PDA

View Full Version : Events Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Eastdog
23-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Cheers Ringer.

A lot of matches coming up.

I'm guessing the WB family day at Whitten Oval will be held sometime in late February or even in the early parts of March close to my birthday.

Eastdog
17-02-2018, 12:47 PM
http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events/family-day

WESTERN BULLDOGS FAMILY DAY

Western Bulldogs fans are invited to come down to VU Whitten Oval on the 24th of February to enjoy an action packed day full of entertainment at the 2018 Family Day bought to you by Mission Foods.

Make sure you come down to watch the AFL men’s team train ahead of the JLT series and 2018 season.
You will hear from players and the coach of both the AFL men’s team and the 2018 AFLW team in interviews on stage as well as be able to get player autographs available at our largest ever signing session featuring both the AFL and AFLW teams signing.

The entire 2018 playing group will be in attendance and a range of fun activities will be on offer.

Entry is by gold coin donation and will give you access to all of the below which will help keep the family entertained for the day:
-Football Drills to test your skills on
-A petting zoo
-Interviews with the coach and captain to hear how they are heading into the 2018 season
-Appearances from The Pack mascots
-Plenty of giveaways from a number of sponsors including Mission chips
-Photo booths for you to get your happy snap in
-Barkers Café will be open with plenty of food options on offer
-Face Painting
-A Western Bulldogs AFL and AFLW Signing Session

Acclaimed sports writer Martin Flanagan will also be in attendance signing his brand new book “A Wink from the Universe” which is an inside look into the minds of Luke Beveridge and Bob Murphy in the historic year of 2016 where the Western Bulldogs ended their premiership drought after 62 years.

The membership team will also be here with The Bulldogs shop open from 9am to get all your 2018 Bulldogs merchandise.

Date: Saturday 24th February 2018
Time: 9am – 1pm
Entry by gold coin donation
For more information e-mail events@westernbulldogs.com.au

Please note: The club recommends all guests take public transport to the event as parking is extremely limited.

Eastdog
17-02-2018, 07:30 PM
Early forecast for next Saturday's family day

27 degrees
A few showers
70% chance of rain, 0-5mm

cinder
21-02-2018, 08:55 AM
Early forecast for next Saturday's family day

27 degrees
A few showers
70% chance of rain, 0-5mm

Great lol. I’ll be there, volunteering as well as attending with my family.

Twodogs
21-02-2018, 09:02 AM

Great to see you are back Cinder.

cinder
21-02-2018, 06:20 PM
Great to see you are back Cinder.

Thanks TD.

Eastdog
21-02-2018, 08:06 PM

Good on you cinder.

Eastdog
23-02-2018, 10:18 PM
http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/venues/victoria-university-whitten-oval

For the AFLW, Family Day and VFL games

How To Get To Victoria University Whitten Oval

Train: Whitten Oval is a short stroll from West Footscray station - on the Sydneham/Watergardens line.

Tram: By tram from the city, catch the #57 West Maribyrnong service. The #57 links at Maribyrnong Road with the #82, which passes within a block of the ground.

Bus: Routes: 409; Yarraville – Footscray, 410; Sunshine – Footscray, 411; Laverton Railway Station - Altona Meadows – Altona – Footscray (via Millers Road), 412; Altona Meadows – Altona – Footscray (via Mills Street), 414; Laverton South – Laverton - Footscray.

Eastdog
25-02-2018, 11:51 PM
Got some more autographs yesterday at the family day on some of my older WB member caps as my footy has quite a few on it.

bornadog
28-02-2018, 04:04 PM
Any one attend the Inside the Kennel event last night for AFLW foundation members?

I was invited but didn't end up going.

BulldogBelle
01-03-2018, 02:12 PM
Any one attend the Inside the Kennel event last night for AFLW foundation members?

I was invited but didn't end up going.

I am a AFLW founding member. Was never invited. Didn't even know of the event. I'll have to contact the membership department to see what's going on. Or what's not going on.

edit
I called the membership dept. They said that the invitees were Ambassador Members rather than foundation members.

bornadog
01-03-2018, 03:00 PM
I am a AFLW founding member. Was never invited. Didn't even know of the event. I'll have to contact the membership department to see what's going on. Or what's not going on.

edit
I called the membership dept. They said that the invitees were Ambassador Members rather than foundation members.

I just checked the email and it does say Ambassador Member, then I checked my membership and it is a foundation membership which is what I thought I was.

I will need to check with membership.

PS: One of the reasons I didn't go was I wasn't sure if I had sent through the RSVP. I rang the events department in the morning of the function and it went to Voicemail, and requesting I leave a message for them to call me. I am still waiting for the call. Pretty piss poor that no one called me back.

I decided to not just show up in case it was booked out.

bornadog
01-03-2018, 03:09 PM

edit

I called membership to check and they said Ambassador and Foundation are treated the same. Because I had joined last year and continuing the membership, I was invited.

Are you a member this year?

BulldogBelle
01-03-2018, 04:46 PM
I called membership to check and they said Ambassador and Foundation are treated the same. Because I had joined last year and continuing the membership, I was invited.

Are you a member this year?

I am a member this year of AFLW, as I was last year. It doesn't say anywhere on my members ticket that I am a AFLW Foundation member.

bornadog
01-03-2018, 04:52 PM
I am a member this year of AFLW, as I was last year. It doesn't say anywhere on my members ticket that I am a AFLW Foundation member.

OK that is the difference. I think there were X amount of Foundation memberships made available last year.

BulldogBelle
01-03-2018, 06:47 PM
OK that is the difference. I think there were X amount of Foundation memberships made available last year.

Ok thanks. That is a bit disheartening. I thought that I bought a membership ticket really early back at the start there and I donated extra too. Oh well, never mind.

Eastdog
01-03-2018, 06:58 PM
Got some more autographs yesterday at the family day on some of my older WB member caps as my footy has quite a few on it.

From the Doggies family day at Whitten Oval last Saturday.

Got some autographs on my older WB member caps from 2014 and 2015.

https://s18.postimg.org/r3lp4cyk5/IMG_1644.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/r3lp4cyk5/)

https://s18.postimg.org/4rnwb09qt/IMG_1645.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/4rnwb09qt/)

bornadog
01-03-2018, 08:49 PM
Ok thanks. That is a bit disheartening. I thought that I bought a membership ticket really early back at the start there and I donated extra too. Oh well, never mind.

Maybe check with membership.

bornadog
12-03-2018, 05:48 PM
Season Launch and Hall of Fame

Time: 6.30pm
Date: Tuesday 13th March 2018
Venue: Plenary, Melbourne Convention Exhibition Centre
Dress: Neat Casual (no denim)

Event Sold Out.

This year the club has decided to change it up for the season launch. I will be there as usual. Anyone else going?

Eastdog
12-03-2018, 08:52 PM
Not going but will be keen on the reports for those that do go.

Twodogs
13-03-2018, 02:24 AM
Season Launch and Hall of Fame

Time: 6.30pm
Date: Tuesday 13th March 2018
Venue: Plenary, Melbourne Convention Exhibition Centre
Dress: Neat Casual (no denim)

Event Sold Out.

This year the club has decided to change it up for the season launch. I will be there as usual. Anyone else going?

I was offered a ticket but I had something else on.

Eastdog
13-03-2018, 10:59 PM
How's the Season Launch going for woofers that went along?

bornadog
14-03-2018, 10:44 AM
How's the Season Launch going for woofers that went along?

I enjoyed the night mingling with current players and past players It was great to see Gary Dempsey, Brian Royal, Terry Wheeler to name a few. I personally didn't like the venue and prefer a table and a meal at the Crown. This year the event was at the Conference Centre and started off with drinks and finger food in a large area which to me was too large as every one was spread out the entire length of the venue.

We then went into the auditorium, bit like a lecture theatre at Uni, and the players were presented with their jumpers. Sam Lane was the MC for the night and did a fantastic job. We heard speech's from Ameet Bains, Bevo and briefly from Bob. Bob came on later to introduce the Hall of Fame segment.

We then went out again and had more food and drinks before going back to the auditorium for the Hall of Fame presentations.

Overall, everyone was very positive about the season ahead and there was plenty of opportunities to talk to players if you wanted to.

David Smorgon was inducted into the Hall of Fame, and Peter Gordon with Alan Johnstone presenting his award. David said in his speech no individual person is responsible for keeping the club afoalt in those bad years, he said everyone has played a part.

Peter finished the night with a short speech and had a go at the media and social forums. He stressed that it is in the media's DNA to write us off, but it is up to the supporters to not create an atmosphere of negativity and to support the club and be positive. He also mentioned that no individual is bigger than the club.

chef
14-03-2018, 04:10 PM
Did Susan Alberti attend?

bornadog
14-03-2018, 04:18 PM
Did Susan Alberti attend?

I didn't see her.

Max469
14-03-2018, 06:13 PM
I didn't see her.

I had a good look around and I didn't see her either.

Twodogs
14-03-2018, 06:40 PM
I enjoyed the night mingling with current players and past players It was great to see Gary Dempsey, Brian Royal, Terry Wheeler to name a few. I personally didn't like the venue and prefer a table and a meal at the Crown. This year the event was at the Conference Centre and started off with drinks and finger food in a large area which to me was too large as every one was spread out the entire length of the venue.

We then went into the auditorium, bit like a lecture theatre at Uni, and the players were presented with their jumpers. Sam Lane was the MC for the night and did a fantastic job. We heard speech's from Ameet Bains, Bevo and briefly from Bob. Bob came on later to introduce the Hall of Fame segment.

We then went out again and had more food and drinks before going back to the auditorium for the Hall of Fame presentations.

Overall, everyone was very positive about the season ahead and there was plenty of opportunities to talk to players if you wanted to.

David Smorgon was inducted into the Hall of Fame, and Peter Gordon with Alan Johnstone presenting his award. David said in his speech no individual person is responsible for keeping the club afoalt in those bad years, he said everyone has played a part.

Peter finished the night with a short speech and had a go at the media and social forums. He stressed that it is in the media's DNA to write us off, but it is up to the supporters to not create an atmosphere of negativity and to support the club and be positive. He also mentioned that no individual is bigger than the club.

Me-yow!

bornadog
14-03-2018, 10:35 PM
Forgt to mention Easton Wood was awarded life membership of the club.

bornadog
14-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Luke Beveridge always great to listen to - full speech here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2018-03-14/this-is-a-new-journey-a-new-year)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYOnpYxX4AM0Hqs.jpg

Eastdog
16-03-2018, 08:33 PM
Liked that speech from Bevo.

Eastdog
16-03-2018, 08:34 PM
I had a good look around and I didn't see her either.

I really hope someday that Peter and Susan come together resolve the issues. Susan is such an important person to our club.

Eastdog
17-03-2018, 07:42 PM
Watched the speeches from the Season Launch from the Hall and famers.

Great stuff!

bornadog
30-05-2018, 06:10 PM
A look Inside The Kennel (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-05-30/a-look-inside-the-kennel)

Tickets are now available for the Western Bulldogs second Inside the Kennel event for 2018, on Tuesday 19th June at The Yarraville Club.

With a line-up of Bulldogs fan favourites and rising stars locked in for the night, fans can expect to gain an inside look to the Club through the eyes of Western Bulldogs players and coaching staff.

Fans will hear from a panel including Western Bulldogs captain Easton Wood, alongside players Jack Redpath, Mitch Wallis, Bailey Williams, Pat Lipinski and Bailey Dale.

Former Western Bulldogs player and current assistant coach Daniel Giansiracusa will also join the panel, alongside development coach Jamie Maddocks to provide exclusive insight into the growth of the Club’s young list.

Tickets start from $50 and include a two-course meal at The Yarraville Club.

