to see it.

Topdog
24-10-2016, 04:53 PM

Can all be done with just a phone. I rarely touch a PC these days (except for right now)

bornadog
24-10-2016, 05:02 PM
Can all be done with just a phone. I rarely touch a PC these days (except for right now)

http://res.cloudinary.com/dk-find-out/image/upload/q_80,h_700/T_REX_profile_tg6qxo.jpg

:D:D:D

Topdog
24-10-2016, 06:25 PM
Lol.

Ok so being useful again. Step by step guide.
1. Go to Imgur upload section -> http://m.imgur.com/upload
2. Click upload from device and select appropriate picture
3. Click upload
4. New Page loads. There is a small drop down list, default is link, Click it and select direct link.
5. Copy the link on the right, should end in .jpg
6. Come back to woof and paste it in.

E.g.
http://i.imgur.com/SLpdFml.jpg

Or you can be fancy and click the image button on woof, select url and paste it in, e.g.

Or finally you can use the tag put the url in here and then close it with

http://i.imgur.com/SLpdFml.jpg

LostDoggy
25-10-2016, 12:37 AM

Don't worry Ledge your not alone.

Remi Moses
25-10-2016, 03:27 AM
I'm booked in for mine on wed.

Said I'd do it if the miracle happened .
Where did you book Danny?
Is there any decent ones in the inner west ?

GVGjr
25-10-2016, 08:58 AM
The threads off track, please use private messages if you want to ask questions not related to the thread.

1eyedog
25-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Said I'd do it if the miracle happened .
Where did you book Danny?
Is there any decent ones in the inner west ?

Danny's in WA so be prepared to travel.

cinder
25-10-2016, 12:44 PM
As mentioned above it certainly did online.

Tried to place an order online to get the 10% off, have been advised that this has now been removed and even on non-premiership items :(

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
25-10-2016, 01:06 PM
Was at the Bulldog Shop yet again yesterday and they said they are'nt getting any more of the Mark Knight t shirts they are going to have a new range coming in at some point and the 2017 members scarf won't be like the premiership scarf. Still no news on the Cookie Monster socks

Danny the snakeman
25-10-2016, 01:10 PM
Tried to place an order online to get the 10% off, have been advised that this has now been removed and even on non-premiership items :(

Yes I noticed this on weekend. No 10% discount on anything is a disgrace considering its part of your membership.

cinder
25-10-2016, 02:02 PM
Yes I noticed this on weekend. No 10% discount on anything is a disgrace considering its part of your membership.

Yeah pretty disappointing.

Axe Man
25-10-2016, 02:08 PM

The 2017 membership renewal packs say "10% member discount on select merchandise at the Bulldogs Shop". Must be extremely select by the sounds of things - probably limited to left over Adam Cooney t-shirts!

Really poor to have misleading/vague info in the membership renewals. Either provide a 10% discount across the board or remove all mention of it.

soupman
25-10-2016, 02:59 PM
The 2017 membership renewal packs say "10% member discount on select merchandise at the Bulldogs Shop". Must be extremely select by the sounds of things - probably limited to left over Adam Cooney t-shirts!

Really poor to have misleading/vague info in the membership renewals. Either provide a 10% discount across the board or remove all mention of it.

Yeah I think it's a pretty dishonest and dodgy way of doing things, especially considering they have just sold more merch in the last 2 months than probably in the last 5 years. Bit of a dick move really.

Danny the snakeman
25-10-2016, 03:26 PM
Yeah I think it's a pretty dishonest and dodgy way of doing things, .

Considering a lot of things can be bought cheaper elsewhere (eg stubby holders $3 cheaper at afl shop instore) and without having to pay for postage.

Remi Moses
26-10-2016, 03:29 AM
Danny's in WA so be prepared to travel.

Bit of a journey :D

Murphy'sLore
26-10-2016, 03:50 PM
That's a shame. Cynical. It's such a small thing. Why would you want to leverage off people's joy?

... Yeah, don't answer that. Money.

bornadog
26-10-2016, 04:41 PM
That's a shame. Cynical. It's such a small thing. Why would you want to leverage off people's joy?

