PDA

View Full Version : The Tigers are roaring again

Dry Rot
21-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Tiger fans are roaring again, with their team undefeated and with a soft 2017 draw.

Are they the real deal this year and will make the finals?

Or are they only April Premiers, and fool's gold yet again?

comrade
21-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Man, are journos and footy fans being serious with this? I haven't watched them a great deal I'll be honest but I can't see how they've improved from a uber-crap team last year to a finals bound one without major injections of talent?

IMO, they're a worse version of North Melbourne v2016. Propped up by a soft draw and a good injury run to start the year.

Will not make finals or if they do, will bomb out first week.

Topdog
21-04-2017, 03:54 PM
I'll let you know in a month but I suspect they will fall away badly. I still don't think they look great and have beaten no one.

But 4-0 is 4-0 so got to give them a little respect for the start.

Twodogs
21-04-2017, 04:46 PM
I'll let you know in a month but I suspect they will fall away badly. I still don't think they look great and have beaten no one.

This. We can downplay it all we like (and I think it's a bit of a rubbery figure) but the fact is they are 4-0. But give them a month or so and make a call then.

ratsmac
21-04-2017, 05:00 PM
4-0 is a great start this day and age no matter who you are! They have had a piss easy draw but a win is a win. We'll get a genuine feel by about round 8 or 9 I reckon with the tiges. Confidence mixed with momentum is an amazing thing. And when their ferals find some voice they can generate an intimidating atmosphere.

Ozza
21-04-2017, 05:09 PM
I think they will make the finals. True they've had a soft draw so far - but they can't do much more than beat the teams they've come up against, and the 4-0 (possibly 5-0) start means they will be hard to toss for a finals spot. I think they'll drop a bit and finish 7th or 8th.

I don't have a big problem with Richmond - they've never been remotely successful in my lifetime, and haven't ever really had cause to hate them - and unlike what we have seen from Carlton and Essendon (and will see from Hawthorn) their supporters don't drop off despite a spectacularly unsuccessful 36 year period.

ledge
21-04-2017, 07:39 PM
I think they are going well and good on them . At least they haven't cheated and they have served a long time without success , must say my favourite grand final I had seen before last year was when they beat the pies in 1980 and our bulldog supporting KB ran havoc.

boydogs
22-04-2017, 02:51 AM
They've had a few players step up. Martin's gone to another level, Rioli and Castagna are doing good things up forward. Won't stay top 4 but could make finals

jeemak
22-04-2017, 04:18 AM
I really hate the incessant need to rate teams after four to six weeks. The competition takes time to sort itself out over six to twelve rounds depending on the year, the media just need to churn anything into a pantomime before it does and it's tiring.

They've had a good start, let's see them cope with a few injuries and decent competition.

GVGjr
22-04-2017, 08:53 AM
They've had a few players step up. Martin's gone to another level, Rioli and Castagna are doing good things up forward. Won't stay top 4 but could make finals

I've seen a bit of them and I think you've called this accurately. There has certainly been some improvement despite the favorable draw. I don't think they can maintain things but the next month will provide a more accurate position.

I work with a number of Richmond fans and they've been very quiet about their start. They don't quite have the faith yet.

Sedat
22-04-2017, 09:43 AM
Man, are journos and footy fans being serious with this? I haven't watched them a great deal I'll be honest but I can't see how they've improved from a uber-crap team last year to a finals bound one without major injections of talent?

IMO, they're a worse version of North Melbourne v2016. Propped up by a soft draw and a good injury run to start the year.

Will not make finals or if they do, will bomb out first week.
Game plan has changed significantly from the last few years and they have much better depth in the midfield, allowing them the luxury of playing the likes of Martin forward of centre. Their VFL team is full of players that were fixtures in the senior team over the last few years but aren't getting a game now due to lack of pace and the change to much quicker ball movement.

I don't think they are true contenders this year but they have certainly traded and drafted well in the off-season. They made out like bandits for Deledio.

bornadog
22-04-2017, 09:53 AM
I really hate the incessant need to rate teams after four to six weeks. The competition takes time to sort itself out over six to twelve rounds depending on the year, the media just need to churn anything into a pantomime before it does and it's tiring.

They've had a good start, let's see them cope with a few injuries and decent competition.

I am with you on that. How many articles have we seen about us and how we are losing clearances and the men of mayhem has disappeared, blah blah blah. It is a long season and there is alot out there still to play before the ladder sorts it self out.

