PDA

View Full Version : Western Bulldogs - 2017 JLT Community Series Ticketing Information

Eastdog
31-01-2017, 12:48 AM
From the club today via email

The 2017 JLT Community Series is just around the corner, which will see AFL football return to Victoria University Whitten Oval, with the Western Bulldogs to host Melbourne at the Kennel on Saturday 18 February at 4.40pm. Members wanting to cheer on our AFLW team will have the chance to watch them take on Melbourne in our double header that evening at 7.40pm.

The Western Bulldogs will also face Brisbane (7.40pm EDT, Thursday 2 March) at Etihad Stadium and Gold Coast SUNS (4.50pm EDT, Thursday 9 March) up north at Metricon Stadium to round out our three pre-season match fixture.

2017 Western Bulldogs members have the benefit of accessing* JLT Community Series matches as part of their membership. This means members will be able to scan their membership card at the gate to gain entry subject to capacity.

For the Club’s match against Melbourne at Victoria University Whitten Oval, due to the venue’s limited capacity and considering the anticipated demand for this match, we strongly advise that all members guarantee their entry by using their membership card to upgrade to a grandstand seat or register for a general admission ticket.

Member upgrades and registrations are subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis and subject to an additional fee. Transaction fees may also apply. Members can upgrade via Ticketmaster by entering their membership barcode.

Club members have exclusive access to a pre-sale period, operating from 9:00am – 5:00pm, Tuesday 31 January, 2017.
JLT Community Series tickets will then go on-sale to the general public from 9:00am, Wednesday 1 February.

This is going to be a fantastic day with footy back at our spiritual home so ensure you are prepared in advance to make your experience at the game a great one.

Go Dogs!
Western Bulldogs Membership

*Access to the JLT Community Series matches is subject to availability and capacity and is not guaranteed. Additional fees and charges may apply.

Eastdog
31-01-2017, 08:16 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/jlt-community-series

2017 JLT Community Series & AFLW Ticketing Information
Ticket Prices

TICKET TYPE RESERVED SEAT GENERAL ADMISSION
Adult $30.00 $20.00
Concession $25.00 $15.00
Junior $10.00 $5.00
Family (2 adults, up to 4 juniors under 15) $60.00 $40.00
Adult Member Upgrade $10.00 $5.00
Concession Member Upgrade $10.00 $5.00
Junior Member Upgrade $5.00 $3.00
All prices are subject to additional ticket agent fees.

* Reserved Seat tickets are not available at the following venues:

Narrandera Sports Stadium
Broadbeach Sports Club
Casey Fields
Wonthella Oval
North Melbourne Recreation Reserve
Rushton Park
Richmond Oval
Malseed Park
Ted Summerton Reserve Moe
Hickinbotham Oval
Queen Elizabeth Oval Bendigo
Lavington Sports Ground Albury
On-sale dates

Club/AFL Member pre-sale: 9am – 5pm Tuesday January 31
General Public on-sale: 9am Wednesday February 1

Club Member Access

Once again, AFL and Club access members will have free general admission entry to those matches in which their Club is competing (subject to availability, upgrade fees may be applicable). Some restrictions may apply for non-access members. To confirm your eligibility, please contact your club.

Access to JLT Community Series matches is subject to capacity and is not guaranteed. The AFL recommends that members upgrade their membership to a reserved seat or register for a general admission ticket in order to guarantee entry. Membership upgrades and registrations are subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis and subject to an additional fee. Transaction fees may also apply.

AFLW/JLT Community Series Double Headers

AFLW matches will be free entry unless they are combined with a JLT Community Series or AFL Premiership match.

The following applies for AFLW/JLT Community Series double headers;

Double header match – played after a 2017 JLT Community Series match

Gates will be opened to the public for free entry to the NAB AFL Women’s match at the end of the third quarter of the preceding JLT Community Series match. A ticket will need to be purchased for entry to the JLT Community Series match in its entirety.

Double header match – played before a 2017 JLT Community Series match

A ticket to the 2017 JLT Community Series match will need to be purchased for entry to both matches, as per the above details.

AFL and Club members who are eligible to receive access to JLT Community Series matches and AFL Premiership matches in which their Club is participating will also receive free access for JLT Community Series matches or AFL Premiership Season matches that are double headers with an AFLW match in which their AFLW team is playing.