For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit westernbulldogs.com.au/events

Date: Tuesday 19th June 2018
Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm

Price:
Western Bulldogs Social Club Member $50 p/p
Western Bulldogs Member $60 p/p
Non-Member $70 p/p
Child $35 p/p

Twodogs
30-05-2018, 09:30 PM
A look Inside The Kennel (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-05-30/a-look-inside-the-kennel)

Tickets are now available for the Western Bulldogs second Inside the Kennel event for 2018, on Tuesday 19th June at The Yarraville Club.

With a line-up of Bulldogs fan favourites and rising stars locked in for the night, fans can expect to gain an inside look to the Club through the eyes of Western Bulldogs players and coaching staff.

Fans will hear from a panel including Western Bulldogs captain Easton Wood, alongside players Jack Redpath, Mitch Wallis, Bailey Williams, Pat Lipinski and Bailey Dale.

Former Western Bulldogs player and current assistant coach Daniel Giansiracusa will also join the panel, alongside development coach Jamie Maddocks to provide exclusive insight into the growth of the Club’s young list.

Tickets start from $50 and include a two-course meal at The Yarraville Club.

For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit westernbulldogs.com.au/events

Date: Tuesday 19th June 2018
Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm

Price:
Western Bulldogs Social Club Member $50 p/p
Western Bulldogs Member $60 p/p
Non-Member $70 p/p
Child $35 p/p

That's outstanding value. A fiddy for food and football.

GVGjr
05-06-2018, 11:35 PM
Went to the players sponsors night at Crown, good night but not as good as previous ones I have attended. It needs just a bit of a spark. I won't bang on about the night too much and will just give you all some of the headlines.

Nick Truelson did the introduction. Player Sponsorship levels way up. When Nick joined the club we had about 150 now it's closer to 450. I think it generates about 700K in revenue. 21 new player sponsors this year. They all got a special mention.
He talked about some of the projects and initiatives the club is working on including the sons and daughters of the west programmes.
Some exciting things happening regarding the development of the Whitten Oval facility.

There were two panels of players that are interviewed, Morris, Gowers and Lipinski were first up and they talked really well. Morris is an inspiration, Gowers came across as a very genuine guy and a bit of character and Lipinski is settling into life as a footballer.

Suckling, Hunter and Dunkley were up later and they talked about golf and some of their leisure activities, Suckling is right into Photography and fashion and is doing a course on taking photo's, Hunter is doing carpentry along with about 6 or 7 other players and Dunkley is doing a business management course.

Most of the players are heading off for a few days in a warmer climate, some are off to Byron Bay and Brisbane and one or two other locations.

Presentations to the sponsors who have been there for 5, 10, 15, 20 and even 25 years. Think about it, some people have been part of the player sponsors group for 25 years. Unreal.

Got to meet a few of the players, Biggs was by far the most friendly and in what is a very friendly playing list. Rookies like Nathan Mullenger-McHugh mixed so well with the people on his table and then the experienced hands like Dale Morris treats everyone like they're his best mates.

Very impressed by the quality of the players representing our club they all have terrific social skills.

There you go a short and sharp summary.

bornadog
05-06-2018, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the update, sounds like a good night. You must be up there past 10 years at least

GVGjr
05-06-2018, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the update, sounds like a good night. You must be up there past 10 years at least

12th year I think. I might dig a bit deeper and look at sponsoring someone from our AFLW side as well next year

Eastdog
05-06-2018, 11:58 PM
Great summary GVGjr.

Grantysghost
06-06-2018, 09:50 AM
Very good summary. Was a great night, although I did stand on the Bonts foot at one point so if he's injured I'm leaving the country.
Kudos to the players they were fantastic, Billy Gowers is a great guy to talk to if you ever get a chance, very funny guy. Good to see Picken looking healthy and happy, we spoke about the neurological tests he's been through they sound exhausting. But he's confident of a return.
Spoke with Ed Richards, asked him if he had written his acceptance speech for the rising star yet which he was very humble about. Amazing the maturity of these guys.
Jackson Trengove was brilliant too really had alot of time for his sponsors and made sure he got around to everyone on the table. We had to do a quiz with the players which was quite fun especially for the kids (and big kids). Picko was walking around copying everyone else's answers.
Good bunch of players . Thanks to the club for a great night.

Eastdog
19-06-2018, 11:25 PM
Any Woofers attend the Inside the Kennel event at the Yarraville club tonight?

Smads57
20-06-2018, 04:13 PM
Any Woofers attend the Inside the Kennel event at the Yarraville club tonight?

I was there Easty.

I went, not expecting a whole lot (given the season so far), but ended up coming away glad I'm a Bulldog supporter.

The player line up started with Woody, Wally and Paddy Lipinski.

When you hear Wood speak in forum's like this, you understand why he is the club's captain. He answered the questions posed by the MC (Kevin Hillier) in his usual friendly demeanour, but also with a degree of quiet determination and passion for the club, coaches and his team mates. He said he would be able to play a greater leadership role around the club, now that he was out for the season.

(I'd like to make the following observation at this point. In my mind, Wood's 'ordinary' form this year has been affected by his failure to be a forward option for the club, after trialling in this role pre-season. Being a very thoughtful man and club captain, I suspect he has been affected mentally by his failure to meet the club/coaches pre-season expectations and had been trying hard to make up for his perceived failure since. I therefore expect to see a completely different person taking the field in 2019 being able to put 2018 behind him).

Wally is a great speaker (and it does surprise me that he isn't in the leadership group). He spoke positively about his demotion to the VFL and getting back into the AFL side amongst other things.

There was one point he made which I thought was interesting - he made reference to some evidence suggesting you needed 18 mths to 2 years to fully recover from the leg injury he sustained in 2016 and that he was expecting to have a much improved season in 2019.

His current contract or any supposed discussions with another AFL club around his future were not discussed on the night.

Personally - I got the impression he will stay.

Lipinski mentioned enjoying getting a lengthy run in the seniors this year and working on parts of his game that the coaches had identified he still to improve in. He comes across as a real nice kid.

The next player panel consisted of big Red, and the two Baileys and there couldn't have been a more variable group of players sitting together! Williams was quite brief with his responses to the MC's questions (coming across as a shy but relaxed young 'dude'), Dale was a little more thoughtful with his responses while big Red come across quite confident and happy to talk about his injury and what he was up to outside of football.

The two Bailey's are currently completing a course similar to what Dahl and Hunter have been doing for the last couple of years and sounded like the 'odd couple' with some of their responses to the MC around how they were faring together doing the course.

Red mentioned his injury recovery program had him running again this week.

After the players left, the MC had Gia and Jamie Maddocks (Development and Opposition Coach) up front.

Gia spoke about the coaching group being very much aware of the need for players to improve their ball execution skills and goal kicking so as to improve their onfield performance and I guess that was going to be a fairly obvious conversation, but his response was measured and didn't come across as a set of problems that couldn't be overcome. He did make reference to the team being young and our being beset by injuries, but didn't spend a lot of time offering excuses, but rather talked up the team/players.

Jamie Maddocks described his role as the opposition coach previewing opposition teams and giving feedback to Bevo/coaching group.

It came across from both men that Bevo isn't into a deep dive of an opposition's tactics. Instead he prefers to coach the team how he wants them to play. They also agreed that players don't want a lot of written information about their opponents working better with visual aids that keep any messaging simple.

Looking forward to reading anyone else's impressions of the night and what they heard the players/coaches say.

bornadog
20-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Thanks Smads, great summary.

Eastdog
20-06-2018, 04:38 PM
Excellent report Smads57 our WOOF reporter :D

WOOF is just excellent in particular for those events most of us probably don't go to but a few on here do and report back on the main things from those events.

Greystache
20-06-2018, 04:58 PM
Thanks Smads. Your detailed reports from events and VFL games are a fantastic contribution to this forum.

boydogs
23-06-2018, 06:41 PM
It came across from both men that Bevo isn't into a deep dive of an opposition's tactics

Oh man I hate that term! Thanks for the review Smads

bornadog
05-07-2018, 06:24 PM
From WA Bulldogs

Eagles vs Bulldogs - Pre-game function

Sun July 22nd from 11.30am onwards

The Committee is pleased to announce that we are holding a Pre-Game get together prior to the Eagles game.
Where: Empire Bar (220 Great Eastern Hwy, Lathlain)
Time: From 11.30am onwards

We have our own section at the Empire Bar - look for the Doggies colours. Getting to the Game: Short walk across footbridge to train station and then only 1 stop to stadium. Takes 15 minutes. Or you can Taxi across there.
Lunch & Drinks: Available upon request at the bar.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhUqY4wUcAE0lQa.jpg

bornadog
11-07-2018, 10:15 AM
LEGENDS & YOUNG GUNS DINNER 2018

East-West Bulldogs, the Western Bulldogs’ supporter group in Melbourne’s south-east is inviting all Bulldogs supporters to its annual Legends & Young Guns Dinner

When: 6:30 for 7.00pm start, Tuesday – 7 August 2018

Where: Mulgrave Country Club, Corner Jells & Wellington Roads, WHEELERS HILL. (Melway Ref. 80 H1)

Cost: $75 per head for East-West members and $80 for non-members and includes a three course meal.
Children under 12: Half Price. Drinks at bar prices .

Young Guns: Aaron Naughton, Ed Richards, Jackson Trengove

Legends: Terry Wheeler, Martin Flanagan – former Age journalist, author of A Wink From The Universe

Club Representatives: To be advised.

Dress: Smart Casual NB: Guests are subject to change RSVP no later than 3 August, 2018

GVGjr
11-07-2018, 02:44 PM
Jackson Trengove Young Gun :)

bornadog
11-07-2018, 02:56 PM
Jackson Trengove Young Gun :)

Yeah a bit old

bornadog
31-07-2018, 02:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjZypceUwAEJ3gO.jpg:large

GVGjr
31-07-2018, 02:43 PM
I think this week is the last chance for people to get a ticket to the Legends and Young Guns night.

Highly recommended if you haven't been before. It's the equal or perhaps even a bit better than most club functions and nights and I think we are very good at these type of nights.

Last year I was fortunate enough to sit at the table with Fergus Greene and then found out I was also sitting at the same table as WOOF's own Josie.

josie
31-07-2018, 07:44 PM
Highly recommend it too. Been last two years and interviews with prior players or coaches and young players is great. Everyone very friendly too. Hope to meet some more woofers there this year. Highlight last year (or was it year before) - apart from lovely chat with GVGjr - was shaking hands with gentleman John Schulz as I was signing in at reception. It was like meeting one of the Beatles....

bornadog
02-08-2018, 10:16 AM
https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/uggDNQ8c2gk5PCxIgm9rb1tTb3Xs4QaakgK--YwPYe12VPcl791mraJERsDNK7nxuRVTzP603tZI7xodcIKbXwJLziBkmQICT mS8q9JA7YtmIEnu1UfwceeEFo3-8MxxRkeDcuBj4cVsYnKrXwypte2tEXT5viHQh46dCzfV7xg=s0-d-e1-ft#http://image.tmclient.ticketmaster.com/lib/fe9515707d640c7871/m/8/876be61f-6f19-4db9-a887-0f1c52688976.jpg

https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/wKDDg4O4UEWE0jKdVscH-MROdxE-WmzD7bc-JTQLWLAygFXR3O2oecNwbjvgeq7koNVq2vEp5QnCO5XKa9Iybmqqf-JVXnB0RjF9IPIPjJN9c6uJmWg3TRoPNYhSdya4Jmlpl1jfQHpyqajkc75-McgLuC9Ukw_xSE3Q2FVHZEE=s0-d-e1-ft#http://image.tmclient.ticketmaster.com/lib/fe9515707d640c7871/m/8/66a368a3-1cf6-424a-b2e6-0cfe67642713.jpg

GVGjr
08-08-2018, 12:03 AM
Geat night at Legends and Young Guns.
Caught up with WOOFs own Josie for a quick chat. She was lucky enough to have Adrian Campbell on her table

Trengove, Naughton and Richards were a huge hit with the packed out room. The youngsters have a great sense of humour and more importantly humility and they are certaintly feeling the strains of a long season . Trengove was nothing short of sensational with his blend of humour and the way he deals with the fans. He knows he is in a privileged position and he certainly appreciates that. He thanked all who attended which was an especially nice touch.
Hes got the ability to be a coach somewhere down the track.

