PDA

View Full Version : Tom Libba - 100 games

bornadog
26-03-2017, 03:07 PM
Congratulations to Libba on 100 games this week against The Swans.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7zl2mcVQAA7hBp.jpg:large

bulldogtragic
26-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Here's to the next 200.

Eastdog
26-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Congrats Libba. He has done a lot in 100 games.

Rocco Jones
26-03-2017, 04:05 PM
bad, where'd you get the picture from ?

Doc26
26-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Congratulations to Libba on 100 games this week against The Swans.

The magical milestone to hopefully one day seeing Libba Jnr Jnr run out in the RWB.

bornadog
26-03-2017, 09:55 PM
bad, where'd you get the picture from ?

Twitter

ratsmac
27-03-2017, 12:10 AM
Congrats Libba you absolute legend. How can you not love this bloke?

It's hard to believe he's only played 100 games (well 99), feels like he's been around a lot longer. He certainly plays like a seasoned veteran.

GVGjr
27-03-2017, 02:48 AM
He's such a determined bloke. He works as hard as his old man and that's saying something.

comrade
27-03-2017, 11:26 AM
Just a born footballer. If you can't love this bloke, you're not a Bulldogs supporter. He is everything that is good about our club. A rascal, humble, the ultimate teammate and just bloody good at the game.

Mofra
27-03-2017, 11:43 AM
For years was the first to fly the flag for us. Would love him to play a blinder this weekend

Twodogs
27-03-2017, 12:51 PM
He will play 400 games.

Mantis
27-03-2017, 01:25 PM
For years was the first to fly the flag for us.

Still is.. He was front & centre in all the niggles and scraps through the finals.

Always wondered why it was said 'his team-mates love playing with him'... When you watch him closely you can see why.

Eastdog
27-03-2017, 03:01 PM
He will play 400 games.

100 up, 300 to go and well on the way.

Rocket Science
28-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Hang on, isn't it 101 games?

http://i65.tinypic.com/5tvq77.jpg

Gun.

Twodogs
28-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Hang on, isn't it 101 games?

http://i65.tinypic.com/5tvq77.jpg

Gun.

Nah. That guy played in the ruck.

merantau
28-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Gotta luv Libba - such a competitor. He can always be relied on and can call on another gear when we need him. Love his personality and love the way he colonised Heath Shaw's head in the Prelim. Tony must be very proud of Tom. Great players both.

Twodogs
28-03-2017, 11:33 PM
One of my daughter's middle names is Liberatore. My ex wife and I picked a name (Lucy, she looked like a Lucy) and a name each that meant something special to each of us. I went for Liberatore.

LostDoggy
30-03-2017, 01:35 AM
My youngest daughters initials are EJ.

But yeah I love libba, prefered last weeks haircut too.

Twodogs
30-03-2017, 11:23 AM
My youngest daughters initials are EJ.

But yeah I love libba, prefered last weeks haircut too.

We are a fanatical breed. MJP managed to get Dempsey in as one of his kids (sorry Mike I can't remember which one-was it the last?) first names. Another poster named his son Daniel after Daniel Cross. I notice the guy who wrote the Grand Final review in The Book of Grand Finals (1938-77) is a Multi generational bulldog supporter named Roger something after Roger Duffy. Roger something was born soon after the premiership (still love saying it!) but his heavily pregnant mum went to the game.

LostDoggy
30-03-2017, 02:31 PM
We are a fanatical breed. MJP managed to get Dempsey in as one of his kids (sorry Mike I can't remember which one-was it the last?) first names. Another poster named his son Daniel after Daniel Cross. I notice the guy who wrote the Grand Final review in The Book of Grand Finals (1938-77) is a Multi generational bulldog supporter named Roger something after Roger Duffy. Roger something was born soon after the premiership (still love saying it!) but his heavily pregnant mum went to the game.

Haha, my capture of the EJ initials was very opportunistic. The missus family middle names all start with a J. When the missus suggested Alicia as a first name, I said ok but the spelling needs to be Elisha. EJ it was!

LostDoggy
30-03-2017, 02:32 PM
The eldest daughter is named BontiGrantWestJohno.

Nah just kidding we called her Doug.

Just kidding.

Twodogs
30-03-2017, 06:13 PM
The Hawk?