Junior Policy

Children aged 6-14 as at 1 January 2017 are eligible to purchase a junior ticket. Children aged 5 and under as at 1 January 2017 are entitled to enter the ground at no charge; however they must not occupy a seat.

Persons aged 15 and over as at 1 January 2017 are classified as an adult, unless they hold valid Concession identification.

Please note:

Club members are required to upgrade to a ticket that is equivalent to the type of membership that they hold (i.e Adult members can only upgrade to an Adult ticket)
The AFL is a National Affiliate of the Companion Card program and we agree to provide an admission ticket for the cardholder's companion at no charge. The Companion Card program is applicable at all AFL Venues.

Family Tickets

Family tickets for the JLT Community Challenge are for two adults and up to four juniors under the age of 15 as at 1 January 2017. The following will be available to purchase:

Family of 4 – 2 adults and 2 juniors
Family of 5 – 2 adults and 3 juniors
Family of 6 – 2 adults and 4 juniors

Eastdog
31-01-2017, 08:25 PM
Certainly keen to go to the match at Whitten Oval.

Twodogs
01-02-2017, 12:43 AM
I love how a transaction fee "might" apply if you want to register for a ticket to the Melbourne game. I'd say it's more a case that the transaction fee "definitely might" apply. They live to apply fees to e a toy those sorts of transactions.

bornadog
06-02-2017, 12:24 PM
Who's burning?

Skipper Robert Murphy believes he'll play the majority of the JLT Community Series and round one of premiership season after few problems in his return from a knee reconstruction. Recruit Travis Cloke looks slimmer and ready to prove he still has plenty to offer at senior level following the key forward's disappointing end to his time at Collingwood. Third-year wingman Bailey Dale has added bulk to his once slender frame and looks set to add to his 14 career games. A beautiful kick and mover, the Edithvale-Aspendale product is tailor-made for Luke Beveridge's 'fast footy' gameplan.

Who's not?

Versatile playmaker Matt Suckling didn't start running until after Christmas due to an Achilles problem that robbed him of a spot in the Dogs' 2016 premiership side. The former Hawk must be in doubt for the start of the season proper. Key forward Jack Redpath and utility Josh Prudden are still in the rehab group as they continue their returns from ACL tears. - Ryan Davidson

other teams here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-02-06/whos-burning-up-the-track)

Topdog
06-02-2017, 12:59 PM
Do we need to buy tickets for this or can we just rock up? I'm ok to sit on grass with my kids.

bornadog
06-02-2017, 01:15 PM
Do we need to buy tickets for this or can we just rock up? I'm ok to sit on grass with my kids.

Reading this:

Club Member Access

Once again, AFL and Club access members will have free general admission entry to those matches in which their Club is competing (subject to availability, upgrade fees may be applicable). Some restrictions may apply for non-access members. To confirm your eligibility, please contact your club.

Access to JLT Community Series matches is subject to capacity and is not guaranteed. The AFL recommends that members upgrade their membership to a reserved seat or register for a general admission ticket in order to guarantee entry. Membership upgrades and registrations are subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis and subject to an additional fee. Transaction fees may also apply.

You may be ok

Eastdog
06-02-2017, 01:53 PM
So we could probably just get in solely with our membership even to the Whitten Oval match. Would be only if we get in with our membership get the standing areas GA at WO as I assuming you'll have to pay a little bit to get a grandstand seat.

Twodogs
06-02-2017, 05:52 PM

Depends on what they might might do with the transition fee.

Topdog
06-02-2017, 06:00 PM
I checked, the fee is $2.95

Eastdog
06-02-2017, 08:13 PM

Yeah I'm not fussed if I sit or stand as its only a pre season game will just be good to watch footy at the Whitten Oval.

LostDoggy
06-02-2017, 10:40 PM
Think you need to get a ticket as they are expecting it to be a lockout for this one vs Melbourne. Today I heard they are thinking of moving the match to a bigger venue!!

aker39
07-02-2017, 10:16 AM
This match is part of a double header with the women playing Melbourne at 7.40pm.

On the Women's fixture it says that entry will be free from 3/4 time of the men's match.

Webby
07-02-2017, 10:39 AM
Think you need to get a ticket as they are expecting it to be a lockout for this one vs Melbourne. Today I heard they are thinking of moving the match to a bigger venue!!