Remi Moses
22-04-2017, 05:56 PM
Good start, get back to me in 10 weeks .

Dry Rot
25-04-2017, 12:49 AM
Great second half tonight.

Tigers building credibility.

Young Rioli is terrific. What draft pick was he?

Twodogs
25-04-2017, 01:01 AM

Pick 15 from memory.

Dry Rot
25-04-2017, 01:02 AM
Pick 15 from memory.

Thanks. I reckon he's great.

comrade
25-04-2017, 01:02 AM

Credibility? I know you have a soft spot for the Tiges and I don't really begrudge them their run of wins but tonight's result should have given them no extra credibility. Only limped over the top of the Dees due to them being a ruckman down. Nankervis had a field day.

Dry Rot
25-04-2017, 01:06 AM
Credibility? I know you have a soft spot for the Tiges and I don't really begrudge them their run of wins but tonight's result should have given them no extra credibility. Only limped over the top of the Dees due to them being a ruckman down. Nankervis had a field day.

I'm a big Rance fan and really enjoyed that season where they had to win every game to make the finals.

However, I suspect that reality will come crushing in, starting at Adelaide Oval next week.

Obviously I want us to win 2 in row, but if we can't and the Crows or Tigers (unlikely) do it, good luck to them.

As long as the Giants and the bloody Cats don't win it.

MrMahatma
25-04-2017, 08:46 AM
GWS and the Crows look the best. Then prob Cats. Then there's a bunch (of which we're one) that are hard to place. Tigers are in there.

bornadog
25-04-2017, 10:03 AM
GWS and the Crows look the best. Then prob Cats. Then there's a bunch (of which we're one) that are hard to place. Tigers are in there.

I am still not sold on the Cats. I watched the game on Sunday, and the Saints were all over them, they just didn't play the same way in the last quarter and the Cats ran all over them.

At this stage of the year, The Crows are the ones to beat.

Remi Moses
25-04-2017, 07:15 PM
Definite improvers and recruited well . I reckon Sydney would prefer Nankervis over Tippet .
They've had a pretty kind draw, but they've beaten teams they lost to last season

Topdog
01-05-2017, 04:42 AM
Will be interesting how to see how they react to that smashing

Ozza
01-05-2017, 10:11 AM
Hopefully they react poorly!

bornadog
01-05-2017, 10:38 AM
Will be interesting how to see how they react to that smashing

Interesting to see how we react to our loss.

Dry Rot
14-05-2017, 05:17 PM
Silly thread.

OP should be banned for stupidity.

Murphy'sLore
14-05-2017, 05:36 PM
Sooo Richmondy!

ratsmac
14-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Ouch!

SlimPickens
14-05-2017, 05:51 PM
Must say watching the tigers and the pies lose the way they did, eased my pain ever so slightly.

Twodogs
14-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Silly thread.

OP should be banned for stupidity.

Mate...

We've tried to get rid of the OP but he wont take a hint :D

Topdog
14-05-2017, 10:37 PM

Respect faded quickly

Dry Rot
30-09-2017, 01:16 AM
Obviously I want us to win 2 in row, but if we can't and the Crows or Tigers (unlikely) do it, good luck to them.

A post from April. :D

Twodogs
30-09-2017, 07:47 AM

Fair effort mate.

ledge
30-09-2017, 12:16 PM

When you get things that right usually means you know nothing about football :-)
Like my mum picks Melbourne cup winner because she likes the colour or the usual footy tipping Comp won by someone who has never followed the game.

Twodogs
30-09-2017, 12:33 PM
When you get things that right usually means you know nothing about football :-)
Like my mum picks Melbourne cup winner because she likes the colour or the usual footy tipping Comp won by someone who has never followed the game.

I reckon fair dos. I would have been the first to point out the fact to DR if he was wrong!:D

Remi Moses
30-09-2017, 12:58 PM
No more tiger talk . Pleeeeease

Twodogs
30-09-2017, 01:49 PM
No more tiger talk . Pleeeeease

I've gone a bit deaf with this cold I've got and I can barely hear a thing. If Richmond win I'm going to be quite grateful about that.

ledge
30-09-2017, 02:05 PM
I live on my own and have Foxtel so in the next two months I will watch history channel and know the ins and outs of WW2 by January if the tigers win.