Martin Flanagan was up next and talked about his book acknowledging a couple of the East West members who were in attendence. Those who follow twitter will know one of them well. He gave a level of history about the club which most people wouldn't know about. Wonderful session listening to him.

3 Legends finished the night off, Nigel Kellet is a very a funny guy and provided some great insights on his time at the club. . Adrian Campbell was a bit more serious and Terry Wheeler was at his brilliant best. He was a great coach for us. I got to speak to Wheels which was a bit of a high point for me.

Fantastic night and if you can get there next year at least try and pencil it in.

josie
08-08-2018, 08:44 AM
Yes, GVGJr spot on-another really enjoyable legends and young guns event. Kevin Hillier is a great MC. Sat next to lovely couple, the woman beside me volunteers for the club and typically she arrives 3 hours before an afl or vfl game to help with food for the boys - helping out club dietician. It was very interesting speaking to her and gaining little insights. Adrian Campbell played late 80’s to early 90’s. Charming, self-effacing bloke - was a great mark according to Wheeler. Adrian struck by serious injuries in last 2 years with dogs and ended up at Demons however after effects of injuries impacted his afl career. With benefit of hindsight he wishes he had stayed at Dogs. Was very successful as player and later coach in regional areas-often playing or being coached by other legends eg Paul Hudson. For those of you who like old movies he looks very much like “super duper Gary Cooper”.

One thing that really struck me from what the young ones and legends shared was the life long friendships of their families eg having holidays or childminding and so seeing their kids grow up together. It’s like they have a big extended dogs family.

And Martin Flanagan is such an interesting person-reiterated what he wrote in his book about everyone (at club, volunteers and supporters) feeling like they had been “players” that contributed to the 2016 cup and that he thinks ours is a very inclusive, great(est) family/grass roots club.

Axe Man
08-08-2018, 01:09 PM
Did Kellett mention his son Josh who is a possible father son recruit next year?

GVGjr
08-08-2018, 04:05 PM
Did Kellett mention his son Josh who is a possible father son recruit next year?

Yes he did, he even mentioned how well the club looks after father son players.

Eastdog
08-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Great reports GVGjr and josie. The East West Club the oldest supporter group of ours do a very good job. Really important to grow the club even more out in the east/south east area. I attended EWC day in December - one thing that would be good is if the whole playing group came out for that.

josie
09-08-2018, 09:30 PM
Hey Eastdog-come along to next year’s legends and young guns. Would be nice to say G’Day and it is closer to you than Etihad!

Eastdog
09-08-2018, 09:37 PM
Hey Eastdog-come along to next year’s legends and young guns. Would be nice to say G’Day and it is closer to you than Etihad!

Will endeavour to go in the future. I was at the East West day and family day at Whitten Oval this year. They are also great opportunities to catch up with fellow woofers.

Eastdog
14-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Look forward to reading the reports from the Inside the Kennel event in Yarraville tonight.

bornadog
21-08-2018, 12:57 PM
Anyone Going?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlFMmH2U4AAriNs.jpg

bornadog
24-08-2018, 07:16 PM
Went along to the business lunch today. This year it was at Crown, and a good turnout of business people.

Not alot to report except from Ahmeet's speach:

* Third year in a row we will report a million plus profit - great news, never thought I would hear that.

* the club is working with architects on a number of projects to make use of the land given to the club. Some plans will be available around Christmas this year.

That is about all that I can report on as everything else is pretty much out there,

bornadog
31-08-2018, 03:45 PM
Next Event

https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Articles/Matches%202017/2018B&F-Header-ARTv2.gif?timestamp=1535617951076

bulldogsthru&thru
03-10-2018, 12:00 PM
The B&F will be live streamed tonight on westernbulldogs.com.au

http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-10-02/charles-sutton-medal-livestream

Nuggety Back Pocket
03-10-2018, 12:53 PM
Next Event

https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Articles/Matches%202017/2018B&F-Header-ARTv2.gif?timestamp=1535617951076
Looking forward to the B & F tonight.
Do we have any Woofers going?

dadsgirl16
03-10-2018, 02:21 PM
Yep..I am going

bornadog
03-10-2018, 08:46 PM
1300 in attendance. Good to see supporters getting behind the club

bornadog
03-10-2018, 09:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dok4lFtU8AAs_6b.jpg

bulldogtragic
03-10-2018, 09:34 PM
Well, Carlton or GCS will grab him then. Damn.

Doc26
03-10-2018, 10:32 PM
After 16 Rounds
99 Hunter
93 Bont
90 Macrae

FrediKanoute
03-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Dunk's got the Tony LIberatore Most Improved player award

Not sure who got the best first year player

Doc26
03-10-2018, 11:00 PM
After 20 Rounds
With 3 to go
128 Hunter
126 Macrae
103 Bont
Best 1st year Naughton
Most Improved- Dunkley
Best team player-JJ
Most Courageous- Crozier

EasternWest
03-10-2018, 11:04 PM
Most Courageous- Crozier

Deservedly so. Had an excellent year and never shirked a contest.

SquirrelGrip
03-10-2018, 11:12 PM
Coaches Award - jointly to Billy Gowers and Ed Richards.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2018, 11:14 PM
Made sure Naughton, Richards & Gowers got an award for their first year. Well played coaches, they all deserved one.

bornadog
03-10-2018, 11:45 PM
Naughton 4th overall

Ozza
03-10-2018, 11:46 PM
Hunter wins
Macrae 2nd
Bont
Naughton
Dunks/Daniel

Disappointed for Macrae, who was our best player.

Doc26
03-10-2018, 11:46 PM
Winner is Hunter on 191
Runner up on 190 Macrae.
3rd Bont
4th Naughton- a great effort
Equal 5th Dunkley and Daniel
Games missed thru injury to Macrae was the difference to lose by 1 vote

SquirrelGrip
03-10-2018, 11:49 PM
Incredible effort for Naughton to come 4th as a first year player - plus he missed all those games mid-season!

KT31
03-10-2018, 11:50 PM
Jacksons bloody stiff, should have taken it out.

Ozza
03-10-2018, 11:52 PM
Certainly a testament to how hard Hunter works both ways which the coaches obviously value very highly, and how he finds the footy week in and week out.

Doc26
03-10-2018, 11:52 PM
2nd, 3rd and 2nd in past 3 seasons by Jack.
Great consistency. He is very stiff.

bornadog
03-10-2018, 11:55 PM
Certainly a testament to how hard Hunter works both ways which the coaches obviously value very highly, and how he finds the footy week in and week out.

Another one of our underrated players in the overall AFL

Rocket Science
04-10-2018, 12:04 AM
Strewth, what does Jacko have to do to grab one of these?

Hardly undeserved by Hunter but had Macrae not missed any time he'd have rightly shat it in.

bornadog
04-10-2018, 12:07 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dold9WSVAAA45uh.jpg

Eastdog
04-10-2018, 12:09 AM
Well done Lachie!
Jack unlucky but as Lachie said maybe next year for Jack.

SquirrelGrip
04-10-2018, 12:10 AM
Bailey Williams made top 10!

Eastdog
04-10-2018, 12:11 AM
Incredible effort for Naughton to come 4th as a first year player - plus he missed all those games mid-season!

Fantastic. Aaron was excellent in his first year. Great down back.

bornadog
04-10-2018, 12:13 AM
Have a look at the age profile of the top ten

Lachie Hunter (23 years old)Jack Macrae (24)Marcus Bontempelli (22)4th Aaron Naughton (18)5th Josh Dunkley (21)5th Caleb Daniel (22)7th Jason Johannisen (25)8th Hayden Crozier (24)9th Toby McLean (22)10th Bailey Williams (20)

Eastdog
04-10-2018, 12:27 AM
Have a look at the age profile of the top ten

Lachie Hunter (23 years old)Jack Macrae (24)Marcus Bontempelli (22)4th Aaron Naughton (18)5th Josh Dunkley (21)5th Caleb Daniel (22)7th Jason Johannisen (25)8th Hayden Crozier (24)9th Toby McLean (22)10th Bailey Williams (20)

25 and under. Lots of years left in these players.

josie
04-10-2018, 12:41 AM
Really surprised Maclean was not in top 10. I had him in my top 5. If not for Macrae’s hammy he would definitely have won. Hunter did have good year though -and maybe more of and eye catcher/less dour. Happy Naughton got recognition.

FrediKanoute
04-10-2018, 12:44 AM
25 and under. Lots of years left in these players.

Agreed. Our key players are our younger, experienced players, not the older members of the team. Get the hunger back and this group of players will go places

Ozza
04-10-2018, 12:57 AM
Really surprised Maclean was not in top 10. I had him in my top 5. If not for Macrae’s hammy he would definitely have won. Hunter did have good year though -and maybe more of and eye catcher/less dour. Happy Naughton got recognition.
He was ninth - however I do agree that I saw him going top 5.

josie
04-10-2018, 01:37 AM

Ah-yes, misread leader board thinking they listed top 10 but only top 8 listed. Thx!!

The Adelaide Connection
04-10-2018, 02:39 AM
Was there anyone else missing? I read on FB that someone in attendance didn't see Roughead or Adams, but they conceded that it was pretty packed and they may have just missed them.

divvydan
04-10-2018, 03:47 AM
Was pretty surprised to see Daniel so high up the list, thought he regressed for most of the year before having a good last month or two. Guess he was performing roles that the coaching staff wanted.

Go_Dogs
04-10-2018, 07:19 AM
I can never make heads or tails of how our coaches vote. Surprised Daniel and Crozier featured so highly (noting they both improved over the latter part of the season), shocked McLean was so low (did trail off a little I suppose) and I’m absolutely gaff-smacked that Jacko didn’t take the award home.

GVGjr
04-10-2018, 07:43 AM
I can never make heads or tails of how our coaches vote. Surprised Daniel and Crozier featured so highly (noting they both improved over the latter part of the season), shocked McLean was so low (did trail off a little I suppose) and I’m absolutely gaff-smacked that Jacko didn’t take the award home.

Daniel had a poor season from my perspective but it probably sums up our season if he can finish 5th

Go_Dogs
04-10-2018, 07:52 AM
Daniel had a poor season from my perspective but it probably sums up our season if he can finish 5th

I suppose you’re right, not many votes being handed out to a lot of players so a few slightly better games can swing the outcome significantly. Still, always leaves me confused I see the game so differently to our coaching staff.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
04-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Congrats to Lachie and all the other placegetters and award recipients.
I am surprised by some of the voting; just highlights the different lens performances are judged in-house than from a distance.

Murphy'sLore
04-10-2018, 08:37 AM
What do you mean, Jack Macrae hasn't won anything? Didn't he win the most prestigious prize of all, the WOOF Marmo Award?

He did win that, didn't he?

Grantysghost
04-10-2018, 08:49 AM
Was there anyone else missing? I read on FB that someone in attendance didn't see Roughead or Adams, but they conceded that it was pretty packed and they may have just missed them.

Roughead was there. Didn't see Adams.

Edit : From what I understand only Dalhaus was missing. Liberatore was there and seemed quite at ease taking about his holidays. Got back the previous night. Seemed pretty fit also and sober.

EasternWest
04-10-2018, 09:18 AM
What do you mean, Jack Macrae hasn't won anything? Didn't he win the most prestigious prize of all, the WOOF Marmo Award?

He did win that, didn't he?

