PDA

View Full Version : A very Bulldog Christmas

Greystache
23-12-2016, 10:28 PM
Fox Footy has taken its love of all things Bulldog up a level. Starting 1.30am Christmas morning there's a full day of September action.

Elim final
Semi final
Prelim final
GF parade
GF breakfast
Longest kick comp
GF pre-game
Grand Final
Post-game
GF Bounce
GF AFL 360
GF again!

All back to back

Twodogs
23-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Where's the grand final sprint?

Greystache
23-12-2016, 11:04 PM
Where's the grand final sprint?

It's part of the halftime entertainment during the GF coverage isn't it?

Twodogs
24-12-2016, 12:13 AM
It's part of the halftime entertainment during the GF coverage isn't it?

Hope so. By all accounts it was hilarious but I was pacing up and down outside the MCG chain smoking when it was ran and I haven't seen it since-who watches the quarter breaks when watching replays?

Danny the snakeman
24-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Gotta love fox footy.

Twodogs
24-12-2016, 09:20 PM
Gotta love fox footy.

I love bulldogs footy.

LostDoggy
25-12-2016, 12:07 AM
Will have to try and fight off the mid arvo Nana Nap after a big lunch and a few Beveridge's ;)

Throughandthrough
25-12-2016, 11:28 PM
I had a quiet afternoon so watched the match again on fox (and the after match stuff) even though I have the match on bluray and DVD. Fkn love it! What a match. What a day, what a year.

KT31
26-12-2016, 02:02 AM
I had a quiet afternoon so watched the match again on fox (and the after match stuff) even though I have the match on bluray and DVD. Fkn love it! What a match. What a day, what a year.

Me too, best Christmas day ever.

bornadog
26-12-2016, 01:31 PM
Me too, best Christmas day ever.
Ditto:)

AndrewP6
26-12-2016, 09:06 PM
Recorded the stuff I hadn't seen. Watched the parade earlier, watching the pregame now... Strangely, getting very nervous all over again !:D I hope we can get up in this game. :cool: Thanks Fox Footy!

AndrewP6
26-12-2016, 11:11 PM
I'm not a Eddie McGuire fan, but in the after match show, his obvious enjoyment of our win was terrific to see. He was effusive in his praise.

Twodogs
27-12-2016, 12:51 AM
Recorded the stuff I hadn't seen. Watched the parade earlier, watching the pregame now... Strangely, getting very nervous all over again !:D I hope we can get up in this game. :cool: Thanks Fox Footy!

I still tense up watching the prelim.

azabob
28-12-2016, 06:19 PM

Did we get up?

Twodogs
28-12-2016, 08:58 PM
Did we get up?

Easty is probably still out celebrating.

AndrewP6
28-12-2016, 10:18 PM
Did we get up?

We stuck it right up 'em!!!!

Bulldog4life
29-12-2016, 10:05 AM
I'm not a Eddie McGuire fan, but in the after match show, his obvious enjoyment of our win was terrific to see. He was effusive in his praise.

Watched that again yesterday via Youtube. I thought the whole panel with the exception of Dermie were excited. Eddie was exceptional. Browny of course being a cousin of Picken was extremely happy and proud.

bornadog
29-12-2016, 10:26 AM
Watched that again yesterday via Youtube. I thought the whole panel with the exception of Dermie were excited. Eddie was exceptional. Browny of course being a cousin of Picken was extremely happy and proud.

Not sure what is on Youtube, but on the Foxfooty replay Dermie was close to tears.

Bulldog4life
29-12-2016, 10:34 AM
Not sure what is on Youtube, but on the Foxfooty replay Derie was close to tears.

Fair enough but just comparing him to the others. The others were more effusive.

Twodogs
29-12-2016, 12:48 PM

Yeah Brownie got me all teary talking about Picken. I can remember that he said he thought his heart was going to beat of of his chest with pride when Picken kicked the last goal. High praise from the big man.

Bulldog4life
29-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Yeah Brownie got me all teary talking about Picken. I can remember that he said he thought his heart was going to beat of of his chest with pride when Picken kicked the last goal. High praise from the big man.

He also mentioned that his wife once said he was born without tear ducts and couldn't believe how he teared up at the Grand Final.

Twodogs
29-12-2016, 02:25 PM
He also mentioned that his wife once said he was born without tear ducts and couldn't believe how he teared up at the Grand Final.

I think it's the mark of the sort of bloke that Jonathan Brown is that given his own acheivements what he gets genuinely emotional about is seeing someone close have that same experience and achieve the same thing.

Twodogs
30-12-2016, 03:30 PM

Now that I think about it I can remember a few women saying (well shouting actually) the same thing at me. Ot was never in a playful, happy way.
Maybe it wasn't a piece of constructive criticism from Mrs Brown...