Moving it would be a mistake. The opportunity of a bit of a carnival atmosphere at WO is too good to pass on.

Topdog
07-02-2017, 11:15 AM
Moving it would be a mistake. The opportunity of a bit of a carnival atmosphere at WO is too good to pass on.

Its too late to move anyway

Twodogs
07-02-2017, 12:20 PM
Its too late to move anyway

And we would have held back a heap of infrastructure from last week for this week.

Eastdog
11-02-2017, 05:57 PM
Weather next Saturday 19 and a possible shower. Nice and cool. Good conditions for footy.

Twodogs
12-02-2017, 12:27 PM
Weather next Saturday 19 and a possible shower. Nice and cool. Good conditions for footy.

What a strange forecast for Febuary. And it's been so lovely most of summer too.

Such a beautiful day today for instance.

Eastdog
12-02-2017, 08:18 PM
What a strange forecast for Febuary. And it's been so lovely most of summer too.

Such a beautiful day today for instance.

Compared to years previous this summer has been great. We have been very lucky here particular more Southern Victoria. NSW and QLD not so good this summer.

AndrewP6
12-02-2017, 10:13 PM
Compared to years previous this summer has been great. We have been very lucky here particular more Southern Victoria. NSW and QLD not so good this summer.

Great if you like cooler, not-very-summery weather.

Eastdog
12-02-2017, 10:27 PM
Great if you like cooler, not-very-summery weather.

I love your typical sunny summer day of between 23-28 degrees.

AndrewP6
12-02-2017, 11:09 PM
I love your typical sunny summer day of between 23-28 degrees.
To me that's early autumn. Give me 30+ any day.

Twodogs
12-02-2017, 11:34 PM

I agree. Give me a mild summer anytime. Those blast furnace summers are awful to get through.

I really notice the heat more now that I don't play cricket anymore. On a scrorching summers day out in the field you just have to cope, there's no point whinging or even worrying about it overly. So you find coping mechanisms even if it's as simple as lifting your cap up and then dropping it again to enjoy the slightly less hot air getting trapped in your hair and inside of the cap or wearing a knotted hankie around your neck.

I let the heat get to me nowadays. No context, no thinking "oh well it was much worse chasing leather around on Saturday"

But getting back to Saturday, being too hot looks like being our last problem. 18 and rain was the last I heard. Typical Whitten Oval day.

Eastdog
13-02-2017, 01:04 AM
To me that's early autumn. Give me 30+ any day.

Between 30-35 is ok but over 35+ is getting hot.

GVGjr
13-02-2017, 03:05 AM
Good exchange, time to get back on topic please.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
13-02-2017, 05:03 PM
I bought tickets just in case it's a lock out

Eastdog
13-02-2017, 08:23 PM
From the club today via email

The Western Bulldogs would like to advise our AFL access* members that our upcoming JLT Community Series match against Melbourne this Saturday 18 February (4.40pm EDT) at Victoria University Whitten Oval is selling fast, with grandstand seating now sold out.

Due to the venue’s limited capacity and considering the anticipated demand for both this match and our AFLW match at 7.40pm, we strongly advise that all members guarantee their entry by using their membership card to register for a general admission ticket.

Member registrations are subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis and subject to an additional fee. Transaction fees may also apply. Members can register via Ticketmaster by entering their membership barcode.

If you are coming along to the match we also advise to allow plenty of time to arrive at the venue and take public transport where possible as car parking options are limited.

This is going to be a fantastic day with footy back at our spiritual home so ensure you are prepared in advance to make your experience at the game a great one.

Go Dogs!
Western Bulldogs Membership

*Access to the JLT Community Series matches is subject to availability and capacity and is not guaranteed. Additional fees and charges may apply.

Danny the snakeman
14-02-2017, 02:26 AM
I bought tickets just in case it's a lock out

They are free if your a member, put my barcodes in on the ticketmaster site for a test. Can print for free too.

Topdog
14-02-2017, 12:53 PM
They are free if your a member, put my barcodes in on the ticketmaster site for a test. Can print for free too.

It's $5 per membership to upgrade plus a $2.95 transaction fee.

Danny the snakeman
14-02-2017, 04:41 PM
It's $5 per membership to upgrade plus a $2.95 transaction fee.

Apologies i didn't go that extra click.