The one that matters.

bornadog
04-10-2018, 09:47 AM

Before Mclean becomes an A grader and does better in the BnF he needs to improve his kicking. He has started to get lot of the ball, but has been wasteful. He did also taper off in the last 5 or 6 games.

bornadog
04-10-2018, 09:49 AM
I’m absolutely gaff-smacked that Jacko didn’t take the award home.

He missed by one vote, but missed 3 games and did his hammy during one game, so ineffect 4 games.

Dahlhause couldn't even get into the top ten, so shows how bad he was.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-10-2018, 10:40 AM
McLean started well but his second half of the year was down.

The results of Daniel and even Naughton reflect how poor we were outside of the final month of the year.

ledge
04-10-2018, 10:51 AM
I thought Hunter was a huge chance he was everywhere all year, has a tank on him and pretty much was the player who kept trying and leading us.
Obviously the 4 games missed stopped Macrae and I also wasn’t surprised to see Naughton up there he was unbelievable holding a major position in his first year, even went forward and kicked a goal.
We have a lot to look forward to in the coming years, this year was a stabilising and a hard look at the list in dedication and hunger.
We always rated Crozier and once he settled he was enormous.

hujsh
04-10-2018, 11:27 AM
He missed by one vote, but missed 3 games and did his hammy during one game, so ineffect 4 games.

Dahlhause couldn't even get into the top ten, so shows how bad he was.

Was he in the top 10 before injury though?

Mantis
04-10-2018, 11:29 AM
Before Mclean becomes an A grader and does better in the BnF he needs to improve his kicking. He has started to get lot of the ball, but has been wasteful. He did also taper off in the last 5 or 6 games.

Compare Toby’s year to Caleb’s? I know which one I preferred.

Toby is also a better field kick than our B&F winner.

SquirrelGrip
04-10-2018, 12:26 PM
Interesting words by Bevo when presenting to Lachie about the hard discussions they’ve had about both on and off-field, and that they’d found middle ground with each other for the moment. Would love to know a bit more detail as it was quite a forum to make this so public.

Ps I believe Dahlhaus was 19 or 20.

Axe Man
04-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Does anyone know how our B&F voting system works?

Eastdog
04-10-2018, 01:50 PM
Does anyone know how our B&F voting system works?

Yeah I have the same question as well.

The Underdog
04-10-2018, 02:12 PM
Compare Toby’s year to Caleb’s? I know which one I preferred.

Toby is also a better field kick than our B&F winner.

And a better field kick than our B&F 2nd place getter.

bulldogsthru&thru
04-10-2018, 02:19 PM
Yeah I have the same question as well.

I believe Bevo and the (4?) assistant coaches give all players a vote between 0 and 5 at the end of each game.

So a player could get 20 votes in a game

westdog54
04-10-2018, 02:39 PM
I believe Bevo and the (4?) assistant coaches give all players a vote between 0 and 5 at the end of each game.

25 is the max. Bevo and four others give every player a 0 to 5 mark.

Axe Man
04-10-2018, 02:40 PM

Mclean a better field kick than Macrae? I can't agree with that. I thought Macrae's kicking has become excellent this season.

I know stats can lie but kicking efficiency this year was 68.9% v 58.4% in favour of Macrae.

Axe Man
04-10-2018, 02:43 PM

25 is the max. Bevo and four others give every player a 0 to 5 mark.

Thanks.

So Hunter won averaging just over 9 votes in his 21 games, or less than 2 per coach? Seems low.

EasternWest
04-10-2018, 03:16 PM

Disagree. Macrae is a good kick imo

hujsh
04-10-2018, 03:28 PM
He's not a booming kick but he's all but eliminated his scrubbers when he kicks around the corner. Also one of the few who lowers his eyes going inside 50 rather than bombing long or blazing away.

Ozza
04-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Most interesting part of Bevo’s speech about Lachie - was that when they do the reviews and have 4 camera angles, Hunter never has to be worried about what comes out of the review in terms of what he does off the ball for the team. Obviously an insight into the different way that supporters see players, compared to coaches, who forensically analyse all three phases of the game.

For Naughton, whilst it was surprising that he was so high in the B&F, it wasn’t surprising at all to me that he won best 1st year player. Body-willing, he’s got 250 games written all over him.

Remi Moses
04-10-2018, 03:35 PM
Wonderful to see our b and f top 10 are all 25 and under . Bodes very well

Ozza
04-10-2018, 03:44 PM
Wonderful to see our b and f top 10 are all 25 and under . Bodes very well

Agree It does bode well for the future - however, you don’t win any prizes for being the youngest, so I hope we are active in bringing in some mature agers this off-season (which we appear to be trying to do) to address the short term, seeing as the longer term appears bright.

Bulldog Joe
04-10-2018, 04:40 PM

I am not so sure about that.

Macrae is under-rated on his kicking. He regular takes and makes difficult options to set things up. The only knock for Jack is the lack of depth in his kicking as he is limited to about 40 metres as his maximum.

Bulldog Joe
04-10-2018, 04:40 PM

I am not so sure about that.

Macrae is under-rated on his kicking. He regular takes and makes difficult options to set things up. The only knock for Jack is the lack of depth in his kicking as he is limited to about 40 metres as his maximum.

bornadog
04-10-2018, 05:26 PM
This is the future and looks bright.

Average age for the WBD top 10 in the B&F tonight - 22 years & 291 days
The second youngest for any top 10 in the past 9 seasons (GWS in 2013)

GVGjr
04-10-2018, 07:18 PM
This is the future and looks bright.
I don't quite get the logic to this.
All season long just about every loss was blamed on our young list and yet now the age and games played profile is a positive?
I don't understand how a player like Caleb Daniel finishing 5th in our B&F after what was a below average season for him is a positive for the club or the player?

It's always nice to hear that the younger players are highly regarded but our coaching staff have a bit to answer to if this is how the votes played out

Nuggety Back Pocket
04-10-2018, 09:35 PM
Agree It does bode well for the future - however, you don’t win any prizes for being the youngest, so I hope we are active in bringing in some mature agers this off-season (which we appear to be trying to do) to address the short term, seeing as the longer term appears bright.

Agree. Disappointing to think that we are happy to unload Roughead given his experience character and heroic efforts in our 2016 Finals campaign.

bornadog
04-10-2018, 10:18 PM
I don't quite get the logic to this.
All season long just about every loss was blamed on our young list and yet now the age and games played profile is a positive?
I don't understand how a player like Caleb Daniel finishing 5th in our B&F after what was a below average season for him is a positive for the club or the player?

It's always nice to hear that the younger players are highly regarded but our coaching staff have a bit to answer to if this is how the votes played out

You missed one word - FUTURE

Nuggety Back Pocket
05-10-2018, 02:57 PM
You missed one word - FUTURE

We desperately need strong on field leadership from the likes of Wood Bontempelli and Morris together with Liberatore and Picken. This is where top 8 Clubs have stolen a march on our performances over the past two years.

bornadog
29-10-2018, 05:15 PM
East meets West Family Day & Kids Clinic
Saturday, 8 December 2018
Gates open at 11.30am
Kids Clinic will begin at 1pm

Yes, it’s on again this year at Wesley College
Glen Waverley Campus, High Street Road, Glen Waverley.

Bring the kids and watch them play kick-to-kick and
practise their skills in training drills with Bulldogs’
players while you’re enjoying a bacon and egg or
sausage sandwich from our barbeque.

There’ll be face painting for the kids and an
opportunity to buy Bulldogs merchandise and
memberships.

GVGjr
29-10-2018, 05:29 PM
Well that's a nice return for the East meets West club. December rather than January is quite a change

Eastdog
29-10-2018, 09:27 PM
Well that's a nice return for the East meets West club. December rather than January is quite a change

I think it was in December last year as well. Hopefully more of our playing group come out. Hopefully for both the EW family day in December and WO family day in February the weather isn't too hot as I'll probably go to both again. It's a good trip out with the train to the Whitten Oval.

Eastdog
02-11-2018, 09:37 PM

WESTERN BULLDOGS FAMILY FUN DAY

Western Bulldogs fans are invited to come down to VU Whitten Oval on Saturday 15th December to enjoy an action packed day for the whole family, including AFL and AFLW open training sessions, player autographs, entertainment, kids zone and more.

Date: Saturday 15th December 2018

Please note: The club recommends all fans plan to take public transport to the event as car parking is extremely limited in the surrounds of the venue.

Eastdog
02-11-2018, 10:02 PM
If I go great opportunities to catch up with woofers on both the 8th Dec and 15th Dec.

Eastdog
11-11-2018, 05:37 PM

WESTERN BULLDOGS FAMILY FUN DAY

Western Bulldogs fans are invited to come down to VU Whitten Oval on Saturday 15th December to enjoy an action packed day for the whole family, including AFL and AFLW open training sessions, player autographs, entertainment, kids zone and more.

Date: Saturday 15th December 2018

Please note: The club recommends all fans plan to take public transport to the event as car parking is extremely limited in the surrounds of the venue.

I believe the time for this event is between 9am to 1:30pm.

choconmientay
13-11-2018, 03:47 PM
Social Club Xmas party is open for registration.
--—--------------

To thank you for your support during 2018, we would like to extend an invitation to you for our end of year EJ Whitten Social Club Christmas party.

Due to the success and popularity of the Social Club Christmas party in recent years, it is advised that members guarantee a ticket by registering early.

Please join us for a fantastic night of fun and entertainment which includes:
Mingling with the AFL and AFLW players, including the Club’s new recruits for 2019
A panel discussion with Senior Coach Luke Beveridge and members of the 2019 Western Bulldogs AFL team
The opportunity to purchase raffle tickets and win some fantastic prizes
Some refreshments will be provided, while additional food and beverages can be purchased at bar prices.

To book your ticket for this event, please register from 10am, Tuesday 13 November.

This can be completed online by clicking below and logging into your My Bulldogs Account or you can call our Membership Team on 1300 46 36 47.
REGISTER YOUR ATTENDANCE
Details for the night:
Date: Tuesday, 4th December 2018
Time: Doors open from 6:30pm
Place: Medallion Club – Marvel Stadium, Docklands
Enter via Gate 9 off Victory Promenade
RSVP: Due to limited capacity, please register from 10am on Tuesday 13th November.

We look forward to seeing you there!
Western Bulldogs Membership Team

*Please note tickets for the event will not be immediately available upon registration.

Nuggety Back Pocket
14-11-2018, 02:48 PM
WB Past Players AGM and luncheon at Whitten Oval on Sunday with special presentations to acknowledge Clay Smith Kobi Stevens, ‘61 Grand Finalist Alex Gardiner and ‘50’s player Kevin Smith.

bornadog
28-11-2018, 03:24 PM
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Hero/2017_HERO/1_MAR0101-Family-Fun-Day-Website-Article-Header%20ART.jpg?timestamp=1543359787204

Axe Man
28-11-2018, 03:53 PM
Social Club Xmas party is open for registration.
--—--------------

To thank you for your support during 2018, we would like to extend an invitation to you for our end of year EJ Whitten Social Club Christmas party.

Due to the success and popularity of the Social Club Christmas party in recent years, it is advised that members guarantee a ticket by registering early.

Please join us for a fantastic night of fun and entertainment which includes:
Mingling with the AFL and AFLW players, including the Club’s new recruits for 2019
A panel discussion with Senior Coach Luke Beveridge and members of the 2019 Western Bulldogs AFL team
The opportunity to purchase raffle tickets and win some fantastic prizes
Some refreshments will be provided, while additional food and beverages can be purchased at bar prices.

To book your ticket for this event, please register from 10am, Tuesday 13 November.

This can be completed online by clicking below and logging into your My Bulldogs Account or you can call our Membership Team on 1300 46 36 47.
REGISTER YOUR ATTENDANCE
Details for the night:
Date: Tuesday, 4th December 2018
Time: Doors open from 6:30pm
Place: Medallion Club – Marvel Stadium, Docklands
Enter via Gate 9 off Victory Promenade
RSVP: Due to limited capacity, please register from 10am on Tuesday 13th November.

