Weakness?

Comments

LostDoggy
09-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Overall rating? 7

Strengths? Smartness, general skills

Weakness? Hamstrings, fitness

Comments
Considering he came back from the big knee i thought he did better than expected. He still has all his mobility and agility. I think fitness caught up with him a few times and that may have resulted in his hamstring issues but when he was up (Tigers game) he was very effective.

soupman
10-01-2008, 02:35 AM
Overall rating? 8

Strengths? Evasiveness, quick thinking, reads play, footskills, agile, apparently funny, versatile, keeps feet

Weakness? Soft tissue injuries, light bodied, weird looking

Comments
Very talented forward who is hard to match up on and can directly influence the outcomes of games. A supposed leader at the club, and is an integral part of our forward set up when not injured.

hujsh
10-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Overall rating? 8

Strengths? Evasiveness, quick thinking, reads play, footskills, agile, apparently funny, versatile, keeps feet

Weakness? Soft tissue injuries, light bodied, weird looking

Comments
Very talented forward who is hard to match up on and can directly influence the outcomes of games. A supposed leader at the club, and is an integral part of our forward set up when not injured.

I believe that spiritual leader is the term often used for Murph

LostDoggy
10-01-2008, 03:30 PM
I believe that spiritual leader is the term often used for Murph

Ive heard this spiritual leader crap thrown around on bf alot. What do they do? Hold prayer sessions before and after training? It should be renamed 'not good enough to be captain leader'.

The Bulldogs Bite
10-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Overall rating? 5.

Strengths? Intelligence on the field (when to lead etc.)

Weakness? Fitness, fitness, fitness.

Comments Hard to expect the world from Murph after coming back from such an injury. He did OK in patches but I can't understand how people are rating him as a 7 & 8 etc. He did OK considering, but he'll want & need to lift his game significantly. I'm sure he will - 2007 is under his belt along with a full pre-season, so he should be fine. His fitness, or lack of, really showed and it effected his agility at times. He's an intelligent player and this certainly helped him. He needs fitness, with that will come his agility, high marking & unstoppable leading. Still, he had a couple good games. He'll be one to watch in '08.

Bulldog Revolution
10-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Ive heard this spiritual leader crap thrown around on bf alot. What do they do? Hold prayer sessions before and after training? It should be renamed 'not good enough to be captain leader'.

I am bit into the spiritual leaders - they are the guys who are not necessarily captain but are informally the guys that set the trends and standards on and off the field. It might be the team larrikin, jokester, crusty veteran etc.

Smithy was a great veteran spiritual leader who consistently embrace his younger teammates and made the effort to make them feel part of the place off the field.

The Coon Dog
10-01-2008, 06:09 PM
I am bit into the spiritual leaders - they are the guys who are not necessarily captain but are informally the guys that set the trends and standards on and off the field. It might be the team larrikin, jokester, crusty veteran etc.

Smithy was a great veteran spiritual leader who consistently embrace his younger teammates and made the effort to make them feel part of the place off the field.

2 words: Brett Kirk.

The Bulldogs Bite
10-01-2008, 06:27 PM

Agreed, they play a pretty important role IMO.

Look no further than the recently retired Archer. He defined a 'spiritual leader.'

hujsh
10-01-2008, 07:13 PM
2 words: Brett Kirk.

Another was Hamill