Eastdog
14-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Got my ticket today :) Great that we as members get the discount as if you are just general public a full adult ticket GA standing costs around $20.

bornadog
14-02-2017, 05:18 PM
Got my ticket today :) Great that we as members get the discount as if you are just general public a full adult ticket costs around $20.

$20 :eek: just for a practise match.

Eastdog
14-02-2017, 05:30 PM
$20 :eek: just for a practise match.

Yes I was thinking the same thing as well BAD. It is a quite a bit just for a practice match.

TICKET TYPE RESERVED SEAT GENERAL ADMISSION
Adult $30.00 $20.00
Concession $25.00 $15.00
Junior $10.00 $5.00
Family (2 adults, up to 4 juniors under 15) $60.00 $40.00
Adult Member Upgrade $10.00 $5.00
Concession Member Upgrade $10.00 $5.00
Junior Member Upgrade $5.00 $3.00

Topdog
15-02-2017, 10:14 AM
Apologies i didn't go that extra click.

hahaha no worries, I did the same initially and then thought it was very sneaky that on the very last screen it showed a $5 upgrade. It's not much but for me with 2 kids and I'm still not sure I can go it would be a waste of $18 if I can't go at the end.

Twodogs
15-02-2017, 05:35 PM
hahaha no worries, I did the same initially and then thought it was very sneaky that on the very last screen it showed a $5 upgrade. It's not much but for me with 2 kids and I'm still not sure I can go it would be a waste of $18 if I can't go at the end.

Makes you think twice doesn't it?

What TV is covering it? If it's Foxtel then I'm going to be in the faintly ridiculous situation of walking past the football ground where the game is being played to get to the pub to watch the game on TV.

bornadog
15-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Makes you think twice doesn't it?

What TV is covering it? If it's Foxtel then I'm going to be in the faintly ridiculous situation of walking past the football ground where the game is being played to get to the pub to watch the game on TV.

I bet it won't be a sellout (except grandstand) and you will get in for free with your membership.

Twodogs
15-02-2017, 06:24 PM
I bet it won't be a sellout (except grandstand) and you will get in for free with your membership.

I will try as I go past.

bornadog
15-02-2017, 06:28 PM
I will try as I go past.

I rarely go to the preseason games, so I won't be there.

Twodogs
15-02-2017, 07:33 PM
I rarely go to the preseason games, so I won't be there.

To tell the truth I'm having real trouble building up the energy to go to the blokes glorified practice match but I'm really looking forward to AFeLW to follow. I'm really curious to know how the girls will react to last week's loss.

Eastdog
15-02-2017, 10:55 PM
No point in making another thread so ill put it here:

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-02-14/double-header-match-info

Double header match information
February 14, 2017 12:47 PM

Ticket Information: AFL/AFLW Double Header
JLT Community Series Western Bulldogs v Melbourne/AFLW Round 3 Western Bulldogs v Melbourne

Saturday 18 February
Gates Open 2:30pm

JLT Community Series (AFL) First Bounce 4:40pm
AFLW First Bounce 7:40pm

Ticketing

With large crowds expected, and limited capacity, find out how you can guarantee your seat at VU Whitten Oval on Saturday.

Getting there

Train
VU Whitten Oval is a short stroll from West Footscray station - on the Sunbury/Watergardens line.

Tram
By tram from the city, catch the #57 West Maribyrnong service.

The #57 links at Maribyrnong Road with the #82, which passes within a one kilometre walk of the ground.

Bus
Routes: 410; Sunshine – Footscray, 411; Laverton Railway Station - Altona Meadows – Altona – Footscray (via Millers Road), 412; Laverton - Altona Meadows – Altona – Footscray (via Mills Street), 414; Laverton - Footscray 472 - Williamstown - Moonee Ponds via Footscray. Stops a street away from the ground on Geelong Road. 220 - Sunshine - Gardenvale via City & Footscray. Stops outside the ground in Barkly Street. 219 - Sunshine West - Gardenvale via City & Footscray. Stops around the corner from the ground on Barkly Street. 216 - Caroline Springs - Brighton Beach via City & Footscray. Stops around the corner from the ground on Barkly Street

Social media

Follow @westernbulldogs and @BulldogsW for live updates throughout both matches.

For more information about pre-match entertainment, food options and a wide range of exciting activities for the whole family click HERE.

Exclusive to westernbulldogs.com.au