We look forward to seeing you there!

*Please note tickets for the event will not be immediately available upon registration.

I noticed that the social club party next week is in the Medallion Club on level 2 rather than the Victory room as it has been in the past. Is there enough room up there? The Victory room when fully opened up is pretty big and it is still usually fairly busy.

SquirrelGrip
28-11-2018, 05:17 PM
I noticed that the social club party next week is in the Medallion Club on level 2 rather than the Victory room as it has been in the past. Is there enough room up there? The Victory room when fully opened up is pretty big and it is still usually fairly busy.

Yes the Medallion Club is plenty big enough.

bornadog
28-11-2018, 05:22 PM
I can't make it this year, I am away

Eastdog
04-12-2018, 09:21 PM
https://eastwestbulldogs.com/2018/10/26/east-meets-west/

East Meets West

Posted on October 26, 2018 by eastwestbulldogs

Our Annual East Meets West Family day and Kids clinic is on December 8th, 2018. Gates open at 11.30 am
At Wesley College, High St Road, Glen Waverley.

The players attending will be Tom Boyd, Zaine Cordy, Caleb Daniel, Josh Dunkley, Brad Lynch, Toby McLean, Josh Schache.
As always this is subject to change.

Starting with our usual delicious sausage sizzle and yummy Egg & Bacon sandwiches.

Also face painting, balloon twister and magician, merchandise sales, membership sales for both Western Bulldogs and EastWest Bulldogs

Our Christmas Hamper Raffle will be drawn.
Kids clinic will start at 1pm.

Eastdog
04-12-2018, 09:24 PM
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Hero/2017_HERO/1_MAR0101-Family-Fun-Day-Website-Article-Header%20ART.jpg?timestamp=1543359787204

Hoping to meet Twodogs and a few others woofers at this event. Also hopefully I’ll meet some woofers at the East West Day this Saturday.

Eastdog
04-12-2018, 11:29 PM
Any reports from the Social club event?

choconmientay
05-12-2018, 12:16 AM
Any reports from the Social club event?

Quite underwhelming this year. Peter G wasn't there. I missed most of Ameet updates.

Power spoke a bit about the new comers. T Duryea spoke few words about being one of the youngest in a team to now be a more senior guy.

They had Bevo, Hunter, Trengrove 'on the couch'-style interview:

Bevo talk about 3 weeks off over XMAS/NewYear which will be a challenge for a young team
Looking for accelerate development, we should be a bit stronger and can cover a lot more ground.
Looking for improving skills. Use the footy well. Having team mates moving well around each others, making sure our players are well connected.
Going to Torquay and Mooloolaba again this year for pre-season training.
Teach the new guys the essence of our ways of playing
Push the boundaries
Stuck to our core principles (didn't really go into detail)
Team starting this year will probably significantly different to the team finishing last year.
Adjust A bit off-field (?!)
He talked a bit a bout the West Coast setup but explained we will stay with our style.

Spoke about rules change next season will enforce us to adapt more. On-field leaders (like Hunter and Trengrove) will required to take on more responsibility to setup, adjust to the game situations where the runner can not enter the field to send out the coaches messages.

We have a lot of belief as a team. That'd come from how we finished off last year.
Expectation for next year is ... a hard team to play against. Nailing home games in front of the loyal supporters which we haven't done in recent times.

Hope we'll be in for a shoot in the 8 and see what'll happens from there.

Hunter:
Looking for to going forward a lot with the ball and use his speed.
No role change. Play on the wing but happy to go anywhere needed for the team.

Trengrove:
Set standards and a great place for players to enjoy coming to.
Everyone in good shapes coming back from holiday.
Looking forward to continue from the last haft of the year. Playing consistently and able to lead.
Sees himself as Ruck/Forward where he could play his best but can also going back to play a defense role.

So there you goes Easty. That's all what I could remember with my Gold-fish alike memory ;)

bornadog
05-12-2018, 03:55 AM
Thanks Choco

cinder
05-12-2018, 10:56 AM
Peter G wasn't there.

Yes - where was he??

SonofScray
05-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Xmas party was generally better than any previous ones I recall. Hadn't been to the past 4 though.

Bevo was interesting, he seemed concerned about the rule changes and the impact they could have for him tactically. In his comments I detected an acknowledgment that things like 3rd man up had really challenged his system. Think the restricted use of the runner has him concerned in terms of playing the numbers game in the phone box.

Eastdog
05-12-2018, 09:37 PM
Thanks Choc and SOS.

azabob
06-12-2018, 07:46 AM
Xmas party was generally better than any previous ones I recall. Hadn't been to the past 4 though.

Bevo was interesting, he seemed concerned about the rule changes and the impact they could have for him tactically. In his comments I detected an acknowledgment that things like 3rd man up had really challenged his system. Think the restricted use of the runner has him concerned in terms of playing the numbers game in the phone box.

Beveridge was a huge advocate for the runners to stay. He even got into verbal tit for tat with Chris Scott over it.

bornadog
06-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Beveridge was a huge advocate for the runners to stay. He even got into verbal tit for tat with Chris Scott over it.

I can't see one reason why there is need to restrict the runners.

Eastdog
08-12-2018, 12:40 PM
Any woofers going to the East West Day? I’m here now.

Eastdog
08-12-2018, 04:02 PM
East West Day Eastdog’s Summary

Not much to report. Bought a raffle ticket at the start but didn’t win anything in the end (5 Christmas hampers for 5 lucky winners who entered). Mainly was just milling around for a while they had a sausage sizzle going so got one and the AFLW premiership cup was on display and also a merchandise tent and WB tent for the kids. Signed up to the East West club as well.

The players (Hayden Crozier, Josh Schache, Brad Lynch, Josh Dunkley, Toby McLean and Caleb Daniel come in around 1pm for the kids clinic and then they took autographs. Liked that Dunks signed my footy with the number 20 as the footy I had was a Bulldogs premiership 2016 footy.

Improvements: Keep the kids clinic but make it more appealing to the adult supporters. I wish they had a open training session with the whole team like the did a number of years ago old school East/West days.

The Bulldog family fun day next week at Whitten Oval seems like it will have more going on open training sesssion etc.

GVGjr
08-12-2018, 08:19 PM
I really feel sorry for the East West club, this has gone from a thriving day where reporters used to attend to one that has a poor attendance. I talked to the President of the EW club and he mentioned some of it has to do with the Player Association rules around how many extra functions players can attend but really once it lost it's identity as a proper training session it's been going backwards

I got there at 11.25am (5 minutes before the official starting time) and there were plenty of parking still available which is very different to previous years and the committee members had just started setting up. In previous years they were set-up nearly an hour beforehand such was the popularity of the day.

The club needs to get off it's collective arses and put something back into the day. Get Bevo or one of the assistant or skills coaches there and have Power or Austin there to talk about the draft. I used to be able to get a 5 minute chat to Dalrymple most years who would take his kids along. Have Truelson there to talk about memberships and projects. Have someone from the board there or the past players.

I get Ballarat is a big focus but it's just wrong for the club to back away from supporting the EW club

I was there when Jon Ralph would be interviewing players for the Sunday paper, I was there when the Mission Foods announcement was made by Campbell Rose who had to rush off and join the media circus because word had leaked out a bit early. I was there when a very skinny Ayce Cordy was trying to push Will Minson around and failing very badly at it much to everyone's amusement.
I was there when Rodney Eade was introducing the draftees and when he gave Sam Reid a bit of a clip for testing his will earlier in the week. Time and time again this event attracted a huge audience and it was a chance to see players training their backsides off and officials telling us about the club. It gave everyone a great appreciation of what the club was about in engaging with the members.

It's a damn shame that it's now very much an after thought and the clubs management don't have it on their to do list.

Eastdog
08-12-2018, 09:18 PM
Yeah so right GVGjr. They need to put much more effort into this event. Feel sorry for the EW club.

bornadog
08-12-2018, 09:41 PM
The trouble is it is now run in December and there are many functions on at the same time . Last week it was The Social Club Xmas party, EW this week, new recruits function next week followed by family day.

Need to work out a better calender. EW was always in the new year but clashed with training for some reason .

GVGjr
08-12-2018, 10:24 PM
The trouble is it is now run in December and there are many functions on at the same time . Last week it was The Social Club Xmas party, EW this week, new recruits function next week followed by family day.

Need to work out a better calender. EW was always in the new year but clashed with training for some reason .

This is the only date they've been given which is a shame but to be honest it would still work if the club actually supported it.

Eastdog
08-12-2018, 10:34 PM
This is the only date they've been given which is a shame but to be honest it would still work if the club actually supported it.

As you said GVGjr while Ballarat now is the priority as we are playing games and to establish ourselves there and have a great commitment to the western community through our programs such as Sons and Daughters of the West Health, Whitten Project etc we need to make sure we put the effort into events like today for our supporters who may live north or east, south east which what the east west club was created for. We certainly have supporters out this way and always see a good number going in on match days. Bit disappointing Bevo didn’t come down today but will probably see him at the WO fan day next week.

bornadog
09-12-2018, 03:28 AM
M

4 events In less than two weeks

soupman
09-12-2018, 11:56 AM
Completely agree. The training and introduction session was great. Gave you a chance to see everyone close up, didn't havr everyone cooped up in tents when you want stuff signed, had a very open informal atmosphere ehich made the players very approachable and hearing the coaches thoughts on the recruits was great.

Now it feels like an obligation the club doesnt want and just assigns a handful of players to as an afterthought.

Eastdog
11-12-2018, 09:53 PM
Public Transport for Saturday for the WB family fun day. Things to be aware of.

https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/live-travel-updates#article%5Bid%5D=%23article-157591

Eastdog
12-12-2018, 10:33 AM
Anyone go to the Inside the Kennel event last night in Yarraville? Anything to report?

GVGjr
12-12-2018, 10:31 PM
I've now got the details of who I can write to about the demise of the East West day and will send an email tomorrow. If anyone has some suggestions of what should be included you can add the details here or send me a private message

I was impressed that they would welcome any feedback or suggestions

bornadog
13-12-2018, 06:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuQ8jbZVYAAK5RD.jpg

Read HERE (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-12-07/bulldogs-hold-ballarat-open-day)

bornadog
13-12-2018, 06:46 PM
https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/6Fza4cBlmVV_BmiaFGZ2B1omublWMYofcKCMqQAKUmV0hxcusuNh9nbZm1uR kuIuqlJxrQNTAehe_AIG9qPT218PsgRD9E8jYtZy_1Umaclb64j5E0uXHz3n VJojgzZNXO9RgPN-DLuyQ9yq5OCTeUd7CtRp_LFJGKkruBc=s0-d-e1-ft#http://image.tmclient.ticketmaster.com/lib/fe9515707d640c7871/m/9/4f0ac495-599d-4bdc-b0b0-7668a65e9159.jpg

Smads57
15-12-2018, 01:54 PM
Anyone go to the Inside the Kennel event last night in Yarraville? Anything to report?

Hi Easty, a fairly late report (been busy week).

The format followed the usual 'Inside the Kennel' program with MC Kevin Hillier and selected players/coaching staff being interviewed.

The first thing they announced was R West being unavailable on the night due to his end of year school formal, and then Kevin got Sam Lloyd up to speak on his own.

I thought this might struggle to enthuse, but both Kevin and Lloyd himself managed a good conversation to satisfy the attendees which included asking Lloyd about the differences between Richmond and the Dogs pre-season training and what Lloyd hoped to bring to the table as a player.

They then had Hayes, Vandermeer and AFLW Irish recruit Aisling McCarthy.