... Yeah, don't answer that. Money.

Yes it is all about money, but what I hate is when you pay your membership under certain terms, and then it is devalued. Yeah, I know it says 10% on selected items in the fine print, but what I understood is it was allways 10%., it has been in the past.
After the GF, I checked out some memorabilia and it was all 10% off (online). Now they have removed the discount.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-10-2016, 05:09 PM
They are making an absolute mint out of this. I mean they have released a blu-ray of the GF and a 27-disc feature of every one of our 2016 games. I could be wrong, but the 27-disc feature has never happened before and a blu-ray was last released when collingwood won such was the demand. They wouldn't be releasing this things if they didn't think there was a big enough market for it. Doggies fans a splurging as this is a rare occurrence and they are taking full advantage of it.

Twodogs
26-10-2016, 06:14 PM
They are making an absolute mint out of this. I mean they have released a blu-ray of the GF and a 27-disc feature of every one of our 2016 games. I could be wrong, but the 27-disc feature has never happened before and a blu-ray was last released when collingwood won such was the demand. They wouldn't be releasing this things if they didn't think there was a big enough market for it. Doggies fans a splurging as this is a rare occurrence and they are taking full advantage of it.

And eventually all us tightarses can buy it at JB Hifi in six months time for $39.95.

LostDoggy
26-10-2016, 09:14 PM
And eventually all us tightarses can buy it at JB Hifi in six months time for $39.95.

Or Dixons Recycled Records in 12 months for $15

GVGjr
26-10-2016, 10:31 PM
I got my polo shirt delivered today. I'll wear it to work on Monday

Remi Moses
27-10-2016, 01:22 AM
Got the mark knight tee .
If we get a decent day in Melb , I'll wear it .

bornadog
27-10-2016, 12:31 PM
I got my polo shirt delivered today. I'll wear it to work on Monday

What are the sizings like,are they true to normal wear. eg a size L is same as normal L?

GVGjr
27-10-2016, 12:34 PM
What are the sizings like,are they true to normal wear. eg a size L is same as normal L?

Looks right to me.

bulldogsthru&thru
27-10-2016, 12:42 PM

The premiership t-shirt i got was larger than normal. I got a small (luckily as i was tossing up whether to get medium as i'm normally somewhere in between) and it was almost too big on me.

bornadog
27-10-2016, 01:13 PM
The premiership t-shirt i got was larger than normal. I got a small (luckily as i was tossing up whether to get medium as i'm normally somewhere in between) and it was almost too big on me.

That is what I was worried about.

bulldogsthru&thru
27-10-2016, 01:51 PM
That is what I was worried about.

I've gone with a small polo as well. Still awaiting delivery.

bornadog
27-10-2016, 01:58 PM
I've gone with a small polo as well. Still awaiting delivery.

Lots out of stock

cinder
27-10-2016, 02:37 PM
I'm going to the shop after work, let me know if there's anything anyone wants checked.

aker39
27-10-2016, 02:55 PM
I'm going to the shop after work, let me know if there's anything anyone wants checked.

Can you please confirm that if a social club member does not change their preference, they'll actually receive 2 scarves.

cinder
27-10-2016, 03:16 PM
Can you please confirm that if a social club member does not change their preference, they'll actually receive 2 scarves.

I meant stuff at the shop, but if the front desk is open when I get there, I'll see if they know.

Twodogs
27-10-2016, 03:20 PM

American sizes.

bornadog
27-10-2016, 04:21 PM
American sizes.

Last year I bought a V neck blue jumper with a small logo on the left top side and it was size L. I also bought a long sleeve polo, but that was size m. Its very confusing.

I may have to go down there and try a Polo on. (if they have them in my size, whatever that may be.:D )

Twodogs
27-10-2016, 10:31 PM
Last year I bought a V neck blue jumper with a small logo on the left top side and it was size L. I also bought a long sleeve polo, but that was size m. Its very confusing.