Mofra
31-03-2017, 12:31 PM
I named my daughter Griffen which was sad as we had to put her up for adoption two years ago

bornadog
31-03-2017, 04:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8MshmhVwAAXze4.jpg:large

bornadog
31-03-2017, 05:15 PM
From Westernbulldogs .com.au

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjKpea2kdgU&feature=youtu.be

Drunken Bum
31-03-2017, 07:49 PM
For such a great player that's a pretty ordinary highlights reel, it's what i love about Libba, nothing fancy about him at all just gets the job done, far and away my favourite player <3

boydogs
01-04-2017, 03:40 AM
For such a great player that's a pretty ordinary highlights reel, it's what i love about Libba, nothing fancy about him at all just gets the job done, far and away my favourite player <3

It's hard to make a highlight reel for a clearance machine

Twodogs
01-04-2017, 05:15 PM
I named my daughter Griffen which was sad as we had to put her up for adoption two years ago

Hopefully the kid you got in return will bring you many happy memories. You never know they might even become premier one day.

SlimPickens
04-04-2017, 09:30 AM
30 tackles and 90 pressure acts in two games. Some blokes are lucky to achieve that in a season. Amazing team first attitude by Tom.

Webby
04-04-2017, 09:52 AM
Saw a stat last night that Libba had Collingwood's top 3 midfielders combined covered for these stats. (Peldlebury, Treloar and Adams)

It was pointed to as the reason why we're a premiership team and Collingwood are crap.

I have a suspicion that umpires nowadays have a peak at the stats prior to casting Brownlow votes. (There hasn't been a Brownlow boil over for years and years, now.) if so, I hope they're savvy enough to recognise the ultra importance of the defensive side of the game and count defensive acts as well as tackles.

If they do that, Libba's more likely to win a Brownlow than the flashier, but less valuable Treloar types... Which is the way it should be.

1eyedog
04-04-2017, 10:34 AM
Bucks was a one way runner not surprising his three best mids are the same. You can include Sidebottom in that list.

Twodogs
04-04-2017, 11:44 AM
Good thing they off loaded Thomas when they did.

comrade
05-04-2017, 07:57 AM
Seems like he's been tasked with being Bevo's defensive chief in the middle. He won't get the plaudits that Bont does, but his role is just as important.

jazzadogs
05-04-2017, 08:35 AM
Bucks was a one way runner not surprising his three best mids are the same. You can include Sidebottom in that list.

It was Sidebottom, not Adams, included in the stat from memory. One particularly bewildering comment on Twitter was "What next, going to compare Daniel Talia and Taylor Walker's goal kicking stats??"...salty opposition fans are salty

choconmientay
05-04-2017, 10:15 AM
TrippleM
Jay Clark On The Western Bulldogs Gun Flying Way Under The Radar (https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/jay-clark-on-the-western-bulldogs-gun-flying-way-under-the-radar?station=melbourne)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jay Clark has identified Western Bulldogs midfielder Tom Liberatore as an unsung hero at the club, saying he is "flying under the radar".

Liberatore has started the 2017 season with a bang, notching 30 tackles and a whopping 90 pressure acts in the first two rounds.

For perspective, Lin Jong is the next best at the club for tackles with 21, and Marcus Bontempelli the next best for pressure acts with 45.

Clark gave him plenty of praise on the Sunday Rub.

"What's flying under the radar is Tommy Liberatore," he said on Triple M.

"He's notched 30 tackles in his first two rounds this season, 16 on the weekend. And (he) now owns the record for two of the top four pressure acts since 1999...again another 44 pressure acts on the weekend."

Wayne Carey agreed, praising Liberatore for what he does.

"He's sensational. I think he's been sensational from the time he got there," he said.

"Considering he's had a knee reco as well, to come like he has, he's remarkable."

Carey said Liberatore should be lauded way more than he is.

"I'm glad you brought him up, because he probably doesn't get the accolades that he deserves," he said.

"Probably because that (pressure) is more of a focus than a (Marcus) Bontempelli that does the flashy things, but he's every bit as important to the Bulldogs as what Bontempelli is to the Bulldogs."

Paul Roos agreed.

"I reckon that's a great point, Duck," he said.

"Everyone sees the goals and everyone sees the Paul Puopolo mark, and the things that are really obvious to everyone.

"I guarantee he would be as valued as Bontempelli at that football club, because of what he does and the way he goes about it. But we don't get to see (that).

"Internally at that football club he would be extremely well valued."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1eyedog
05-04-2017, 10:18 AM

I was within a Bee's proverbial of calling my son Griffen as well.