Again I thought the interview might fall a bit flat without any 'star factor' but pleasantly surprised with Hayes showing his absolute enthusiasm for being recruited, Vandermeer's story (a little bit worried about him having a junior history of 3 broken collar bones) and then the great story of the recruitment process of AFLW Irish prospect Aisling (pronounced Ashley) McCarthy.

The evening finished with the very well spoken Development coach Jordan Russell discussing this year's crop of recruits and what they can expect over their first pre-season.

Didn't really learn anything new, but got to enjoy the opportunity of hearing the very different 'back' stories of the 4 new recruits.

Eastdog
15-01-2019, 06:35 PM
http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events

Got an email yesterday from the club. Seems like no family day in February. Quite a number of events in December 2018 including the AGM.

bornadog
15-01-2019, 11:38 PM
http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events

Got an email yesterday from the club. Seems like no family day in February. Quite a number of events in December 2018 including the AGM.

Already had the family day ;)

Eastdog
17-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Already had the family day ;)

Yeah that’s right BAD. December this time instead of February.

bornadog
20-02-2019, 11:38 AM
Last night I attended the Women's ambassador event at Barkers Cafe. When the AFL Women's started 3 seasons ago, I decided to support the club and the women's football team and decided to become a foundation member. I haven't attended any of the events from previous seasons, but decided to last night.

It was poorly attended compared to the previous two (according to a couple of people there). We heard from Ameet Bains, the coach and his assistants as well as a player panel. With very few people attending, there was a good opportunity to talk to them in the breaks. We also had a tour of the brand new changing rooms and chill out areas for the women. The Bulldog museum has been taken out and moved around a bit into the Barkers Cafe area and doesn't have a permanent home.

The official opening of the women's area is Friday and I can tell you, the rooms are brilliant and probably the best in Australia for all AFLW teams. Dunkley came along on the tour as well and said the facilities are better than theirs. :D I said to him this is the only time you get to come in here.

Both Paul Groves and the players think the team to beat this year is Adelaide and not North. The loss on Friday was literally 10 minutes of football in the 2nd quarter when they failed to get their hands on the ball and stop North's momentum, so they are still confident to make the top two in their conference and therefore finals.

I asked Paul why we keep bombing the ball into the forward 50 and not finding a target (sounds familiar), and he agreed it was a concern and blamed the mids not finding a shorter option between the centre and F50 arc, and then having one more kick to find a target. KB will play deeper this week, and they are looking at options for bringing in players to kick goals. We have only kicked 10 goals in 3 games. Paul also said it was difficult to effect a quarter of football when they are only 15 minutes.

Other challenges for the future on AFLW is the new expansion teams coming in (next year Richmond and Saints), and trying to hold on to good players. The constant rules on the run by the AFL also doesn't help and they are making things up as they go along. Paul also thinks the conference system is a test for perhaps bringing in something like that for the men's game. ( I hope not)

Someone asked the players what they thought of the two new rules, ie the quick kicking out after a point is kicked as well as having boundary throw ins from 10 metres further in from the boundary. The players love it and think it has opened up the game. I personally think it is ridiculous and you may as well not have boundary umpires in future and just let the other team kick it in if you are going to change the game so dramatically.

Saturday we play Brisbane in the Grand Final replay and it is a must win game.

bornadog
24-02-2019, 01:21 AM
https://scontent.fmel2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/53181546_10156955935852487_1794360366159888384_o.jpg?_nc_cat =110&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel2-1.fna&oh=69b7ca8a447119c3fda6a454bef39296&oe=5CDE2004

GVGjr
12-03-2019, 06:21 AM
Looking forward to the season launch tonight.

bornadog
12-03-2019, 10:55 AM
Looking forward to the season launch tonight.
i am missing out this year, still away

GVGjr
12-03-2019, 01:59 PM
i am missing out this year, still away

Lucky you though :)

Eastdog
12-03-2019, 02:43 PM
Look forward to the reports as always :)

dadsgirl16
12-03-2019, 03:07 PM
I am going and hopefully they let me in! Last year I thought I printed off a ticket that was sent to my Bulldog Account thingy but have just logged in and nope nothing so will take the receipt and throw a tantrum if they don’t allow me in!

Eastdog
12-03-2019, 03:10 PM
I am going and hopefully they let me in! Last year I thought I printed off a ticket that was sent to my Bulldog Account thingy but have just logged in and nope nothing so will take the receipt and throw a tantrum if they don’t allow me in!

Hopefully they let you in dadsgirl16. Yeah that must be frustrating.

bornadog
12-03-2019, 05:13 PM

Your name will be on the list as this year they have reverted back to tables, except players won't be at each table, but rather sitting together.

GVGjr
13-03-2019, 12:03 AM
Great night, will write up something tomorrow.

Seb Costello did a fine job as MC, hardly missed a beat
Bevo's speech about his trip to the US in the off season was quite entertaining
PG gave another fine performance remembering back 30 years ago and the struggles we endured back then
Bains provided a great overview of our finances and the work we are doing to set the club up for the longer term.
There will be some positive announcements in the coming weeks.

On top of that I sat on the same table with some outstanding Bulldog members and I got a cut out of Ed Richards to boot
Spent a bit of money but got it back 10 fold.

They interviewed Buku Khamis who mentioned that Morris was his uber driver now that he has the injured leg.
Later on Moz mentioned that Buku hadn't given him a 5 star rating yet

Eastdog
13-03-2019, 09:09 PM
Much appreciated GVGjr. Cheers.

Go_Dogs
13-03-2019, 09:34 PM
Thanks GVG, sounds like a good night was had.

azabob
13-03-2019, 10:35 PM
I just listened to Bevo’s speech. This year it’s seemed a bit more positive about our onfield chances than he did in last years speech.

bornadog
08-05-2019, 11:37 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6AO3AgUIAANRRi.jpg

Book here (https://www.tixstar.com.au/a/afl-club-functions-events/other/western-bulldogs-inside-the-kennel-mid-season-review/100006524)

Player Panel: Lachie Hunter, Rhylee West, Aaron Naughton, Tim English, Caleb Daniel and Brad Lynch*

Dress Code: Neat casual

*Player panel subject to change without notification

Eastdog
04-06-2019, 08:10 PM
Any woofers there?

Look forward to the reports.

GVGjr
18-06-2019, 11:12 PM
Just home from the Players Sponsors Dinner and it was another solid night at the Crown Palladium

Bains talked about the clubs journey and gave a comprehensive overview.
Acknowledgement for a number of new player sponsors. Acknowledgements for the 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years achievements
Just think back 25 year...if you can :)
There was a great quiz as they always have. One of the sponsors donated a Mercedes Benz to the luck winner Ben Cavarra. I think it's a weeks free rental for the Mercedes Benz
The highlight of the night was a new feature where Jackson Trengove went around interviewing a number of the players. It was lighthearted but informative and I think Trengove is a real asset to the club not just on the field.

I've got a bit of a cold, so I won't go into information overload. Perhaps we might get some more information from some of the other members

Grantysghost
19-06-2019, 12:24 AM
Just home from the Players Sponsors Dinner and it was another solid night at the Crown Palladium

Bains talked about the clubs journey and gave a comprehensive overview.
Acknowledgement for a number of new player sponsors. Acknowledgements for the 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years achievements
Just think back 25 year...if you can :)
There was a great quiz as they always have. One of the sponsors donated a Mercedes Benz to the luck winner Ben Cavarra. I think it's a weeks free rental for the Mercedes Benz
The highlight of the night was a new feature where Jackson Trengove went around interviewing a number of the players. It was lighthearted but informative and I think Trengove is a real asset to the club not just on the field.

I've got a bit of a cold, so I won't go into information overload. Perhaps we might get some more information from some of the other members

That's a good overview. The quiz is a lot of fun, first part was about the fightback year eg who was captain, where was the best and fairest held etc and second half was more recent player questions.
I'm lucky enough to sponsor Jackson and again even more lucky to have sat next to him for the night so I got the close up on the roaming Jackson segments which straddled dessert.

It was a light roast fair to say nothing over the top and a lot of fun. He picked on Bailey Smith, Callum Porter (who's apparently the club joke teller), and Easton in the first segment. Then went Josh Dunkley, Aaron Naughton and Bailey Dale, Brad Lynch and Josh Schache together as they're house mates and were sharing anecdotes.
I'll upload some photos and share a link. Was a great night, it's very relaxed and the players seem happy to have a chat. No coaches are present from what I can tell, or Chris Grant or Gordo. Had a good chat with Ameet Bains we are in good hands there.

http://imgur.com/gallery/NA7Ls2L

Twodogs
19-06-2019, 01:17 PM
That's a good overview. The quiz is a lot of fun, first part was about the fightback year eg who was captain, where was the best and fairest held etc and second half was more recent player questions.
I'm lucky enough to sponsor Jackson and again even more lucky to have sat next to him for the night so I got the close up on the roaming Jackson segments which straddled dessert.

It was a light roast fair to say nothing over the top and a lot of fun. He picked on Bailey Smith, Callum Porter (who's apparently the club joke teller), and Easton in the first segment. Then went Josh Dunkley, Aaron Naughton and Bailey Dale, Brad Lynch and Josh Schache together as they're house mates and were sharing anecdotes.
I'll upload some photos and share a link. Was a great night, it's very relaxed and the players seem happy to have a chat. No coaches are present from what I can tell, or Chris Grant or Gordo. Had a good chat with Ameet Bains we are in good hands there.

http://imgur.com/gallery/NA7Ls2L

Errr, Doug Hawkins and the social club at whitten oval?

GVGjr
19-06-2019, 02:29 PM
Errr, Doug Hawkins and the social club at whitten oval?

Wallis was the captain in 89, Doug in 90 and Kennedy in 88
The club was in Carlton....I'll let you work that one out

Grantysghost
19-06-2019, 05:31 PM
Wallis was the captain in 89, Doug in 90 and Kennedy in 88
The club was in Carlton....I'll let you work that one out

That actually went over my head - was it an establishment of ill repute? I remember it was Cadillac Club but I'd never heard of it!

bornadog
19-06-2019, 06:20 PM
Did anyone else register for the member forum?

There were limited seats and I received my invite today:

Thank you for registering for the 2019 member forum. We are pleased to announce that you have been successful in securing a spot at the event.

WHEN: Tuesday 25th June
TIME: 6.30pm-8pm
WHERE: Victoria University Whitten Oval
DETAILS: Hear a club update from Peter Gordon, a football update from Luke Beveridge, an AFLW update from Debbie Lee and a Redevelopment update from Ameet Bains.
Tea and coffee will be provided.

We look forward to seeing you there.

I wonder what the club is trying to achieve?

bulldogtragic
19-06-2019, 06:25 PM
Spin at a guess.

Twodogs
19-06-2019, 07:46 PM
That actually went over my head - was it an establishment of ill repute? I remember it was Cadillac Club but I'd never heard of it!

I remember the Cadillac Club at the end of Swantston street and was open much later than most clubs, except for the Lounge, the Warehouse and Users' Club. It had half a Cadillac sticking out of the entrance area. I saw someone get stabbed in there one night, talk about blood it was everywhere from arsehole to breakfast time.

Grantysghost
19-06-2019, 09:31 PM
I remember the Cadillac Club at the end of Swantston street and was open much later than most clubs, except for the Lounge, the Warehouse and Users' Club. It had half a Cadillac sticking out of the entrance area. I saw someone get stabbed in there one night, talk about blood it was everywhere from arsehole to breakfast time.

Wow sounds dodgy as.

Eastdog
20-06-2019, 04:22 PM
I believe the members forum will be livestreamed on the website. Look forward in hearing what woofers who attend get out of it.

Twodogs
20-06-2019, 10:01 PM
Wow sounds dodgy as.

It was, but it was open when most of the other clubs had shut down for the night and entry was free.

Eastdog
13-08-2019, 08:43 PM
Keen to hear any reports from the Legends and Young Guns dinner tonight? Any woofers in attendance?

josie
14-08-2019, 03:50 PM
East West dinner fun - everyone super friendly.