I may have to go down there and try a Polo on. (if they have them in my size, whatever that may be.:D )

Shoes are worse with American and European and now Asian sizes. You have to try them on.

KT31
28-10-2016, 12:25 PM

My polo arrived yesterday and the sizing is perfect.
I'm a bit larger than the large you would require but would say if you are regularly a large, a large would be perfect for BAD.

cinder
28-10-2016, 01:20 PM
I meant stuff at the shop, but if the front desk is open when I get there, I'll see if they know.

Yes they will receive 2 scarves unless the preference is changed ...

Axe Man
28-10-2016, 03:38 PM
Yes they will receive 2 scarves unless the preference is changed ...

How do you change your preference? I don't wear scarves so I certainly don't want 2!

bornadog
28-10-2016, 03:41 PM
How do you change your preference? I don't wear scarves so I certainly don't want 2!

Did you get an email confirming your membership for the future? If so, there was an option to select different components as part of your package, plus you could add extra items, or donate the lot back.

Axe Man
28-10-2016, 04:07 PM
Did you get an email confirming your membership for the future? If so, there was an option to select different components as part of your package, plus you could add extra items, or donate the lot back.

That was it, thank you!

I crazily thought you could deal with membership based issues by logging into your my bulldogs account. :rolleyes:

cinder
28-10-2016, 04:31 PM
That was it, thank you!

I crazily thought you could deal with membership based issues by logging into your my bulldogs account. :rolleyes:

Far too logical ;)

Danny the snakeman
01-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Got my blk polo today they are big might need to put mine in the dryer.

Twodogs
01-11-2016, 03:20 PM
It's because we are a big club now. It's incumbent on all us supporters to gain 5 kgs to catch up with the typical Essendon and Richmond supporters.

Catching up to Collingwood supporters requires a dental procedure.

KT31
01-11-2016, 09:24 PM
It's because we are a big club now. It's incumbent on all us supporters to gain 5 kgs to catch up with the typical Essendon and Richmond supporters.

Catching up to Collingwood supporters requires a dental procedure.

%$#@ only 5 kgs, I may have gone a bit overboard.:)

Twodogs
01-11-2016, 11:47 PM
%$#@ only 5 kgs, I may have gone a bit overboard.:)

That's OK. You can go into our special Super supporter category. It's sort of like the pass it on scheme where you get to put on someone else's weight and pass it on. That way they don't have to gain any weight themselves but can still enjoy all the benefits of gaining five kilos.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Only had the choice of a beanie or cap - not that happy.

Love the scarves yearly.

G-Mo77
03-11-2016, 06:42 PM

Love the scarves yearly.

No scarves at all?

bulldogtragic
03-11-2016, 06:52 PM
No scarves at all?

SC gets the scarf automatically. Then a choice between cap or beanie.

Axe Man
03-11-2016, 07:01 PM

Love the scarves yearly.

If you are a social club member you still get a scarf. I don't think there have been scarves included in regular memberships for a number of years anyway?

Twodogs
03-11-2016, 07:22 PM
If you are a social club member you still get a scarf. I don't think there have been scarves included in regular memberships for a number of years anyway?

I'm not a SC member but I got a scarf. So did my dad and my son I think. We all have member's scarves from somewhere anyway...

G-Mo77
03-11-2016, 08:07 PM
Ahh, thanks guys. I'm a Social Club member so I'll get a scarf by the looks of it.

Danny the snakeman
03-11-2016, 08:34 PM
I don't think there have been scarves included in regular memberships for a number of years anyway?

Last year they did scarves instead of caps that they have been doing for a few years, this year you get a choice of cap, scarf or beanie(while stock lasts) when you sign up/renew.

Axe Man
03-11-2016, 10:28 PM
I'm not a SC member but I got a scarf. So did my dad and my son I think. We all have member's scarves from somewhere anyway...

Last year they did scarves instead of caps that they have been doing for a few years, this year you get a choice of cap, scarf or beanie(while stock lasts) when you sign up/renew.

Sorry didn't realise it had changed this year. It had been cap for all members, scarves for social club members for several years previously. I was annoyed I didn't get a cap this year and then when I went to buy one from the Bulldogs shop the one I wanted was sold out.