Bevo made surprise appearance and was mobbed like a rock star! Did not give anything away re strategy the old one week at a time line.

Bain’s spoke well about plans for WO-said Ballarat makes club $1.5M per year due to gov incentives - and that Ballarat as venue will be revised in 2 years. WO - no construction work in next 6 months, however plans being worked on for grandstand replacement (or was it renovation-sorry cannot remember but all plans have or are to include member and public consultation). He also mentioned after that a bigger higher gym is being planned so players can kick indoors!!

Bailey Smith well spoken with an optimistic outlook. Reminds me of Johnno as I have said on other posts. Growing the mullet for a charity-he, Gowers and others growing mullets have raised thousands of dollars so far. Dureya very well spoken & notes how friendly and community minded club is (whilst highlighting hawks were a good club too). Hayes had biggest laugh saying he looks forward to walking down street with his dad and someone recognises and shakes his (Will’s) hand and not his Dad.

Interview with Gia and Bobby was fun -no surprise info. Bobby not planning on coaching anyone soon. Gia loves coaching VFL. Says Jordan Russell has been beaut with knowing how chaps are going after a day on tools then training afterwards. Impressive man is our Gia and I reckon he will be our head coach one day. Bevo butted in one bit and said do not undersell what skills needed to coach vfl (even though there is obvious alignment with styles bw senior side driven by Bevo).

One of silent auction items was an amazing lifelike bulldog. Chap who was successful bidding for it is going to call it Bailey after Bailey Smith.

Anyone else who attended - did I miss any key interesting bits?

P.S. Bailey has enormous arms and broad back-boy oh boy is he going to be one impressive player physically matching the likes of Dangerfield etc soon. (We already know he is super talented).

Max469
14-08-2019, 07:00 PM
East West dinner fun - everyone super friendly.

Bevo made surprise appearance and was mobbed like a rock star! Did not give anything away re strategy the old one week at a time line.

Bain’s spoke well about plans for WO-said Ballarat makes club $1.5M per year due to gov incentives - and that Ballarat as venue will be revised in 2 years. WO - no construction work in next 6 months, however plans being worked on for grandstand replacement (or was it renovation-sorry cannot remember but all plans have or are to include member and public consultation). He also mentioned after that a bigger higher gym is being planned so players can kick indoors!!

Bailey Smith well spoken with an optimistic outlook. Reminds me of Johnno as I have said on other posts. Growing the mullet for a charity-he, Gowers and others growing mullets have raised thousands of dollars so far. Dureya very well spoken & notes how friendly and community minded club is (whilst highlighting hawks were a good club too). Hayes had biggest laugh saying he looks forward to walking down street with his dad and someone recognises and shakes his (Will’s) hand and not his Dad.

Interview with Gia and Bobby was fun -no surprise info. Bobby not planning on coaching anyone soon. Gia loves coaching VFL. Says Jordan Russell has been beaut with knowing how chaps are going after a day on tools then training afterwards. Impressive man is our Gia and I reckon he will be our head coach one day. Bevo butted in one bit and said do not undersell what skills needed to coach vfl (even though there is obvious alignment with styles bw senior side driven by Bevo).

One of silent auction items was an amazing lifelike bulldog. Chap who was successful bidding for it is going to call it Bailey after Bailey Smith.

Anyone else who attended - did I miss any key interesting bits?

P.S. Bailey has enormous arms and broad back-boy oh boy is he going to be one impressive player physically matching the likes of Dangerfield etc soon. (We already know he is super talented).

Hi Josie. You covered everything. They were all super impressive.

Bailey was at the table behind us and chatted with us for awhile. Lovely young man. Going to be a star and his physic is impressive. I remember reading that he was regimented in his meals and that showed last night. Very impressed with him.

I had been told by my Hawks supporting boss that Taylor was a great club man. He proved that last night - impressive on and off the field.

I am a fan of Will Hayes. Great to see him really coming out from behind his Dads shadow.

Robbie and Gia will never change. Good mates off field and it shows. All Gia has always wanted to coach. We have a regular conversation about being in Bevo's job. He told me he is not ready yet, I said that is ok he just signed 3 years you will be ready by then. Robbie says he is tired but would not change a thing. Both he and Gia are looking very tired.

A couple of past players were in attendance including gentleman John Schultz, Scott West and Ross Abbey.

Eastdog
11-09-2019, 08:51 PM
https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-09-11/offseason-dates

Off-season dates
Sep 11, 2019 2:01PM

Following the Bulldogs over the AFL off-season?

Here are all the important dates you need to know…

Charles Sutton Medal

The Western Bulldogs’ night of nights will be held on October 2 at Crown Palladium. Who will be crowned this year’s Charles Sutton Medallist? Will it be one of our 2019 All Australians, Marcus Bontempelli or Jack Macrae? Emerging star Josh Dunkley? Could Lachie Hunter go back-to-back? For more information, including ticketing, click here.

Pre-season returns

The Bulldogs’ first to fourth year players will return for pre-season on November 11, with all other players starting on November 25.

Trade & Free Agency

AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period – October 4 to 10
NAB AFL Trade Period (players) – October 7 to 16
AFL Trade Period (draft picks) – October 17
Applications to re-list a player close – October 18
1st AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period – November 1 to 11
2nd AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period – November 13 to 22
3rd AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period – November 28 (post-draft)

Draft

Nomination of Draft Eligible Father/Son and Academy Players – October 31
AFL Father/Son Bidding Nominations – November 22
NAB AFL Draft, round one – November 27
NAB AFL Draft, remaining selections – November 28
NAB AFL Rookie Draft – TBC, November 28 (post-draft) or November 29

*The Bulldogs currently hold picks 12, 30, 41, 46, 48 and 84

Draft Combines

AFL Draft Combine – October 1 to 4
Victoria Draft Combine – October 4
South Australia Draft Combine – October 12
Western Australia Draft Combine – October 13

List Lodgements

1st List Lodgement (including rookie promotions/retentions) – October 31
2nd List Lodgement – November 12
Final List Lodgement – December 2

Eastdog
11-09-2019, 08:52 PM
Will they stream the Charles Sutton medal on the Bulldog website?

choconmientay
02-10-2019, 08:35 PM
The stream is currently live on the Western Bulldogs app and on our beloved bulldog website https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-10-01/watch-the-2019-charles-sutton-medal-event

Eastdog
23-11-2019, 06:53 PM
I wonder when the WB annual East Meets West family day at GW will be on along with the regular annual WB family day at Whitten Oval. Will probably announce them very soon.

Eastdog
25-11-2019, 08:23 PM
https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events

Celebrate the festive season with our AFL and AFLW teams as they participate in a joint training session.

Saturday 14th December | VU Whitten Oval

Gates open at 8:30am

Eastdog
03-12-2019, 08:15 PM
Look forward to the reports from the social club event tomorrow night.

bornadog
03-12-2019, 11:46 PM
Look forward to the reports from the social club event tomorrow night.

Why don't you attend Easty, it is a great night.

Eastdog
04-12-2019, 12:05 AM

Yeah I probably should BAD in future years as lots have said it is a good event.

Axe Man
04-12-2019, 09:58 AM

Probably because the events team couldn't organise a root in a brothel at the moment.

Twodogs
04-12-2019, 01:50 PM
Probably because the events team couldn't organise a root in a brothel at the moment.

Not even if they had a fistful of fifty dollar bills shoved down the front of their jocks.

cinder
04-12-2019, 03:45 PM
Haha, it's a bit like that ... dramas every year with ticketing.

BTW anyone driving in like me, $10 parking at Marvel if you pre-book on their website beforehand.

Axe Man
04-12-2019, 03:57 PM

BTW anyone driving in like me, $10 parking at Marvel if you pre-book on their website beforehand.

According to the website the drive up rate for entry after 5pm is $10 anyway.

bornadog
04-12-2019, 05:16 PM

Train for me.

NoseBleed
04-12-2019, 09:05 PM
Slow as a wet week so far, with a host that likes to yell into the microphone.

Positive news it that Tim E looks fit and stronger.

As a very large negative, so far the replays have let us watch that tip rat Green kick two goals.

Eastdog
04-12-2019, 10:15 PM
I’m not there but for woofers that are how’s the evening going?

jazzadogs
04-12-2019, 10:57 PM
Not much of substance. Bains and Power spoke, introduced the new players. Josh Bruce the only one to speak of them - he said we're doing more skills and ball work than what he's used to from the Saints.

Nathan Burke and Ellie Blackburn were there, Burke spoke very well and seems to have a really solid understanding of women's footy.

Steven King talked up Tim English's pre season so far, but acknowledged he is heavily biased towards ruckmen. Easton Wood is very chuffed to be a new dad.

Good opportunity to walk around and chat to players if that's your go, almost all of them were there. I personally left them alone but others might have got more info from the players. Bont easily the most popular. Bevo wasn't there but it's only fair to the rest of us that he's not completely perfect.

It was quite well run in the end, no fuss about tickets at the door and the free food was decent - burritos and souvlakis.

bornadog
05-12-2019, 12:16 AM
I left early, it was a slow night and nothing happened for the first hour and a bit.

Very disappointing to say the least, especially with no Bevo or PG

The Bulldogs Bite
05-12-2019, 01:51 AM
First few of these were great but in recent years they've been average. Time to revamp it.

I haven't been since 2017 from memory.

bornadog
05-12-2019, 10:12 AM
First few of these were great but in recent years they've been average. Time to revamp it.

I didn't go last year, but my mate said it was a lot better

cinder
05-12-2019, 11:57 AM
I left early, it was a slow night and nothing happened for the first hour and a bit.

Very disappointing to say the least, especially with no Bevo or PG

Yeah we were very disappointed by that also! Apparently they can’t make time for the members.

choconmientay
05-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Because of work I came late. Beers & Foods were much better than last year and you could choose from many premium beers.

That was the only positive for me.

I went after our list manager just to ask about Buku K and Cat B but couldn't find him :(
The other questions I would have asked were if we're drafting for needs and Cody was next on the list? Why we have overlooked B Kemp and D Robertson for Cody.

He must have anticipated these questions from me hence he disappeared into the background ;)

Eastdog
05-12-2019, 05:41 PM

I became a social club member for 2016 so lucky as I got a GF ticket. How long have these events been on for?

Axe Man
05-12-2019, 06:21 PM
I became a social club member for 2016 so lucky as I got a GF ticket. How long have these events been on for?

I joined the social club in 2008. I'm not sure when I first went to one of these but I had a Facebook memory today of attending in 2011, so at least that long!

Axe Man
05-12-2019, 06:22 PM
Because of work I came late. Beers & Foods were much better than last year and you could choose from many premium beers.

That was the only positive for me.

I went after our list manager just to ask about Buku K and Cat B but couldn't find him :(
The other questions I would have asked were if we're drafting for needs and Cody was next on the list? Why we have overlooked B Kemp and D Robertson for Cody.

He must have anticipated these questions from me hence he disappeared into the background ;)

Sam was on stage early with the new recruits and draftees but after that I couldn't spot him either.

Axe Man
05-12-2019, 06:33 PM
Other than the coach and president attending, what else do people think could improve the night?

The venue in the medallion club is a million times better than the victory room. No long lines for anything (other than player photos). They get a few different people up to speak and provide a drink, food and an ice cream. If all players weren't in attendance it must have been very close to 100%. I'm not sure what else people expect?

One funny thing I saw last night was Scott West, dressed like he had just come from a building site, sitting down next to the raffle table screwing up the raffle tickets and putting them into the box for the draw. 7 best and fairests but not too precious to perform the menial tasks.