Twodogs
03-11-2016, 11:45 PM
Sorry didn't realise it had changed this year. It had been cap for all members, scarves for social club members for several years previously. I was annoyed I didn't get a cap this year and then when I went to buy one from the Bulldogs shop the one I wanted was sold out.

I didn't mind the scarf this year. I liked the design and as soon as I had unpicked and thrown away the Geelong Travel badge that it came sewn with sewn on then it was fine.

Danny the snakeman
04-11-2016, 02:19 AM
I didn't mind the scarf this year. .

Yes much better than the really long ones they used to give us years ago.

KT31
04-11-2016, 10:57 AM
I didn't mind the scarf this year. I liked the design and as soon as I had unpicked and thrown away the Geelong Travel badge that it came sewn with sewn on then it was fine.

It liked the scarfs this season, and even more when I travelled down to the Hawks game and I forgot to take my old Nan's knitted scarf and grabbed one of the new ones off my Pup.
We won so I thought our curse could have been related to the scarf my Nan gave me all of those years ago, so to be safe and sure I wore the new one to the Grandfinal and only hung Nans scarf out of the window while driving around.
Curse broken.:D

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
04-11-2016, 11:00 AM
I had one from Forges in the 80's which I didn't wear for that reason. Curse broken

Axe Man
04-11-2016, 11:22 AM
The grand final was the first game I have EVER worn a scarf to the footy (or at all for that matter - I hate things around my neck). So I am taking the credit for the win. ;)

bulldogtragic
04-11-2016, 11:25 AM
The grand final was the first game I have EVER worn a scarf to the footy (or at all for that matter - I hate things around my neck). So I am taking the credit for the win. ;)

Thank you Axe Man, thank you. :D

Twodogs
04-11-2016, 11:48 AM

Good one Axe Man. Best day of my life!

The Pie Man
04-11-2016, 12:14 PM

I liked 2015's version with the embroidered logo better - the material used on this year's one was a bit rough on the neck to begin with too (precious I know)

It did look good worn en masse a month ago at the G though - some guy asked me if I'd sell mine to him at Riverland after the game, there was no way I could sell something I just wore to a victorious GF.

KT31
04-11-2016, 02:03 PM

To get the thread back n track and not annoy the Mods, I'll put it down as a combination of scarves and lets just say "all the scarves aligned on the day for us then.";)

Twodogs
04-11-2016, 08:22 PM
I liked 2015's version with the embroidered logo better - the material used on this year's one was a bit rough on the neck to begin with too (precious I know)

It did look good worn en masse a month ago at the G though - some guy asked me if I'd sell mine to him at Riverland after the game, there was no way I could sell something I just wore to a victorious GF.

I liked how rough it was. It wrapped around better. And I put a Velcro tag on mine at the start of the season and I still can't get it off. It even went for a long ride outside my car window before I remembered it was there and it's still stuck as firmly as ever. That's one thing this year's scarf didn't survive very well-it was no good for flying out of car windows, it got all ripped up.

G-Mo77
04-11-2016, 08:49 PM

You know what? It was my first time as well. I usually wear a navy blue Hoodie and if it's warm my members polo but I wasn't sure if I'd take my hoodie off so wanted to show some more colour so took the scarf. It'll be retired with the polo and kept in a very safe place.

Danny the snakeman
09-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Anyone who missed the BLK premiership polos from the club they are available here, bro picked his up from woolworths yesterday.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Western-Bulldogs-2016-Premiers-Polo-Shirt-Select-Size-S-3XL-BNWT-PRESALE/252563821189?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D39 923%26meid%3D2f3cfe5f07ae41be9f7db7aacecf15a8%26pid%3D100033 %26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D252563821189

Pickenitup
17-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Is anyone else having trouble getting member discounts on dogs site?

bornadog
17-11-2016, 05:21 PM
Is anyone else having trouble getting member discounts on dogs site?

We spoke about that in another thread and looks like they have removed the discounts.