Eastdog
18-01-2020, 10:53 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/events

AFLW Practice Match v Geelong
Saturday 25 January 11am | VU Whitten Oval

AFLW Bulldogs Season Launch
Saturday 1 February 2pm | Half Acre, South Melbourne

Open Training
Saturday 8 February | VU Whitten Oval

AFL Bulldogs Season Launch
Wednesday 11 March 6:30pm | Palladium, Crown

Bulldogs in Business Breakfast
Friday 3 April 7am | Venue TBC

AFLW Best & Fairest
Thursday 23 April 7pm | River Room, Crown

Open Training
Tuesday 30 June 10am | VU Whitten Oval

Bite with the Bulldogs
Tuesday 14th July More details to come

Bulldogs in Business Lunch
Friday 31 July 12pm | Crown Aviary

Charles Sutton Medal
Wednesday 30 September 7pm | Palladium, Crown

Dates are subject to change without notification

Eastdog
18-01-2020, 11:03 PM
We should sticky this thread.

bornadog
19-01-2020, 12:21 AM

It use to be

Twodogs
19-01-2020, 11:51 AM

It use to be

Then pick a thread to unstick because there are five threads stuck and if we keep sticking threads then we will have a page of stickied threads.

GVGjr
19-01-2020, 11:55 AM
Then pick a thread to unstick because there are five threads stuck and if we keep sticking threads then we will have a page of stickied threads.

This is the issue, we would have at least 10 stickied threads. I tend to add them closer to actual events starting date

Twodogs
19-01-2020, 12:22 PM
This is the issue, we would have at least 10 stickied threads. I tend to add them closer to actual events starting date

Adding them close to the event is really the only way around it. We could have a page devoted to stickied threads but who's going to look at that? I know that I wouldn't bother.

Eastdog
19-01-2020, 01:53 PM
Yeah fair enough. Keep the stickies threads as they are. Yeah just bump it per usual closer to an event. I have just posted some key events dates for 2020.

Eastdog
28-01-2020, 09:25 PM
Got a Dogs Insider email today regarding this event.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/events/open-training?camefrom=EMCL_3210390_153588961

AFL Open Training Session February 8

The Western Bulldogs will host their next 2019-20 major open training session on Saturday 8 February at VU Whitten Oval. The event will start at 8.30am, with the team expected to train from roughly 9am to 10am. Player signing opportunities will be available following training on the boundary. The 2020 Asics merchandise range will be available for purchase, and our Bulldogs membership team will be on hand to talk through all the options ahead of the upcoming season. As always, there will be plenty of activities for the kids, including a mascot appearance, inflatable handball and kicking target, a selfie wall plus arts and crafts activities. This will be the second session after the decision was made to replace the traditional ‘family day’ event with four open training opportunities to provide more player access.

Upcoming open training sessions at Victoria University Whitten Oval are:

Saturday February 8 - AFL Training 9:00am–10:00am with boundary line signing from 10am
Tuesday March 31 (School Holidays) - AFL Training 10:00am–11:00am with boundary line signing from 11am
Tuesday June 30 (School Holidays) - AFL Training 10:00am–11:00am with boundary line signing from 11am
Please note, all times published are approximate and subject to change at late notice.

Eastdog
18-02-2020, 09:06 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/565218/bulldogs-head-west-for-community-camp

Bulldogs head west for Community Camp

Western Bulldogs will to Ballarat, Melton and Bacchus Marsh for their 2020 AFL Community Camp.

The Western Bulldogs will head west for their 2020 AFL Community Camp next Monday, visiting Ballarat, Melton and Bacchus Marsh.

Players and coaches will take part in various activities in the Bulldogs’ heartland.

School clinics, leadership talks and junior football club training visits will all feature, as will a coaching forum plus other community visits and a civic reception in Ballarat.

A meet and greet at the Bulldogs Shop in Ballarat will also be held at 4.30pm on Monday, with select players available for autographs and signings.

Now in its 18th year, the AFL Community Camp program will see 750 AFL players visit local schools, football clubs, nursing homes, hospitals and community centres across Australia.

Since 2003, the programs have reached more than 1.5 million school students across 7,500 schools and over 48,500 people in aged care facilities and hospitals. In addition, more than 101,000 children have participated in AFL super clinics since the program’s commencement.

Western Bulldogs Community Camp – Monday 24 February

Ballarat

12pm – Primary school visits
1pm – Ballarat civic reception, at Ballarat Town Hall (225 Sturt St, Ballarat)
2pm – Primary school and community venue visits
4.30pm – Junior football club training visits
4.30pm – Bulldogs Shop Meet and Greet (214 Mair St, Ballarat)
6pm – Coaching forum

Melton & Bacchus Marsh

12pm – Primary school visits
2pm – Primary school visits and community venue visits
4.30pm – Junior football club training visits

Eastdog
25-02-2020, 08:07 PM
Bulldogs in Ballarat for AFL Community Camp
Check out what the Western Bulldogs have been up to on their AFL Community Camp visit to Ballarat.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/567751/bulldogs-in-ballarat-for-afl-community-camp

Grantysghost
10-03-2020, 10:13 AM
Email from club relating to Season Launch for those that don't have access. (Regarding response to Covid-19)
------------
Thank you for your continued support of the Club. With Round 1 looming, we are launching our AFL season on Wednesday 11 March and are excited for the season ahead.

With the continuing spread of the Covid-19 virus and an increase in reported cases in Melbourne in recent days, the Club is taking a conservative approach to preserving the health of its players, our staff as well as our loyal members and fans who attend our events.

With that in mind, we are requesting that anyone:

who has returned from any overseas travel in the last 14 days; or

is experiencing signs of an infectious disease (including fever, sweats or chills),

please not attend the season launch event.

This is over and above the Australian government requirements for travellers returning from high risk countries, which include self-isolation and other medical precautions. Further information on government advice for Australian travellers, including those returning to Australia following overseas travel, is available here: https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/news-and-updates/coronavirus-covid-19

If you are unable to attend the season launch event due to the above and you notify the Club in writing, you will be provided with a full refund of your ticket price.  

Finally, Season launch is an opportunity to re-connect with fellow Bulldogs friends and families, and kisses, hugs and hand-shakes are usually the order of the night. This year we are suggesting that physical contact be limited and all of our players and staff have been instructed to avoid any physical contact in the current circumstances.

We thank you for your understanding. We look forward to seeing you there

bornadog
11-03-2020, 05:33 PM
Mark Stevens
@Stevo7AFL
·
Can confirm major changes to Dogs season launch at Crown due to Coronavirus. No pre-function with players, players won’t arrive until 8pm and won’t be as accessible. Jumper presentation and interviews but stripped back contact with fans.

GVGjr
11-03-2020, 05:35 PM
Mark Stevens
@Stevo7AFL
·
Can confirm major changes to Dogs season launch at Crown due to Coronavirus. No pre-function with players, players won’t arrive until 8pm and won’t be as accessible. Jumper presentation and interviews but stripped back contact with fans.

Yep, I was supposed to arrive there at 5.30pm for a pre function get together with the players and it got canned late on Monday

bornadog
12-03-2020, 12:14 AM
Very different Season launch tonight with players not allowed to mingle, but I am little pissed off that they canned the pre drinks as well. I bet they were costed into the $190 per head (members price).

Still turned out to be a pretty good night with everyone upbeat about the season ahead. Fletch, Clay and Biggsi were given life membership. Biggs was very funny with his speech, whereas Roberts had a lovely speech pre prepared. Clay spoke well off the cuff and you can tell he loves the club.

Bob Murphy interviewed the players and Seb Costello hosted the evening.

GVGjr
12-03-2020, 07:24 AM
Seb Costello was the host again and he is a very polished performer. Bob Murphy did the interviews but I think he is a little predictable well at least he is for me.

First interview was with Baines, Beveridge and Bontempelli. Baines mentioned we were 10% up in our membership numbers and that we would be following the state government recommendations regarding the coronavirus . Beveridge about how strong the competition is but we are well placed and thought we learned a bit after the loss to Port. Bontempelli talked about the captaincy etc
Towards the end Bevo mentioned about the sad passing of a long term player sponsor "Roy" who last his long term battle with cancer
The camera closed in and a clearly upset Bevo struggled to get through mentioning the players that Roy had sponsored over the years

I used to talk to Roy at the player sponsors, he was always in the know about team selections and injuries etc. A good footy man has left the kennel and he will be missed.

3 players were given life member awards and Fletcher Roberts provided an excellent speech, Shane Biggs delivered his speech in a typical Biggs manner and the very popular Clay Smith also talked.

There was also an interview with the leadership players of Hunter, Wallis and Dunkley and a player jumper presentation for the whole group. There was also auctions and video clips that filtered through the night

As BAD mentioned, the night was a bit more subdued than normal . They will probably put this on the website for those who are interested.

Grantysghost
12-03-2020, 08:36 AM
There were five players not in attendance including JJ and Lipinski, guess just some precautions but in current climate my mind did wander a bit; was certainly higher than normal.

Overall good night, my table had 5 of the 11 spots empty (what a waste of the tiger prawn entree!). Ameet mentioned a number of people had cancelled and had their tickets refunded. Wasnt sure about the bizarre drummer at the start.
From what I could tell the players were in attendance in another room, then walked around to back of stage for presentation (I was in foyer as the throng came through) . I didn't have an issue with it, challenging for the club and i think they pulled it off.

GVGjr
12-03-2020, 09:06 AM
There were five players not in attendance including JJ and Lipinski, guess just some precautions but in current climate my mind did wander a bit; was certainly higher than normal.

Overall good night, my table had 5 of the 11 spots empty (what a waste of the tiger prawn entree!). Ameet mentioned a number of people had cancelled and had their tickets refunded. Wasnt sure about the bizarre drummer at the start.
From what I could tell the players were in attendance in another room, then walked around to back of stage for presentation (I was in foyer as the throng came through) . I didn't have an issue with it, challenging for the club and i think they pulled it off.

Bains mentioned that about 50 members would have their tickets refunded but there were gaps on most of the tables.
Yeah, that drummer was a bit out of the norm.

bornadog
12-03-2020, 09:59 AM
No individual speeches last night. We normally would have a speech from PG, Bevo and Ameet. I guess the panel sort of covered off what they would normally say.

Twodogs
12-03-2020, 01:29 PM
I played indoor soccer last night. I was really fussy about disinfecting afterwards.

We have taken to foot touching instead of hand shaking after goals and at the end of the game.

bornadog
12-03-2020, 06:13 PM
Life membership:

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/89122604_10157950206087487_6638408517642354688_n.jpg?_nc_cat =105&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_oc=AQleCnnpGXxkEuMC2g8Z1IZDnGPeg0farlycrx4DM3WIbovElQZaI oCJjNuHI1Jjl2g&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=d2fa1597c48f3ece4783e935aeb4851b&oe=5E8E2A79

Twodogs
12-03-2020, 07:28 PM
Life membership:

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/89122604_10157950206087487_6638408517642354688_n.jpg?_nc_cat =105&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_oc=AQleCnnpGXxkEuMC2g8Z1IZDnGPeg0farlycrx4DM3WIbovElQZaI oCJjNuHI1Jjl2g&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=d2fa1597c48f3ece4783e935aeb4851b&oe=5E8E2A79

The Bullgods.

bornadog
26-02-2021, 04:29 PM
Has anyone heard if there will be a season launch this year?

Grantysghost
26-02-2021, 05:54 PM

I had a feeling when I renewed my membership it wasn't part of it this year. So I'd expect not.

GVGjr
26-02-2021, 06:53 PM
I had a feeling when I renewed my membership it wasn't part of it this year. So I'd expect not.

I think I talked to someone at the club late last year and it wasn't likely to be going ahead.

bornadog
26-02-2021, 11:27 PM
I think I talked to someone at the club late last year and it wasn't likely to be going ahead.

Disappointing, the one event I really enjoy every year, but can understand with the Covid19 situation

GVGjr
01-03-2021, 11:17 PM

Now confirmed, Tuesday 9th